Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Medifasters Jump into January

Are you on Medifast or considering it? This is the thread to be in!

At the moment we are posting in this old thread but will all be here in two days.

Come and join us!

Old 12-30-2007, 07:05 PM   #2  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

I guess I am the first, but shhhhhhh it isn't January yet!
I've had a constant battle with my weight which seems like forever. I've lost alot of weight on different plans. They all work.
I like medifast because I don't have to count anything, add numbers or scan the supermarket for foods to eat. I shake it and drink it and that is it.
Of course I am hungry ( day two) because I've been slamming every christmas cookie and treat into my mouth for the last few weeks.
When I got on the scale yesterday I was horrified at the number and knew that I made the right choice. I need a quick loss for motivation only.
In the end as I've known many times before, it is the maintaining that is the hardest part.
Good luck to all
Keep shakin`
Old 12-31-2007, 11:03 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

January FIRST! 2008! This'll be the year that WE ALL DO THIS!!!
Whoo HOOOO!!!
--gaak -- too much egg nog flavor drops in my vanilla shake ---
Maya
Old 12-31-2007, 01:03 PM   #4  
Shrinky Dink

S/C/G: 215/157/142

Height: 5'8"

I'm so glad I found you! I decided to try medifast after losing about 45 pounds last year on another plan (and gaining 20 pounds back over the holidays). My doctor recommended medifast and after researching it online I think it is going to be a great choice! I'm excited to get started. My order should arrive on Wed. so I will be starting then! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Andie
Old 12-31-2007, 02:00 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

I asked this on another thread but will ask here just in case someone is on right now...

I am getting ready to order!

Few opinions please...

the oatmeal, any flavors you do like better than others? Any you don't like?

The chips and crackers, are they in place of a meal?

I read that Genie Francis mixes coffee into her vanilla shake. Anyone try this? I normally would never order vanilla but this sounds like it might be good.

How many puddings should I get? Do you have it every day?

The hot drinks, do you order them?

Lastly, any problems with auto ship??

Thanks!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:38 PM   #6  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

Default Hi Everyone!

I'd like to join your group. My name is Beth and I've been around 3FC for quite some time but never really posted about MF because it used to get a bad wrap. I'm so glad to have found you all.

A little about me... I live in the midwest but my DH and I are on a quest to move out of the snow belt. I'm 45 years old and work as an artist. My heaviest "recorded" weight is 235 but I'm very sure I hit waaaaaaaaaaay over 245 at one point. I started MF because my mom went on it at her doctors recommendation. She's now lost over 90 lbs. and is off her high blood pressure and diabetes medication. I was so impressed with her and how well she's done that I decided to go on MF myself. I started in April of 2006 doing the 5 and 1 plan and by November 2006 I'd lost over 50 lbs. I liked it because I felt like I didn't want to have to count calories or points. I think of it like "cat food". My cat eats what he gets and no more. That's how MF worked for me, it was my "cat food". Don't get me wrong, it wasn't always a bed of roses and I did have times where I went off plan and had to go through the dreaded first three days again but all in all I found it to be the easiest plan I've ever followed.

At 165 lbs (in November) I'd not hit my original goal but really needed to take a break from MF. During my losing phase I discovered and SCOURED 3FC to learn about maintenance. I discovered the whole foods and weight lifting sections. I learned what I needed to maintain my loss and have been really happy staying within 5 - 8 lbs. of my "stopping" weight.

I was not careful over the holidays this year and I'm back up to 178 so it's time to begin again and hit my original goal of 145 - 150 (I'm not really sure about that #). Today is day #1 AGAIN, LOL, and I'm excited to finally get to my goal weight. It's been fun to go from extremely tight 22's (should have been buying 24's) to loose 12's. I'd really like to get into single digits - if I can, that would be incredible.

Sorry for the lonnnnnnnnng post and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Beth

Last edited by CinnamonGirl; 12-31-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: edited for bad math :-)
Old 12-31-2007, 02:43 PM   #7  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

the oatmeal, any flavors you do like better than others? Any you don't like?

The chips and crackers, are they in place of a meal?...

The hot drinks, do you order them?

Lastly, any problems with auto ship??...

Hi Brooke,

I really like the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. It's the closest to "plain" for me but I always add extra cinnamon and 6 chopped pecan halves. (I deduct them from my lean).

The chips and crackers are not a meal. They don't have the same balanced nutrients that the meals have.

I love the Chai Tea.

Never used auto ship so hopefully someone else will chime in about that.

-- Beth
Old 12-31-2007, 04:09 PM   #8  
banned

Welcome all to the thread!
I know how you feel, my CinnamonGirl (LOVE THAT SONG!!! ALWAYS wanted to be a Cinnamon Girl!!!), as I hit my high over 243! Welcome and Happy New Year to all!
Maya
Old 01-01-2008, 07:04 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Here we go! Happy 2008!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:12 AM   #10  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

I see that a lot of people on 3FC are using Medifast. Can somebody tell me a little about it? Do you eat real food or just drinks and bars? Is it a jump start to quick weight loss or something you are on for a while?

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

BabyNicole, on the main 3FC Page, many of the diets are reviewed. Suzanne and Jennifer did Medifast. Click on this for their review.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #12  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
BabyNicole, on the main 3FC Page, many of the diets are reviewed. Suzanne and Jennifer did Medifast. Click on this for their review.
Thanks, that answered all my questions! I've decided that's not for me...right now anyway. But, GOOD LUCK to everyone!
Old 01-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #13  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonGirl View Post
Hi Brooke,

I really like the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. It's the closest to "plain" for me but I always add extra cinnamon and 6 chopped pecan halves. (I deduct them from my lean).

The chips and crackers are not a meal. They don't have the same balanced nutrients that the meals have.

I love the Chai Tea.

Never used auto ship so hopefully someone else will chime in about that.

-- Beth
I love love love cinnamon! I used to eat old fashioned oatmeal for breakfast every morning. No sweetener, just about a tablespoon of cinnamon per 1/2 dry oats. It was sooooo good!

Cinnamon is really good for you. It helps to control blood sugar levels.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #14  

Happy new year everyone!

May I join in on this thread? I'm re-starting Medifast today. I have three glorious days all to myself to settle in, and hope to be in the groove by Friday, when a fresh crop of hungry houseguests arrive!

I have been following the progress of Medifasters here for a while. What a great group, with so much success between you! So, you inspired me to place an order about two weeks ago...And here I am, ready to roll!

I have a feeling we all have a wonderful year ahead
Old 01-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #15  
banned

All are welcome, even if you PLAN to be on MF but haven't done it yet!!!
We can all DO this!!!
OK, so my exercise for today is SHOVELLING the driveway! Yup, around 5 inches so far, and more on the way! I'm out there every 2 hours to sort things out...
Anyways, Happy New YOU 2008 everyone!
Maya
Closed Thread