Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #241  
WonderSlim WannaBe

S/C/G: 266/270/150 (eek I gained)

Height: 5'4

I remember seeing a post somewhere on here about flavor syrups....What were they used for? I know I will want to Doctor stuff up as I get bored of things easily.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #242  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Smiley - the flavored syrups are Torani or DaVinci sugar Free flavored syrups. They are usually found in the coffee isle at a grocery store and Walmart! Irish Chik mentioned and I found them too at the Dollar General store only they are a different brand - but for $1!!! The small bottles at Walmart are around $4.50 here. However, the DG ones aren't as flavorful or sweet as the Torani or DaVinci ones! You can also find those name brand syrups online (Amazon and Lollicup, etc). The bottles look like wine bottles that they are in. I will not drink a shake without doctoring it up a bit - I mean, if I'm gonna drink it - it needs to taste good, right!!?? Oh...also, Irish chik found a site called Capella Flavor Drops - they are teeny tiny little dropper bottles of flavors; way easier to store than the Torani/Da Vinci bottles; they are good - NOT the sweetener though, I do better with a packet of splenda. I've tried several of the mini-drops from Capella (cheaper and to see what's good) and Pralines & Cream and French Vanilla in the bigger drops - like I said, they are good, sometimes if you use too much though you can taste a chemical aftertaste...As for the Torani and DaVinci syrups; there are TONS of flavors! I've got Brown Sugar/Cinnamon, Coconut, Creme de Menth, Peanut Butter, Vanilla, Buttescotch, Pumpkin Pie, Caramel, Kaluah. They are good for a switch up but my favorite is the vanilla with some decaf inst. coffee granuals in the mocha shake with a couple ice cubes and 10oz water...YUM!! Like a frapp! Hope I've not overloaded you with info - but I'm a firm believer in mking things taste good (i'm from the south - we are sticklers on sweet, fat laden comfort foods!!)...
Old 01-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #243  
WonderSlim WannaBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
Smiley - the flavored syrups are Torani or DaVinci sugar Free flavored syrups. They are usually found in the coffee isle at a grocery store and Walmart! Irish Chik mentioned and I found them too at the Dollar General store only they are a different brand - but for $1!!! The small bottles at Walmart are around $4.50 here. However, the DG ones aren't as flavorful or sweet as the Torani or DaVinci ones! You can also find those name brand syrups online (Amazon and Lollicup, etc). The bottles look like wine bottles that they are in. I will not drink a shake without doctoring it up a bit - I mean, if I'm gonna drink it - it needs to taste good, right!!?? Oh...also, Irish chik found a site called Capella Flavor Drops - they are teeny tiny little dropper bottles of flavors; way easier to store than the Torani/Da Vinci bottles; they are good - NOT the sweetener though, I do better with a packet of splenda. I've tried several of the mini-drops from Capella (cheaper and to see what's good) and Pralines & Cream and French Vanilla in the bigger drops - like I said, they are good, sometimes if you use too much though you can taste a chemical aftertaste...As for the Torani and DaVinci syrups; there are TONS of flavors! I've got Brown Sugar/Cinnamon, Coconut, Creme de Menth, Peanut Butter, Vanilla, Buttescotch, Pumpkin Pie, Caramel, Kaluah. They are good for a switch up but my favorite is the vanilla with some decaf inst. coffee granuals in the mocha shake with a couple ice cubes and 10oz water...YUM!! Like a frapp! Hope I've not overloaded you with info - but I'm a firm believer in mking things taste good (i'm from the south - we are sticklers on sweet, fat laden comfort foods!!)...
Thanks for the info on the syrups. I think I will go check out the Walmart by my place and see what they have. I checked out the Capella site last night and I want to try 42 of the flavors but 42 x $5.95 adds up ya know.....lol
Anywhoo like I said I'll see what the Canadian Walmart has
Old 01-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 245/229.8/140

Height: 5ft 5in

I got the gingerbread Torani syrup at Dominicks. It is soooooo good with all the shakes. Definitly recommend it. And, I got the cinnamon syrup to go in my morning coffee since I am a flavored coffee drinker and can't give up the habit. Not a bad replacement for the cinnamon creamer I prefer to use. I haven't tried the cinnamon in the shake yet since I think it may not be a good flavor match, but we'll see.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #245  
WonderSlim WannaBe

Well I checked out the Canadian Walmart Supercentre and they don't have any flavor syrups whatsoever except the usual Nesquick for milk. I found a site called Coffee-Authority that sells Davinci syrups at $6.49 per bottle or as low as $4.99 per bottle in quantity. As low as $59.88 for case of 12 mixed bottles.

Shipping for the 12 pack is anywhere from $35.80 (3-5 day) up to $132.39 (1 day) for UPS.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #246  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Cruisin'!!

Yep, booked a cruise. We ended up on a different one since the original one I was looking at disappeared from their deals (and now we paid $300 more. Oh, well). It might not be a tropical cruise since we leave from NYC, but it gives me something to look forward to and something to work towards. My motivation seems to have disappeared!

I have a headache today so I might skip my CVS stop tonight. Or not.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #247  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Smiley - you enticed me yesterday to hunt for more syrups..I found at We sell coffee .com was probably the best deal the BIG bottles were $4.25; shipping is a pain no matter what - cause they are glass bottles and are heavy...check out that site - I ordered 6 more flavors: Irish Cream, Vanilla, French Vanilla, Chocolate, White Chocolate and Almond! The big bottles from this site are cheaper than the smaller ones at Walmart, plus theres SO many more flavor options!

Meg - I'm SO excited for you - a cruise...aahhhhh!!! Did you see the Extreme Couponing show on TLC? OMG...Those people have it BAD!!! I'm enjoying the way I'm couponing - and I'm making a small stock pile, but nothing like what they are doing!!! I think their show should be called "Extreme Couponing leads to Hoarding"!!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #248  

10 LBS GONE!!!!! Today was my official weigh in day and in one full week I am down 10LBS!!!!! How fantastic is that???? 5 more to my mini goal and I reward myself with a mani/pedi. I can't wait.

Kristikins- what is an extreme couponer? people who clip too many coupons? I saw a show once on TLC about "sweepers" (people who play for sweepstakes a lot) and that show gave me the creepies. These people had so much stuff they didn't need and cluttered their homes, all for the thrill of a deal. I love a deal, but I love my uncluttered home more.

Meg- I am jealous of you. I LOVE crusing. And even better, you leave from NYC. Are you planning to spend some time there as well? So much to see and do that would be an awesome trip!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #249  
WonderSlim WannaBe

WTG LittleCamper!! Great Job, Keep it up you can do it...lol
Mine box is still sitting in customs..
Old 01-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #250  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Camper - Extreme Couponing on TLC was about these 4 people who pretty much take couponing to the NEXT level! They order coupons from the internet from couponing sites (and pay a fee for the handling) but they get thousands of coupons that they request. One girls house had 3 rooms taken up by her stash and an entire wall of toilet paper. Another girl goes dumpster diving for the disgarded coupon inserts from the Sunday papers and a guy they showed has turned his 2 car garage into his own grocery store. He bought 1100 boxes of total cereal for $150 (they were free, but he had to pay the taxes on them). He has over 1500 sticks of deoderant...1500 sticks they estimate will do the average person 150 years...REALLY...does he NEED that much deo??? It was NUTS! I've heard about people stock piling - and I do stock pile to an extent (stock up when it's on sale) but these people act like there will never be another sale on that item...CRAZZZZY!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #251  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Oh...and BTW...CONGRATS on your loss!!! YAY!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #252  

Smiley- so sorry that customs can't move their butts a little faster. Did they say how long it would take? Shipping to Canada sure is terrible.

Kristikins- I can't believe people would stash that much stuff. Even if it is on sale, if it isn't needed it is just a waste of money. Does the show have a shrink to help these poor people? Of course, now I am going to check it out because I love watching train wreck reality TV.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #253  

oops, I forgot to ask to all in general-
I am a lousy cook and need more ideas for lean/green. Here is the deal, I have limited cooking abilities. I use my oven to store pots and pans. I can cook on a foreman and in a microwave, but a lot of stove top things are beyond me. So, aside from Veggie Burgers and Grilled Chicken with vegetables/salad I am a bit lost. Can someone please give me an easy recipe? Maybe some kind of fish, which I have never before cooked, but enjoy ordering in restaurants.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #254  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 185/167.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I have Celiac. Is wonderslim gluten free? Or does it come gluten free?

I tried doing the Nutrisystem last march, at that point I did know I had gluten intolerance, and I was bloated and sick...NS has loads of grain products. I thought because it was highly engineered food that I did not tolerate the dehydration and preservatives.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 221.8/178.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereAmIHidingIt View Post
little camper- it was not repulsive from the get go. but what i realized is lunch is the only part of my diet i hate, i like the bar but the entrees are so lacking, i am a realist i cant doctor them up without turning them into more calories than i need. i could eat the spicy mac all day long but hate the cheesesteak mac, i am getting very turned off by the chili and vege joe the more i have to eat them (i ordered mostly these with just two boxes of spicy mac.) im reaching out for help because i dont want to eat off the diet so what else on WS can i eat the few days i dont want to eat spicy mac.
I actually do doctor mine up! LOL
I add hot sauce (if you like hot sauce) to the steak mac and cheese and it's actually good. I also add a smidge of oregano or season salt and it's palatible.
I also like the chili and I add fat free kraft shredded cheese and light sour cream to those.

Things I eat when I don't eat WS food is tuna mixed with lemon pepper and garlic salt NO mayo with very low cal, low carb rice or water crackers and it's actually good if you add a dash of fresh lemon juice too. Makes it not too dry. Or cottage cheese. That's a great go to. It's high in protein. I get low fat.

I also eat veggie burgers no bun or salads. I have found that I can stick a salad in just about anywhere in addition to my lean and green without it causing me to not lose or gain. I always still lose.
Good luck!
Closed Thread