Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #181  

Height: 5'4.5

Thanks ladies. I definitely forgot my shake shaker today, so that's probably why everything didn't mix well. My evening pudding also didn't mix but I didn't mind drink it down (the toffee was yummy!). However, I found it really hard to finish the shakes today. I think I'm used to the runny consistency of my regular protein powder and the thickness (plus lumps lol) threw me off. I can definitely do this again tomorrow though! I might bring a chicken breast for lunch though. Adding in the "real food" helps me mentally :P

Has anyone ever pre-blended their shakes using the magic bullet (no ice, just water) to drink later?

*edit* top of the 13th page...does that mean good luck or bad luck haha

and i'm already having major headaches tonight after just one day. i've been carb-loading so much lately that my body is already feeling it haha.

Last edited by losingitbaby; 06-14-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #182  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Katie...13 is a very good number!! ALWAYS!! I haven't premixed shakes before for a long period of time, but I have made one and got busy and didn't drink it for several minutes...it got thicker...would have been better remixed with more ice I think!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #183  

Height: 5'4.5

Thanks Kristi

I'll try it tomorrow. I'll def add more ice and shake it back up but I think the pre-mixing with a blender will help make the texture smoother.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 PM   #184  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

I have never preblended, my guess is it would just be fairly thick?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #185  

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingitbaby View Post
Thanks Kristi

I'll try it tomorrow. I'll def add more ice and shake it back up but I think the pre-mixing with a blender will help make the texture smoother.
Katie - Let us know how it works for you.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #186  

Okay ladies what do you take on the go? I was looking at the think thin bars and they are HIGH in carbs?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #187  

I have so far compiled a list!
higher in carbs and fat would limit these but not too bad
BariWise Protein Diet Bars (7 Servings/Box)
Flavor : Caramel Nut
high in fat low in carbs
ProtiDiet Sugar Free Chocolate Dream Protein Bar (7 Servings/Box)
average:
ProtiDiet Crunchy Cereal Protein Bars (7 Servings/Box)
Flavor : Caramel
average: WonderSlim Protein Diet Milk Chocolate Crunchies (7 Servings/Box)

ideal for travel:
WonderSlim Protein Diet Pretzel Bows (1 Serving/Bag)
ProtiDiet Honey Nut Flavored Cereals (7 Servings/Box)
Isopure Plus RTD Protein Drink (8 oz. Bottle)
Oh Yeah! Protein Wafers (1.3 oz/2 Wafer Sticks)
Flavor : Vanilla Creme

probably more that is just what I came up with tonight on days I have to substitue out shakes.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:38 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

Thanks for all the "welcome backs"! I made it thru day 1...if they were all that easy!
I have lots to do today so that should make day 2 smoother. Idle time seems to be one of my biggest downfalls!
No headache yet but I had drastically cut sugar in the week before I restarted, so (knock on wood) maybe I wont get a detox headache this time around!
I am scheduled for full knee replacement on my right knee on July 15. We, (dr and I), had planned on trying to hold off on surgery for another year at least and I really wanted to be at goal before having surgery but sometimes things dont happen the way we plan. At this point, I figure whatever I can lose before surgery is just that much less I will have to haul around while I heal!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #189  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Cat - for on the go I usually pack shakes, waters and bars in my little Tupperware cooler lunch bag - now, when we head to DC in a few weeks I will really have to plan out the traveling, cause I'm looking at a 10+ car ride with lots of snackers! I like the list you've compiled, will have to be sure to order some of those chip/pretzel snacks - just so they don't melt along the way!!

BetsyAnn - So glad your 1st day went well - we all are super motivated on day 1 of anything...job, diet, vaca...so just keep pluggin along - you have a little time to get some good losses before your surgery; and you are right, the more you loose now, the less you have to drag around afterward! I'd say go ahead and get to walking as much as you can too, cause you know once you get that surgery done the doc will be making you so you'll already have your lungs conditioned for the task at hand!!

UGH...is it Friday yet???
Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #190  

Ah Thanks kat! I am really hesitant about the shakes with flying (super picky about how they are prepared lol) BUT i will be gone for like 2 weeks so I am sure sometimes I will be at someones house with a blender!

Thanks Kri. Sorry you are having one of those days
Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #191  

Height: 5'5.5"

BetsyAnn - Great job on day 1. I'm sure the weight you lose before surgery will help. Keep posting and letting us know how you are doing.

Cat - Let us know how your travel WS options work. I am going on a trip to the beach in a couple of weeks and flying to visit family in TX next months. I'll need portable WS options.

Kristikins - Sadly it is only Tue. I wish it were Friday too.

Just finished my first all liquid day yesterday. I feel great. I feel completely back on track. I really think any carbs over the minimum are bad news for me. They make me feel terrible and I always eat more and more once I start.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

ADDIEK:
I don't know if anyone has touched on this, since I have been behind on posts.. but HALF a banana IS ONE SERVING!
Fruit and serving sizes can be confusing. But technically, a half a banana is a full serving. And bananas happen to be one of the carb heaviest. My doc told me to stick to berries. More bang for calorie and card buck!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Height: 5'7"

I've been really busy so I haven't had time to catch up with everyone. I didn't have time to post my weigh in yesterday, so I'm posting it now.
After 2 weeks (didn't weigh last week due to holiday, being sick, traveling) I'm down to 165.2 lbs. That's a loss of 2.8 lbs in 2 weeks. I weighed this morning and I'm actually down another half a pound, but I'll wait until Monday for my official weigh in.
It's been hard with all the traveling and events we've had to attend that always involve food that's not on my plan, but I've been learning to work around that.
This week is getting close to TOM and I'm ravenously hungry. Hopefully I can stave off some of that hunger with an extra shake or something.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

So yesterday I was all kinds of bad. I only had like 2 shakes and had chinese for dinner and the day before I went way over my carbs too. Ugh.

Why do I do that to myself! I do so good and feel really proud and then completely blow it. Last time I did this I waited until I had lost about 20lbs. This time I did it after only 12, but the difference is, I am not going to let it continue!
I have had a heard time ever since I got back from visiting my family. My dedication has been lacking. I need a swift kick to the bum! I am sure that is exactly what I will get when I weigh in on Thursday!

On a positive note though, I have been kicking arse on my workouts! I started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (day 1 is free on comcast ondemand right now). So at least I have been putting my carbs to good use! I tried the 30 day shred once when I first started losing weight. It's nuts the difference 12lbs makes! The first time I did it I literally thought I was going to die. Like heaving breaths, sweating bullets and turning beat red. I could barely stand the next day.
This time though, it was still super hard for me, and I sweated and heaved but it was... different. I didn't feel like I was going to die, I just felt like I got a super intense workout. Sure, I walked in place sometimes if it was just too much, and I am still sore from doing it Sunday, but I have decided that I will do it every 3 days until I don't need a break anymore or walk in place, then maybe I will actually buy the DVD!

Now if I can just get that kind of seriousness back with my food! Every day is a new day! So I think it's about time for my second shake!
Old 06-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #195  

You can do it Lisa, just start tomorrow, even if its just for one day.
Something I read it was like..

Just for today I can do something that would overwhelm me if I had to do it for a lifetime!
Closed Thread