Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 175/175/120

Height: 5' 0"

See, I need to start walking again, but I need to get to the doctor because sometimes I get to the end of our street and get so winded and my heart starts hurting that I haven't walked for at least 6 months..

Today is my cheat day or Fatunday!
I was gonna do the right thing and only have eggs and bacon for breakfast, but I made potatoes, so I did have about 3/4 cup of those and the last sip of my daughters orange juice..

I decided against making chicken enchiladas because then there would be leftovers and I would be tempted.. so I decided on burgers, nice big juicey ones.. and chocolate cake and ice cream.. IF I'm not so stuff I want to throw up, I might go out for a Starbucks regular Mocha Frap. But I want to do all of this before 7 p.m. and then TRY not to eat anything after that.. I wished I had some laxitives, LOL I'm feeling bad just typing this..

My Meals Satuday 2/1/14:

Weight Before Starting the Day: 172.8

B - 2 Eggs, 4 Sausage, 1/2 Beans, Sprinkle of Cheese, Coffee with heavy cream
S - None
L - Beans and Cheese
S - None
D - Steak, Salad with Olives and Avocado and Ranch Dressing
S - 1/2 coffee with sf creamer

Water / Tea - approx 32 oz

Pamela
Old 02-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #137  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Jacqui, I plan to keep this up as I said . I did want to have a turkey spam sandwich with my low carb bread after church but I decided nope it's not time

Pamela that is how I felt yesterday. I chalked it up to not enough food in my system. That and remembering to stretch are going to be my real pit falls. Pamela you are funny, Potatoes sound soooo good French fries home fries

... the only thing I'm sure I'll have different tomorrow is a cup of coffee in the morning or I may just add it to my smoothie.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #138  

Default Homemade Bean Dip

Ok.. just made some SLOW CARB GOOD bean dip.. wanted to share the recipe.. well, you might tweak it because I didn't really measure, so this is my approximates:

2 Cans rinsed and drained white beans
1 garlic glove - Squished through one of those garlic presses
Fresh lemon juice from HALF of small lemon
1 tbsp cumin
Sprinkle (3) or so of cayenne pepper
5 pieces of Roased Red Peppers from the Jar, diced a bit
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
3 tbsp of Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil Mild Flavor (Pompeian Brand)

Process until smooth, adjust seasoning if needed.. I used my mini food processor.. worked great and tastes so good.. I'd rather eat this than the hummus from the store!

Last edited by pamela631; 02-02-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #139  
~Rennie

Default Oopsie rolls from the lighter side site

I'm looking for bread alternatives that won't temp me so I'm gonna give this a shot. Maybe this weekend

http://yourlighterside.com/2009/05/g...-oopsie-rolls/
Old 02-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #140  
~Rennie

Sounds good Pamela
Old 02-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Pamela, definitely go to the doctor before you pick up walking again. I hope your symptoms are just weight-related, and as you lose weight, those symptoms of being out of breath and your heart feeling like it's hurting will go away, but just to be on the safe side, definitely go to the doctor first. Your bean dip sounds delish!

Rennie, let us know how your oopsie rolls turn out! Today I watched an episode of Dr. Oz which had the author of Wheat Belly, Dr. William Davis, as a guest. Someone asked about an alternative to bread for making sandwiches, and although Dr. Davis gave the ingredients for a type of sandwich using a flaxseed wrap, he didn't give the recipe for the wrap (which I thought was really odd since a bread alternative was what they were asking for). Dr. Oz didn't give the flaxseed wrap recipe on his website either, but in the comments section of the website, someone posted the flaxseed wrap recipe from the Wheat Belly book:

Wheat Belly Flaxseed Wrap
Submitted by: EILISH99

Number of Servings: 1

Ingredients

3 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 large egg
1 Tbsp water

Substitution

Substitute Oil with Avocados from Mexico

Tips

You can make this savory by adding herbs such as paprika, onion powder, garlic powder; or even noncaloric sweetener & cinnamon.
You can make this in a rectangular microwave safe dish, or a round container.
I've used this sweetened lightly with sweetener & cinnamon as a pancake. Serve with SF pancake syrup.

Directions

Mix together flax and baking powder. Stir in melted coconut oil. Beat in egg and water until blended. Pour into greased microwave safe pie plate. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Gently lift an edge with a spatula, loosen from the pan. Flip the wrap over and top with desired toppings.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/wheat...-chicken-wraps

Rennie, I also found a Wheat Belly recipe for a pizza crust on Dr. Oz's website. I know you like pizza! It can be found here: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/wheat-belly-pizza-crust.

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-02-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #142  

Oh hey, Rennie, this was on Dr. Oz's website too, Wheat Belly bread: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/wheat-belly-bread. Also be sure to check out the comments section on this link. It looks like there are some good tips to the recipe from people who have tried it!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-02-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #143  
Steph

S/C/G: HW 221/ CW 176/GW 155

Height: 5'6"

Lol Jacqui- we're 2 peas in a pod! I also have an old Victorian built in 1889, 3 stories, 4 if you count the basement - which I do when I'm carrying stuff from the top floor to the basement for storage! It's not a huge house, just tall. You have me beat on the amount of trees. I have 8 or 9 but didn't get them all up this year. We were in NYC for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and it threw off my holiday decorating season.

Well, best laid plans... I ended up having some chips, soft pretzel bites in cheese sauce and some brownies and ice cream for dessert, along with the taco salad I planned and the fruit I planned for dessert. Oh my! My stomach tossed and turned all night and I'm still miserable this morning!!! I am too afraid to get on the scale today! I'll have to be really good to just break even on Wednesday's weigh-in.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #144  

Stephanie, my stomach was so bad last night, I had to take Pepto before I went to bed, I burped from about 7p.m. till I went to bed, LOL I was MISERABLE.. but I got to eat chocolate cake while dieting.. lol

Martin kept laughing at me and saying "what did you do, eat too much"? HMMMPH! lol

Do we post our Cheat day meals, or do we just log it and keep it a secret ) lol

Last edited by pamela631; 02-03-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #145  

Look what I found, a great recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Protein Shake.. do you think this is legal on Slow Carb?

http://mycookingspot.com/peanut-butt...protein-shake/

Peanut Butter Cup Protein Shake

8oz. Almond Milk
1 Scoop Protein Shake Mix
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
6 ice cubes

Blend well in a blender.

What do you all think?
Old 02-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #146  
Slow Carb Newbie

S/C/G: Starting at 155 / ticker / 130

Height: 5' 6"

Pamela you are so funny. I agree, it is great to have a cheat day. That is the thing my boyfriend like about this diet the most. We can only be so good for so long. Hope your tummy feels better!

Rennie I've heard of the Oooopsies. Let me know how the turn out. The look really good in the pictures, but I wonder how they are really. I got all of the ingredients to make the cauliflower bread sticks, but I don't have sauce to dip them in and am snowed in today, so I may wait a bit before making them.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and Super Bowl plans.

This is the first weekend where I didn't over indulge too much. I went to my friend's party last night knowing she wouldn't have any healthy food, and she didn't. It was so hard that I had to step away from the kitchen and sit in front of the TV to avoid the temptation. I had some wine, my turkey chili....but I had two BBQ sliders and nibbled on some of her cake. She even sent us home with a bunch of prepackaged leftovers.

The good news is after this weekend I managed to only gain about 1 1/2 pounds. Yay! Weekends past I'd weigh in a few pounds heavier.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #147  
~Rennie

Jacqui I sure will let you all know how they turn out. I am truly interested in making the all of the things that can be made with cauliflower. Bread sticks, pizza crust, crust for a pot pie oh my. I'd be in Heaven. I've got to check out the links. Jacqui I have to tell you ... a girl had a bag of cheetos today and the guy beside me had a bag of cheez itz (I don't particularly care for the cheez itz but they were there so I wanted to buy a bag ... but I didn't) but the girl that had the cheetos was just on a fast herself, (she did one meal a day) I know that has nothing to do with anything buttttt I asked her for just one cheeto. I got one and that was all I ate. During break I went to the snack machine I really wanted a bag of the hot sauce chips but I put the money back in my pocket, filled my water bottle back up and went to my desk. I am so proud of me Oh I don't have any coconut oil can I substitute and use olive oil? I like the idea of using cinnamon and sf syrup

Steph and Pamela hope your tummies are feeling better

Pamela have you tried PB2? It's pretty good and I believe it's less calories than peanut butter and since it's a powder it may mix better, idk

Missy it reminds me of a rice cake in the picture I do hope it taste good . I want to use it just as she did with a burger, bacon and cheese but homemade not from Wendy's Some where on here I read that someone made come bread from great northern beans and their children and husband didn't know the difference. I'd like to give that a shot also. Please let me know how the bread sticks turn out. You don't need any dip use some garlic and make garlic bread sticks tasty Good on you on the weigh in

Confession -- I didn't really eat dinner last night I had some nuts, cheese, grapefruit juice, popcorn and a blood orange and got up this morning to a 1lb gain. I'm sure it was the popcorn because it happens just about every time I eat it in the evening. The funny thing is that my stomach looked flatter and I felt lighter if that makes sense. Oh well better luck tomorrow

today I did have the LaBanderita low carb tortilla at lunch 5 net carbs, 6g fiber, 5g protein and 0 sugar

Last edited by love2b150; 02-03-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #148  

I believe I am getting sick. I woke up yesterday with a headache and today with a sore throat and cough. Now I have a headache, my cough is worse, my chest hurts, and I am chilled. Hubby and I were out when I started feeling worse, so before we went home, we went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner (so I wouldn't have to cook). It was tasty, calmed my cough, and was very soothing on my throat, but I imagine the sodium was through the roof! So I'll probably be up instead of down on the scale tomorrow. I had tea at the restaurant but I'm going to keep drinking tea because of how bad I feel. It's definitely my go-to drink whenever I'm sick! It might be too much tea in one day but I'm trying to keep warm and feel better!

Week 29:
2/1: 173 Cheat Day
2/2: 173.5
2/3: 173
2/4:
2/5:
2/6:
2/7:

Today's Meals:
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, a teapot of green tea, Mio water
Lunch: a couple of bites of leftover pot roast, a couple of bites of cottage cheese, a veggie salad topped with walnuts, sunflower seeds, and ranch dressing, Mio water
Snack: Diet Dr. Pepper
Dinner: a small bowl of wonton soup without the noodles, chicken and broccoli without the rice, a teapot of oolong tea, water
After Dinner: a teapot of green tea

Today's Exercise:
None today

Rennie, I am SO proud of you too!!! Wow, that was great!

Pamela, cocoa powder is not allowed on the diet, but if I were you, I'd try it! If it doesn't trigger your hunger or cravings for sweets, it just might be a good shake for you!

Steph, oh wow, our homes and decorating craziness do sound alike, lol! It sounds like it was a pretty good cheat day (except for the turning stomach part)!

Pamela and Steph, I hope you both feel better today!

Missy, great job!!! That 1.5 lbs will be gone before you know it!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #149  
~Rennie

Thanks Jacqui, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, sending healing prayers your way
Old 02-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #150  
Steph

S/C/G: HW 221/ CW 176/GW 155

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
Is it possible to get carb poisoning? Dang, I have felt sick all day, but think I am really getting a flu or something . Taking a hot bath and going to bed early to see if I feel better tomorrow.

BTW- I have made Oopsies many times. More airy and eggie than bread but you can put lot of spices like garlic, dried onions, parm cheese or make them sweet w stevia. Not a bad, or great, bread substitute but you can get used to them and come up with many varieties. I've also made the white bean breads. They are heavier, more texture and more carbs. But slow carbs!

Have a great day tomorrow everyone!
Closed Thread