Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 311/ticker/150

Height: 5-5

I am SO over this mental and physical block I have with 290! I have not been able to stay under it for years! I get to 289 (once 287) then I go right back up! I get happy when I finally get under it then my brain implodes and I cheat or even if I'm doing good I get PMS and retain enough to through me back over. GRRRR.

Anyone else have a weight amount they can't seem to conquer?
Old 10-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
they called today wondering why i'd been MIA i let them know what was going on and they let me put my plan on hold, which is nice.

things are really looking up with the FIL's health (is it cheating to call him my FIL if josh and i aren't married? hehe), though, so i'm feeling really encouraged. they determined that he had pneumonia that was caused by legionnaire's disease and are now using a more pinpointed antibiotic to treat him (i guess? i don't know much about these things, hehe). anyway, we're really hopeful. they even said maybe tomorrow we'd get to take the breathing tube out. woo!

anyway, hopefully things will quiet down soon and i'll get back on track. also daunting is the trip to mexico that i'm scheduled to take next week!! i can't even believe it's almost here already. i'm kind of discouraged because i had all kinds of plans for where i'd be at weight-wise by then and it definitely looks like that won't be the case, but i'll try to keep my head up and not go too crazy off-plan. eek.
Leahruthie - It's not cheating to call him FIL - I'm glad to hear it might be time to take the breathing tube out. Take time to be with your family and not worry about all the Hns', pills, etc during this time. It's nice to know the center here in Lincoln is going to work with you too. I'll be thinking of you and your family. We're all here for you! One day at a time.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Fifties Lady

I saw your name on the board on Friday! Wooo HOOOO! Have fun on your trip too.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #49  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccross View Post
I am SO over this mental and physical block I have with 290! I have not been able to stay under it for years! I get to 289 (once 287) then I go right back up! I get happy when I finally get under it then my brain implodes and I cheat or even if I'm doing good I get PMS and retain enough to through me back over. GRRRR.

Anyone else have a weight amount they can't seem to conquer?
YES!!!
I went to Australia on August 20 and I weighed 150. I went to WI yesterday and still, 150.
I remember once saying I wanted to be closer to 100 than 200 and I also only have 2 pairs of pants left in my skinny clothes pile. I have been carrying around my skinny bag for 8 years and always wanted so bad to wear that stuff again and now I can fit into almost all of it.

A counselor at my center thinks I am self sabatoging because I hit one of my goals. I have made some 'non-metabolic choices' since Aug 20 but I have also done mostly well. She suggested I make new goals, buy a new outfit I want to fit into and hang it where I can see it (I have done). I also know what I want my body to look like (Jessica Beil in Blade 3) so I found some pics of her on the internet and sent them to her at the center (my homework).

I have also read on here that if your body has previously been at a certain weight once before for an extended period of time and during weight loss you get to that weight your body seems to stop loosing to see if you want to keep going or stay there.

I personally think I will try the Meta Quick in a couple of weeks and I am hoping to get into the gym for good this week after being sick the last week and not doing much exercise before that.

Dunno if this helps but I wish you luck and a drop on the scale soon!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #50  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

went to the gym for the first time in over a week last night--yikes!! it was rough. but it felt good to be moving my body finally.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
YES!!!
I went to Australia on August 20 and I weighed 150. I went to WI yesterday and still, 150.
I remember once saying I wanted to be closer to 100 than 200 and I also only have 2 pairs of pants left in my skinny clothes pile. I have been carrying around my skinny bag for 8 years and always wanted so bad to wear that stuff again and now I can fit into almost all of it.

A counselor at my center thinks I am self sabatoging because I hit one of my goals. I have made some 'non-metabolic choices' since Aug 20 but I have also done mostly well. She suggested I make new goals, buy a new outfit I want to fit into and hang it where I can see it (I have done). I also know what I want my body to look like (Jessica Beil in Blade 3) so I found some pics of her on the internet and sent them to her at the center (my homework).

I have also read on here that if your body has previously been at a certain weight once before for an extended period of time and during weight loss you get to that weight your body seems to stop loosing to see if you want to keep going or stay there.

I personally think I will try the Meta Quick in a couple of weeks and I am hoping to get into the gym for good this week after being sick the last week and not doing much exercise before that.

Dunno if this helps but I wish you luck and a drop on the scale soon!!!

What is Meta Quick?
Old 10-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #52  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccross View Post
What is Meta Quick?
I haven't tried it yet but its like a jump start... you do meal replacement shakes and bars and HNS's at breakfast and lunch then a regular dinner. The counselor told me some don't see loss during it but after when they go back on the green menu. You can do it for 7 days out of every 30. This can be done 7 days straight or 7 days spread out in the month.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
I haven't tried it yet but its like a jump start... you do meal replacement shakes and bars and HNS's at breakfast and lunch then a regular dinner. The counselor told me some don't see loss during it but after when they go back on the green menu. You can do it for 7 days out of every 30. This can be done 7 days straight or 7 days spread out in the month.
Ooo I might try that! I haven't tried the shakes yet. I hear they re all pretty good.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfine09 View Post
Fifties Lady

Well many of you gals are great at finding "Waldo". LOL. I am so hoping I can sign the 30 pound board before I leave on my trip. But so far, the scale still hasn't moved. Getting discouraged, but not giving up. These fat cells are not going to win!!! I'm going to zap them big time...it's time they shrink some more, because if they are waiting to be fed....well, it ain't happening.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

I had a great time in Omaha. It was so good to see my friend. As far as the diet goes, I was off it big time. I ate what sounded good and drank more alcohol in those 5 days then I have in the past years. Holy moses, I was so grateful that our room was on the first floor! I am up 4 pounds on my scale. WI tomorrow won't be pretty but will push the water and B6 since I hope it is mostly water.
I waved passing Lincoln, went out to dinner at Sullivan's Steakhouse and bummed around Old Market. We were well known at the hotel bar and enjoyed the hot tub. In fact they let us stay in the hot tub way past closing. It was a good time.
I tried to add a picture to my profile from the trip, not sure how it will all come out. If you check, I actually had water in front of me at the bar!
Congradulations on all the fabulous losses. Leah, keeping my fingers crossed for you and your FIL.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #56  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Lori123321,
Glad to hear you had such a great time in Omaha. I bet most of what you gained is water, regardless you will loss it in no time. Great pic. you look wonderful. Did you happen to pass the Candy store in the Old Market. They make their own chocolates and they are wonderful. I am not saying this to tempt anyone but to kinda brag. My daughter works there and I am able to completely and totally stay away from the chocolates she brings home.

Possibly a hit at the hotel because of your new clothing purchases?

Couldn't resist, welcome back!

Started MRC 5/9/09

September Goal

Old 10-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
I had a great time in Omaha. It was so good to see my friend. As far as the diet goes, I was off it big time. I ate what sounded good and drank more alcohol in those 5 days then I have in the past years. Holy moses, I was so grateful that our room was on the first floor! I am up 4 pounds on my scale. WI tomorrow won't be pretty but will push the water and B6 since I hope it is mostly water.
I waved passing Lincoln, went out to dinner at Sullivan's Steakhouse and bummed around Old Market. We were well known at the hotel bar and enjoyed the hot tub. In fact they let us stay in the hot tub way past closing. It was a good time.
I tried to add a picture to my profile from the trip, not sure how it will all come out. If you check, I actually had water in front of me at the bar!
Congradulations on all the fabulous losses. Leah, keeping my fingers crossed for you and your FIL.
Lori....YOU LOOK MARVELOUS DAHLING!!!! Good for you, so glad you had a great time in Nebraska. I waved back at ya, but you zoomed right on by.
I bet you did have a good time at the hotel and especially the hot tub. I'm so proud of you doing all that. Don't worry about the weight gain, it was time for yourself and much deserved. It will come off. Now get back on the wagon and behave yourself.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
they called today wondering why i'd been MIA i let them know what was going on and they let me put my plan on hold, which is nice.

things are really looking up with the FIL's health (is it cheating to call him my FIL if josh and i aren't married? hehe), though, so i'm feeling really encouraged. they determined that he had pneumonia that was caused by legionnaire's disease and are now using a more pinpointed antibiotic to treat him (i guess? i don't know much about these things, hehe). anyway, we're really hopeful. they even said maybe tomorrow we'd get to take the breathing tube out. woo!

anyway, hopefully things will quiet down soon and i'll get back on track. also daunting is the trip to mexico that i'm scheduled to take next week!! i can't even believe it's almost here already. i'm kind of discouraged because i had all kinds of plans for where i'd be at weight-wise by then and it definitely looks like that won't be the case, but i'll try to keep my head up and not go too crazy off-plan. eek.
Leah --

That's great news about the FIL! Hoping he's soon on a big ol' mend!

You need to concentrate on just having fun in Mexico, girl! Don't worry about anything -- just enjoy yourselves!

-- JJ
Old 10-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #59  

Quote:
went to the gym for the first time in over a week last night--yikes!! it was rough. but it felt good to be moving my body finally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfine09 View Post
Fifties Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat not Fat View Post
Leah --

That's great news about the FIL! Hoping he's soon on a big ol' mend!

You need to concentrate on just having fun in Mexico, girl! Don't worry about anything -- just enjoy yourselves!

-- JJ
Hey Ladies....did any of you sign up for the classes that I think start next week on Tues or Thurs? I signed up for the Thursday night classes. I have to check my calendar to see when they start.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #60  

Hello all my MRC friends....I just want to say..."today is my B-day" and I am so excited not that I am a year older, but that I am lighter than I was last year at this time. And I feel so much healthier!!!

I may go WI today if I get off in time...otherwise I will for sure tomorrow...scale is saying the same but when I add clothes, then it's back up!! Today I dressed up for work, so not the right WI clothes...yikes!!!

I hope everyone has a great day on my Birthday!!! I just want to share it all with you....Love you all....you are my BF's!!
Closed Thread