Old 10-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #46  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All...

Went to WI last night and the scale read a 1 lb gain from Saturday morning. I don't feel bad about it because I knew it would be up. When I went to COD Saturday morning I went first thing, before breakfast, just got up, showered, and walked to the center. Last night I had had breakfast, lunch and 40 oz of water already. So I'm taking that as a good sign. I'm hoping now to be able to get the scale back down that 1 lb by Thursday, and then go back to the COD first thing this Saturday and use that as my regular weight. In all, I know I've lost because last night's WI is still lower than the last time I went to the COD at night. Does any of this make sense? Probably not .

Andi - Best of luck to you and your DD on your first week on plan.
Repo - I hear ya about the exercise, and excuses. When you're ready, you'll do it. I just started my regimen, and I'm sorry but I do not like to exercise. I think I'm coming around though, because I DO like the feeling of accomplishment I feel after every workout, especially after a strenuous one. But I am not at the point where I look forward to working out, and I'm not sure if that day will ever come. I kinda see it as a necessary evil, like waxing!

Last edited by Chklithunder; 10-04-2005 at 11:13 AM.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:07 PM   #47  

Hey chicks!

Went for my WI today -- woohoo - I'm down to 187.2!!!! I'm down 1.2 since last Friday - only 3.2 from gold (should that be good or bad??) I have to calculate it, but I think I'm halfway down. ..

Carmen and Katie - I'm with you on the exercise excuses -- it's amazing how the day passes -- I think I spend much too much time on email and other online stuff.

Katie - I think breaking out of the 200's is a terrific goal - I had that goal for months! Now, it's breaking out of the 180's -- I just drop it each time I hit a 'decade'.

Beth - I know what you mean about not seeing ourselves in the right size - the best thing I ever did was to go shopping with a friend a few months ago -- she had me try on things I'd never have thought of.

Mary - did you have TMJ?

Sy - thought of you when I was at COD today - they have a new leaflet with holiday recipes -- OMG - there was a recipe for HAM. Low sodium of course, but with some sort of glaze - counted as a protein and a fruit.

Hugs to all you other chicks!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:31 PM   #48  

Julie: You must have been reading my mind on the ham. Today, in our cafeteria they were serving hot carved ham sandwiches (I swear, I was only in there to wash my romaine lettuce in the sink!) and I was thinking, boy that would be awesome if it was on plan. I"ll be on the lookout for the holiday booklet. Congrats at being down again! Girl, you are on a roll!

Carmen: I normally go to the COD on my way home from work in the PM. I did go a couple times in the AM and was pleasantly suprised by the scale, until the next time I went back to going in the PM. Glad you expected to see that on the scale.

Hey Julie, and others about TMJ. I was thinking that I may have it, but haven't done anything about it yet. The past couple weeks I keep having a pain on the left side of my head, under the ear area. It's very strange, and doesn't hurt constantly - just every once in a while I get a sharp pain. I keep feeling around that area and there is nothing that is painful to touch. I do grit my teeth in my sleep at times, so wondering if the grinding finally doing some damage to something other than my teeth? It's been about a week or two, if it doesn't go away or gets worst, I'll make a doctor's appointment.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:49 PM   #49  

About the TMJ - about 10-12 years ago I had several severe bouts with what I thought were sinus headaches. So bad that I was in tears. I'd even tried filling the bathroom with steam to clear any blockages. I went to the doctor, he looked around, put his hand on the side of my mouth, made me open and shut a few times, and asked how long it had been since I'd been to the dentist. (well, THEN it had been several years - I go much more frequently now!)

It turned out that I had wisdom teeth that were coming in crooked,and it was affecting my bite, and getting those removed and other dental stuff has cured the headaches.

I am no dentist, but I do think that you can get an idea if it's a TMJ sort of problem if you put your hand next to your face while you open and shut, and you can feel if the jaw moves side to side, or doesn't feel like it's in alignment.

Keeping your teeth clenched, and grinding at night can affect this, as it'll change your bite.

Once again, I'm repeating this from memory, so my info may be wrong, or way out of date.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:04 PM   #50  

Hey Gals,
Can someone on the current plan explain "carb craver" meals to me. How do you count them, and how often can you use them? I was on the old Gold plan and a lot has changed.
Thanks
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:08 PM   #51  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all

Today is my last day at work...lots to do still, but i won't have internet access until i get to CA, so i wanted to say hi to all of you and i'll check back with you when i get home. Woo hoo to all you losers and thank God it's a new month! I'm going to get serious when i get home. Until then...
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:55 PM   #52  

Good luck with your move, Michele!
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:18 PM   #53  

First day on the gold plan and I nearly cried over my lunch, I swear I did. I've never been so happy to see a carbohydrate in my life! My mouth even made those "yummy" noises without my being able to help it! Who could have known that a Lean Pocket could be so greatly appreciated?

I went to the grocery store today to stock up on program foods and felt like I was in diet prison. I moaned and groaned to myself and seriously considered calling a friend of mine who is a lawyer to see if he could help me get my money back - I was sooo hungry! I would have met him at Schlotzskys!

However, I ran into a friend of mine from church while on the salad dressing aisle. She saw me with my booklet and said, "What are you doing?" I told her I was too embarrassed to say. She said, "No, tell me, I'm a diet junky." After I told her, she grabbed me by the arms and said, "I am sooo jealous! You are going to get so skinny! Do you know so-and-so? (they're from our church, too) She's lost 25 pounds and he's lost 75 pounds on LAWL. Another one of my friends is buying a franchise because they've all lost weight on it!"

She was just what I needed!

I know the biggest problem here is the fact that my former diet was pretty much all starchy stuff. I really do miss it, too.

Still, I think that if I give this time - even if I have to grit my teeth, those desires will diminish and I can cultivate some new favorites. At least, that is what I hope!!

Anyway, I'm off!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:46 PM   #54  

Height: 5' 4"

Andi, I'm glad that you ran into someone that brought up your motivation. I did the same thing when I started LAWL. I was in tears trying to shop at the grocery store. I had my family even helping me, it was horrible. I didn't even know what some of those things were, like Melba Toast--I had no idea even where to look. Actually, my entire family will eat Melba Toast with me now. Isn't it strange how the unknown becomes so familiar. It takes time to get used to everything, but I am sure you will be fine if you stay dedicated.

Kind of think of it as you are starting something new: a new job, a new relationship, a new class, a new town, etc. We are all scared in the beginning and want to quit as soon as it becomes the least bit difficult. We humans do not like change. Why do you think we avoid change so much?
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #55  

Bye Michele,
Have a fun, safe trip with mom. Let us know you get there safe!
Hugs and best of luck......
Star
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:36 PM   #56  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Thank you Star! You are so sweet ((((Hugs))))
p.s. try again with the PM if you want, i cleaned my box so i can receive now.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #57  

Mary:

I always put splenda in my hot lemon water. It yums it up for me!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #58  

I have found that it is very hard to cook for my family something that is not OP and resist. It's much easier to try to prepare things that are OP. One night recently I fed my family something and I had chicken instead. My 8 yr. old said. "Is it okay for us to eat this?" Sometimes I think I don't want to punish my family for my own diet choices, but I probably should just make their food just as healthy, so they see healthy eating habits.
My husband actually likes his food to be prepared healthily instead of cooked with "fatback" like his mom cooks it. His mom's food tastes cook, but after you eat all that grease, your insides feel terrible!!!!!!
Just a thought.

Just a thought
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:53 PM   #59  

Mary- How's Eli's wee-wee?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:36 PM   #60  

Mary,
I am so glad you mentioned the hot lemon water. I had a cup in the microwave and forget about it until I read your post. I put lemon juice from a bottle in my water. Do you think it is effective as a real lemon?
emmabenmom is offline   Reply With Quote