Old 04-19-2017, 08:33 AM   #286  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Glad to report that my weigh in was good -- back to where I was 2 weeks ago after failing to follow protocol. Two weeks of my journey lost just because i did not do what I knew I should be doing.

So this week I am back on track - and this morning I delved into new pounds for this reboot -- just a smidge less than 30 lbs down since I began in early January. And only 4 pounds to One-derland. What an accomplishment that will be - I just need to stay the course and I will get there.

I am glad to be in good company here in this group - but I do hope the falls into the Easter candy for some of you do not result in 2 weeks lost for everyone who indulged - After a week of cutting corners on the protocol, I then gave in to the old "Well I am out of ketosis so I might as well enjoy some good stuff before I get back on the wagon". And that gave me an extra couple pounds - and it took another week to get back to ketosis and lose the 4 lbs I had picked up on my adventure of straying off the path.

Gotta trust the process and stay with it -- the results are so predictable when we do.
Glad to hear it! I am still working on getting my gain from Feb off. I don't know if I will quite make it by Sat when I weigh myself completing 8 weeks on the reboot. I was 3 pounds away last Saturday from where I was on Jan 28. But, I am due for a big loss so it is possible - I hope so! Then, I have another 3 pounds to get back to where I was pre-holidays. Then, I can start chipping away at the remaining 10-20 I want to lose (20 if I choose to get back to where I was at when I did the program the first time). I can't yet tell if my weight loss has slowed because I used to weigh monthly and now I am weekly so I need a few more weeks to have a comparable comparison (eliminating losses due to water/carb). I just know the last 2 weeks have been small losses 1.5 and 1.9 so I'm hoping this week is more like 3. I wasn't tempted by Easter as I had my splurge in Feb. I am going strong. And, I like the mini-milestone I reached of finishing off the 6 weeks of IP food I bought and I currently like the freedom/convenience of the recent switch to alternative products so that is adding some variety and creativity after 2 months which keeps me motivated.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Ro22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Congrats! Little by little we go a long way.
yes... slowly but surely. This time I am exercising more!
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:50 PM   #288  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Ro22 -- so glad you are back on track - fingers crossed for some whoosh for you this week!

NSV for me today -- I have been wearing pants with elastic waists -- 1X's with a lot of stretch - for almost a year. Today I was able to put on a pair of Dream Jeans with button and fly --size Petite 16.... so nice to wear my favorite style of jeans and know that the 14's and 12's are waiting for me, and maybe I will have the pleasure of buying a new pair of 10's before all is said and done.

It's amazing how small successes feel so rewarding!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:05 AM   #289  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Ro22 -- so glad you are back on track - fingers crossed for some whoosh for you this week!

NSV for me today -- I have been wearing pants with elastic waists -- 1X's with a lot of stretch - for almost a year. Today I was able to put on a pair of Dream Jeans with button and fly --size Petite 16.... so nice to wear my favorite style of jeans and know that the 14's and 12's are waiting for me, and maybe I will have the pleasure of buying a new pair of 10's before all is said and done.

It's amazing how small successes feel so rewarding!
That is awesome especially given the recent misstep. Keep it up! I think it proves that getting control back quickly can be easily overcome but if we don't get back on track quickly then we have so much more work to do to recover and feel good about results.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #290  

Hi Everyone! I hope your day is going well.

Today is my birthday and I am really struggling to stay on protocol.So far, I've done really well- I've already passed up ice cream cake, cupcakes and donuts (not all related to my birthday!), but a friend sent me a "bouquet" of chocolate covered strawberries today for my birthday and they look so yummy. Chocolate covered strawberries are my kryptonite! I am trying to make good decisions here, but this a hard one!!

Edited to say: The friend did not know I was re-booting- I should have told her!

Last edited by StormyS; 04-20-2017 at 12:11 PM.
StormyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #291  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post
Hi Everyone! I hope your day is going well.

Today is my birthday and I am really struggling to stay on protocol.So far, I've done really well- I've already passed up ice cream cake, cupcakes and donuts (not all related to my birthday!), but a friend sent me a "bouquet" of chocolate covered strawberries today for my birthday and they look so yummy. Chocolate covered strawberries are my kryptonite! I am trying to make good decisions here, but this a hard one!!

Edited to say: The friend did not know I was re-booting- I should have told her!
Happy Birthday!!!!
Old 04-21-2017, 09:59 PM   #292  

Quote:
Happy Birthday!!!!
Thanks!
StormyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:04 AM   #293  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

I thought I had a chance to get back to my weight that I was at prior to my month-long binge that led to the current reboot. I was mistaken in what I weighed so it looks like I need another week to get to where I was. That's ok as I am feeling great.

I lost 2.4 pounds this past week which is my highest loss in last 3 weeks - 1.5, 1.9 and 2.4. I am 2.3 pounds away from where I was on Jan 28 and I am an additional .9 pounds from my pre-holiday weight so I am a total of 3.2 pounds away from getting to the point where I can start losing new weight to get to my goal of "10-20 pounds more after the holidays". I wish I would have realized sooner the full extent of the damage I was causing on the binge but I didn't and now I am taking care of things. But, I can't help thinking that I could be at maintenance now if I hadn't done that.

I'll keep pushing through as I feel very strong to get to that goal. I have surgery on Thursday so I have to stop taking the supplements today - I hope almost a week of no supplements will not cause any ill effects as I have a busy week with an important out of state work conference M-W prior to Thursday's surgery. I had my first skinny feeling week in 2 months so I feel pretty good today and ready to take on the week to come. I hope you are all going strong on your reboot!
Old 04-22-2017, 09:32 PM   #294  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

I have lost 62.4 pounds since the end of June last year. I have been taking breaks along the way for holidays and family celebration, etc. As of today, I am 25 pounds away from my weight when I did IP the first time in 2014/2015.

I am going to start counting down from 25 - it is a little trick I'm going to do because saying I have 25 pounds to lose sounds a lot easier than I have the remaining weight to lose on almost 90 pounds. I have been doing this on and off for so many months back to June that I think this simple technique will spur me on!
Old 04-23-2017, 10:17 AM   #295  

Default Ro22

Quote:
I have lost 62.4 pounds since the end of June last year. I have been taking breaks along the way for holidays and family celebration, etc. As of today, I am 25 pounds away from my weight when I did IP the first time in 2014/2015.

I am going to start counting down from 25 - it is a little trick I'm going to do because saying I have 25 pounds to lose sounds a lot easier than I have the remaining weight to lose on almost 90 pounds. I have been doing this on and off for so many months back to June that I think this simple technique will spur me on!

I am doing the same thing. It's "The Final Countdown" lol! My weigh in is tomorrow. I am excited for it. I went to baby-shower yesterday, there was so much food, but it didn't bother me... yes!
Old 04-23-2017, 02:34 PM   #296  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
I am doing the same thing. It's "The Final Countdown" lol! My weigh in is tomorrow. I am excited for it. I went to baby-shower yesterday, there was so much food, but it didn't bother me... yes!
Way to go!!! I feel very strong to get to the extra 25 too! Normally, I push my way through to my final goal as I usually want to get all weight off in shortest time possible. But, when I did IP the first time, I got rather ill and doctor told me that I should have cycled off for a month after 3 months vs doing this consecutively for 6 months so that worries me so this time I did what he said - he told me this protocol is great but he said they take too much of a cookie cutter approach and he counsels his patients to a more individual approach. I stopped seeing him because I wasn't comfortable with what he prescribed to me based upon my illness but I did select some of his advice to follow that i agreed with.

A new week started for me yesterday so I am 1.5 days into my 25 pound goal! That feels very manageable!

Here is something else I noticed about cycling - when you diet for so many months consecutively, you are more accepting of a higher weight goal to stop but if you cycle then setting a lower weight goal seems easier. I guess I should only speak for me vs a general statement so I'll just say this is true for me. After 4.5 months of dieting last year, I said I could be happy to maintain the weight I was at. However, now that I back at that weight, there is no way...I want to be lower - I will listen to my body but right now I want that goal to be 25 pounds less from where I am which is what I attained last time and I think that is a more appropriate weight for me even though I can easily carry an extra 25 pounds because of my athletic build.

Last edited by Ro22; 04-23-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:38 AM   #297  

Weigh in was fabulous this morning. I lost 1 pound. My clothes feel better and I am excited.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:51 PM   #298  

Hi, I just spoke to a friend who followed the IP diet, I m following a similar diet. I joined a weight management program, & the doctor there has put me on an 800 calorie diet. No ketosis(600 cal diet) since i m a vegetarian. Basically she has asked to cut all direct carbs like rice wheat, grain & eat lentils, vegetables, salad. Basically no grains, no potatoes, no bheet, no banana, no mango. Is that safe to do it over an extended period of time ? I want to lose 60 lbs. did you guys have any side effects coz of it ?

I started it 13 days back & have lost 5.5 lbs. Is that safe ? & she is giving me high dosage of chromium, Calcium Pyruvate & multi-vitamins. Will it stress my body or will these help my body ? pls help, I m worried if I should continue this over a month or not ?
Rituv13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:53 PM   #299  

Red face Help me pls

Hi, I just spoke to a friend who followed the IP diet, I m following a similar diet. I joined a weight management program, & the doctor there has put me on an 800 calorie diet. No ketosis(600 cal diet) since i m a vegetarian. Basically she has asked to cut all direct carbs like rice wheat, grain & eat lentils, vegetables, salad. Basically no grains, no potatoes, no bheet, no banana, no mango. Is that safe to do it over an extended period of time ? I want to lose 60 lbs. did you guys have any side effects coz of it ?

I started it 13 days back & have lost 5.5 lbs. Is that safe ? & she is giving me high dosage of chromium, Calcium Pyruvate & multi-vitamins. Will it stress my body or will these help my body ? pls help, I m worried if I should continue this over a month or not ?
Rituv13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:34 AM   #300  

Default Ro22

Quote:
Way to go!!! I feel very strong to get to the extra 25 too! Normally, I push my way through to my final goal as I usually want to get all weight off in shortest time possible. But, when I did IP the first time, I got rather ill and doctor told me that I should have cycled off for a month after 3 months vs doing this consecutively for 6 months so that worries me so this time I did what he said - he told me this protocol is great but he said they take too much of a cookie cutter approach and he counsels his patients to a more individual approach. I stopped seeing him because I wasn't comfortable with what he prescribed to me based upon my illness but I did select some of his advice to follow that i agreed with.

A new week started for me yesterday so I am 1.5 days into my 25 pound goal! That feels very manageable!

Here is something else I noticed about cycling - when you diet for so many months consecutively, you are more accepting of a higher weight goal to stop but if you cycle then setting a lower weight goal seems easier. I guess I should only speak for me vs a general statement so I'll just say this is true for me. After 4.5 months of dieting last year, I said I could be happy to maintain the weight I was at. However, now that I back at that weight, there is no way...I want to be lower - I will listen to my body but right now I want that goal to be 25 pounds less from where I am which is what I attained last time and I think that is a more appropriate weight for me even though I can easily carry an extra 25 pounds because of my athletic build.
I totally understand. I am focusing on my exercise this time around. I know that the first two weeks they suggest that you do not exercise due to the body fat loss? I cant remember, but I know that its because we are only eating 900 calories or less and we may get dizzy and such. I added the "map my run" app and have been running and walking at lunch. (every other day). I need to get back to the gym to do weights.

When I lost the weight the first time around I was also happy with the weight I was at and could live with it too, this time I am focusing on how to put the meals together and get creative. Last time everything was so... bland and didnt venture out into different recipes and such. So a different plan this time. I am taking pictures too!!!
have a great day!