Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Hi all posting this am from the hospital so not good news...complications yesterday left hubby with an air bubble in the lung. waiting on x ray now to see if he can come home today. they did get a 4 inch sample of rib out yesterday and it is off to Harvard Medical for evaluation. We have a follow up appointment on the 4th and hopefully we will have an answer then. DH is in a ton of pain and did not sleep well last night in the hospital bed. Hopefully they will spring him soon and he can get some sleep at home.

Thanks guys for all the thoughts and prayers... I really appreciate them. I did manage to stay OP yesterday. Had enough food with me and grabbed a salad for dinner. Did eat an extra restricted or too because that is what I had that was portable, but in the end not the worst thing in the world for the situation I was in. My Aria still has a 1 as the first number LOL...actually it was 194 this morning, but I am sure that is a false reading as I didnt nearly get enough water in me yesterday....
Old 05-23-2015, 08:45 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Hi all posting this am from the hospital so not good news...complications yesterday left hubby with an air bubble in the lung. waiting on x ray now to see if he can come home today. they did get a 4 inch sample of rib out yesterday and it is off to Harvard Medical for evaluation. We have a follow up appointment on the 4th and hopefully we will have an answer then. DH is in a ton of pain and did not sleep well last night in the hospital bed. Hopefully they will spring him soon and he can get some sleep at home.

Thanks guys for all the thoughts and prayers... I really appreciate them. I did manage to stay OP yesterday. Had enough food with me and grabbed a salad for dinner. Did eat an extra restricted or too because that is what I had that was portable, but in the end not the worst thing in the world for the situation I was in. My Aria still has a 1 as the first number LOL...actually it was 194 this morning, but I am sure that is a false reading as I didnt nearly get enough water in me yesterday....
Oh Sue! Sorry to hear DH is in so much pain. That's heartbreaking. But glad that you are by his side to give him the support he needs. Bless you both and I hope he is feeling well enough today to go home. And look at you, rockstar. Not going on a food bender during such a stressful time! You amaze me.

Keep us posted and we are here to lend an ear if you need one. xoxo
Old 05-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #228  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Sue, I am so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts are with you. I am amazed you've been able to stay OP during all this. Stress like that can knock a lot of people off their program. Boy once health issues like this pop up, everything else pales by comparison.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-23-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:28 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Sue - sorry y'all had a bad night, hope you can get out of there today!! Great job staying OP - in the grand scheme of things your body probably needed extra carbs yesterday for the stress

Cheryl - the gynema isn't killing my appetite (I don't think it's supposed to), but I feel like it's been helpful in keeping me from wanting sweets.

Ro - welcome back!! You've had so many ups and downs, I'm glad to see you're sticking to it and figuring out what works for you.

Went to watch our local baseball team last night. Found that I was able to eat a good dinner beforehand, prepped pudding to eat when we got home, and was just fine at the game - drank my water and all was well. Ballpark snacks are way over priced anyway! Found out last time we went that one of the stands actually sells a salad - about a cup of lettuce with a about a tablespoon worth of diced ham, cucumber and tomato - $7!!
Old 05-23-2015, 12:17 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Sue, sorry for the complication and pain your DH is experiencing. I hope that he is well enough to go home today and recovers quickly. Hopefully there is good news too when the results for the sample are ready.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Major NSV today. I was playing dress up in my closet this morning and tried on a couple items that I've held on to for 25yrs. This morning I fit into a dress that I wore on one of my first dates with my DH (boyfriend at the time) and 2 suede skirts I'd held on to since I was 18yo. OMG. They. Fit.

I don't know why I even held onto these pieces. Maybe eternal wishful thinking or expensive for the time. I am just floored. As far as I am concerned, scale or no scale, I hit goal this morning. Never in a MILLION years did I think I would ever put these clothes on...or maybe I did. Why would I hold onto them otherwise. Big day for me. This last week or so has been very emotional. I finally have accomplished something I've dreamed about and struggled with for 20yrs.

God, I don't want to gain this weight back. I just pray I can continue to be strong as I continue to work the program. I have a lot of incentive at the moment. I need to hold onto this feeling.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Sue, still keeping you and your DH in my thoughts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (21.7 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by CenTXChk; 05-23-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #232  
Serial Dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Major NSV today. I was playing dress up in my closet this morning and tried on a couple items that I've held on to for 25yrs. This morning I fit into a dress that I wore on one of my first dates with my DH (boyfriend at the time) and 2 suede skirts I'd held on to since I was 18yo. OMG. They. Fit.

CenTxChk! You rock!! You look amazingly great. I love the story, so inspirational. That dress is so fitted that you can't hide anything about your body shape, so it just goes to show how slim you have become.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-24-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:38 PM   #233  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Ro22 -- glad to hear from you - it has been weeks -- come on back to the main path on your journey - we miss you, and you deserve to complete this and get to goal and phase off properly! You have worked so hard to get this far!!

Sue - I am so sorry to hear that your husband is in pain and things did not go totally smoothly. I certainly hope he will feel better soon - I am with you on the idea of better sleep and rest at home than in the hospital -- I hope you have been able to get him home and that things are settling down. Also crossed fingers for good results from Harvard Medical - great that you are able to get the pathology report from there. Hang in - we are all thinking of you and sending good vibes.

CenTxChk - VaVoom in that white dress! It take hutzpah to carry off any outfit in white, regardless of weight/size.... and you look terrific!!!
I love fitting into old favorites -- I have a couple that I have yet to resurrect and try on.... and I am still trying to get into my wedding dress. My midriff is just not toned and slim enough yet. But it is such a rewarding experience to fit into the smaller sizes from the past!!! Congrats!!

Jen - that gynema sounds so interesting -- my issue is more cravings that true hunger, I think. But we'll see how you feel it after a couple of weeks. Looking forward to benefiting from your experience!!

I had coupons for Drapers and Damons so I went back there today and ran into a major sale.... I picked up a London Fog navy with small white polka dots raincoat (trench style) for $25, It is too cute for words -- a great look to wear on a gray rainy day! I exchanged some of their Slim-sation pants for the Petite Medium instead of Petite Large, and found a couple of nice tops on sale. I really need to chill on the new clothing for awhile.... but I have to say it sure is fun to try stuff on, have it fit, and see how you look!

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-23-2015 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:54 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

CenTx- You look fantastic... I think we all have that fear of gaining it all back. I know I struggle with that daily.

One- I am jealous! I need a new raincoat so bad and I have not found anything good yet... Of course I am not really looking..just kind of hoping something pops out at me when I am shopping...

Hubby is a bit better today. Had an OK night for him anyway LOL.. I tossed and turned at his every groan... But today we work on getting the swelling down in his hand and legs. Not sure what that is from but I will make him move more since he has has some sleep. Also today we can take off the bandage and he can shower... I am sure he will feel better once that is done..

Still OP if you can believe...I did have an extra restricted yesterday but I think it was a bit of stress eating....Oh well its not like I blew it on regular food...I am OK with that..

Not much on the schedule today...I do need to run and get my glasses that came in on Friday..
Old 05-25-2015, 07:31 AM   #235  
oneuh2

Quiet on 3FC this weekend - hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend.
I have confess that the arrival of berries and melons in the grocery store is making me sad that I am not phasing off yet.
But I am enjoying steak and veggies on the grill. Got some dancing in this weekend too. It's great to have time off work!
Old 05-25-2015, 08:21 AM   #236  
Serial Dieter

Gosh, it's interesting to see how one's body reacts to stress. I was in stressful meetings for the past week and my cortisol (stress hormone) levels were pumped up I'm sure. Meetings ended COB Thursday ... and since then I am down over 4 pounds. I wasnt really eating any differently (perhaps not getting as much water as normal) -- but just stressed. It's interesting that my weight climb started a few days before the meetings even started so I was getting stressed out in advance too!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-25-2015 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:01 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post

I don't know why I even held onto these pieces. Maybe eternal wishful thinking or expensive for the time. I am just floored. As far as I am concerned, scale or no scale, I hit goal this morning. Never in a MILLION years did I think I would ever put these clothes on...or maybe I did. Why would I hold onto them otherwise. Big day for me. This last week or so has been very emotional. I finally have accomplished something I've dreamed about and struggled with for 20yrs.

God, I don't want to gain this weight back. I just pray I can continue to be strong as I continue to work the program. I have a lot of incentive at the moment. I need to hold onto this feeling.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Sue, still keeping you and your DH in my thoughts.
CentTXChk, you look fantastic!!

You have come so far I'm sure you will be just as successful in maintenance. Thankfully this forum is also great for maintainers not just those losing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Gosh, it's interesting to see how one's body reacts to stress. I was in stressful meetings for the past week and my cortisol (stress hormone) levels were pumped up I'm sure. Meetings ended COB Thursday ... and since then I am down over 4 pounds. I wasnt really eating any differently (perhaps not getting as much water as normal) -- but just stressed. It's interesting that my weight climb started a few days before the meetings even started so I was getting stressed out in advance too!

It's quite informative to see your charts Avalon, thanks as always for sharing. And yay for the ultimate loss after your stressful week!!
Old 05-25-2015, 10:16 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

CenTxChk - you look FANTASTIC!!
I love hearing (and seeing) y'all's victories from shopping in your closets - I have to live vicariously on that one.

Cheryl - glad you got some dancing in, glad you're enjoying the weekend.

Alexandra - glad your stress is down! (And pounds are going with it)

I just drank what I thought was vanilla drink mix - it tasted weird so I went and looked at the box, vanilla pudding. and that's the start of my holiday!
Old 05-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #239  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
CenTxChk - you look FANTASTIC!!
I love hearing (and seeing) y'all's victories from shopping in your closets - I have to live vicariously on that one.

Cheryl - glad you got some dancing in, glad you're enjoying the weekend.

Alexandra - glad your stress is down! (And pounds are going with it)

I just drank what I thought was vanilla drink mix - it tasted weird so I went and looked at the box, vanilla pudding. and that's the start of my holiday!
Oh Jen - I keep hearing the weather report and seeing all the rain and bad weather in Texas and I have been wondering about all of you TX IPeeps!! I hope you are finding cheerful stuff to do while the skies are gray.

btw - I use the pudding mixes as drinks all the time -- I think they have lower carbs than the drinks packets.... and adding more water makes drinks that are equally as good for my tastes. And the puddings are very versatile for making pancakes or muffins. You coulda done worse!!
Old 05-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #240  
Serial Dieter

One more (little) milestone for me today. On my weight ticker, I am finally touching my earmarked "green zone" which is 75% to 100% of goal reached ... which I hit at this morning's scale weight of 224 pounds putting me at exactly 75% of goal.

Total bodyweight melted 102 pounds ... goal to melt off is 136 pounds. (102/136 = 0.75) Three-Quarters of the way there! I can see the finish line at last!!

It's funny how when I am dieting I hang onto these small milestones like Linus and his Blanket in Charlie Brown.

I guess we all do whatever it takes to motivate ourselves!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 05-26-2015 at 03:08 AM.
Closed Thread