Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:06 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 158/153/110

Height: 5'2"

Hello all,

Thank you reuselady for pointing me to these monthly discussion threads. I am so excited- I have lost 7 pounds and am about to leave the 150s for good... I am keeping my fingers crossed for that to happen next week... My goal for October is to lose 10 more lbs and lose at least 1 if not 2 pant sizes... Does this seem like a reasonable goal? What do you suggest I do/don't to stay on target?

Last edited by bthechange; 10-08-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:31 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
Noahsmama - have you tried the MRC vanilla wafers...? Well I did yesterday and I swear I felt so guilty eating them as they were so delicious and I totally got out of my system any feelings for wanting sometime extra sweet that the bars just wouldn't cut through, passed on my son's birthday cake tonight!. I don't know if anyone else likes the wafers but boy what a change of pace...just having them available for the day I just need to eat something extra sweet will keep me going strong...Like having your cake and eating it too!
Love, love, love the wafers!!!!!!!!!!! It is so like cheating. I advanced paid for a box a while back and everytime I have gone in since, they say they haven't received them. I think the gals at the center are muching them as they come in. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
First, I want to thank all you wonderful Ladies in sending me great B-day wishes. You are all so nice. And GWE, tell your son Happy B-day too.

Well, I decided to go WI today, shouldn't have...I gained a pound...and I didn't even have any B-Day cake...now that is a bummer. I did get Jeannie who signed me up and that was well worth going today. We talked for a good 30 minutes and that really helped me. She thinks I should try the MediQuick, so maybe if nothing improves by next week, I may have to give it a shot. I asked her about getting a Tanita reading and she was surprised that it wasn't done the first month. So I told her that the counselor said they don't do it until after two months....she wanted to know which one said that because it was not right. I couldn't remember. I also told her about the comment that Robin had to approve your chart for measurements, and that to was not correct. She was quite upset that I was told that by staff. She said I could get a reading anytime, but they should be doing it monthly, along with the measurements. She told me to let her know if anymore mis-information is given to me. So now I'm feeling much better, and that my feelings were validated.

My readings had not changed much from my very first readings, and it showed that I am dehydrated...how can that be with drinking so much water? So I will increase my water and HNS"s to 5 and see if I get some results. This was very depressing today....I could have at least remained the same instead of gaining. I will WI again Saturday and see if I get a loss this time.

It's a good thing I don't have any B-day cake around, because I would be so tempted to eat it all!!!
So sorry to hear you WI was not great. Sending you extra love.
At least you got validated on your times for measurements. Remember, you are a strong and beautiful woman. Numbers are an arbitrary thing. They only have meaning when we allow them to. How do you feel? Is your step a little bouncier, is your smile a little brighter? Is there a twinkle in that wonderful man's eyes when he looks at you? Or any number of things that talk about your place in the your universe and how it has improved? If yes to any, you are doing the right thing for you. Stay strong, my friend and those nasty numbers will fall in line!

I understand about the B-day Cake. I am hoping to be at goal before my B-day since there are three more after mine in January. Hard enough to say no to one but four? Fighting the carb cravings but feel like I am winning. Had some of the new chocolate pudding made into the little balls. They were ok but think I will use my creamies on hot chocolate instead!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
First, I want to thank all you wonderful Ladies in sending me great B-day wishes. You are all so nice. And GWE, tell your son Happy B-day too.

Well, I decided to go WI today, shouldn't have...I gained a pound...and I didn't even have any B-Day cake...now that is a bummer. I did get Jeannie who signed me up and that was well worth going today. We talked for a good 30 minutes and that really helped me. She thinks I should try the MediQuick, so maybe if nothing improves by next week, I may have to give it a shot. I asked her about getting a Tanita reading and she was surprised that it wasn't done the first month. So I told her that the counselor said they don't do it until after two months....she wanted to know which one said that because it was not right. I couldn't remember. I also told her about the comment that Robin had to approve your chart for measurements, and that to was not correct. She was quite upset that I was told that by staff. She said I could get a reading anytime, but they should be doing it monthly, along with the measurements. She told me to let her know if anymore mis-information is given to me. So now I'm feeling much better, and that my feelings were validated.

My readings had not changed much from my very first readings, and it showed that I am dehydrated...how can that be with drinking so much water? So I will increase my water and HNS"s to 5 and see if I get some results. This was very depressing today....I could have at least remained the same instead of gaining. I will WI again Saturday and see if I get a loss this time.

It's a good thing I don't have any B-day cake around, because I would be so tempted to eat it all!!!
FL - I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Very glad to hear that you got things straightened out at the center. You were getting some bad info from people and I'm glad that you were given the time you deserve to talk about things and get all of your questions answered. Let us know how it goes with the increased water and the 5 HNS's. I'll be thinking of you!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

Quote:

FL, I wanted to tell you thank you for getting the information yesterday and posting it. I go to the Lincoln center also, I haven't been measured or given the tanita and I'm on week 10. I'm going tomorrow and am going to ask for it.

Thanks again!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #80  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

FL, sorry your weigh-in didn't go how you'd hoped, but good for you for speaking up! i think that'll be good inspiration to the rest of us at the lincoln center to say something if we don't feel like we're getting the attention we deserve/pay for.

we're back in grand island, unfortunately. randy's heart stopped sometime last night and they had to do compressions, etc., to revive him. he's back now and is still alert and communicative, but the doctors' prognoses are getting more and more bleak. :\ it's so hard to see him doing so well on the outside but to know that things are such a wreck inside. seems unfair.

anyway, i think i've rid myself of all of my fast food weight from last week. i'll try not to put it right back on while we're here this weekend... just gotta plan ahead, maybe go to the nearby hyvee instead of a fast food place. argghghh.

oh and for all you nebraskans, GOOOOOO BIIIIIG REEEEDDD!!! let's beat the pants off mizzou tonight. they earned it. :P
Old 10-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Default Sick!

Hey folks, I have a question, I have been sick the last day or so and was unable to eat anything much less stay OP. The only thing I managed to get in me was 1 chicken soup supplement and I was pretty much in the bed and out of it for about 24 hours. Today I was able to eat and take my minerals and vitamins. I wonder if any damage was done as far as ketosis and weight loss. I didn't take any cold or flu stuff in case it would really mess me up. Anyone else been sick and not able to eat or take the HNS? Thanks in advance for any info anyone has!

Ronnie
Old 10-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #82  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Leahruthie, sorry to hear about what happened with your FIL. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen, good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you as I stay inside because of the cold wet weather here.

FL, so glad to hear you were able to get some information and it looks like you helped everyone out who goes to that center. I was really hoping you would have a good weigh in. I went to WI today and with the winter clothes, my one pound gain at home turned in to 2 there. Of course the metaquick was suggested again, but I don't know. I did it once a few months ago and didn't really see much of a difference.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! It's been a bit since I have posted but I have being feeling pretty terrible the past few weeks. I had what I thought was a stomache bug (a ton of upper tummy pain that lasted a week & a half.) It went away for 4 days and was back with extreme pain last night. Broke down and made an appt w/the doc today. He's thinking it might be an ulcer or my gall bladder. So I walked away with nexium & an appt for an ultrasound next week. He said he could tell I lost 30 lbs by the way my tummy skin looked and was very encouraging - told me to keep up the good work!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
Hi everyone! It's been a bit since I have posted but I have being feeling pretty terrible the past few weeks. I had what I thought was a stomache bug (a ton of upper tummy pain that lasted a week & a half.) It went away for 4 days and was back with extreme pain last night. Broke down and made an appt w/the doc today. He's thinking it might be an ulcer or my gall bladder. So I walked away with nexium & an appt for an ultrasound next week. He said he could tell I lost 30 lbs by the way my tummy skin looked and was very encouraging - told me to keep up the good work!
Glad to see you are back. Nice on the observation from the doc. Hope you feel better. Let us know how you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Hey folks, I have a question, I have been sick the last day or so and was unable to eat anything much less stay OP. The only thing I managed to get in me was 1 chicken soup supplement and I was pretty much in the bed and out of it for about 24 hours. Today I was able to eat and take my minerals and vitamins. I wonder if any damage was done as far as ketosis and weight loss. I didn't take any cold or flu stuff in case it would really mess me up. Anyone else been sick and not able to eat or take the HNS? Thanks in advance for any info anyone has!

Ronnie
A few of us have gone through some illnesses over the past few months. Take care of yourself first and the diet later. Drink plenty of fluids and now that you are eating again, eat things that are easy to digest. Then when you are back on your feet, start back on plan. Not sure how the off plan sick moments will effect your losses but you need to be healthy to get over this illness.
Feel better soon
Old 10-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the well wishes everyone... I'll run my heart out and think of all of you on the way... hopefully I can post results Sunday Eve when we get back. Have a great weekend everyone
Old 10-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Thanks for the well wishes everyone... I'll run my heart out and think of all of you on the way... hopefully I can post results Sunday Eve when we get back. Have a great weekend everyone
Karen...good luck on your run....I so admire you for doing this. We will be anxious to hear the results hopefully Sunday. You go girl!!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post

Ronnie
'

Ronnie...Oh I know what you are going through....I got it and it lasted about 10 days and really zapped my energy level. I could barely eat, so I came up with the Chicken/Veggies soup....I had that twice a day, and that's about it. I tried getting my water in, but that's about it. I know after talking with Jeannie yesterday over my plateau I seem to be on, she asked if maybe some of the cold meds I took might have something to do with it too. It really did set me back, but that was the first week of September, I would think it would all be out of my system by now?

You take care and just do what you can....it really is no fun. Get well soon.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
FL, sorry your weigh-in didn't go how you'd hoped, but good for you for speaking up! i think that'll be good inspiration to the rest of us at the lincoln center to say something if we don't feel like we're getting the attention we deserve/pay for.

we're back in grand island, unfortunately. randy's heart stopped sometime last night and they had to do compressions, etc., to revive him. he's back now and is still alert and communicative, but the doctors' prognoses are getting more and more bleak. :\ it's so hard to see him doing so well on the outside but to know that things are such a wreck inside. seems unfair.

anyway, i think i've rid myself of all of my fast food weight from last week. i'll try not to put it right back on while we're here this weekend... just gotta plan ahead, maybe go to the nearby hyvee instead of a fast food place. argghghh.

oh and for all you nebraskans, GOOOOOO BIIIIIG REEEEDDD!!! let's beat the pants off mizzou tonight. they earned it. :P
LeahRuthie....oh I'm so sorry about the news about your FIL....how scary for all of you. I hope he is on the road to recovery and will beat this. Prayers are being sent with you and Josh's family again.

Yes, I am feeling better after talking to Jeannie. She really is good. Just isn't in very much.

It's getting close for the BIG RED GAME....hope no one here is from Mizzou, because we are going to whip your "you know what"!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Glad to see you are back. Nice on the observation from the doc. Hope you feel better. Let us know how you are doing.

A few of us have gone through some illnesses over the past few months. Take care of yourself first and the diet later. Drink plenty of fluids and now that you are eating again, eat things that are easy to digest. Then when you are back on your feet, start back on plan. Not sure how the off plan sick moments will effect your losses but you need to be healthy to get over this illness.
Feel better soon

Lori...I thought that was "your guy" in the pic....good looking couple...if he showed a little jealousy when others hit on you, I think he better start admitting his true feelings.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepeanut View Post
FL, I wanted to tell you thank you for getting the information yesterday and posting it. I go to the Lincoln center also, I haven't been measured or given the tanita and I'm on week 10. I'm going tomorrow and am going to ask for it.

Thanks again!

Nepeanut....that is just not right. I would probably be in your place if I didn't ask for measurements about 7 weeks into program. You get results at your next WI and stick to your guns. I do hope Jeannie informs Robin about this.. and now that you are dealing with the same situation, it should not be happening. I just wonder how many who are not posting here are going through the same thing? I think it's time to have a meeting with their counselors and update them on the program. Keep me posted on how you come out. I hope you get Jeannie, that would really get the ball rolling if another client is experiencing this. GOOD LUCK!!!
Closed Thread