Old 10-02-2006, 11:50 AM   #31  

About how much does LAWL cost?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #32  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

CarolR - you pay for LAWL upfront based on the amount of pounds you want to lose. I had 30 to lose and at first they wanted about $500 but I didn't join on the spot and got a call to come in and got the program for $250. This included 15 weeks of counseling, 3 weigh ins per week (which really helps), and the planning tools (which consist of a diary and program plan book). You buy your own food, and they highly promote (and I personally really like) their LA Lite bars to ensure success with the program. The bars do cost about a dollar each and you eat 2 a day (bars or soups or drink mix can be used, but I use the bars). I bought bars in bulk to save money. This actually works out to be less expensive than WW.

Cassi - great picture! Hope you enjoyed your big weekend!

Rebecca - good to see you. I'm jealous of your Brazil plans...I wanna go! I have a Brazilian friend and told her about your friend's tatto "Made in Brazil" - that was you, right??

Sommer - Thrilled for you and Ryan. You've probably already got your wedding binder started....Ms. Organized.

Pearl - Wow - you're almost half way to your Christmas goal already. Now you sound like a very giving lady; I think you need to give yourself a little something when you reach that goal...any thoughts on that?

At the rate I'm going, I probably won't reach my goal until Sommer's wedding (we're all invited, aren't we??). Actually, I have 6 weeks left in my contract and my goal is going to be 10 lbs in those 6 weeks. It's quite an aggressive goal (for me), but I'm going to bump up my cardio and walk my doggies for 30 minutes every day from now until then (unless it rains). And I've sworn off alcohol until Thanksgiving.

Lisa - hope you're feeling better.......don't forget to plan and share your menu on the Daily Menu Thread. I'm all alone there today cause Cassi's playing hookie; but she'll be back. After all, I have to hear how the Parrothead party went.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

Jenni-thank GOD you got rid of that man! My best friend has a way of choosing really scary guys too, and now her latest guy is stalking her. Restraining orders are our friends!! Scary stuff. But just FYI, I gained .6lbs on my very first TO, but it did help control my cravings. Then I began to lose faster after the initial 2 days...so if you weighed yourself during those 2days it might be skewed...I don't know...I'm not a big fan of TO b/c of that.

Cassi-post something so I can see this new avatar!!

Evette-I'm SO jealous! I don't remember EVER being a size 5. I was a size 12 by the age of 13 and have just been going up since then. I'm currently a size 18. Gulp! That's difficult for me to admit!

Sommer-I'm still so happy for you! I don't even know you, and I've been in a good mood all day b/c of your news!

Michelle-good job staying OP! I'm sorry about all the stress. Hope things get better soon. Be proud of yourself though, if I found out all of that in one weekend, I'd probably be hitting the Ben & Jerry's pretty hard!

Welcome newbies! I'm fairly new myself (been doing LAWL since Sept. 20), but this is a wonderful resource. I'm somewhat addicted to this site.

WI again today. I'm thinking about moving to 2x/wk on Mondays and Thursdays, because I like to see a bigger jump in the numbers. I'm nervous for today, b/c I think I ate a little too much over the weekend. Not off plan, but poor decisions when it comes to portion size. We'll see...
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good afternoon girls! Been running errands all day since the office is closed for the holiday. I ended up having to work for about 6 hours yesterday, so the weekly errands are being done today. I guess the bright side of that is that DS is in daycare and I got to shop in a relatively empty grocery store.

Anyhoo... weekend was fun. I have NOT gotten on the scale and will not do so until tomorrow morning. We're all on for TO tomorrow, right? God knows I need it! DH said it was a weekend furlough (sp?). I had a conjugal visit with Taco Bell and lots of beer, LOL. And chinese food. It was bad. But since I've started, other than the planned vacation, I've only had a few slips. No binging or anything. DH said that if I have a "bad" weekend once every six months I shouldn't be worried. We should all be like that he said. He's so good at putting things in perspective. And also we knew that this was a planned cheat weekend.

So, back to business tomorrow morning!

I haven't read anything since Friday, so I'm going to go back and catch up with everyone.

Also, the new avatar was taken Saturday night before we went out. I put a "before" and two pictures from Saturday and one picture from last night on Webshots. I think if you click the picture Webshots will open and you can click "view album" or "view slideshow" or something to see the other pics.

bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Height: 5'5"

Carolr-the cost depends on if your COD has a sale going on or not. I was so horrified about how much I actually weighed vs. what was in my mind, that they probably got more money out of me that I should have paid. I ended up paying almost $1000 for the full 74 lbs that I wanted to lose. I still don't understand how they got that figure, I might ask today when I go in. They said it was $11/week, but that just doesn't add up at all... Hrmmmm...
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #36  

What about if you live way out in the country?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #37  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the support girls I'm not going to the COD til Friday. I can't handle anything else. HOWEVER my home scale was 4 pounds lighter than yesterday, so Whew!

Cassi- Holy Cannoli!!! what a hottie!!!

More later.... hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #38  

Joni- Yeahhh that definally is me... It seems like i go out of my way to find friends like that ...lol I have a pic of her tattoo in my phone I might just put it in here sometime. Its really cool... I am so excited about brazil, I can hardly wait, havent seem my family in 7 years!

Meagan- I also dont lose weight at TO but the following weeks are a lot faster, the last time I did it with egg whites and I lose 4lbs! I truly recomend it but to this day my stomach turns when i smell eggs!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #39  

BC talk _ Birth Control

I started taking Other Tryciclen Lo and was just wondering if any of you know about it... Its working out OK, but i am mostly concern about weight gain, any thoughts?
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Talking just a quick test to see avatar...

hi have a new number on my tracker,,WIll email more in a minute
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #41  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Cassi--I can't find the other photos of you. I firmly agree we all need the occasional splurge--life!

Rebeca--no idea on the BC but my new Doc. swears the new pills don't cause gain--who knows?? I HOPE they have improved them over the years!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Cool checking in with new pic, new wt. in my studio in Baja

Hee hee a face for bajachick...I could not find another. This is me in my studio in Baja,,Palm leaves on the roof. In a rural beach in Baja one hour from Cabo San Lucas. on the Gulf of Mexico. Rest of the time I live in Huntington Beach, Calif. I guess I need to do a bio..Now that I feel I have been hanging around awhile here..

After I retired...Yeh I am 59 and 5,7" about...anyway after I retired I took up pottery. I do mostly high fire and I am making 100 pitchers..Yes 100...In order to get really good at a piece..like pitchers...one should make 100......
So I am up to about 60.....

Anyway.. here is some news..My WI was this morning...Down 2.6.....So excited. It is working!!!!! So fun to change the tracker...yeh!!! 190 is only my first goal..Probably want to buy extra weeks and get lower,,we will see..Just happy now how things are going.

For other newbies....this way of eating really works. I feel better..not so bloated...thanks to all for your scontinued support!!!!
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #43  

OK... I've finally read through the posts... here are some personals.

Lea Ann – Sorry about the stupid scale at WI. Sometimes we gain right after a workout. Ok, I know it was only a mile, but you’ve been good, so I’m trying! WTG on the pizza, though. Sounds like a Carb Craver to me.

Reddeb – Do you have a pic of DD in her homecoming attire? Can’t wait to see. How was the Boca Burger?

Evette – YOU HOTTIE! SIZE 5?!?! WOW! YOU GO GIRL!
“Wow, thanks for answering her right away. I feel like you guys know so much about me....”
We’re the “Official Evette Fan Club”, remember?

Shannon – WTG on the loss! I’m so glad you pushed the COD to work for you.

Lori – Miss I-Lost-60-Pounds needs to change her avatar heading. You hit your 50lb mark a LONG time ago! Did you ever get that fire pit? Or are you still thinking what to get?

Kristi – Sorry your COD (and the ones around you) suck. Did they ever figure it out? I don’t know why they couldn’t have written it down to put in the computer later?!?!

MickeySue – WTG on navigating the buffet! And WTG on staying OP during your very stressful weekend! Great NSVs!

Carla, Margo, SAHM – Welcome to our little group.

Deb – WTG with date night. And the pizza is a Carb Craver! No harm, no foul! You rock! BTW, love the pics. The change in you is amazing! I don’t have that many pictures. I’ve been hiding until recently. Thanks for noticing the avatar. I uploaded it last night, but that was all I could do. Couldn’t even catch up on posts.

Nance – Seems like you’re doing great on handling yourself when you’re out with friends. I need some of your will power dust!

Jenni – You have done so well focusing on yourself and keeping OP since your breakup. I am so proud of you! I’m sure that keeping your focus is helping you be a better mom, too. Hang in there, and just be glad you didn’t marry him!

Sommer – I was looking at my past menus since I know I need a kick in the pants after this weekend. What works for me is what I always seem to go back to:
Lunches I alternate between tuna salad and veggie burgers on pita or tortillas with a salad and salad spritzer and baby carrots. For dinner, it’s the tilapia a couple of times a week, and grilled chicken. Taco salad and grilled chicken salads like the BBQ chicken salad is yummy. Eat your fruits before 5:00.

Rebeca – Welcome back! We’ve missed you!

Kristi –WTG on dinner! Sounds like you’re doing a lot better at staying strong on the weekends. Those Levi’s will be on you in no time!

LJ – Hang in there. I know it seems like you can’t move forward, but I know that you have it in you!

Pearl – 21? You are WAY too kind! So… what ARE you going to do for yourself when you get to your Christmas goal???

Joni – I’m checking in! Parrothead party was fun. The two bands were good. We won two tickets to see Marie Osmond’s Christmas show the day after Thanksgiving. This is something I wouldn’t go line up for, but since she has a good voice and it’s free, it will make a good date night for DH and I to get us in to the holiday spirit, and before all of the rush of the holidays. We have Hanukkah, DS 3rd B-da6 12/18, Christmas, New Years, and at least four parties. Ugh… I’m putting on weight just thinking about it! We also entered an auction for a “family pack” that we won. We got two tickets to the Miami Seaquarium and a free swim with the dolphins session, a night at a Holiday Inn in Orlando, which we will use to take the kids to Sea World, four tickets to our minor league baseball team, with a “bat boy for a day” pass. DH is going to use that to raffle off to his kids, since he teaches third grade. We also got tickets to a couple of other parks. It was pretty cool. I drank A LOT, and enjoyed each and every beer. We started a conga line, and just had a great time in general. It was nice to be out with grown ups for a change. Now it’s time to behave until the Jimmy Buffett concert 11/14.[/B][/FONT]

Oh yeah, one more thing. The jeans I have on in the picture taken yesterday are 18s. Not 18W, but just 18. From the regular section of the store! I bought another pair today. 18 off the rack. Didn't even try them on until I got home and they fit too![/B][/FONT]

SIZE=2]Thanks everyone for the avatar compliments![/SIZE]

Last edited by bizlawchik; 10-02-2006 at 02:34 PM. Reason: I typed this in Word and then pasted it. Sorry for the "font' crap!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #44  

Lea Ann - Click the picture in the bottom of the message, not the avatar. If nothing happens, try clicking the picture while holding down your "CTRL" key. Then a new window should open.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #45  

Katie - I saw you post in the past few days. Come out and play - we miss you!!!!