3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #301
ALM
Started IP 12/01/2010

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5"

Hi there, I don't actually do the WS diet but I do purchase the products to keep costs down for the program that I'm on (Ideal Protein). I noticed that some people were looking for the DaVinci flavourings:

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...?cPath=132_267

This is also a Candian site so no worries with Customs.

Valentine's Day Challenge:
Spring Challenge

One for every 5lbs gone

WI#1 11.5 WI#2 3 WI#3 6 WI#4 5 WI#5 1 WI#6 2.5 WI#7 4 WI#8 3.5 WI#9 2 WI#10 2 WI#11 1 WI# 12&13 3.5 WI#14 3
Old 01-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #302
WonderSlim WannaBe

S/C/G: 266/270/150 (eek I gained)

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALM View Post
Hi there, I don't actually do the WS diet but I do purchase the products to keep costs down for the program that I'm on (Ideal Protein). I noticed that some people were looking for the DaVinci flavourings:

http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...?cPath=132_267

This is also a Candian site so no worries with Customs.
Thanx ALM, Not many that are in Canada. WS took 1 week in customs alone so it would be nice to find the flavorings and other low carb items that can be purchased in Canada. Today is my first day on WS.

243 goal (10% lost) = Day at the spa (facial, pedicure, massage)

Onederland Goal = Caribbean Cruise
Old 01-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #303

S/C/G: 245/229.8/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingfiend View Post
So, I have been on WS for a few days, with a few cheats (Starbucks, a couple extra Babybel lights, half and half and sugar in my morning coffee) but always staying under 1300 calories when I track- which is good! I was having a really hard time the last few months keeping under 1500 calories when I ate regular food. The BF doesn't like all this processed "frankenfood" but he loses weight so easily and looks like George Clooney. So, anyways, the point of this post is that I have thought all of the WS meals I have tried were ok. They were not too bad and pretty easy to make, and I am open and very excited to trying the rest of the ones that I have not tried yet. But the only thing that I just did not like was the veggie omelet thing. I had that this morning and ew! I am so unhappy with that! I would rather have a regular egg or some egg beaters or something. Ew! I don't know how to doctor it up enough to choke down the rest of the box? I put it on a piece of toast with some salsa, but I don't know if I can do that for the rest. Any other ideas?
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Bling- I agree with you. The egg omelete is not the greatest. I didn't like them either. I put salsa on mine too and it didn't seem to help. I just had to send them back. I figured there are other things I like and why should I suffer something I didn't. If I tried to finish the box I know I would have cheated. I figure WS is such a good plan, why go for things I dislike. If you don't like them either, DD is very good with returns- at least for me.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #304

S/C/G: 245/229.8/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Smiley- congrats on day one. You are gonna do great.

So, this weekend was terrible for me staying on plan. I had several celebrations and did the best I could, but... I had some cake, I had some spaghetti with meatballs, I had a couple cocktails. grrr. On the bright side, that was just one meal. The rest of the time I was right on plan. And, with that dinner I did have a good size salad. We'll see what the scale says.

Also a good thing, I went shopping and bought a pair of jeans one size smaller. They are a little snug, but not so bad that I squish out the top. What a great feeling to get something new.

Hope everyone's weekend went well.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #305
ALM
Started IP 12/01/2010

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyBlueEyes78 View Post
Thanx ALM, Not many that are in Canada. WS took 1 week in customs alone so it would be nice to find the flavorings and other low carb items that can be purchased in Canada. Today is my first day on WS.

The first time I ordered it was stuck in customs for two weeks alone... then I ordered right before xmas and it was only there for a few days!! Go Figure lol... I thought I was going to have to wait till the new year!!

Valentine's Day Challenge:
Spring Challenge

One for every 5lbs gone

WI#1 11.5 WI#2 3 WI#3 6 WI#4 5 WI#5 1 WI#6 2.5 WI#7 4 WI#8 3.5 WI#9 2 WI#10 2 WI#11 1 WI# 12&13 3.5 WI#14 3
Old 01-17-2011, 01:49 AM   #306
WonderSlim WannaBe

Well first day of WS is done.....I must admit it was only a little hard on the first day but I did give in to temptation. I had a donut tonight.....
Otherwise I did good tho and tomorrow is a new day and I will NOT give into temptation.

I have a question with the shakes/puddings, how on earth do you get them thick enough to become a pudding. I used 3/4 cup ice cold water and shook it like crazy and it still was not thick. The smoothie went thicker than the shake. Vanilla not too bad but think I will get flavorings to add to it. Loved the chocomint and tried the Peanut Crisp Bar, not too bad. I also tried the free sample of the Bariwise Rocky Road yesterday and I have to say YUCK! Bitter taste, can't taste the flavor, but glad I got it as a sample because now I won't order an actual box.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:13 AM   #307

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyBlueEyes78 View Post
Well first day of WS is done.....I must admit it was only a little hard on the first day but I did give in to temptation. I had a donut tonight.....
Otherwise I did good tho and tomorrow is a new day and I will NOT give into temptation.

I have a question with the shakes/puddings, how on earth do you get them thick enough to become a pudding. I used 3/4 cup ice cold water and shook it like crazy and it still was not thick. The smoothie went thicker than the shake. Vanilla not too bad but think I will get flavorings to add to it. Loved the chocomint and tried the Peanut Crisp Bar, not too bad. I also tried the free sample of the Bariwise Rocky Road yesterday and I have to say YUCK! Bitter taste, can't taste the flavor, but glad I got it as a sample because now I won't order an actual box.
I have only had 2 puddings this week and made them with tap water and put in a small bowl with a lid, threw them in the fridge for later. They set up pretty thick. They tasted fine but I think I actually prefer the meals as the shakes personally. I really like the cocomint too!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #308
WonderSlim WannaBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingfiend View Post
I have only had 2 puddings this week and made them with tap water and put in a small bowl with a lid, threw them in the fridge for later. They set up pretty thick. They tasted fine but I think I actually prefer the meals as the shakes personally. I really like the cocomint too!
Thanx Bling, I will try that for my after lunch snack and see how it goes.....

Old 01-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #309
WonderSlim WannaBe

Morning all,

So I tried the apple cinnamon oatmeal this am and thought that it would taste gross so I added some cinnamon and 1 tsp of sugar as I don't have any splenda. Thought I did but couldn't find it. It isn't so bad. So maybe the next time I will try it without adding any type of sugar.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #310
WonderSlim WannaBe

Now I feel like an idiot....LOL
In regards to me wondering how to thicken the shake to make it a pudding, all I have to say is DUH!!
Would be wise to read the directions and realize that it does take less water....lol

Old 01-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #311

S/C/G: 234/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

stupid water weight. did meal replacements only for 5 days, barely any "Real" food just to jump start things again, lost 4.4 lbs between Monday morning and Saturday morning, ate normally Saturday and Sunday, and scale is up 2.4lbs for a 2.0 pound net loss this week. Blah. water weight sucks.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #312

Default Dukan Diet. Miracle Diet?

Hye Guys,

I'm a french student (sorry for my english ) and I really want to find a solution for my weight problems. I've heard about the Dukan diet, did anybody get results with this plan. It looks easy but is it healthy? Thanks for your answers.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #313
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Good morning all! Had the day off yesterday so I totally enjoyed being at HOME!!

Laurums - Only having 15 pounds to loose and jumping on that NOW is the BEST thing you could ever do! Don't wait till you're totally out of hand with 50+ to loose! I don't see any reason why WS wouldn't help you get those 15 off - maybe just do the shakes throughout the day with a couple low cal meals and I'd guess your 15 could be gone in just a few weeks! Good luck to you - and PLEASE be sure to come in here and chat w/ us from time to time!

Bling - I've heard so much bad about the egg dishes that I haven't even attempted them - refuse to order them! Camper is right though - DD is GREAT for returns! You can only have 1 packet missing from the box and you have to send it back w/in 30 days!

ALM - Thanks for posting the DaVinci flavored syrup site for the Canadians in our bunch! I notice the prices are quite expensive from there - but maybe that'll help equal out, since shipping across Canada hopefully isn't as much as from US to Canada!

Smiley - the oatmeal is do-able for sure, if you add some stuff to it! I like the Parkay spray butter (zero cals) and splenda! I also like to reduce the water by a smidge and add the s/f syrups! (yes - I'm totally addicted to putting the syrups in EVERYTHING!)

Bocy - Welcome! Not sure about a "Dukan diet" - we are doing Wonder Slim. It's shakes, meal replacements and bars. You can order from Diet Direct .com. The WS plan really has helped me get my portions in check as well as my calories and has helped me to loose almost 50 pounds! I've been pretty slack about my plan lately, as I'm the only one in the office since Sept and it's SO easy to munch all day! Next week I will be going to another office until my new boss arrives; so it'll be WAY easier for me to get back on plan and stay there! With WS you get 1200-1500 calories a day- in that there are 3 shakes, 1 bar, 1 breakfast, 1 lunch entree and then your own lean & green meal. As you've probably read in earlier posts - I doctor the shakes with the sugar free DaVinci or Torani flavored syrups. They are meant for coffee's but make the shakes delicious! I hope I've helped you in your quest to find answers. Please ask anything, anytime!

Yall have a good day! It's raining here...but I'll take it over the white stuff anyday!!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #314

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

Just came to wish a Happy New Year to the WonderSlimmers.

I still have so much of my WS food left, but I am only having it little by little. I'd doing a more clean eating plan now that I worked out with a dietitian, but I asked her if I could keep using the shakes and hot cakes (my fave items from WS), and she was fine having me occasionally incorporate them.

For me, it was just wanting to move into more natural, less processed frankenfoods. But I love those hotcakes with sugar free syrup and fruit. The dietitian said just add Greek yogurt on the side and have the fruit and it's fine.

It'll take me all year to get through the boxes and boxes of the meals and shakes and cereal and oatmeal, and I might just give or throw away the snacks (the Taco Puffs, bars) cause thsoe weren't my faves, anyway.

I can see myself always having the hot cakes for years to come and enjoying a shake now and then as a snack. Vanilla and chocolate and cocomint remain my faves.

Oh, and I bought the DaVinci syrups to punch up the puddings. I add English Toffee to the similar named pudding to pump up the flavor. I add coconut to the chocolate for a German Chocolate vibe. You can add cherry to the chocolate, too, fo ra Black Forest vibe.

Anyway, I hope you all reach your goal weights this year. Be well, be slim. Later...

Old 01-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #315

Height: 5'7"

Well, Friday I weighted myself when I checked in with my exercise coach and I was 182. Today, a week and a day after starting WS (including this 3 day weekend with a dinner out with extended family where lean and green was not an option) I am at 183. Which is ok. My pants actually fit a bit better. They were getting a little hard to button the last few weeks! So I am ok with only 3 pounds. I have noticed that I just am ok with a 100 calorie meal and I just can not gorge myself on regular food. I feel really full if I eat too much. I even have to split my breakfast into 2 meals because I feel too uncomfortable if I eat a hot cakes and shake at the same time.

I guess I will ship the gross eggs back and switch to something else.

And the DaVincis syrups sounds like a good idea!
Closed Thread