Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 221.8/178.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Well this morning's weigh in was good. After gliding on he Gazelle for 20 min's last night, I am exactly where I was yesterday morning. So I guess the burrito didn't doom me but it sure made me feel like crud all day yesterday. Argh. I think it was just too big. But I am glad I didn't pack on pounds.

I have always been thin and after my daughter was born 7 years ago, I was thin until I stopped breast feeding her at 1.. then I just blew up! 76 lbs! I guess I just don't know how to handle this immense weight gain and now that it's coming off I am getting really freaked out about it coming back. LOL I really should try not to be so anal about it I guess.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:55 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/145 HW: 232

Height: 5' 9"

Default started today

Hi Y'all,
was on jenny craig for two weeks and lost a few lbs. Decided I can't afford it though. I bought a 2 week starter kit from WS to see what was up. I did my first day today and I am STARVING! How do you get through this?

Also, I was looking through the diet direct catalogue they sent with the kit and the boxes of food are so expensive!
Ten bucks for 7 protein bars? 10 bucks for 7 powdered soups? I feel like I could get all this cheaper shopping a grocery store and using those protein bars and other parts of the program with comparable calorie counts. Do you guys pay these prices or just use the starter kits?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #123  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Esilva - Don't fret over a cheat day here and there; it can slow your loss down, but I doubt there's ever been someone who died from a cheat day!! I still have your book here - am going to PO at lunch today - last week was sooo stinkin busy...concert on Thurs night (1.5 hours away), then on Friday we took our son to tour a school in Georgia (1.5 hours the other direction from our house); Sat was a trip to the local craft fair (way cool stuff I might add) and then to my in-laws for dinner (45 mins away) and then yesterday after church we had lunch at my sisters (for my bday on Tuesday) then we dashed off for Nashville (1.5 hours away again) to see the Blue Man Group...they were great and if any of you ever get a chance to see them I say - definitley do so!! Finally today I can get back to somewhat of a normal day! So yep - will be sending your book today and will let you know what postage is...

Dingo - welcome to our group! I usually just buy the kit (you get bulk discounts that way) and every Monday they post "Sale" items - that's a good time to stock up on your favorites! Really if you divide the cost out by the number of servings - it's only $1.43 per meal/supplement/snack - so not too bad if you look at it that way. Having said that - the more you buy the better discount you get as far as the kits go..I usually get the 12 wk kit (well, the 2 times I've orderd I have) - cause then it averages out to be a lot less than $9.99 a box! Hope that helps!!

Anyone going shopping on Friday?? What are the best deals you've seen or the items your looking for?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #124  

Kristikins thank you SO much! I will pay pal ya!

Dingo- I didn't buy the starter kit because you can't pick the foods you want in it and I don't usually eat deserts and such so I ordered a months worth (or 28 days actually) of items that I wanted.. and I only paid 189 with free shipping.

189.00 for 28 days worth of food really is not very much. And then what I did was once I ordered the 1 month, two weeks later, I then ordered 2 weeks worth. I did this so I would always have a supply. Fedex takes just about 7 days to arrive. And so now I just order every 2 weeks so I can pay it over 2 pay periods and not all at once. And I always have a supply just in case. But it's not very expensive when you average it out. For me it came out to around 7.00 /day to eat.

And are you drinking a lot of water? Water will fill you up and make you feel not so hungry. I average about 80 oz's a day. And it works. At 29 days I lost 13 lbs. And don't forget you can add things like fruit and some starches. I actually do have a small amt of potatoes with my eggs sometimes. Or with my dinner or rice and also fruit. Love my daily fruit

Good luck!

Last edited by esilva1; 11-22-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #125  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Good morning all!! Anyone have a boat I can borrow?? It's raining cats and dogs here this morning - UGH what a miserable drive to work!! Anyways; even though I'm still in the ofc by myself I am putting up the Xmas decorations today - began with assembling the tree late yesterday afternoon - so today I'll be finishing that junk up...almost decided to not go all out on the decor since I'm here alone - but being a business I just hate to not have a tree up....

Today is my birthday...I'm 38...hard to believe in 2 years I'll be hitting 40 and if I'm not mistaken my 40th will land smack dab on Black Friday!!! I know what I'll be doing that day!

Hubs is coming to have lunch w/ me today and we have church tonight instead of tomorrow night due to all the cooking/travelling/preparing for Turkey day...

I ordered some of those Capella flavor drops and the sweetner too; can't wait till they get here so I can give'em a whirl...I'll let yall know what I think about them! I need a cheaper/smaller alternative to those Torani syrups - so I'm hoping these will do the trick! I have those dang bottles everywhere!

Gotta get busy on that tree - later gaters!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Happy Birthday Kristi!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #127  

Did everyone survive turkey day!? I stuffed myself silly literally and thankfully only gained a few ounces not even a full pound.

Found aa caffeine free diet pepsi. 0 calories, carbs and sugar that actually tastes really good and I am a pepsi snob. Yummm. Nice for those moments when I want a soda. And low sodium too! Yay!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday!!
Erin
Old 11-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #128  
Calorie Cutting Queen

It's been quiet here for a few days - guess everyone is still enjoying the Thanksgiving bounty! We had a great few days! I think I did ok with my eating - will use a weigh in on Monday this time since I was black friday shopping yesterday and was snacking on sausage balls for some quick energy and then had breakfast at Mimi's Cafe - pumpkin pancakes - YUM!

Oh I got my Capella's flavor drops in yesterday. Tried the French Toast one in a choc shake last night - pretty good (I added the sweetener too); had that after I finished my Mimi's left overs for dinner! Then just now had the fudge brownie and sweetener in my Mocha shake...again..pretty tasty! I got several of the flavors so I'll be letting yall know how they are as I try them. Am thinking of doing only WS today to get me back on track from the last few days; so it's possible I'll try all the flavors today! They are certainly a lot easier to tote around and store than those Torani syrups!

Got more laundry to do ...gotta hit it! Later Gaters!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by esilva1 View Post
I didn't buy the starter kit because you can't pick the foods you want in it
I guess I missed something, at Diet Direct with the starter kits I thought we could chat live, call them, or email them to tell them what substitutions we wanted in the starter kits? I thought thats how you guys got exactly what you wanted? So far I have not ordered a kit from WS/DD b/c NL keeps sending me coupons so I buy the kits from them and they have an order form to order what you want, and then I order the extra things from WS that NL does not have. I stock up during the sales too.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #130  

I am sorry I am late!

Happy Birthday Kristi!!!

I survived turkey day. I had planned on taking my pudding/shakes that were premade and a lean cusine turkey meal. Then, I just decided to scratch that. I hate a late start to my day, had WS breakfast, then a pudding right before I left. I literally had two bites of everything, shared a piece of pie, had a half piece of the homemade bread I made, and taste of this or that. I did not stuff myself and I felt good that I was able to have a taste and I really took my time to enjoy it and enjoy the company. So, to me I feel like this was a good non-scale victory.

However, we have been eating out a lot as of late due to traveling and being away from home. I have been afraid to step on the scale, so today I am re-comitting and getting my rear back in gear. I am home alone today so I do not have to worry about cooking for anyone but me. So, I am going to do program food all day.

Funny thing is, as much as I like eating out for the fun and social aspect, once being on program for so long and going to eat something maybe not so good, it really made me feel yucky. Not mentally, but physically I just did not feel good. Maybe that in itself was a victory for me mentally, so now I know just what that stuff is doing to my body and I need to stick to salads, baked, broiled, grilled things.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post

Oh I got my Capella's flavor drops in yesterday. Tried the French Toast one in a choc shake last night - pretty good (I added the sweetener too); had that after I finished my Mimi's left overs for dinner! Then just now had the fudge brownie and sweetener in my Mocha shake...again..pretty tasty! I got several of the flavors so I'll be letting yall know how they are as I try them. Am thinking of doing only WS today to get me back on track from the last few days; so it's possible I'll try all the flavors today! They are certainly a lot easier to tote around and store than those Torani syrups!

Got more laundry to do ...gotta hit it! Later Gaters!

I am so glad you liked them. I was waiting for you to let us know how they were. I did get some sugar free caramel flavor from Dollar General, but I just can't seem to get it to taste like caramel! Thankfully, it was only $1. LOL. They had Vanilla too.

I am going to order some of these drops today. A Christmas gift to myself. It always helps to have something different for my water, coffee, tea and to mix up these pudding/shakes a bit.

I was tickled when I saw one that was pop flavor! I was thinking of trying that and then the mini kit. I had another few, oh yes, Irish Cream because my sugar free creamer still has 30 cals for my coffee!

I am also doing all program food today! Aside from some salad and going to try the honey mustard dressing I got from Diet Direct.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:54 PM   #132  
Calorie Cutting Queen

thanks for the bday wishes!! You are right - you can change the kit order around anyway you like - provided you stick with the same category - for instance - I don't (well didn't) do the WS desserts, but when i ordered I could make the desserts any dessert I wanted, but had to order desserts - couldn't be more entree's or shakes or bars...make sense? They are always SUPER helpful and very nice - even when I tweak the 12 week kit until it no longer resembles a variety kit! Hey, I like what I like!!

As for the Capella drops - so far I've been very pleased with them - I ordered: the mini kit (and got 1 of each), also got the sweetener (it's pretty good) - i use 4 or 5 drops in my shakes (I like'em sweet!) and French Vanilla (YUM) and Pralines & Cream (will try that in a few mins)...so far the Choc fudge brownie, french toast and vanilla custard are good too! Haven't tried the cina danish swirl, caramel or coconut yet...I have found that so far my shakes need 3-5 drops of flavor and as I said 4 or 5 of the sweet. I will be ordering more for sure, there are so many more flavors I wanna try!

You will LOVE the honey mustard from DD...it's SO yummy! I keep some in my purse most of the time - and love it on chicken or as a dip for...fries...I bought several boxes when it was on sale so I'm stocked and ready!

I did pretty good yesterday - and ok today (not great)..but have a nice new journal to log my food in - so will begin that tomorrow!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Getting on the scale this morning was not happy time.

Oh well, back on the wagon today, plan on eating bare bones this week and kicking up the exercise to get the 6 !!!! pounds the scale says I gained since Wednesday off.

I got EA Sports Active 2 for Wii on Saturday, I did the intro 15 minute workout that evening. WOW, I am STILL sore in the front of my thighs.

On a different note, I can't imagine adding sweetener to the shakes, they are already much too sweet for me!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #134  

Into week 6 now and I am down 15.5 lbs! Yay...I was teetering for about a week but remarkably yesterday I dropped 2.2 lbs eating mostly regular (but healthy) foods! I didn't eat anything WS but 1 shake and a pasta.
I ate cottage cheese for breakfast
pasta and a huge ceasar salad for lunch
an apple
and then a portabello mushroom/swiss patty on a bed of lettuce with pickles and a small handfull of fries (baked in the oven) for dinner.
And somehow I lost 2 lbs. So yay!! LOL
I must have been doing something ok.

I am off to go take my college placement exams. UH...yeah 22 years out of HS and I can't remember ANYTHING math. I am hosed I think.
Oh well we'll see!

Have a wonderful day and keep on plugging away!!
Erin
Old 11-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #135  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Erin - How wonderful that you are going back to school...I think I'd have a hard time with that myself! Will be celebrating my 20th HS reunion next year - so I can feel your pain! As for math..it has to make sense to me - adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing I'm good at and sometimes even fractions unless they are rediculous fractions - but it's the word problems and algebra that totally screw with me! I have to know why something is this way or that way; with algebra it just is what it is and therefore makes NO sense to me whatsoever!

Yesterday was good for me - except I went over my calories (yep - logged it all in!)...went over by 500 (YIKES) but the scale was down this morning anyways (I'm sure its water). Today is a good day for me (so far), I SO wanna hit 50 pounds soon and I'm only 3.5 pounds from that...UGH...

Hope you all have a great day - it's rainy and cold here (but the rain sure beats the heck out of snow - do I hear any Amen's??)...
Closed Thread