Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #226  
WonderSlim WannaBe

S/C/G: 266/270/150 (eek I gained)

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCamper View Post
So, my first mini goal this year is to lose 15lbs. I know I shouldn't have, but I stepped on a scale today and it shows a 6.6lb loss. I think my scale must be broken because that is a huge number for just a few days. If it is true then I have a great head start on that goal. *YIPEE YIPEE*
Way to go on your first loss!!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #227  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Good morning all! Yesterday seemed to be a bomb for me - I felt like I had to eat everything "junk" left in my office...so I did...but last night I did very well once home and even rode 5 miles on my bike! This morning I woke to 3 of those 6 pounds gone!! YAY!! I knew most of it was water! Today is a GREAT day and I'm on schedule and on plan! YAY for me!!!

Camper - Congrats to you girl! It's amazing how WS just helps the weight melt right off huh!!

Yall have a good day! It's coupon day for me! (The day I clip clip clip and then start the grocery list!)
Old 01-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #228  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post

I purchased Chrystal's ws leftovers - so I have no doubt the meals she'll be sending me will push me on to the goal; all I should have to get extra will be shakes! YAY!!
I am glad I could help.

I just wanted to let the newbies know that I am not quitting on purpose. Well, more or less. The only reason I made the choice to do WS is because DHS took my food benefits away. I figured if I had to buy food, I may as well buy something to help my weight.

I used coupons and codes and stocked up. I am pretty much convinced when it was all said and done I had 4 months worth of food!

I did lose 5 pounds and I got my portion control in check. I read labels, I roamed my grocery store and checked everything! I was surprised at some things I found. I use the WS meal plan as a guide.

So, when they gave me my food benefits back, I also got my credit card statement, and at the same time I was getting nauseous just thinking about eating spicy mac or cheese steak! But, I LOVED just about everything I tried. Some was OK. But there wasn't anything I could say I really hated or would not order again.

Kristi and I did a swap. I get to pay my credit card and she gets my food and I get to eat comparable items from the grocery store. It was a win-win situation.

I should be graduating college this June. After that I will be able to go back to work full time. More $$ = no food benefits, but I will be able to buy the food items I really need too.

I would DEFIANTLY recommend WS to everyone I know AND I would love to do the plan again if I needed.

Lately I have been thinking about sucking up my embarrassment and just using the benefit of my lifetime membership of being a WW Lifetimer. I just dont want to be that girl that gained her weight back. I live out in the country, and until recently did not have meetings close. Now there is one 5miles away. Better than the 40-60 the others were. But, even as a lifetime member, I have to pay since I am over my goal weight. It is a reduced fee, but it still adds up ever week. The online program is only $18 a month, so I have thought about getting hooked back up on WW.

I wish I could do it the free way and count calories, measure portions, read labels. I have an account at My Fitness Pal that I use faithfully. I was doing good until my shoulder injury at the end of last summer. That put me out or months exercising and put me behind with my career. So, really what I need is a bottle of exercise motivation!!!

Anyway, I will be checking in with you guys!!

Chrys
Old 01-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone, I'm back after my holiday break (ate pretty much whatever I wanted from 12/10-1/2). I was afraid to get on the scale yesterday but was surprised to see it only up 3.5lbs from my 12/9 weight and today those 3.5 are gone (don't you love water weight fluctuations in your favor?! )
Old 01-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #230  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Chrystal - WW does add up with that weekly fee - maybe you could go a couple times to get the materials and then wing it - we'll kick your rear here if you need it! A 5 minute drive to the meetings certainly beats the heck out of the longer commute - no doubt!! I mentioned WW to you earlier - I think another issue I have with WW is our leader - SUCKS!!! She is absolultely NOT motivating - very crabby and hateful actually; and she's an old lady who doesn't understand that some of us still go out and enjoy our lives/dinners etc...Oh well...maybe when she finally gets gone (she's been the leader for 20 some odd years) and they get someone fantastic in there; I'll be at my goal and can go for accountability!

Kez - Congrats on your mini-gain and quick loss...yes, I did that too; 3 pounds of water gone in 1 day!! WOO HOO!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 245/229.8/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Anyone know a way to incorporate a hamburger into the lean and green? We are having my nephews overnight tomorrow and they want hamburgers for dinner. I LOVE BURGERS and am not sure I could resist the burger temptation, so I would like to do a healthy version. Any ideas?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 221.8/178.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone!! Happy New Year! I haven't been on for a bit but I hope everyone is doing great! I stayed stagnent for a couple of weeks during the holidays. No gaining (yay!) but no loss. So I am back on track and just lost a few more lbs this last few days finally! Wearing some clothes that I couldn't fit into at ALL 2 mths ago which is nice.

And LittleCamper- I have hamburgers all of the time
I have them wrapped in lettuce. No bun. Actually very yummy. I take leafs of romaine and either wrap my patty with fixings or just lay it on a bed of lettuce. I do usually eat turkey burgers, but not always. Fresh and Easy (not sure if you have one) has pattys that are beef and mushroom and swiss and such. And I have gotten those and had no problem losing weight that day. I have even had a Carl's Jr 6 dollar lean. Which is the same. They wrap it in lettuce and the patty is lean beef.

Good luck!!
23lbs since Oct 21st. I guess I am doing ok but I have lots more to go! I have been incorporating some regular food in my WS diet. I order small amts every 2 weeks. Bars, a lunch or cereal. Seems to be working.
LOL
Hope everyone is doing well on their weight loss goals and the holidays didn't get you too badly!!

Erin
Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #233  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Camper - Boca makes pretty good "fake" burgers, my favorite is the All American one, tastes flame grilled (I bake mine in the oven on a Pampered Chef stone) - Also - Healthy Life makes a Lite burger bun, it's whole wheat and only 80 cals - if you NEED a bun! Oh...and if you've not tried the Morning Star breaded chicken patty - YUM! I bake it too and it gets crispy on the outside - very yummy! (we have those sometimes for a quick wed night supper before church!)

YAY Erin's back! So good to see you lady! And good to know that the holidays were kind to you! I like to hear how everyone is tweaking their plan to fit them...WS is so versatile!! Welcome back!

I tried a Healthy Choice steam meal yesterday - Chicken Parmigana - OMG was it delish!! 260 cals - 21g protein - and tasty to the max! So glad I bought 2 of them..now I can have it again in a couple days!

It's finally HUMP day yall! SO glad! This is gonna be a long week - since it's a full work week - the first in several weeks! Hope you all are doing well!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #234  
WonderSlim WannaBe

Yesterday was HUMP day for me as I work Sundays to Thursdays.

Well it shouldn't be long until my first order arrives at my house as I checked the status with the tracker and it arrived here in Canada yesterday at 2pm and went into customs. Now all I have to do is wait for it to get through customs.......Hope they don't take their sweet *** time as I am getting impatient. Also hope that the additional fees I will have won't be too bad, hopefully just the Canadian HST tax (12%).
Old 01-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #235  

hey all,
so after 4 weeks i am starting to find all of the entrees except spicy mac repulsive. i want to return the entrees and was wondering if anyone knows how to order the snack bites as part of the starter package or if its even possible. Id much rather eat a bag of sour cream and onion crunch bites than try and slam down another bowl of the chili, its getting gross.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 245/229.8/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Thanks for the great burger ideas. I love Boca Burgers and I think I will try it tonight with a lettuce wrap. It sounds pretty good.

Smiley- Yay, hopefully you will have your box any day so you can get started.

WhereAmIHidingIt- was just wondering if when you first started everything tasted allright or if you thought the entrees were repulsive at the start. I am planning my next order and wasn't sure if I should get more variety or stick with what I like already.

Kristikins- I am with you on the Health Choice Steam meals-they are ridiculously good, and Lean Cuisine has really improved. I had a lean cuisine mushroom tortelloni that was so delish I could eat it every day.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #237  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I might just be finding my motivation really fast! We're looking at taking a cruise at the end of April!!!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #238  

little camper- it was not repulsive from the get go. but what i realized is lunch is the only part of my diet i hate, i like the bar but the entrees are so lacking, i am a realist i cant doctor them up without turning them into more calories than i need. i could eat the spicy mac all day long but hate the cheesesteak mac, i am getting very turned off by the chili and vege joe the more i have to eat them (i ordered mostly these with just two boxes of spicy mac.) im reaching out for help because i dont want to eat off the diet so what else on WS can i eat the few days i dont want to eat spicy mac.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #239  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Smiley - What exactly do they do in "customs"? I hope you get your package soon!!

Hiding It - I don't think they'll let you mix a snack into a starter kit...Seems like the last time I ordered I wanted more shakes and less desserts and they wouldn't let me (had to be from the same category)...Sorry you're getting sick of the entree's..have you tried to doctor them up? I use FF sour cream in EVERY entree (even soups, chili and veggie joe) - it really makes a tasty, creamy difference! Someone here puts hot sauce in theirs, but I'm more of a "creamy" kind of girl and some add extra veggies...I actually didn't like the snack bites at all! To me they were like cardboard and no way to dress them up...I've tried to choke'em down, but YUK! Even the BBQ ones are nasty to me! (funny how our tastes differ huh!) I hope you find a way to make it work for ya!!

Meg - a cruise!!??!! I'd LOVE a cruise! There is NO way I can get hubby to do one though - I've tried and he won't budge on it! So I decided I'll have to take one w/ my Mom...we'll do a cropping (scrapbooking) cruise in a couple years (got to get that extra week of vacation awarded to be able to work it in!)...Soo.....where ya goin? I'd LOVE to cruise to Alaska or even a mediterranian cruise - but w/ my Mom, it'll have to be a tropical location
Old 01-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #240  
WonderSlim WannaBe

Kristikins - I have no clue what they do EXACTLY in "customs". I guess just make sure there is nothing in the box that can make bombs or anything to do with weapons.

Gotta make sure there are no parts to make the 'ATOMIC BOMB'....LMAO

ooooooo a cruise! I want to do one of those. $$ is always the issue though plus with my job I am just a casual so I have to request the time off and in prime season (summer, long weekends, holidays) good bloody luck!
Closed Thread