Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #316  
WonderSlim WannaBe

S/C/G: 266/270/150 (eek I gained)

Height: 5'4

Afternoon All,

I tried the Vege Joe for lunch today and I found it oh so yummy. I was skeptical at first but it is good, just a little on the sweet side but I am fine with that since I have an issue with needing things sweet right now. I add less than 1/4 cup of light shredded cheese and put it on a slice of 12 grain bread. Quite filling. I just had the shake that I was going to have with it (15min later). Will probably snack on a bar later and the a shake. Then my lean and green and choc cake for dessert when I get home.

Has anyone tried the Pro To Go Drinks? I just think it would be easier for me for the days I am on the go. I am a Community Health Worker (Care Aide) and I am constantly driving around. I am very rarely at home for lunch or dinner and plus I think it would help if I get a last minute added shift and can't get home to get my afternoon foods
Old 01-18-2011, 05:56 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 245/229.8/140

Height: 5ft 5in

So today for lunch, for no reason at all I decided to have Subway. Granted I got a 6in turkey on wheat/all veggies-no olives, plus mustard, but why? I dunno. Some people in the office sent the runner to pick up sandwiches, asked me if I wanted one and I said yes. I had a perfectly good veg. Joe and oatmeal raisin bar in my desk, but I didn't have that. It always starts like this - one little change and I give up. I almost feel like I should have someone hold me back shouting NO. No big macs. No subway at lunch. No Taco Bell. I can't beleive how bad I feel about a sandwich. Not having a great day. And to top it off, the sandwich tasted off- not very tasty and certainly not worth the grief.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #318  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCamper View Post
So today for lunch, for no reason at all I decided to have Subway. Granted I got a 6in turkey on wheat/all veggies-no olives, plus mustard, but why? I dunno. Some people in the office sent the runner to pick up sandwiches, asked me if I wanted one and I said yes. I had a perfectly good veg. Joe and oatmeal raisin bar in my desk, but I didn't have that. It always starts like this - one little change and I give up. I almost feel like I should have someone hold me back shouting NO. No big macs. No subway at lunch. No Taco Bell. I can't beleive how bad I feel about a sandwich. Not having a great day. And to top it off, the sandwich tasted off- not very tasty and certainly not worth the grief.
I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, but don't give up. I know last week I gave in more then I should with Starbucks & such (I really wanted a starbucks before work today really bad, but I think mostly out of habit.) Personally, I would either consider a Subway part of my lean & green, make sure my calories of the day were ok and continue with the meal plan for the rest of the day, like having the veg joe for dinner instead of lunch?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #319  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Camper - I'm w/ Bling...Subway is not EVEN in the same category as a Big Mac! Lean and Green: Turkey, veggies and wheat bread...w/ Mustard to boot...yep - I think you did ok with that one! I had a hankerin for Subway last week and Friday hubs took me by there for dinner...OMG it was SOOOO good...I didn't do as good as you - I love the Sweet onion chicken on honey oat bread w/ spinach, tomatoes, lite mayo and sweet onion sauce...HEAVEN!!! But I chose that instead of our usual Friday Pizza dinner!

Got a doctor appt today - an hour away from my town...but I will throw in a couple fun stops along the way (hobby lobby and Michaels), so at least there'll be some good to my day!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #320  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm Baaaaack. And I have a new frame of mind. When I first started WS, I was doing soooo well and I wondered how anyone could fall off the wagon. Well, now I know.

DH has been down and out since Friday when he had surgery to remove a kidney stone. I have been his nurse and we're hoping that when the dr. removes the stent today that things will go back to normal. At any rate, I've been holed up in the office, watching TV, surfing the 'net and EATING junk. And I realized that there is nothing in the house that I HAVE TO HAVE.

So there!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #321  
WonderSlim WannaBe

Morning,

I have 2 questions. I never used to eat breakfast and since I recieved my package I have been making myself have breakfast when I get up with my son at 7:30am. I usually work until 10pm so I have a long day and I find having breakfast first thing in the morning that I get hungry more often. I thought we are supposed to feel full after eating as we eat every 2 - 3hrs but sometimes I feel hungry after 1 - 2hrs. And then I tend to mess up my plan a little because I'm trying to make sure I have enough WS to do me all day. My question is......can I have an extra supplement until my body settles down or until I get an appetite suppressant? I really don't want to be sabotaging my plan on a daily basis. Given I am trying for healthier options but they are starches and that doesn't help. I feel it is hunger and not thirst as my tummy grumbles like it does when I need food. I know I need to get more water in my new lifestyle but that is coming gradually as I never used to be a water drinker. I drink 1-2 500ml bottles (so 2 - 4 cups worth of water). My other question is has anyone experienced headaches after starting this plan as since I started I have had headaches on a daily basis. Is it the plan or just me?
Old 01-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #322  
Calorie Cutting Queen

WELCOME BACK Meg!!! So glad to see you and to hear of your renewed dedication!! Sorry to hear about your hubs..Kidney stones - YUK!! I think we discussed that a month or so ago when my son had one, luckily he passed it on his own (after a VERY expensive trip to the ER!)..and my hubs has them every few years. Those are very painful, especially for those wimpy men!

Smiley - I would think it'd be ok for you to hold off on your "breakfast" until you're ready for it - especially since you work so late! I'd be starving all day if my schedule was from 7:30AM till 10PM. If you normally ate a snack or "brunch" in the late morning, I'd think it'd be ok to do that now - only have a WS supplement instead of a muffin or fast food! As for your headaches - I think they'll pass. Seems most everyone deals w/ those when beginning a plan; it's your body coming off of the drugs of your sugar overdose/carb infested meals you use to eat! Also, if you've recently cut out caffeine that'll do it too! Just hang in there as best you can and they'll subside once your body realized you WON'T give in!! Like a drug addict - our bodies are addicted to sugar/carbs/fat and when we avoid those things it really freaks us out (in more ways than one!)

Well, my doctor visit yesterday sucked! I had a uterin abalation last march and have had NO relief from hard cramps and some months have still had cycles just as heavy as before the procedure...UGH...the last few months I've been hit REALLY hard with pains in lower abdomen and BAD cramps but little bleeding (TMI - sorry); also have been having some indigestion type pains thru my chest cavity (like I'm gonna explode!) so he wants a gallbladder ultrasound to rule out stones since I've lost so much weight (said that goes hand in hand w/weight loss sometimes) AND an ultrasound on the other end to see what's going on there. I'm SOOOO dreading that!! But I want to know what's going on w/ me! I tried to get him to just take all that crap out a few years ago when I had an ovary removed, but he said he couldn't do that yet...so maybe now he can!! I just HATE the idea of another surgery. Am hoping it's something fixable w/out surgery! (not to mention that I had met my deductible last year w/ the ablation - and guess what....yep..it's a new year...new deductible to meet..UGH!!)
Old 01-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #323  
ALM
Started IP 12/01/2010

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5"

Smiley- I don't think not eating bfast right away will affect your program. I'm in a similar situation. My day starts around 8 and ends around 11pm. I have a 3 month old and the mornings are pretty hectic with getting my other kids off to school... so by the time I get to eat it's almost noon! I haven't noticed any issues with my weight loss by putting off eating in the morning. As for headaches, when I started my program I was violently ill... headaches, severe nausea for almost 7 days then I started to feel better. I totally gave up caffine and dramatically reduced my sugar so I suspect that's what caused the headaches. Also, is it possible that you may be dehydrated? Doesn't sound like you drink very much water and during wl we need extra water.

Kristikins- I've had the whole gallbladder experience myself... I would get these awful chest pains that radiated under my right arm but every time I'd go to the dr they would tell me I was having an anxiety attack and send me home!! Well, a few months later I was in severe pain and barfing my guts out.. apparently my "bad" gallbladder caused me to get pancreitis. Needless to say, my "anxiety attacks" seemed to resolve right after my gallbladder was removed... go figure!! lol... Good luck with your tests!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #324  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Smiley - I agree w/ ALM; you do need to get more water in...the Impatient Dieter doesn't like water either - she uses those sugar free kool-aid mixers in her bottles of water...it's about 5 calories or so - but if it helps you get your water in, then it's worth it! I also use them in my waters. I don't mind water, but I like to enjoy flavors!! Walmart has them in a box of 10 for about $2!

ALM - Pancreatitus is BAD stuff girl...so glad you're better now! I really don't think mine is gallbladder related since it only happens during TOM, I'm gonna guess that my doc is right - there is scar tissue not allowing the flow to flow - so as my uterus becomes enlarged with stuff that needs to evacuate and cant it pushes up on my stomach and intestines causing the horrid feelings in my chest cavity! Now...how's that for a vivid description and medical diagno-guess!!! Makes sense to me.

I've got to close down my office today. It's only temporary - thank goodness! And I get to leave as soon as I've got everything done! YAY for short days on FRIDAYS!! Monday I report to work in another branch office in my town - I spent 2 years in that ofc before coming to this one, so I'm looking forward to a few weeks with them again! I'll be there 3 or 4 weeks till my new boss guy comes in! I've packed up all sorts of stuff - my WS food/syrups/blender, my office stuff, pics etc..and will have to come back over here on Monday to get my fishes!

We have snow again..I HATE SNOW!!! And my parking lot is a solid sheet of ice - hubs had to drive me in this morning and then he had to help me to the door - I mean...solid ice..scarey!!

Yall have a groovy weekend - stay safe and warm!!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #325  
WonderSlim WannaBe

Is not that I DON'T like water its just drinking it. I'm not a person who drinks alot of fluids. Probably because I don't want to constantly go to the bathroom emptying out everything I've drank. I just bought more bottled water for my car and some crystal light so theres that. I got to refill my large water cooler bottles for home as I won't drink tap water.

Today was my first official day at the gym. I signed up yesterday and even though I'm a tad achy I feel great. Can't wait to go back. I don't like them pushing there diet plan on me that was a bit frustrating as I want to try WS longer and plus WS is alot more convient. My coach wanted me to warm up food in a 7/11 or even my clients homes which we aren't there to eat! I like the scale better than the one at home as home scale says 268 and theirs says 262. Coach also mentioned that I canNOT go on a scale until 30 days, I think is BS. I will go on the scale when I feel like it! LIke shes gonna know anyways....lol

And last type up here as ur probably sick of seeing paragraphs...LMAO
I made my first order off of LowCarbGrocery so I am excited about that. I got a few items but got 3 Davinci syrups (Cherry, Chocolate and Amaretto)YUM YUM YUM
Old 01-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #326  
ALM
Started IP 12/01/2010

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyBlueEyes78 View Post
Is not that I DON'T like water its just drinking it. I'm not a person who drinks alot of fluids. Probably because I don't want to constantly go to the bathroom emptying out everything I've drank.
Just think of all the extra exercise walking to and from the potty lol

I received my order from Lowcarbgrocery in two days!! They were super fast but I don't know if that's because I'm in Ontario and so is the company!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

I found that when I cut out starches (to minimal levels) and upped my water to 18 glasses of fluids a day, my appetite suppressed radically. Some days, I can't eat more than 800 to 1000 calories (and some daysI force myself to eat, which is insane, as I used to binge eat and was never satisfied).

Water made a decisive difference. When a weight loss challenge made me promise to drink 132 oz per day (back when I was 25 pounds heavier late last year), I noticed the difference once my body became fully hydrated. (There were 2 doctors and a dietitian figuring out the water needs based on weight and caloric intake). I developed this habit:

eating at home: drink FOUR glasses of water while preparing my mmeals. For me 4 glasses started the stomach "fullness" sensation. It helped me eat less. I had two glasses of fluids (decaf or regular coffee, decaf or regular tea, hot or iced, no sugar) with the meal. I found I could be satified with 1/5th the calories of what I used to eat.

eating out: before reading the menu, as soon as I sit down, I ask for a tall glass or two small glasse (depending on how the restaurant glasses are) of water, no ice, and ask for decaf. (I can drink oodles of that without jitters). I make sure BEFORE I TAKE A BITE, I have a minimum of 2 glasses of some fluid, ideally 4. Then I allow myself to eat.

This has worked for me since October and I've dropped more weight than I ever have.

My cholesterol is now normal. My blood pressure meds are now halved and almost removed. And my energy is insane. And my sex drive went on overdrive.

WonderSlim, if done properly, is low carb. This means it lowers your appetite, but you increase your protein. WATER I S ESSENTIAL or you can screw up your kidneys.

If you are not a water drinker, you need to start. Get in the habit.

Figure out what you need according to your weight--and trust me, it's more then 8 glasses a day. The heavier you are, the more you are adding protein, the more you'll need. Start doing some research online or consult a pro....but to be properly hydrated while dieting, it's gonna seem like a boatload of water. You may pee every 25 mins to start (I did, so much that I was getting a vulva irritation), but eventually you start to crave water, you'll wake up thirsty, even, and your skin even looks better. I'm about to turn 51, and I"m seeing some of m y wrinkles DIMINISH after all this water. It's crazy, but there you go.

So, stop saying you dont' like or can't drink. Tell yourself it's for your health and to lose MORE WEIGHT. Yes, you can drink water. It's just a matter of starting. You just glug down about 11 gulps per cup (more or less). That's doable. Get a glass that can hold 2 cups' worth comfortably and tally as you drink each (there's 2, there's 4, there's 6, etc). Count non-caffeinated beverages.

Unless you have issues (medical) that mean you must curtail fluids (like some edemas or CHF, and you should always check with a doc before making big dietary changes, like WONDERSLIM ), drink the water.

And if you are doing WonderSlim (and not just using the products as adjuncts, as I have and do occasionally now) you cannot cheat with starches. It defeats the diet.

WonderSlim is really like a less soy intense pseudo-MediFast. If you add starches (bread, pasta, rice, cake, cookies, pretzels, etc), you totally screw up the process that WS and MF are trying to get to : decreasing your appetite, getting you into a fat-burning mode.

Starches halt /slow the fat-burning mode and you can go back into fat-storage/high appetite (see WHY WE GET FAT by Gary Taubes for an explanation) for many folks especially the insulin resistant (and the morbidly obese often classify here).

So, if you are hungry, drink water, increase non-caffeinated fluids, and don't cheat with starches. If you must cheat, cheat with salad and protein or veggies and protein (an egg with some green beans, an egg white omelette, some turkey in a lettuce wrap, some berries and nuts).

Best of luck, guys.

Last edited by Mirtika; 01-24-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #328  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

Kristikins, so sorry about the pain and uterine mess. I hope the docs can get a briliant clue about how to deal with it once and for all. I almost had an ablation some years ago when I was having 21 days of bleeding and cramping a month. Thank God they resolved, cause I was going nuts with having to set down towels everywhere I sat, bleeding like someone stabbed me, despite horse-sized tampons and sanitary maxi-napkins. What a pain!

Be well, all....
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #329  

Height: 5'7"

Mirtika- I totally agree with the whole water drinking. You have to do it. The whole body relies on water. And I think that is one reason why WS has so much dang sodium- to make you thirsty to get you to drink water. I think since I've started WS I have been drinking an average of 4 32oz nalgene bottles of water a day. Yesterday I only had 2 and I really did feel more hungry then normal. I have not seen any difference in my wrinkles from all this water but one can hope lol.

I also read that book "why we get fat" last week. That is a total eye opener. I think carbs is the reason why I just couldn't lose weight. And if you want to cheat, cheat with meat & low carb veggies, is a smart idea.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:08 AM   #330  
99 lbs. Gone!

Ugh!!! The hotcakes mix is the only Wonderslim product I'll order again.
Closed Thread