Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 12:01 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Sue - Congrat on your 2lbs loss!! And I am SO jealous your teen is licensed! It is a dream of mine that my DS drives himself to before or after school activities. You have got gotten yourself countless extra minutes of sleep. prayers you get equally as good news for your DH this week. Good for you to plan your stay with IP friendly foods!!

DD - I have to hit you up for some must do's in Labrador. My Dad just booked a cruise and will be visiting your fair land in August. Very happy for him after a tough couple of years. He deserves to take his bucket list cruise continuing onto Greenland, Iceland and Europe.

One - amazing how our well planned days can get away from us. I would be more annoyed at the "peer pressure." Just come to lunch...come have a drink with me. I continue to struggle mixing socializing with IP. At this point, you would think I'd have run into every scenario. I am sure the damage is minimal and you are already back at it! You got this!

Went on an hour long walk with a girlfriend tonight. So glad to walk outside before the heat gets unbearable. Still threatening rain with more in the forecast. We are usually into the 90's by now. I was actually kind of looking forward to seeing how my new svelte body would handle the TX heat...wouldn't you know we are having a cool spring!?! Still bringing my jacket to work everyday and using my space heater. Tiredof being COLD!

No movement on the scale today. TOM decided to make an early appearance and 2 days of excersize probably has me retaining some fluids. My coach texted and wants me to come in another day next week (my usual day falls on Memorial Day) so I agreed to go in on Tues for a weigh in. My DH is off work 6/1 so I told him he has to come with me to my final WI on P1. Thinking it will be an emotional visit.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:57 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

CenTXChk: It will be an emotional experience, take plenty of Kleenex... I am glad your hubby will be there to witness it & celebrate with you and your coach. I hope they give you a spa certificate or flowers or some other lovely acknowledgement.
Very inspirational!

Liana
Old 05-20-2015, 06:16 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Great news, Sue! Stuff happens in 3's so I'm pulling for your 3rd thing to be great results with hubby on Friday - You both will be in my thoughts and prayers! And hey - I bet you could be dancing too if you had the time to go do it! It's easier than you think, and it's very popular in NJ, ya know!!!

DD -- you have managed your limited food choices well, as you have achieved goal and you are dealing with maintaining, day after day. You may have had a weekend with some 'fun' meals, but I'm so glad to see that you had an enjoyable time with good socializing - you have seemed kinda down lately, and while those of us States-side have been enjoying Spring and the advent of Summer, you are still surrounded by winter-like weather that has to be tiresome after these many months. I think it's great that you had a weekend full of life's little pleasures, and I am confident you will get back on the weight maintenance path without much problem.

I had two unexpected situations today - a former co-worker showed up at our office today, for an all day meeting in one of our meeting rooms - he insisted on taking me to lunch, and we ended up in a nearby but unfamiliar restaurant... kind of a Middle Eastern place with salads that had either a chick pea or couscous or hummus kind of topping... I had just chicken and red peppers, but I don't usually have my regular meat and veggie meal at lunch. I went with it, and this evening have had an egg and egg white with some asparagus for dinner. My second unexpected situation involved a glass of wine with another colleague from Denver who is in town and cajoled me into going for a drink. I hope that will not throw me off too terribly, and I am kicking myself for not insisting on an iced tea instead of a glass of wine. These are situations that normally are no problem for me at all, and in both cases, I did not want the 'off program items' at all. How did I let the situations dictate my actions instead of taking control and doing what was best for me? I am so annoyed with myself.

I am doing the best I can between now and this week's WI to get back on track. As it is, I have been a bit bound up for 2 days again... if I can resolve that problem I'll take whatever I get from the scale on Thursday and keep on keeping on into next week.
I am interested in your thinking at this point about the wine and the lunch.. I find that I really Really Really need to dig deep sometimes to do the right thing! I am wondering if we would have given in so easy at the beginning when weight was coming off fast and furious? Interesting to think about...is it boredom getting the best of us? We know from experience we can deflect the peer pressure....we have done it for months.

Cen~ That certainly will be an emotional day on the scale for you ...good your hubby can share.

I spoke with my coach yesterday about when to phase off...not that I am close to goal, but this will be my next step. She gave me some info on phase 3. She said basically phase 2 is one week of adding protein to you lunch. I don't think I am satisfied yet with my weight loss, but I like to plan, LOL.....

I have a junior parent college planning meeting this moring with DS's guidance dept. Then I have a dermatologist apt, followed by a real estate appointment followed by 4 hours in the office and the come home to our stock broker is coming over tonight for our annual meeting. No I don't have a moment to spare today LOL...Our stock broker is a high school friend of hubby's so I am throwing some steaks on the grill for dinner for us. Maybe I will stop and pick up some asparagus too...
Old 05-20-2015, 10:36 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Down 2 at WI & I have a new licenced driver in the house.....Yeah! Now if only we can get good news about Hubby on Friday it will be a great week!
Awesome news on the loss, I hope you get the same joy from stepping on the scale and seeing onederland but lose the apprehension that you might not see it.

And congrats to your son, it's an exciting thing

My thoughts are with you and your family, wishing for great news on Friday.

Thanks Oneuh, I don't feel to bad for drinking, I don't do it often, but I'm annoyed at myself for the hangover We are still hanging on to low temps, and getting the occasional flurries, it will be nice to get the warmer weather as it can get quite hot here.

I don't think the lunch switch and one glass of wine will affect you negatively and I hope things start to move before your next WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post

DD - I have to hit you up for some must do's in Labrador. My Dad just booked a cruise and will be visiting your fair land in August. Very happy for him after a tough couple of years. He deserves to take his bucket list cruise continuing onto Greenland, Iceland and Europe.
CenTXChk, Your father's trip sounds amazing! I will have to gather some info for you.

And how fantastic about your last P1 WI, I'll bet it will be emotional, you've done amazingly
Old 05-20-2015, 12:35 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! Scale didn't budge an ounce this morning, but considering incoming TOM not a surprise. Actually my coach said she'd take a flatline, as often ladies gain up to 2 pounds. I'm cranky and feeling blah about everything, including this stupid diet (not really but ugh!).
Old 05-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #216  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Good morning! Scale didn't budge an ounce this morning, but considering incoming TOM not a surprise. Actually my coach said she'd take a flatline, as often ladies gain up to 2 pounds. I'm cranky and feeling blah about everything, including this stupid diet (not really but ugh!).
I hear you JJTx! TOM has me up .7 this morning after a banner OP day AND walking nearly 3 miles yesterday evening. Poop. I know it is not true weigh gain but stinks none the less. Hang in there girlie!
Old 05-21-2015, 06:34 AM   #217  

Hey everyone...sorry about those with TOM...he has not made an appearance for me in months LOL..Actually last October to be exact....maybe this is my year to be done LOL..

Another busy day for me today on the road working...Tonight DS gets inducted into National Honor Society...

Dinner last night was so yummy...london broil on the grill and thin asparagus grilled also....Have not had asparagus in a while and it tasted so good...also made greenbeans and a big salad.

Tonight I am doing quick burgers on the grill since it will be a rush night and people coming home at different times...Easy to toss burgers on as needed.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:03 PM   #218  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Same for me today on the scale reading - precisely the same weight today as I had at last week's official IP Weigh In.... but I will take it! Much better than an uptick, and besides, on Thurs AM last week my Aria read 162.6 and this morning it was 160.2. So I figure I am doing something right, and I should feel good about it.

I confess, I am past the days of TOM but I remember them well... I hope you are feeling better about life today, Jen!!!

My NSV for today is hitting 10,000 steps with my Fitbit - first time I have come anywhere close to 10K steps! Nothing like a hour of pretty fast ballroom, latin and swing dancing to make up that missing 3 to 4K steps...!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-21-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:48 PM   #219  

WTG One! 10k is quite the accomplishment. When I first got my Fitbit I thought I would shoot for 10k a day and quickly settled for 5k a day. Most excersize days I can usually get to 7-8.

Still no downward movement on the scale. It is taunting me because I only have 11 more days in P1 (for now). Maybe tomorrow...

Hope Braeil is having a good trip. Sure has been quite around here lately.

Most people in the states are looking forward to a long weekend to celebrate Memorial Day. Anyone have any big plans? DD has a bball tournament. We also have a party Sun night at some friends. It will be an early evening as both DH and I actually have to work MD.

I addition to walking tonight I tried to do some crunches. Wow, I am out of shape so I you tubed core excersizes for beginners. No Jillian Michael's excersizes for yours truly. No, I am doing the old lady videos...and struggling at that. Ugh, well I guess I have something to work on. What is funny is I signed up for a kickboxing class with my coworkers. Who am I kidding !?!

Hope everyone is having a great OP week!
Old 05-22-2015, 05:39 AM   #220  

Saying hello bright and early .. have to be at the hospital for the necular bone scan for DH at 7 then surgery is scheduled for 11:30. Pray for me that we get some answers today.. I can't take much more...
My bag is packed with IP snacks as well as cucumbers and peppers for lunch...I am sure I am not going to be hungry but will try to make myself eat...
Old 05-22-2015, 07:38 AM   #221  

Best wishes Sue! Take care of yourself and your DH. Keep us posted. We will be thinking of you all!
Old 05-22-2015, 08:33 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Same for me today on the scale reading - precisely the same weight today as I had at last week's official IP Weigh In.... but I will take it! Much better than an uptick, and besides, on Thurs AM last week my Aria read 162.6 and this morning it was 160.2. So I figure I am doing something right, and I should feel good about it.

My NSV for today is hitting 10,000 steps with my Fitbit - first time I have come anywhere close to 10K steps! Nothing like a hour of pretty fast ballroom, latin and swing dancing to make up that missing 3 to 4K steps...!!
Way to stay positive about the scale not budging you are definitely doing things right And WTG on reaching 10k steps!!! That might be why you aren't showing a loss you are probably holding on to some excess water

Quote:

Still no downward movement on the scale. It is taunting me because I only have 11 more days in P1 (for now). Maybe tomorrow...

I addition to walking tonight I tried to do some crunches. Wow, I am out of shape so I you tubed core excersizes for beginners. No Jillian Michael's excersizes for yours truly. No, I am doing the old lady videos...and struggling at that. Ugh, well I guess I have something to work on. What is funny is I signed up for a kickboxing class with my coworkers. Who am I kidding !?!

Hope everyone is having a great OP week!
Don't let it stress you CenTXChk, it's counter productive Just relax, focus on staying OP for the next 11 days and I'm sure by the end of it you'll have had good losses If not on the scale, then with fitness and muscle build And kick but in that kickboxing class, you can do it!!

Quote:
Saying hello bright and early .. have to be at the hospital for the necular bone scan for DH at 7 then surgery is scheduled for 11:30. Pray for me that we get some answers today.. I can't take much more...
My bag is packed with IP snacks as well as cucumbers and peppers for lunch...I am sure I am not going to be hungry but will try to make myself eat...
Thoughts are with you and your family Sue, I hope you get your answers and that it's good news.

I was just mentioning in the daily thread how my mom was in the hospital the last couple of days and she just texted me to say she is being discharged. Of course trying to get specifics from her is like trying to get a brick to talk to you, but as long as she's doing better.

We had a long weekend last week, so just a regular one for us here. I have no big plans, just work on my parka so that I just have to sew on my fur for last class on Tuesday (I will post pics once I am done, I am quite pleased with how it's turning out!) and be lazy, maybe some housework Too wet for yard work yet, but there is only two little piles of snow left on the yard!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend, Sue, hopefully you guys will be celebrating good news!!
Old 05-22-2015, 10:20 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Quote:
Same for me today on the scale reading - precisely the same weight today as I had at last week's official IP Weigh In.... but I will take it! So I figure I am doing something right, and I should feel good about it.

I confess, I am past the days of TOM but I remember them well... I hope you are feeling better about life today, Jen!!!

Yay for the NSV on the steps, and boo to non-budging scales! You are definitely doing things right, don't worry and keep on trucking!

I have had a helluva week, to be honest, work, weather, feeling blah. I ate a couple of oreo's Wednesday night, then yesterday I started taking the Gynema supplements my coach gave me last week. I have to say I think they're working, I didn't want anything sweet yesterday and this morning my husband picked up our favorite donuts for our son to take to school, and I didn't even twitch when they were in the house!

Quote:
Praying for good results, and a calm day for you Sue!

Quote:
You know stressing makes you hold on to your weight, right? I know you're worrying about the slide into P2 (who wouldn't be), but you just need to relax and work your plan - your body is going to do what it's going to do. Maybe put your scale away for a few days? (I know, easier said than done!)

It's another soggy day in Central Texas, and more predicted through the holiday weekend. Am hoping to get some family time outdoors, but we'll just have to see. We need the rain, but it's draining - I need some sunshine!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 05-22-2015, 06:41 PM   #224  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Wondering how things have gone for Sue today - fingers crossed for good results and no complications.

I have had an ok day with food today - trying to keep busy cause I seem to be hungry when I have time to think about it....

I made bone broth in the crockpot this week and I had some today to go with my lunch salad. I beat one egg and one egg white (counting these as free for today), brought 2 cups of the broth to a rolling boil, and then drizzled the beaten egg into it while stirring with a fork.... if I could have used cornstarch in the broth this would have worked to make egg drop soup like you get at the Chinese restaurant... without the cornstarch, you don't get the ribbons of egg, instead little clumps. But I added some chopped scallions and chopped mushrooms and a little bit of sliced summer squash, just for interest. This was very tasty and a nice addition to my food intake with little addition to the calories or carbs.

When the hungry's dropped in around 3pm, I had a bag of IP Sea Salt and Vinegar Crisps and that has filled the need for something quite well. I wonder if the Gynema supplement would help.... waiting to hear more from you, Jen, on how beneficial it is.

I have lots of house pick up to do before the cleaning lady comes tomorrow, and then lots of housecleaning alongside her during the day... no cha cha workshop for me this weekend

But... I go to Hilton Head early in the week for a 10 day trip that should be mostly vacation. I plan to get some dancing in while there, and lots of walking on the beach. I got a new swimsuit at Soma - my first tankini.... fits well and has layers that cover the old lady midriff.... but it's pretty difficult to ignore the loose skin of the upper arms and the thighs when in a swimsuit. Good incentive to walk as much as I can and to do some water aerobics in the pool.

I did get my blood work test results back and found that my Vitamin D was low -- I think I owe thanks to Ro22 for the info that made me sure to check that out! Doc recommended 2000 IU's a day of supplement.

In addition, my Triglycerides dropped by almost half - this was good because mine have always been high.

Everything else was close to what it was before my major weight loss, although, surprisingly, my blood work was all pretty normal when I weighed 225 and had it checked last year. I am grateful that I did not have medical issues driving my need to manage my weight, and I am grateful for the improvements that I was able to achieve. I am also going to become more outdoorsy in the sun to help with the Vitamin D thing...

Long post today... glad to be able to share with you guys - you are always so supportive!
Old 05-23-2015, 12:45 AM   #225  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Cheryl - So glad you got that checked! I'm surprised how much I am hearing more and more about how this is an issue for people.

I haven't posted in a few weeks as I have been on the road with business, birthday, etc. I haven't dieted in 3 weeks and am dearly paying for it - when I didn't lose anything in week 3 back on diet 3 weeks ago after all the health crap, I was sorry for myself that resulted in 3 weeks of eating what I want and the expected large weight gain.

I will start again knowing that it will take more than 3 weeks to undo the damage of 3 weeks of non-dieting. I am going to start Monday again, but I don't know what I am going to do. Perhaps, I will ignore advice, etc and workout right from day 1 as I think the most punitive aspects of not dieting and rapid weight gain results from no strength training. I know this - I am not going to obsess over the scale like I did - I only care about how my clothes fit at this point.

Like all of you, I am anxiously awaiting an update from Sue.
Closed Thread