Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #166  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Meg - 17 inches of snow....no way..I'd be moving south! Oh wait...I do live in the south and we still got this crap! The difference of us getting it and yall getting it - is that we don't get it very often, therefore we don't know how to drive in it! So there are idiots out making an attempt - crazy! Hubs drove me in again today, and now I have to try to get ahold of my Dad to see if he is coming to town so he can take me to Walmart. (I'm sending a care package to my cousin in China - and need to get a few more things before I can ship it, and it needs to get there before Xmas)...Yeah - I'm glad I'm a chick too - 2nd morning in a row hubs has had to scrape the car off!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:31 AM   #167  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Skinny Jeans!!

I took SS2 to Target last night to Christmas shop. Since he wanted to be alone (not that he got anything for me ) I decided to try on some jeans. And I am proud to state that I fit into size 14 Skinny Jeans without a problem. So I had to buy them (that and the fact that my other jeans have me pulling them up 19 times/day). So I am wearing my Skinny Jeans (their actual name) today!!

It's a great feeling to go down one whole size!

Kristi: Yeah, well, people around here don't know how to drive in it either. Yesterday, the roads were clear but the idiot in front of me was going 40 on the freeway.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #168  

Congrats on everyones losses and non scale victories.

I have not posted in a while, I fell off the wagon. More than once. I find myself getting bored of the pasta (except for the plain mac and chz and alfredo) and so I had to buy some Healthy Choice and Lean Pockets to break up.

We have been doing a lot of eating out and I have not been making good choices. Shame on me. I was doing so good.

I did the treadmill a few times last week, but I got so busy with finals and work stuff that I was putting in 10 hour days.

Today I was looking for a desktop program for office exercise or desk exercise. I had one on my pc about 5 years ago and for the life of me can't remember the name, so I had to do some digging today.

Through a fellow blogger I found My Break Pal and I wanted to pass it along to you guys. I am not sure how your office feels about you putting a program on your pc, but the free individual is a just a pop up to tell you its time, you pick the exercise and it takes you to the web video. So the program is small. They do have premium individual as well as corporate and office accounts.

So far I really like it. I do something every 30 mins. Each break is 1-4min long. So you could get a good amount of exercise.

They have sitting and standing to choose from.

http://www.breakpal.com/affiliate/2392 (I don't get any monetary compensation for this, it will just add you as my friend and give me a point) apparently they do like sparkpeople and give you motivation points

So, so far today I have been back on plan.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Height: 5'9

A little down in the dumps! First know that I cheated on my wonderslim plan on the 4th day and have been cheating since! Then I made the fatal mistake of weighing myself and tell me why I weight the same

I am so depressed and it's all my fault! Please someone help with encouraging words
Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #170  
Calorie Cutting Queen

CONGRATS Meg on those skinny jeans...you go girl!!! So proud of you and for you!! Now that's something to shout from the rooftops!! "I'm in SKINNY JEANS!!"....I finally broke down and bought some fitting jeans too - the ones I was wearing were 26's so when I finally found a pair that I LOVED the fit..they were 22's...No wonder I was tuggin and pullin at them all the time! (I could even pull them up and down w/out unbuttoning them!)

Irish - Welcome back..I knew since you'd not been on for a while you must have felt guilty aren't we all like that! Anyways, dust yourself off and keep it going! Supplementing with pre-made frozen meals should be ok, provided that you're watching calories/carbs, etc. and it sounds like you are...but still I want you to post in here...I miss ya when you're gone!

llboyce - Hey girl...weighing the same is WAY better than a gain - especially since you confessed to "cheating"! So don't sweat that at all! You know..I've been "cheating" too - it's almost TOM for me, and I feel like I could snack all day long! PLUS I am going on my families Xmas trip tomorrow for the weekend...in a cabin...8-10 of us...with LOTS of JUNK food around and some awesome home-made meals and several meals out...BUT I'm determined to take my WS along and do the best I can! I'm up 1 pound myself, but after all the crap I've eaten this week - I'll take that! And I was SO close to 50 pounds, had hoped to hit that before the trip..oh well, its my own fault - I "cheated" on no one but myself! So you pick yourself up - if you think about it - you would have had a loss if you hadn't chose to faulter..so you can see that it'll work, if you work it!

{hugs} to you all!
We CAN do this...we WILL do this...it's for no one but ourselves!! We ARE worth it and we DO deserve it!!
Lets vow to just do our best thru the holidays - and kick it into high gear on Jan 1st! That's what I'm gonna do - eat right when I can, do the best I can when I can't and hope for the best. But let me tell ya...on Jan 1st - I'm 100% focused on loosing - and this extra 66 pounds WILL go away!
Old 12-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by llboyce View Post
A little down in the dumps! First know that I cheated on my wonderslim plan on the 4th day and have been cheating since! Then I made the fatal mistake of weighing myself and tell me why I weight the same

I am so depressed and it's all my fault! Please someone help with encouraging words

We have ALL been there. 4 days is nothing to laugh at!! You just got to get back on track with your very next meal! Something I learned a long time ago (in WW) that we should allow ourself to eat what we desire, nothing is off limits, but it has to be in moderation. That is why I went on WS to retrain my thought process of eating smaller meals so that I could eat the things I wanted and remain within the realm of portion control.

Instead of eating, find something to do. I know it is easier said than done, but I find if I keep myself busy, I dont munch. I read. I write. Sometimes I knit. I take the dogs for a walk. If its crappy out I will walk on the treadmill or even go up and down my stairs a few times. Anything to keep your hands and mind busy.

Another thing, if you feel hungry or the need to eat, drink a HUGE glass of water. The hunger is usually thirst and it will go away.

And like Kristikins stated, there is no gain, so that in itself is a non scale victory!!!

I have fallen off the wagon so many times in the last few weeks, but I am NOT giving up. I just get right back on track with my next meal.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #172  

I'm guessing that everyone here likes the food that they order since most of us custom order our packages.

I have some things I am truly bored of (I know, already?) and I am not sure how much of a hassle it would be to return them/exchange for something else. Or for those products I don't really like and still have most of the box left.

Maybe we could have a swap party? LOL

Oh, and just a heads up, some of those new Lean Pockets with the multi-grain/wheat crusts have 18-20g of protein. They have a few more calories than the WS entrées, but for me to break up the pasta boredom a few extra calories is worth it here and there.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Height: 5'9

@ Irishchick and Kritstikin You guys are the best!
I feel so much better, I decided to stay with doing my wonderslim plan. Also I weigh myself the this morning and I was down 2 pounds
I'm so happy I join this forum! This is the best support system I've been apart of! Even tho my husband is supportive, but he don't get it. He can inhale a whole pizza and still keep a six pack whereas I smell pizza I gain a pound! Anyhoo.... Thanks again!.....
Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #174  

Hey LADIES!!

I am back and MARRIED and it was beyond my wildest dreams!!!! How is everyone? I am trying to read back on some posts, and looking for familiar faces I still have a lot of product, right before the wedding, things got so fast paced that I did no diet plan, and my dress was a little loose to perfect fitting! I did not eat much just from nerves and almost fainted at the seamstress's! Anyway, on my honeymoon and at the wedding, I ate everything not nailed down, without abandon and have NO guilt at all about it! That is a non-scale victory, I am only up 6 lbs and know WS will get it off

I saw someone else loves the easy way show - i LOVE her! she is where I first discovered WS products. She is a beauty - what great skin and her figure is amazing! I really think her method - of eating 2, 250 calorie meals is best for the metabolism. She also walked 2 hours a day on the treadmill and I do think all those things together kept her metabolism stoked. I have begun to think more about metabolism since I am very hypothyroid and sometimes my cals go too low and I won't lose a lb.

I tried to do a Jillian Michaels' DVD yesterday and was so out of breath. Are any of you ladies anemic? I am SEVERELY and I wonder if that (in addition to being out of shape) is what is making me SO breathless...thoughts?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #175  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Hey ladies! Irish - I think you only have 30 days to return any "unliked" foods; as for a swap party, that's a great idea! I have not idea what I could swap with you though...I'm liking everything I've got! But if I have something you'd like to try, I'd swap a few packs of stuff w/ ya!

llboyce - See...you were stressed about nothing....So glad that you saw a loss - keep on going...just be careful w/ the cheats!

Atty - CONGRATS on your wedding! I know you were a beautiful bride! No worries on the 6 pound gain girl..you had good reason! But like you said you can WS those pounds right out of your life! I was talking w/ hubs today on our drive up to the mountains about the easy way chick - I think she must not work or have a family to deal with to be able to devote 2 hours a day to the treadmill; I wish I could do that or even had the drive to do that...but - I don't love to move - YET!

Well girlies..I need to go; we are at the cabin in Pigeon Forge this weekend w/ my family for Christmas - having a BIG time! Make good choices girls!
Old 12-17-2010, 07:59 AM   #176  

Kristi - Guess where I just returned from on my honeymoon!! Hippensteal's Inn and Buckhorn Inn high in the mountains of Gatlinburg! Those gourmet breakfasts and 5 course dinners are what did me in - but I did hike Ramsay's Cascade (4 miles up a mountain, 4 miles back down) in a SNOWSTORM! It was just me, husband and 2 crazy guys we met who were super nice. Even at 174 lbs, I was proud of being extremely strong. The snow was deep and I just kept treading along. So to say I envy you in Pigeon Forge is an understatement - we were in Gatlinburg at the Inns for 8 days and they were absolutely wonderful, great place to be for Christmas

As for the easy way chick, does it seem she hasn't updated her website in a while? I may not be looking at the right place on her site for new videos. But yes she either (1) doesn't work or (2) is self employed and works from home. I think it is (2), one of her video's gave me that impression. What is awesome to me about her is the amount of research she put into losing weight, the necessity of some fat, ample protein, walking in her target heart rate for weight loss, water consumption, etc. My only problem with her plan for me is finding small 250 calorie meals. I am not crazy about the Wally world salads she recommends or the tuna packs. Do you ladies know of any ways to find small, easy 250 calorie meals? I may purchase the bags of dark green salads (romaine, etc.) and just count cals for the dressings and maybe put a little chicken or tuna on top.

I regret having purchased an elliptical machine and not a treadmill because she is absolutely correct about target heart zone for fat burning. My elliptical is too hard for me to stay on a full hour even on the lowest setting.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #177  

llboyce - you are welcome! I am not perfect with the plan by any means, but I am not giving up. I just pick right back up again and keep going. It takes time to change habits and it is all a learning experience. Sometimes water retention is a culprit! My first week I did not lose anything on the plan, but the next week I was down 5. There are so many different variables, and every persons body is different. One thing to remember too is if you are working out, muscle weights more than fat. So you might be losing weight but gaining muscle.

BrunetteAtty- congrats!! You know, I tried to watch the Easy Way show and while she has some good points, I wonder, does she work? It seems like with her plan (2 hours walking) all the drinking and pee breaks that she must not work, unless she works from home. Also, her over excitement kinda gets to me. I know that sounds weird, but its almost like shes over doing it. Just my 2 cents. It makes it hard to watch for me. But, its amazing her transformation!

Kristikins- you are right about the 30days, but I bought my last shipment the first of Nov to tide me over through the holidays. So, no returns for me. I like pretty much everything I have too, for the most part. But I think boredom of the entrées has started to set in.

I was thinking I would take advantage of the DD December coupon and get a box of smoothies, another box of the cappuccino , some Alfredo and the plain mac and cheese. Those are the things I ran out of. And those little packets take up less room than the Smart Ones, Lean Cuisines and Healthy Choice do in my freezer. I have purchased a few of those to break up the lunch, and for dinner on the nights my fiancé works late.

I don't want to buy a lot of WS as I want to wean myself off of it at some point. I still have a LOT of food. 2 big boxes full (should get me through till Feb!). I stocked up! But a few things I ran out of, I would like to have some more of while I finish off the boxes.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunetteAtty View Post
Kristi - Guess where I just returned from on my honeymoon!! Hippensteal's Inn and Buckhorn Inn high in the mountains of Gatlinburg! Those gourmet breakfasts and 5 course dinners are what did me in - but I did hike Ramsay's Cascade (4 miles up a mountain, 4 miles back down) in a SNOWSTORM! It was just me, husband and 2 crazy guys we met who were super nice. Even at 174 lbs, I was proud of being extremely strong. The snow was deep and I just kept treading along. So to say I envy you in Pigeon Forge is an understatement - we were in Gatlinburg at the Inns for 8 days and they were absolutely wonderful, great place to be for Christmas

As for the easy way chick, does it seem she hasn't updated her website in a while? I may not be looking at the right place on her site for new videos. But yes she either (1) doesn't work or (2) is self employed and works from home. I think it is (2), one of her video's gave me that impression. What is awesome to me about her is the amount of research she put into losing weight, the necessity of some fat, ample protein, walking in her target heart rate for weight loss, water consumption, etc. My only problem with her plan for me is finding small 250 calorie meals. I am not crazy about the Wally world salads she recommends or the tuna packs. Do you ladies know of any ways to find small, easy 250 calorie meals? I may purchase the bags of dark green salads (romaine, etc.) and just count cals for the dressings and maybe put a little chicken or tuna on top.

I regret having purchased an elliptical machine and not a treadmill because she is absolutely correct about target heart zone for fat burning. My elliptical is too hard for me to stay on a full hour even on the lowest setting.
I should have read this before I started writing my last post! That is exactly what I was thinking. She did say she signed up as an affiliate with "her company" in one of her videos and I am pretty sure its DD given some of the things on her website and in her vids. I was wondering that too, about her work situation because she talks about drinking all day long and how much she has to go potty and her eating times. Plus she walks 2 hours a day. I was thinking, I work from home and I STILL dont have time for all of that!

I am determined to get back on the treadmill and complete my couch to 5k program!! I also found some office exercises on you tube that I saved so I can take breaks and not have to leave my office. Every time I do I lose my creativity (I'm a writer) and I also put a program on my desktop to remind me of break times and I do yoga exercises.

Slowly getting back in to the game. I am just trying to survive the holidays and then I will hit the new year running.

I wanted to get to 180 by June 26. I am 225 right now. I keep going up and down. June 26th is the day I am finally going to see U2. I have been a fan since I was 13, and living in OK at the time they never came as their was never a venue large enough for them. Dallas would always sell out before I could get tickets. Now that I am in MI, it seems everyone comes here. So I was using that as my goal.

As for the 250 calorie meal, I like fish and there is not much calories in that, so I usually do like fish and spinach. A small piece of chicken breast or a tuna packet is good too, with some green beans or a salad. Also, not sure how you feel about Lean Pockets, lean cuisines, or healthy choice but their is a nice variety of those under 250.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #179  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Atty - Isn't Gatlinburg the BEST!!! We come here every year for Christmas, the weekend before...it's GREAT! Did you get any shopping in at the Outlets? We did a little bit today, but not as much as I usually do. I did get 2 pairs of Merrell's - I'm So excited about finally getting some good shoes for my painful feet! We don't do "outside" stuff like hiking, but always plan some sort of group outting, so tomorrow we are doing breakfast at the Black Bear Jamboree! It'll be FUN!

Irish - good thinking on stocking up! I've got quite a bit still left too. Thought it should get me thru the new year, but since I've been "cheating" I think I'll have enough to get me thru longer! I've not tried the alfredo - is it good?? I've not done the plain mac-chz either (only 3 servings in the box for the same $ as 7 pks of chz burger mac, I just can't make that work in my brain!). I don't mind the pasta meals - spicy and chz steak, but I mix it up by throwing a soup in a couple days a week...I also have LF ritz crackers w/ my soup - helps make me think I'm eating "real" food!

Well, gotta start getting ready for dinner...my b-i-l is grilling steaks tonight! YUM!!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

Irish- I saw you liked the smoothies...is there a trick to them? I ordered a box of each flavor, and, to be quite frank, they're the first thing I've ordered that literally made me gag. Maybe it's just a difference of taste, but are you doctoring them in some magical way to make them delicious? Just thought I'd ask.

Congratulations to everyone on their losses! I am a little disappointed- I have been on plan for a week and a half- no cheating and no deviating- but I have only lost 5 lbs. It doesn't seem like much for how restrictive my diet has been- and I know the first week's loss is supposed to be the fastest. That said, 5 lbs is still 5 lbs, and I am going to keep at it. I was just really hoping for a bit quicker loss at the beginning to stay motivated.

Is anyone else starving all the time? I was fine the first week- which is weird, because almost everything I've read has said that the first three days are the worst- but actually the last few days have been terrible. I'm so hungry, all I can think about is the next time I can eat!
Closed Thread