Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #226  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Lisa - you crack me up...about the little chippy wanting to get her claws in your fella...I have those thoughts from time to time too - even tho hubby tells me all the time that I'm nuts for thinking it (we've been married for 13 years!), but I think it does help to keep me focused on the task at hand!! I love the mental b** slap...we ALL need that sometimes!! Congrats on rededicating to the plan! It's all good!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I always have this one woman in mind when I need to tell myself that I cannot take his love and devotion for granted! Even though I KNOW he would never go for this woman, it still helps to keep me in line! lol, a little healthy jealousy is good for relationships I have read...
This woman was crazy about my fiance. I mean she tried HARD! making him cd's, random reasons to go to his apartment that he shared with a few other guys, just anything to get close to him. This was right before he and I started dating and a bit during.
This girl is a tramp! I am not saying it out of spite, I mean she is a straight up hussy! She was dating one of my fiance's friends for about 4 years and cheated on him with THREE of his friends. Some friends! This girl is the community door knob, every has had a turn (lol, always loved that one!)... or another fave: more miles on her than Route 80!.
Anyway... She's thin, nice body and knows it. Flaunts it to the point of indecent. Like a black, off the shoulder mini dress to a friends fathers funeral. These are the reasons I know Dustin would never go for it, but here is the kicker... this woman thinks she is so much better than me purely due to weight!

She actually pulled my fiance aside once, about a month into his dating me and said: "you know she doesn't hold a candle to me", while gyrating her hips into his side and generally making a fool of herself whilst trying to seduce my man!
So this is what I think of sometimes when I need motivation... I already know that size doesn't matter to my man and what I possess inside is why he chose me, but that doesn't mean I am without fault.. spitefullness being one of them! I want to saunter past that woman (who has now started dating a new friend in our group.. funny how she keeps finding her way in) and know that she doesn't hold a candle to ME! Because deep down, I am a good person, and now I will just have the package to go with it.

Sorry about the crazy chick-rant, but we have had that superficial reason at one time or another!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

OMG Lisa...we are twins in MORE ways than one!

You have me bustin' up over here! We talk the same, too. Ha! PS...love the doorknob reference...has always been one of my favs...along with town hussy..not me of course

Also...I'm on week 2 of the first week of the C25k, lol...mostly because I get REALLY bad shin splints and I want to really ease myself into the whole running thing. We have OODLES of 5ks around here. I pretty much figured if those folks on Biggest Loser can run a marathon, I have ABSOLUTELY NO excuse not to be running a 5k. I always tell people, my body wasn't built to be a runner...duh, whose was!?! For real?! Wonder what other excuses I can come up with....

K...now I"m movtivated to go running after work today
Old 06-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #229  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Ewwwwwww, I guess women don't realize SKANK is not pretty in any shape or size lol..... Not everyone wants gonnahyposyphoaids lol.

I am only a good enabler. Shopping is good for the soul :P I am *def. not* looking at a gowear fit online >.>

<.< lol
Old 06-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #230  

Height: 5'6

I was thinking about starting the C25K there are also a lot around where I am at. I was researching it today. I'm a little nervous about it but I think I will try it. I am used to the elliptical and can do 2 miles continuous on that, but it is far different than solid ground.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #231  

Hi ladies, just checking in today....on my second day and again cheated. I did weigh in @ 175 this morning so 2 lbs down in a day...I'm thinking I should stick to a date and only weigh weekly though because I'm sure tomorrow morning will show me something I don't want to see. It's so hard w/the kids out of school...made them some popcorn and literally only had 1/2 a handful and one piece of beef jerky..my Mother sent me garbanzo beans in soup form and I had a bowl of that so I'm hoping to hold out on anything else for the night.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #232  

Height: 5'4.5

Woo. Made it through another day :P I can totally see why I can never stick to a diet- there's food everywhere! If I can't resist the temptation of all the fast food places while I drive, then I have to smell all the food heated up in my office, and then my office mate and other friends asking me if I want to go out to eat, or then when I go fill up my water bottle in the break room there's brownies on the counter or other snackable/sneakable foods. Gah. But I totally kept in mind the whole instant gratification versus getting to shop in average sized stores or getting under 200 for the first time since...wait, was I ever under 200 lol? I just gotta keep my eye on the prize! Even though my friends are being supportive, they are so cute and always accidentally waving their deep fried french fries or fresh baked something under my nose and then freaking out cause they forgot haha. I just keep looking back and seeing all those times I did give in and just take one bite and then it was all downhill from there. I don't want to make all of this effort worth nothing as I've done so, so many times in the past. I remember this time last year I had fully committed myself to WW with friends from work and at the end of the 16 weeks I was only -2lbs are losing and gaining it back. Gah. But WW just doesn't work for me. Too much flexibility makes me feel like I'm not in control and all the effort may not pay off cause I did one thing wrong, or I didn't count my points accurately, etc. So this time, I'm throwing it all to the wind and letting wonderslim lead the way :P
Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #233  

Smile Help Please!!

I just wanted to say thank you before I started my WS program. I have been reading for the past few days and you guys are very supportive. Its so funny that you can find support from someone you don't know than someone you have known all your life. I am new to the program and I just got my order today and would like to start on Monday, I just need some advice. I did not buy the kit because I was not sure if this program would work for me so I bought a few packs of shakes. I plan on doing 5 shakes a day and dinner along with tons of water and fruits. Is this a good idea or am I doing it wrong or what? I did not receive any information with my packs like you would with the starter kit so I don't know about how much carbs I should get or fat etc. I know I am talking a lot but I want this to work. I am 25 years old and can't remember the last time I was below 200lbs. I give everyone credit on here because I haven't even started yet and you guys put a smile on my face. I finally have hope so like I said in the beginning thank you before I even start.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse2be View Post
Hi ladies, just checking in today....on my second day and again cheated. I did weigh in @ 175 this morning so 2 lbs down in a day...I'm thinking I should stick to a date and only weigh weekly though because I'm sure tomorrow morning will show me something I don't want to see. It's so hard w/the kids out of school...made them some popcorn and literally only had 1/2 a handful and one piece of beef jerky..my Mother sent me garbanzo beans in soup form and I had a bowl of that so I'm hoping to hold out on anything else for the night.
I agree with weighing only once a week if it helps you. By the way- we all have different ideas of what unplanned eating (or "cheating") is. Honestly? If you want popcorn? search for the lowest carb choice, plan to have it (Hey I have low carb ice cream bars once a week lol) and make it within your carbs (for me under 100) and calorie range. The best thing with any kind of diet is making it work for you. You have to be careful, eating carby things can send you into binge mode super fast and we all have different triggers, but I think it is SUPER important to "budget" in some of your favorite foods unless they are huge triggers- in which case find an alternative that fills that want and fits in your plan and doesn't trigger.
Beef Jerky is actually high in protein and would be great except for the sodium and nitrates.

Play around with the timing of your food- the first few days are the hardest, but you are SO worth it! Hang in there
Old 06-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #235  

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingitbaby View Post
Woo. Made it through another day :P I can totally see why I can never stick to a diet- there's food everywhere! If I can't resist the temptation of all the fast food places while I drive, then I have to smell all the food heated up in my office, and then my office mate and other friends asking me if I want to go out to eat, or then when I go fill up my water bottle in the break room there's brownies on the counter or other snackable/sneakable foods. Gah. But I totally kept in mind the whole instant gratification versus getting to shop in average sized stores or getting under 200 for the first time since...wait, was I ever under 200 lol? I just gotta keep my eye on the prize! Even though my friends are being supportive, they are so cute and always accidentally waving their deep fried french fries or fresh baked something under my nose and then freaking out cause they forgot haha. I just keep looking back and seeing all those times I did give in and just take one bite and then it was all downhill from there. I don't want to make all of this effort worth nothing as I've done so, so many times in the past. I remember this time last year I had fully committed myself to WW with friends from work and at the end of the 16 weeks I was only -2lbs are losing and gaining it back. Gah. But WW just doesn't work for me. Too much flexibility makes me feel like I'm not in control and all the effort may not pay off cause I did one thing wrong, or I didn't count my points accurately, etc. So this time, I'm throwing it all to the wind and letting wonderslim lead the way :P
Wonderful attitude! If following WS plan to a T works for you, DO IT UP girl! you so deserve to see onderland! hang in there- it can be surprising how often you are around food and you didn't realize it! Great job identifying things. Maybe you can avoid the water cool area with snacks by getting one of those 32 ounce water bottles and only have to go there once to refill?? Hang in there!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #236  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsqt View Post
I just wanted to say thank you before I started my WS program. I have been reading for the past few days and you guys are very supportive. Its so funny that you can find support from someone you don't know than someone you have known all your life. I am new to the program and I just got my order today and would like to start on Monday, I just need some advice. I did not buy the kit because I was not sure if this program would work for me so I bought a few packs of shakes. I plan on doing 5 shakes a day and dinner along with tons of water and fruits. Is this a good idea or am I doing it wrong or what? I did not receive any information with my packs like you would with the starter kit so I don't know about how much carbs I should get or fat etc. I know I am talking a lot but I want this to work. I am 25 years old and can't remember the last time I was below 200lbs. I give everyone credit on here because I haven't even started yet and you guys put a smile on my face. I finally have hope so like I said in the beginning thank you before I even start.
Heya! This plan is a low carb diet- and fruit tends to be super high in carbs, so you might do better not eating a ton of fruit, and limiting it. You can actually request the diet info via email, or have them send you the booklet with your next order- I just wrote in my 2nd order comments, could you please include wonderslim diet materials, and they sent the binder(too much effort for me to change the entire pack to things I wanted lol)

It is up in the air about how many carbs you should have. I switched to WS from Medifast and follow their guidelines of under 100g carbs (i set my daily max goal to 92), 100g protein, 64+ ounces of water, 15g fiber, fat I don't really monitor like I should but if you are on the 1,000 plan probably keeping it under 40g a day is ideal. You do not want to go low carb and low fat- this can cause gall bladder issues- make sure you are getting at least 20g of fat.

The regular plan is 5 shakes+1 bar+1 lean and green and option fruit/starch. The amount varies depending on how many calories you want to do. I am currently reading up as much as I can (and not getting too far yet) about having higher amounts of fat on a low carb diet, but it seems like it is okay as long as its not all "bad fats".

Anyways welcome and I look forward to talking to you!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsqt View Post
Welcome!! So glad you found us! Can't wait to help and support each other. Don't worry about not getting a starter kit. If you email them at dietdirect, they'll e-mail you all the stuff they send in the starter kit. And they're really quick about responding. Can't wait to hear about your progress!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:52 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

OK day two and I made it except I have to do two shakes now. I am having a hard time fitting in five shakes in the day. I ate the same lean and green to keep it simple stupid. I have not had a headache since this morning so that is much better. I think I will do 2 shakes first thing in the morning and see it that makes it easier fitting in all the shakes.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:07 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 219/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

One other thing. I thought I would tell you guys that the main reason I am wanting to lose the extra weight is that we are thinking about having another baby. I was in the hospital with my 10 year old for 2 month before having him due to preeclamsia. So, I want to give myself a better chance by starting out pregnant without all the extra. I think because I want this I will have a better chance at sticking to the diet. It seems like so much food (I am really bad about not eating until dinner) I hope it really works. I have excercised and not been able to move the scale. I am keeping my fingers crossed until I weigh in next week.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #240  

Height: 5'6

Ok. Does anyone think the fruit drinks taste funny? I tried the Lemon one and Cran-Grape which had great reviews, but there is something *off* about them. Is it just me? lol
Closed Thread