Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Quick note... we just got home and I wanted to give you all an update...
I ran my 5k Sat am, did good, I was really hoping for 38 minute finish but it managed to illude me and my time was 39:16... We took 2 laps around the course to make the full 5k. The first time was not so bad up the hill but the 2nd time I had to run up that hill/mountain (it was mentally growing by the minute) I seriously had to talk my way up that hill and keep running, it was tough, I kept counting the running steps up, it was like stair climbing but I did it and it was then mostly downhill after that. It felt so good to run down that hill, past the last fellow keeping time for us and have him say you're almost there, I was grinning from ear to ear, I did it, I really did it and I wasn't dead last !! I had a great time and it really felt wonderful :0) My mom and daughter walked the 5k in 52 minutes, I was so proud of all of us! We treated ourselves to some goodies at the Apple Festival afterwards. I will be back on plan in the morning for sure... Have a great night everyone.
Congrats on making it through your 5K and WITH a fantastic time!!! You go, girl!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat not Fat View Post
Schoon --

Alas, you've confirmed my deepest fear -- that once I hit my goal, get through stabilization and onto maintenance, I'm going to gain back what I've lost.

-- JJ
NOOO, don't feel that way. I followed Maintenance for 7 months, and only gained the 15lbs of weight that I tried to gain, good lean muscle and a couple extra so I didn't look sickly. I gained the last 25 being a complete PIG about eating terrible food. It was no accident, i am completely to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
Schoon - thank you for sharing, I have found out for me that after several attempts on diets, some successful others not, that my weight is and will be a continuous battle no matter what i weigh 140 to 225 - no different always a struggle and i am expecting this to be the case when I get to maintenance. What I am doing now is to prepare myself for this mentally and make promises to myself that if I gain over a certain amount then i am right back on MRC...Good luck!
Thanks! Going to stick to the menus until I loose the 20+lbs, and then stick to the last Stab menu for quite a while. Still a firm believe in a cheat day, but will leave it at that, just a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotaFatBride View Post
GI'm in my first week of preconditioning. I have lost 10 lbs of the 100lbs I want to lose. I'm getting married next October 1st and need to get in dressing shopping shape. I'm so excited to be eating healthy and losing this weight! I'm 29 and live in Colorado. Thanks!
10lbs is impressive indeed! Just goes to show how much junk your body holds onto when you aren't eating right and getting enough water!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Quick note... we just got home and I wanted to give you all an update...
I ran my 5k Sat am, did good, I was really hoping for 38 minute finish but it managed to illude me and my time was 39:16... We took 2 laps around the course to make the full 5k. The first time was not so bad up the hill but the 2nd time I had to run up that hill/mountain (it was mentally growing by the minute) I seriously had to talk my way up that hill and keep running, it was tough, I kept counting the running steps up, it was like stair climbing but I did it and it was then mostly downhill after that. It felt so good to run down that hill, past the last fellow keeping time for us and have him say you're almost there, I was grinning from ear to ear, I did it, I really did it and I wasn't dead last !! I had a great time and it really felt wonderful :0) My mom and daughter walked the 5k in 52 minutes, I was so proud of all of us! We treated ourselves to some goodies at the Apple Festival afterwards. I will be back on plan in the morning for sure... Have a great night everyone.
Oh Karen, I am so very proud of you...way to go girl!!! Great time and you did well. You have to be so very, very proud of yourself and feel so good. You just get a standing ovation.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #124  

Well, there is something very wrong here. Another week and no weight loss, and in fact, I was up 3 pounds this morning. So I am about at the end of my rope. I will hang on till the end of the month before my trip, then I think I'm chalking it up as something that is not working for me. I have done and followed the plan and almost 6 weeks now without a weight loss. I don't want to try the Mediquick plan, that only means more cost and I'm not sure if that would just be a quick fix and not permanent. I'm tired and frustrated right now and wanted so much to lose in September and October, but no luck. My body seems to be fighting this program and I don't understand why? I didn't even bother to WI Saturday so it's been over a week now. I have a class on Thursday, so I will WI then.

Thanks everyone for letting me vent. Just having a lousy day after getting on the scale this morning. It did not start off very good at all.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Well, there is something very wrong here. Another week and no weight loss, and in fact, I was up 3 pounds this morning. So I am about at the end of my rope. I will hang on till the end of the month before my trip, then I think I'm chalking it up as something that is not working for me. I have done and followed the plan and almost 6 weeks now without a weight loss. I don't want to try the Mediquick plan, that only means more cost and I'm not sure if that would just be a quick fix and not permanent. I'm tired and frustrated right now and wanted so much to lose in September and October, but no luck. My body seems to be fighting this program and I don't understand why? I didn't even bother to WI Saturday so it's been over a week now. I have a class on Thursday, so I will WI then.

Thanks everyone for letting me vent. Just having a lousy day after getting on the scale this morning. It did not start off very good at all.
I have just been back on the board for about 3 days, but maybe we/I can help!

Let us know what you have been doing!

Don't give up! IF you are eating the menu items, drinking mass amounts of water, and walking/excercising, it will happen! VERY COMMONG to stall after losing that first 10%... your body goes in panic mode, and trys to hold onto everything it has! 6 weeks is a long time to stall, but often the calm is before the storm! Hang in there!
Old 10-13-2009, 07:38 AM   #126  

Height: 5'9"

I had a great day yesterday when I went shopping to buy a dress and a pair of slacks for my trip this weekend...as my 12's were just too baggy...I didn't want to invest in more clothes until I reached goal...but I just couldn't go an see my dear friends in baggy clothes...so I thought okay I will just get one dress and one dress pants in a size 10...I was SHOCKED that the 10's I pulled were too big and finally pulled out 8's and they fit!!! So I bought a cocktail dress size 8 and a nice pair of slacks size 8, I have not been a size 8 in over 8 years!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #127  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

an update on my whereabouts...

ever since the FIL entered the hospital two weeks ago, my life has been a rollercoaster! i haven't been in to weigh in since saturday the 26th of september; eventually, i got a phone call from the center asking where i'd disappeared to. i told them what was going on and that most of my free time (and even some not-free time!) has been spent at the hospital an hour away from home, for days at a time (last week we were there for four days and the week before that, another four). needless to say, the food options presented to me in a time of crisis are not great, especially given the fact that there's so little time to plan--more than once, we've only had a moment's notice that it was time to head back to the hospital "just in case," meaning there isn't time to remember socks and undies, let alone a cooler of veggies and supplements!

anyway, i've been doing the best that i can, but i informed the center that i need to put my plan on hold for a while. currently i'm holding steady, gaining and losing the same 3 pounds depending on where we are (gaining at the hospital, losing when we get to come home for a while). i'm comforted that i'm not full-on ballooning back up, but i'm sad that my amazing losses have all but stopped and i wish i knew when this rollercoaster would end so i could get back to business.

i'm disheartened not only because of my FIL's precarious condition but also because of the impact on all of us--not just my diet, but our optimism is taking hit after hit and our bank accounts are gradually being drained by fast food and buying necessary clothes for unplanned extended trips. and on a decidedly more selfish note, i'm bummed that i've had to cancel my trip to mexico to afford us a little more financial padding (though the cancelled plan ticket doesn't help, as it's nonrefundable). i guess i'm OK with not going, because i don't want to be out of the country if something terrible happens and i didn't reach my mexico goal weight anyway! :P but i was definitely looking forward to the trip as a nice getaway for me and my best girlfriend, who i don't get to see as often as i'd like.

ANYWAY, sorry to be such a debbie downer, i just wanted to update anyone who happened to wonder where i am. i'm still trying to meet my goals--i'm going to classes at the gym whenever possible and trying to make the most sensible choices both at home and on the road--but i predict very, very slow going. *sigh* sometimes life just gets in the way, you know?

phew!

on a more positive note, CONGRATULATIONS KAREN on your stellar performance in your first 5K. there's no stopping you now, girl!!

and FL, please hang in there! i know how frustrated you are but you have to believe your body is just being stubborn and clinging to its security blanket of weight. it'll wise up eventually! and i bet you anything, getting some good exercise will definitely help. it might just be the kick in the pants that plateau needs!!
Old 10-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
an update on my whereabouts...

ever since the FIL entered the hospital two weeks ago, my life has been a rollercoaster! i haven't been in to weigh in since saturday the 26th of september; eventually, i got a phone call from the center asking where i'd disappeared to. i told them what was going on and that most of my free time (and even some not-free time!) has been spent at the hospital an hour away from home, for days at a time (last week we were there for four days and the week before that, another four). needless to say, the food options presented to me in a time of crisis are not great, especially given the fact that there's so little time to plan--more than once, we've only had a moment's notice that it was time to head back to the hospital "just in case," meaning there isn't time to remember socks and undies, let alone a cooler of veggies and supplements!

anyway, i've been doing the best that i can, but i informed the center that i need to put my plan on hold for a while. currently i'm holding steady, gaining and losing the same 3 pounds depending on where we are (gaining at the hospital, losing when we get to come home for a while). i'm comforted that i'm not full-on ballooning back up, but i'm sad that my amazing losses have all but stopped and i wish i knew when this rollercoaster would end so i could get back to business.

i'm disheartened not only because of my FIL's precarious condition but also because of the impact on all of us--not just my diet, but our optimism is taking hit after hit and our bank accounts are gradually being drained by fast food and buying necessary clothes for unplanned extended trips. and on a decidedly more selfish note, i'm bummed that i've had to cancel my trip to mexico to afford us a little more financial padding (though the cancelled plan ticket doesn't help, as it's nonrefundable). i guess i'm OK with not going, because i don't want to be out of the country if something terrible happens and i didn't reach my mexico goal weight anyway! :P but i was definitely looking forward to the trip as a nice getaway for me and my best girlfriend, who i don't get to see as often as i'd like.

ANYWAY, sorry to be such a debbie downer, i just wanted to update anyone who happened to wonder where i am. i'm still trying to meet my goals--i'm going to classes at the gym whenever possible and trying to make the most sensible choices both at home and on the road--but i predict very, very slow going. *sigh* sometimes life just gets in the way, you know?

phew!

on a more positive note, CONGRATULATIONS KAREN on your stellar performance in your first 5K. there's no stopping you now, girl!!

and FL, please hang in there! i know how frustrated you are but you have to believe your body is just being stubborn and clinging to its security blanket of weight. it'll wise up eventually! and i bet you anything, getting some good exercise will definitely help. it might just be the kick in the pants that plateau needs!!
Oh Leahruthie, I am so sorry the way your life is going right now. You need a big hug girl. I know how going back and forth to the hospital can take so much out of you. I did that quite a bit over the summer with my cousin, and it is so very stressful. So sorry about your Mexico trip, hopefully you can reschedule it soon and then be also down to the weight you want to be. Just hang it there, it's rough right now....I'm so glad MRC is working with you and letting you take a break. Prayers again your way.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
I had a great day yesterday when I went shopping to buy a dress and a pair of slacks for my trip this weekend...as my 12's were just too baggy...I didn't want to invest in more clothes until I reached goal...but I just couldn't go an see my dear friends in baggy clothes...so I thought okay I will just get one dress and one dress pants in a size 10...I was SHOCKED that the 10's I pulled were too big and finally pulled out 8's and they fit!!! So I bought a cocktail dress size 8 and a nice pair of slacks size 8, I have not been a size 8 in over 8 years!

You ladies and your hot little cocktail dresses....good for you!!! Size 8 is something to be so very proud of. Congratulations!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
I have just been back on the board for about 3 days, but maybe we/I can help!

Let us know what you have been doing!

Don't give up! IF you are eating the menu items, drinking mass amounts of water, and walking/excercising, it will happen! VERY COMMONG to stall after losing that first 10%... your body goes in panic mode, and trys to hold onto everything it has! 6 weeks is a long time to stall, but often the calm is before the storm! Hang in there!
Thank you Schoon and others who have commented. I am trying so hard to be positive, but another morning on the scale and no change.

I don't know what I am doing wrong. Walking 3 times a week for about 45 min, although last week I only got out once, but I climb stairs many times throughout the day. I am drinking 4-5 32 oz jugs of water a day. I twist a lemon in the drink per day, but I have done that from the start, and it never had any effect on the first month?

I eat exactly on plan and weigh or measure everything. I increased my HNS's to 4 or 5, depending on how my day is going. I do not snack at all. Nothing passes my lips except for water after 6:00pm.

I do not take any of the MRC pills. I do take Flax and Fish Oil capsules. One B-12 and a Cider Vinegar capsule with each meal. That's it????

I am tired of eggs every morning, and have to force myself to eat them. I have tried the grilled cheese, pancakes and french toast for a variety. For lunch, I usually have a salad with 6 oz. of chicken with Walden Farm's dressing or I have my spray bottle of dressing. Sometimes cottage cheese with fruit.

I drink no diet sodas, I have had two cups of decaf coffee since April.

So that's it. I'm tired, depressed and forcing myself now to eat and stay on plan. This week, the dress slacks that was starting to be loose on me, feel tight again. Don't know what is up with that? I leave on a trip at the end of the month, and very disappointed since I wanted so much to have lost another 20 pounds before then, now it just isn't happening. I can't see spending another $100 stocking up on supplies again to have no results. It's just way to expensive to be on and not lose. I go in Thursday night for the Connection class, so I will WI and see. I'm not doing the Metaquick, which is what was suggested at my last WI. A plateau shouldn't last this long, so I feel there is something else going on that is resisting this diet plan. I know it doesn't make sense, but I have no answers.

Again, thanks for letting me sound off. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, because that is not my nature....just discouraged and very, very down right now. And right now I am envious in reading all your success you are having, but still, very happy for you all.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Hey FL,
I was reading your post and I completely agree with you - this isn't right. A plateau for a few weeks, yes, but 6 weeks? That's just too long... I know you are feeling really discouraged right now, I understand why, this is a tough diet to stick too when your losing weight but to be this restricted and not lose a thing for 6 weeks could really tick a girl off! You could do that just eating any old way right? Well, don't. Obviously something is not right and something has to give! I think it might not be a bad idea to try the Mediquick for a week to see what happens. I know, it is another expense but really it's no different than buying a couple boxes of HNS. It will certainly save you time and will cut out the discussion of what's for breakfast or lunch - that's a plus :0) Also, I recommend you go to your MRC center, get with your favorite lady (counselor) and go over everything you are consuming food and drink wise with no exceptions, every darn little BLT etc. and then come up with a plan of action - there has got to be some explanation for this stall and you deserve a plan not a "well it's just a plateau". Sorry, they've gotta have something better than that to get you over this hump. You deserve better than that FL. This plan does work, they just gotta work to get you on the right one! Hang in there. Don't give up yet. Try the Metaquick and see what happens, it might be just what your body needs to shake it up a little. Go to your WI this week and talk to your counselor and let us know the game plan. We're here for you just as you're always here for us

Also, Thanks everyone for your support and nice posts about my 5k, it sure did feel great :0)

Last edited by Karen1234; 10-13-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #132  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Fifties Lady,
Hang in there. I know it is disheartening but you need to believe. Have a serious talk with the folks at your center they should have some ideas for you. My loss has slowed and it is discouraging. I am starting to believe that with the cool weather and winter coming our bodies are trying to hold on to the weight. Instinct from way long ago. Your metabolism wants to hang on to all the fat for the long winter months. Your body will adjust and you will start to lose. Up your water intake by a lot it may help.

Leahruthie,
My heart goes out to you. So much stress, please try to stay strong. You are handling so much right now and then to have your vacation lost. Keep us updated you will be in my prayers.

GWE140,
Fantastic. To bad you didn't have someone to snap a picture when you tried
on that size 8, probably would have been a look of disbelief and joy on your face!

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 10-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #133  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Karen1234,
What does the metaquick entail I think I would like to try it.

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 10-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #134  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

thanks for the love, you guys <3
Old 10-14-2009, 06:00 AM   #135  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

Fifties Ladies - I am sorry you are having such a difficult time loosing the past few weeks...Last night our center had a very interesting class discussing Estrogen Dominance and its affect on the Endocrine System. They also discussed the Xenoestrogens in our systems. I thought about your tread here when the subject came up about how difficult it is for MRC clients who are having a very difficult time loosing weight on the program are most likely in the vicious circle of Estrogen Dominance. They handed out a MRC Hormone Imbalance Checklist to fill out...Maybe this is your challenge it might be worth discussing with your center about it...BTW they recommend two books to read on the subject (not sold by MRC) probably available in your local library if you are interested in reading about it: From Hormone **** to Hormone Well and From Belly Fat to Belly Flat - both by author last name Randolph. - Good luck and keep it up!

Last edited by GWE140; 10-14-2009 at 06:05 AM.
Closed Thread