Old 06-03-2017, 10:19 PM   #136  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWINCA View Post
Congrats Joann on the weight loss! What fantastic news!

I wanted to quickly report back on my experience with the Cali'flour pizza crust(s) that I ordered last weekend. I ordered them last Saturday. They shipped on Tuesday, and arrived on Thursday (I live in CA, and they shipped from CA). Unpacked them from the box, and placed them in the freezer.

Made the first "pizza" tonight-- Um, YUM!! We have a winner!
Thank you! I am pleased. I know of no other plan that would have taken off so much in such a short amount of time.

I am going to try those pizza crusts. Doesn't 1 crust count as 1/3 lean & green?
CTJGIRL119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:33 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 232/228/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Hi ladies-

On a whim, I broke down and ordered 4 packs (2 crusts/pk) of these Cali'flour pizza crusts today.

https://www.califlourfoods.com

I got 4 to get the total to $50 for free shipping. Shipping is $9.95 otherwise. I also used coupon code CALIGRILL they sent in an email for 20% off. Total came to $41.44, incl shipping for 8 crusts. That's only $5/each, which is pretty good, especially to satisfy my ever present pizza / cheesy breadstick cravings! I tried using recipes on Pinterest, but they are a pain. I prefer quick and easy!

The website says each crust is 1/2 lean and 3 greens for those on MF/TSFL.

Ingredients: Cauliflower, mozzarella cheese (pasteurized milk, cultures, salt, enzymes), eggs, basil, garlic.

EDIT: The whole crust is 180 calories, 6 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.

Of course, you have to add toppings, but a little red sauce, a bunch of veggies and a sprinkle of mozzarella will not add much. Will stay cautiously optimistic and report back in a couple weeks.
Joann- I included the text of the original post above. Each crust counts as 1/2 lean and 3 greens!

Last edited by TWINCA; 06-03-2017 at 11:53 PM.
TWINCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:46 AM   #138  

Quote:
Joann- I included the text of the original post above. Each crust counts as 1/2 lean and 3 greens!
Thank you! I will have to try those.
CTJGIRL119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:33 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 267/267/140

Height: 5"11"

Default Medifast Optavia

Any thoughts about the taste of the Medifast Optavia products?
cydmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:58 PM   #140  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydmed View Post
Any thoughts about the taste of the Medifast Optavia products?
There are many posts in the prior threads. I tried them all, and personally these are the ONLY ones I like:

- Chocolate cherry ganache bar
- Honey chili cranberry nut bar
- Cinnamon cream cheese swirl cake
- Buttermilk herb biscuit

For regular MF foods, these are my consistent "go to" foods:

- Chocolate pudding (!!!)
- Chocolate shake
- Vanilla Shake
- Apple cinnamon oatmeal
- Mashed Potatoes
- Beef vegetable soup
- Chicken noodle soup
- Brownie soft bake
- Peanut butter chocolate bar

Most of the items you can buy as a single item (not a box). They are about $0.20 more expensive, but worth it to try a bunch of stuff w/out the tragic situation of ending up with a box of stuff you hate.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-05-2017, 05:33 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 267/267/140

Height: 5"11"

Quote:
There are many posts in the prior threads. I tried them all, and personally these are the ONLY ones I like:

- Chocolate cherry ganache bar
- Honey chili cranberry nut bar
- Cinnamon cream cheese swirl cake
- Buttermilk herb biscuit

For regular MF foods, these are my consistent "go to" foods:

- Chocolate pudding (!!!)
- Chocolate shake
- Vanilla Shake
- Apple cinnamon oatmeal
- Mashed Potatoes
- Beef vegetable soup
- Chicken noodle soup
- Brownie soft bake
- Peanut butter chocolate bar

Most of the items you can buy as a single item (not a box). They are about $0.20 more expensive, but worth it to try a bunch of stuff w/out the tragic situation of ending up with a box of stuff you hate.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply. I tasted the ones you mentioned and I have also tried the traditional MF foods. I have an entire case of optavia products that I can't stand. I will look for prior post. Hopefully, there is advice on how to make them more palatable. I like the traditional MF foods with few exception so when I reorder, I will stick with the traditional foods.
cydmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:27 PM   #142  

Consider selling unused Optavia meals in eBay. You can generally get a pretty good return on them.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:14 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 208.4/179/160

Height: 5'2"

I am traveling this week for work so we shall see what that means in terms of food. Ironically one of my sons is also in Atlanta for work this week so I get to spend an evening with him. He normally lives 400 miles away from me.

Seeing #2 son is a little consolation for not yet having to been able to hold my grandson who was born Sunday. I had to be on a plane Monday so I decided to hold off hopefully until just this weekend to get my hands on that cutie. Unfortunately my lovely daughter-in-law has a not so lovely mother who has parked herself at their house for an indefinite time period. I've known this woman for nearly 25 years and she never changes. She literally took the baby from my son's arms during our video chat to have him hold the cell phone and she showed me "doctor tricks" and explained how to handle an infant. She tries my patience on so many levels.

My son (the new daddy) tells me just to wait until she goes home and then come as does my husband. They both tell me I'll just get frustrated and angry which is very true but should I let this woman have all of this precious time that can never be recovered with our shared grandchild just because no one wants to deal with her? I don't mind staying at a hotel (she has the guest bedroom and will have been there for over a week by this weekend....she only lives an hour away from them). My husband wants to go of course and has agreed to do whatever I want but thinks we should postpone. My son wants me to work from his house after his mother in law leaves. My husband and I have been apart for 5 full weeks now between his travel and mine. If I go and work from their home (5 hour drive from me), he won't be able to come and then we are spending week #6 apart. In the meantime, all I want is to see and hold this little one. First world problems!

I am still losing weight at a snails pace but that is to be expected being closer to goal. I am still happy with where I am but very cognizant of not slipping backwards. How many times has that happened? One burger and fries one time can't hurt, eat that bread and pasta, yes another drink please. I really just want to get to the point where I can listen to my body and not have to make that conscience decision every time I feel a hunger pang or am presented with a food choice. Maybe its a new normal I need to learn to live with. My new stretch goal is to get to 150 by the end of this calendar year. I don't know if that is even possible for me but I am going to give it a shot by being mindful and aware. I still do use the MF bars and shakes to get me through the everyday at home eating because I've found nothing else with as much nutrition and as little calories that keeps me full.

Stay the course everyone! And Laura, Come back! You've been gone too long. I miss your posts. I hope your back is improved!

Sheila

Last edited by sheilaE; 06-06-2017 at 06:15 AM.
sheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:32 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Sheila: I follow this thread although not doing Medifast (the eating plan I'm on is similar) and I say hold off on visiting. Even taking everything into consideration and I know you miss your husband, her mother will drive you crazy lol.

You sound like you're describing my brother's MIL! My mom went despite me saying she should wait until the other grandma left, this woman knows everything (eye roll) and all I heard was my mom complain about her. She'll probably want to show you how to "properly" give the baby a bottle lol.

Hold off then you can have all the uninterrupted cuddles you want!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:00 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 198.8/186.5/135

Height: 5'1

Default Newbie Here

Hi everyone, I am new to this site but not new to Medifast. I'm restarting after a 2 year hiatus. My last go round I lost about 50 lbs going from 185 to 135. I did not transition and gained everything back plus some. It pains me to write that. But I'm trying to stay positive--I lost the weight before and I can do it again. Hopefully the benefit of hindsight will help me be more successful this time.

I used to be pretty active in the Medifast-sponsored online community, but those message boards seem to be pretty quiet these days. I'm hoping I will find here a new community for support.

A little bit about me:
Heught: 5'1
Starting weight: 198.8
Goal weight: 135

I restarted yesterday. At this point I'm taking things hour by hour. Overall, I'm feeling good. No headaches and hunger hasn't been too terrible. I look forward to connecting with you all and sharing in each other's journeys in the days and months ahead.
huskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:48 PM   #146  

Sheila- Congrats on the new baby
Welcome Huskymom- I'm so happy you have joined this group

Update on my life. Well I decided to go ahead and order another shipment of medifast even know its not a good time..38 days until the big day. Finances are tighter and tighter. We possibly have to cut our photographer out which is devastating to me although the fiance doesn't seem to get it. Pushing to lose every last oince up until the final dress fitting on the 23rd and try to lose extremly slowly or just maintain thereafter until the wedding so the dress isn't too big or small. I feel like once the big day is over I can focus more without all the added stress and pressure
JEN.CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:26 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 198.8/186.5/135

Height: 5'1

JEN.CA - Nice to "meet" you and congrats on your upcoming wedding! I used Medifast for my wedding, too. It definitely worked. For whatever it's worth, something one of the counselors told me is that people tend to lose weight faster using the chewy bars and shakes.
huskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:50 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskymom View Post
JEN.CA - Nice to "meet" you and congrats on your upcoming wedding! I used Medifast for my wedding, too. It definitely worked. For whatever it's worth, something one of the counselors told me is that people tend to lose weight faster using the chewy bars and shakes.
How funny. We are very similar. I only use the shakes as they are all I really enjoy. I feel like once I got below 200 it started coming off muchhhhh slower. I really am starting to believe the more you have to lose the faster you'll lose it. I always here about people in the mid to high 200's losing much quicker. Kind of frustrating
Age 36
Ht: 5'2
SW: 204
CW: 180
GW: 150

Last edited by JEN.CA; 06-07-2017 at 04:50 PM.
JEN.CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #149  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hi there, quick check in as I'm in Canada. Last week I found out my brother who is battling cancer was down to 121 lbs and my husband suggested we drop everything and head north as my dad is also nearing the end of his life.

We got here and spent a couple of quality days with both my dad and brother. I wanted to say goodbye to dad as he is close to palliative care. My brother, on the other hand, I just wanted to check in on out of concern for his drastic weight loss as he was undergoing chemo. Little did I know our visit would occur on his last day. As we drove back to Virginia on Sunday, my sister-in-law called weeping to report that my brother died in his sleep.

I got home and immediately arranged to fly back up to Canada as I could not endure that drive again by myself.

I brought some Medifast foods but don't have much of an appetite. I'm staying with my mum to make sure she is okay before I fly back on Friday. I just want things to be normal again.

Glad to see you are all doing well. I've not weighed myself for a while, but I did gain a couple pounds when we came up last week.

Talk to you all soon when things calm down.
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:29 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 208.4/179/160

Height: 5'2"

Laura,
I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. It must be terribly difficult to have lost a sibling and know your father is nearing the end of his life as well. I wish peace for you brother, father and the rest of your family as you go through this difficult time.

Once again, I hear you talk of your considerate and intuitive husband. What a gift he is in your life. He seemed to know it was time for you to be with your family and he couldn't have been more on target. Thank goodness you were able to spend time with your brother and father. In the big scheme of things, the time away from work and the diet don't really matter. You are there with your family and especially your mother. How hard this must be for her!
Much love and best wishes!
sheilaE is offline   Reply With Quote