Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #316  
magnolia girl

S/C/G: 170/150/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
My center told me they had revamped the mq program to include having a scoop of the double chocolate powder and also a scoop of the veggie powder. It isn't printed on the menu, but hopefully they mentioned it to you. Have to admit, because they were out of the hot chocolate, I have only used the chocolate powder twice this week and the veggie powder I also stopped after two days. Can't seem to find a good combination to actually get them down.
I've been mixing the veggie powder with the lemon HNS, taste good to me,
like green tea.
magnoliagirl
Old 10-31-2009, 10:05 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone, just got back from Vegas with some extra poundage. Not too bad though.. only up 2 pounds (probably would've been more if not for all that walking!). I was going to start MQ as soon as I returned but I think it's going to be easier to stick to it if I start on Monday. I too will be joining the 15 pound group...
Old 10-31-2009, 12:14 PM   #318  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Well, I didn't quite make it to the goal I had set with MRC 5 months ago back before Memorial Weekend - 135 lbs. BUT I did get within 1.5 lbs back on the 5th of October.

I had started Stabilization and was adding things in and having a hard time remembering what to eat when - Green menu was so easy to follow - same thing every day. I repeated Week 5 of Stabilization after not being able to keep anywhere near it on vacation and still didn't do very well following it, then found out week 6 is pretty much the same thing, so on Friday, I signed the Maintenance Agreement but changed my goal weight from 135 to 140 lb - probably better for my height (5'8").

I hardly have any clothes I can wear - they fall off me. I want to alter some of my favorite things - take in side or back seams, put darts in where there was elastic, but I'm not finding the time - I'm not wanting to spend money on new clothes - I am self employed so I don't have to dress for a job, but I do have to wear something!

I was 5'8" and 140 lb from age 11 until I started trying to get pregnant at age 35, when I gained and never lost - fluctuated between 160 and 200 or so. After 25 years of being overweight, I am happy with being between 135 and 140 lb and ready to get on with life - learning to eat from the 1200 cal Maintenance Sheet, walking more in the new New Balance Running shoes I bought on vacation, doing yoga at home (and at our MRCenter - we are so lucky!)

I will keep up my Food Diary (I made an Excel spreadsheet), and weigh myself morning and night on my Taylor BodyFat + BMI scale (model 5568- purchased at BJ's Wholesale store for $27), keep track of those numbers on another spreadsheet. I have the Yellow, Blue and Green menus as well as Week 6 of Stabilization to fall back on if my weight starts creeping up.

I feel I have learned a more healthy way of eating and actually have put into practice "eat more veggies". I have much more will power to resist candy and frosting (I only ate the cake to get the frosting!) than I ever thought possible and I credit that to not having the sugar in my system - so if I'm having temptations and not being able to resist, I know I have to keep totally away from sugars for 3 days and I can go back to having again.

I have a year of Maintenance accountability with MRC to continue to cement these habits into my life routine. I will be reading 3FCs MRC threads when I get a chance but I will not be living on here as I have done this past summer. I will miss all of you. You have been my inspiration, challengers, 'accounters' and informants. Thank you everyone Best of luck to everyone here.

jeanette

Last edited by reuselady; 10-31-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:27 PM   #319  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Smile

Jeanette,
Fantastic. I like your idea of a spreadsheet to still keep trace of numbers, excellent idea.

Myself and I am sure everyone else will miss you but at the same time it is inspiring to see those who have met their goal. Wishing you good fortune on your continuing journey.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smilies/hug.gif

Started MRC 5/9/09

Last edited by rip; 10-31-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: gif
Old 10-31-2009, 05:58 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations, jeannette! What an incredible feeling that must be. I hope you'll stay in touch.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone. It was very pleasant and now I'm back on plan.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #321  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Jeanette, So proud of you! How good you must feel! We will miss you, check in and let us know how you are doing when you can. Even though we know you will be a success!

The date went ok. He was nice and we talked for hours. I think he might even talk more then me. Did not think that was possible! I do have some reservations. We talked about dieting and such. I didn't want him to think I was some high maintance person, asking for special this and that, so I told him about MRC. He is overweight but kept saying he couldn't do what I was doing, he liked food too much and so on. The selfish part of me wondered if I spent a lot of time with him, would I be less likely to stick with my plan? Be constantly tempted to eat off plan and not reach my goal? How hard would it be to stay true when with someone who I am suspect, seems to have a worse food addiction then I do? I know this sounds like much for a first date but he wants to see me again and has called/text me yesterday and last night.
Other then that, he is sweet, tried to pay for everything (was surprised when I paid for the drinks we had after dinner), and let me determine how we said goodnight. A gentleman. FYI, I just gave him a hug. I am a lady! He will have to take me out again to see how long hugs will last. I guess I want someone to be so overwhelmed with passion that he has to kiss me. I read wayyyy to many romance novels!
Old 11-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Jeanette, So proud of you! How good you must feel! We will miss you, check in and let us know how you are doing when you can. Even though we know you will be a success!

The date went ok. He was nice and we talked for hours. I think he might even talk more then me. Did not think that was possible! I do have some reservations. We talked about dieting and such. I didn't want him to think I was some high maintance person, asking for special this and that, so I told him about MRC. He is overweight but kept saying he couldn't do what I was doing, he liked food too much and so on. The selfish part of me wondered if I spent a lot of time with him, would I be less likely to stick with my plan? Be constantly tempted to eat off plan and not reach my goal? How hard would it be to stay true when with someone who I am suspect, seems to have a worse food addiction then I do? I know this sounds like much for a first date but he wants to see me again and has called/text me yesterday and last night.
Other then that, he is sweet, tried to pay for everything (was surprised when I paid for the drinks we had after dinner), and let me determine how we said goodnight. A gentleman. FYI, I just gave him a hug. I am a lady! He will have to take me out again to see how long hugs will last. I guess I want someone to be so overwhelmed with passion that he has to kiss me. I read wayyyy to many romance novels!
Lori,
Being a single woman myself, I completely understand where you are coming from. I was dating a man a year ago who was very overweight. Atkins was my diet of choice then, and I'd lost over 20 pounds on it. I kept encouraging him to try it but he was not interested. I knew that eventually our "weight issues" would drive a wedge (not that there weren't other issues there, too). Anyway, my point is that you aren't reading too much into it. You've invested so much time, effort, and energy into losing the weight and making yourself healthy. It would be difficult to date someone who wasn't willing to do the same for themselves. I would feel the exact same way! Not saying that you shouldn't give him a chance, but that your concerns are completely understandable.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #323  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Lori, so glad to hear that your date went well and I second and agree with everything that Goose has said. I couldn't imagine spending my life with someone who doesn't support/eat the way I do. That would make keeping the weight off VERY hard (like it isn't hard already)! Good luck gf and just take it one day at a time! Who knows, you may inspire him like you do so many of us
Old 11-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #324  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Jeanette, your post was very inspiring first of all. Congratulations! You will be missed. You have a great outlook. I will have to go back and find your previous post of your spreadsheet you so kindly shared. Stay strong and come back to say hi.

Lori, glad to see you had a nice evening. I agree with the others too. You are making a commitment to yourself to live a healthier life, which benefits yourself and others. Relationships that don't encourage each other to achieve their goals are very hard to keep, no matter what that goal is. If you enjoy your conversations, then keep talking to him, just make it on your terms, on line, texting, whatever. You are so strong and you will figure out what you need to do. Other than your night out doing anything fun before you head back to work?
Old 11-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #325  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post

Hey Lori... I wanted to share my EHarmony experience with you. I met my BF in EH a year and a half ago. He is great and we are doing awesome. Our first date was 7 1/2 hours long. Our situation was reversed compared to yours, I was overweight and he was in the best shape of his life. I am doing better with weight loss then he is these days but we are in it together. The weight issue is a big one but we have committed to staying in shape for our selves and each other. I hope that EH works out for you, its seams like you need a good dose of passion after guy friend. I recomend EH to everyone I meet that is looking for someone special. Good luck to you and if this guy doesn't work (my first 2 didn't) keep with it. Maybe we can do a double commercial one day!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #326  
magnolia girl

S/C/G: 170/150/140

Can any tell me if you can eat veggie burgers or sausage on the program?
If so what would it replace?
magnoliagirl
Closed Thread