Old 01-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/136

Height: 5"7

I know its been mentioned before... but the time of the month really is a diet killer!!
I went up and down a little and compared to this time last week I lost 1 and a half pound
I know its a move in the right direction... but its only week 3 - I was hoping for a little better. Hopefully next week will improve!!
PinkWaterfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #182  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkWaterfall View Post
I know its been mentioned before... but the time of the month really is a diet killer!!
I went up and down a little and compared to this time last week I lost 1 and a half pound
I know its a move in the right direction... but its only week 3 - I was hoping for a little better. Hopefully next week will improve!!
honestly, at your body weight, I think that is great - that's 1% of your body weight!
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 AM   #183  

Ooohhh!! I never thought of it that way before! Thank you, that actually really helps!

But I still resent that time of the month! lol
Old 01-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #184  

Morning of Day 7, down 5.7 pounds. Entering into Week 2 (doing the full 11 day attack). Appetite has really been under control, just a non issue. Pleasant surprise. Had one day this week when work was just one insane stress after another and I didn't drink as much fluid as I knew I should and, not surprisingly, that was my tiniest loss day. Lesson learned....drink that water!

Yesterday at work someone brought in those little mini bunt cakes...chocolate with chocolate icing dripped on them, still warm! Oh why do you torture me so?!?! But I let my feet keep me strong, just left the room!
Hairballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #185  
Dukanista

great job hairballz!

I feel the same way about not buying off plan food. I don't have to have willpower all the time - just while I am in the supermarket. After that, if it's not in my house, then I don't have to be strong not to eat it!

I do get off plan food for my son, but I try to get things that he likes but that I don't as much as I can. But so far so good, even with what is around the house. It's just not bothering me at all to not have it.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #186  

You're doing really well hairballz!

I think our will power is increasing on this diet! Because we *can't* eat those foods... we're being strong. Unlike other diets where they allow a little bit... but seriously, who eats 2 squares of chocolate at a time? They come in bars for a reason...

I actually have chocolate from England stuffed in my fridge for emergencies... but I haven't really been tempted at all to reach for it. I open my fridge and it's all the way back there but the Dukan stuff is in front and is easily the choice to go for.

I live alone so I don't have to worry about buying for other people or coming into a situation where I can see all types of non-Dukan-friendly food. In the supermarket I just bypass all the not-allowed areas
Old 01-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #187  

Me too, no worries about what junk food someone else wants, which is nice. My biggest hurdle is the old enemy, work-stress. I have a crazy stressful job and sometimes after a really bad day I'm vulnerable, but this past week I had the two most stressful days ever in the history of mankind and still didn't fall to carbs. So maybe ill make it!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #188  

Hey anyone who is in cruise phase, I have a specific question ...is salsa permissible, provided it is low carb without added sugar? Seems to me it would be, but I haven't seen anything specifically mentioning it. I'm moving to cruise in another week, looking forward to salsa on eggs!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 221/186/160

Height: 5'7''

I use salsa on my P&V days, since it's a tomato technically
domesticbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #190  
Dukanista

yes, salsa is fine. and you can even use a couple of spoonfuls on a PP day as a condiment - not in Attack, but once you get to Cruise.

(btw, when I answer these questions, it's because I've seen the answer on one of the official Dukan chat transcripts - they have people posting questions and some of the counselors, and occasionally Dr. Dukan, will answer).

I had a good lesson in the power of being prepared today. We were out and about a lot of the day - I had packed my lunch but it wasn't much, some chicken salad made with a little greek yogurt. I managed to resist any impulse purchases when we stopped at Target but when we got home, I was soooo hungry. But I keep hardboiled eggs in the fridge all the time, and I was able to eat the egg whites of a couple (already had a gallette today and didn't want to eat another whole egg). And a quick dinner- reheating some of those chicken parm meatballs I made a couple of weeks ago. this was the last of the batch, so I'm definitely making some more again this week. It really makes a huge difference to have some on plan food that I can just reheat and not have to cook from scratch all the time!

Has anyone found some other good cook-ahead meals to freeze? I have a recipe for a crockpot orange chicken that I'm trying tomorrow, and I think portions of that would freeze well if it turns out good, I'll keep you posted!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #191  
Dukanista

this is also a really helpful list of some additional foods that are allowed beyond the 100 standard items.

http://ddr.myfreeforum.org/archive/d..._t__t_203.html

I would definitely keep both quantity and frequency limits - no more than 2 tolerated foods a day, and I personally have them only a couple of times a week. But it's nice to be able to break things up a bit. And if you stall/slow your loss too much then cut them out for a while and see what happen.

Just speaking from my own experience, a little extra fat beyond what is allowed doesn't seem to be a problem, but extra sugars/carbs do end up resulting in a smaller loss for that week. But everyone is different, of course, so you have to figure out what works for you.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #192  

I haven't noticed much about extra fat... but exta carbs defiantly seem to slow the loss down.

Thank you for that list! Although I've been using shirataki noodles on PP days and attack days and found I still lost.
I got excited when I read "30 ml of wine" then read "(for cooking only)" after it... booo!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #193  
Dukanista

Has anyone tried the microwave Mug Muffins? I just tried one for the first time, and oh my goodness, it's good!

I mixed and matched from a few different recipes I saw on line and ended up using

1 egg
3 T milk
generous splash vanilla extract
1/2 t cinnamon (maybe more - several generous shakes)
1/2 T greek yogurt
1/2 t baking powder
3/4 t sweetener (different amounts for different types)
2 T oat bran

Use a large mug - it really expands a lot. Beat up the egg and milk, add any extract and spices, beat in the yogurt and then add baking powder and oat bran. Consistency should be quite liquid (more liquid than the gallette mixture), add another splash of milk if needed. I cooked mine for 2.5 minutes on high.

It is quite bread-like in texture, more like a moist, solid sponge cake rather than a muffin to me. Very tasty and it makes quite a large portion so it's filling and you are eating a nice generous amount of tasty warm cake.

I can't wait to try it tomorrow with some cocoa powder! The one change is that I will let the mixture sit for a little bit before cooking - there were some flaky bits of oat bran that I think would go away if I let them absorb a little more moisture first.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #194  

Thanks for the link to the list. I'm anticipating a struggle when I move to cruise because I'm just not a veggie eater, of the whole list of allowable Veggies there's only about 4 that I will eat! Lettuce/spinach, green beans, broccoli, tomatoes. That's my whole list! I literally will not touch the others. But I AM looking forward to those few!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #195  
Dukanista

Down 1.6 for the week for a total of 12.4 in 3 weeks. I am certainly not going to complaint about that, although I admit I would have liked to have been 1/2 lower, to get my first 5%. But I'm sure I'll hit it next week.