Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Personal update-I was summoned home to help with a couple of projects, and as we all now know, a trip home for me can introduce unforeseen/unnecessary challenges! It's so chaotic here, and there are just too many people in the kitchen. (The houseguests are still here...) But, I went to the grocery store early yesterday, bought everything I needed for dinner, prepared everything to be grilled, and left it in their hands. Apart from everything being doused in italian dressing before grilling, which probably wasn't on plan and was slightly disappointing for me, it worked out okay. I really thought they'd season it with something and spray with olive oil, but I was hesitant to do the seasoning because their diets are so limited. I was really eager to try the sea salt & olive oil grilled asparagus, but alas, it was not to be.

I ran into the center this morning for a quick weigh-in and to pick up another bottle of MRC-6. Despite the 4th of July debacle, I have lost another 3 lbs and 22 inches! I've actually lost more than that because I had been on plan several weeks before I was measured, but it is encouraging! And I just realized that it is almost lunchtime and I forgot to eat breakfast today. I'm getting off to a great start, aren't I? Better go do something about that. Cheers!
Keep your chin up. You are doing so good. Don't let your family be "feeders". You are strong! You can do this!
Old 07-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #137  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone Just have a few minutes but wanted to report in - I did wi this morning and lost 5 lbs since Wednesday!!! and I got to sign the 90 lb board (nice little b-day present to myself). Last night DH and I went shopping - I was looking for black capri's and was getting so discouraged. Everything was out in my size - DH said, well that's what happens when you are now a popular size. Anyway, I actually bought a size 10. I stayed in the dressing room forever trying on the 12 and 10. I felt like the 10 must be way too tight - although DH said they looked great. And I knew I wouldn't be happy with the 12 because I could pull them partly off without unbuttoning. So, I took a deep breathe and purchased the 10's. This morning I had to recheck the tag because the 10's fit so well I thought I had bought the 12's by mistake. Ok, I'm rambling. When I was married, I was a size 12, so I was haivng such a hard time wrapping my head around this size! They scheduled my pre-stabilization apt for Wednesday morning too! She did tell me I get new foods added when I get within 6 lbs of goal - so that matches what everyone else said. On a little high gotta get back to work!
Old 07-19-2008, 06:19 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgirl123 View Post
Hello Everyone! Welcome to the newbies. I went to my center to weigh in today and asked about the new flavors of HNS. The counselor said the new flavors are "Kiwi Melon" and Cranberry Tea". Yummo! She said she should have them in stock next week! Can't wait to try them! Have a Good Weekend everyone!
I've tried both! The kiwi melon was really sweet--like it should be a snow cone flavor. The cranberry tea had a more sophisticated flavor, and I might consider buying it in the future. I completely forgot about it when I was in the center this morning, though.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

theycallmemom-Give it some time and see if it clears up. My stomache was upset for about the first two weeks after I started this program, but it leveled out. This is the second time I have done this program (I had to stop mid-way into the first because my life got toooooo crazy), and it was like that the first time around, too. I've always attributed it to detox. I take a multi-vitamin, the flax, and MRC-6, and I'm not having problems now. (Also, don't forget your calcium 2x a day. I think the only source of it on this diet might be the cheese.)

Regarding self-esteem, I can't tell you how good it feels to start getting into clothes you haven't been able to squeeze into in a while and to start seeing definition in various places of your body! I told my mother earlier this week that I really felt like my self-confidence had skyrocketed in the time that I've been on this program. I'm actually spending time in my closet now thinking about options, whereas before I just grabbed a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and sneakers and headed out the door. Keep your eye on the prize!
Old 07-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #140  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Way to go on the #30 crystal !! Welcome to all the newbies!Sorry so short all, but my computer was down until now and im out the door at the moment just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a great weekend!By the way i did break the 213 mark today atb wi and lost 2 pounds Thanks for all the words of wisdom!!
Old 07-19-2008, 06:57 PM   #141  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Check out the Paper Towel theory that's posted on the main MRC page. I found that it made alot of sense, perhaps the inches are just a general even layer loss all over and accumulate
I think that's exactly it - they measure us in a LOT of places, so the inches add up, so if you aren't losing dramatically in one area (like I'd like to do in my belly, but don't), and they're all spread out pretty evenly, then it's a little harder to notice for awhile.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #142  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmemom View Post
Hey ya'll! Day 2 on conditioning for me. So far so good - I know its only the begining but I am so ready to do this!!!! Anyway - quick question, I am taking a store brand multi vitimin, and flax seed caplet (both of which my center said were great !!!) and the MRC-6, but something is totally upsetting my stomache! I think for lunch I will just take the MRC-6 and then for dinner just the flax, and then for breakfast tomorrow just the multi - and see if i can find which one is bothering me - Im gonna venture to guess its the multi cause when I was on a multi with iron befor it really upset my stomach......I will be so very upset if its the MRC-6 cause that one souunds like it has the most bang for your buck And since cost wise this program is way outta my league! I really really have to watch every penny!
If you're taking them before you eat (like MRC suggests), try taking them after. I can't take vitamins on an empty stomach, and the MRC hoodia bothered me too (I think it was the cayenne in it) - but if I take it after I eat I have no issues. It might not be their optimal way to do it, but it's better than feeling nauseous or not taking it at all.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #143  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Hi everyone Just have a few minutes but wanted to report in - I did wi this morning and lost 5 lbs since Wednesday!!! and I got to sign the 90 lb board (nice little b-day present to myself). Last night DH and I went shopping - I was looking for black capri's and was getting so discouraged. Everything was out in my size - DH said, well that's what happens when you are now a popular size. Anyway, I actually bought a size 10. I stayed in the dressing room forever trying on the 12 and 10. I felt like the 10 must be way too tight - although DH said they looked great. And I knew I wouldn't be happy with the 12 because I could pull them partly off without unbuttoning. So, I took a deep breathe and purchased the 10's. This morning I had to recheck the tag because the 10's fit so well I thought I had bought the 12's by mistake. Ok, I'm rambling. When I was married, I was a size 12, so I was haivng such a hard time wrapping my head around this size! They scheduled my pre-stabilization apt for Wednesday morning too! She did tell me I get new foods added when I get within 6 lbs of goal - so that matches what everyone else said. On a little high gotta get back to work!

U Go Girl!!!!!! Next time it will be 8's
Old 07-19-2008, 08:02 PM   #144  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Way to go on the #30 crystal !! Welcome to all the newbies!Sorry so short all, but my computer was down until now and im out the door at the moment just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a great weekend!By the way i did break the 213 mark today atb wi and lost 2 pounds Thanks for all the words of wisdom!!

Keep up the good work
Old 07-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #145  
Sandy

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/148 to 151

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ladies. Just a quick update. Went in for WI this afternoon. No suprise I haven't lost since last WI. I have been regularly excercising and I know my body. I build muscle really fast and since I have been really working the large muscle groups I know that's what's going on. Still it's discouraging to not see any scale movement........ and since my program is over on 8-1, as of tomorrow, I will be doing the MetaQuick.
I really want to see the 150s - so wish me luck!
I hope I don't get too hungry doing MQ.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #146  
Shannon

Hi everyone! I've been on a business trip since my birthday last Sunday and finally get to start my first day tomorrow! The days 1-4 are going to stink!!! But I am ready to start eating better. The business trip was terrible for food and now my body is screaming for something healthy!!! I gained my initial two pounds back, but at least I am not above my starting point. So I am adjusting my profile. It looks like everyone had great weeks while I was gone! Yippee for all of you! I will officially be joining all of you and I can't wait!! You have all inspired me!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #147  
Shannon

Hey, does anyone know the difference between sea salt and kosher salt? I have a ton of kosher salt and didn't want to have to buy sea salt.

Also, I forgot to buy oranges (I am supposed to have 1/2 each day for breakfast days 1-4). I have some strawberries. Will they be okay? I know most plans like strawberries because they are so low in sugars. Thoughts?
Old 07-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #148  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Thank you... And, congrats to you also! We're moving in the right direction now!!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #149  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Hey!

Thanks for the encouragement. I talked to a counselor today at WI about what it would take to get to stabilization and maintenance. She told me either the BMI had to be in a healthy range OR the fat percentage had to be healthy. My BMI is 27 & she said it needs to be between 23-25%. My fat % is 39.4 and needs to be down to 33%. If that's the case, I know I probably won't reach that by August 13. I was hoping they did some more contests so I could win more free weeks, but it doesn't look promising right now.

I will definitely check out Meemo's thread! Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not really sure what I will do yet. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens after that date. Thanks again for the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betcoleen View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I saw that you are finished the 2nd of August. In case you didn't get a chance to catch up on the other thread- Meemo has some great posts and advice about doing this on your own. And she has lost a ton. I wonder if we could get her to do some advice tips. She has helped me a ton.
So don't stress ...you can keep it up.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:34 PM   #150  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

This is awesome!!! I know how you feel because I about fainted dead away when I was able to get a pair of size 10 denim capris that weren't stretch! It's exciting to be in a "popular" size!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Closed Thread