Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 192.6/179/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Just returned from my WI and lost another 4 lbs. Since starting this program I have lost 32 lbs. and 36 in. in 8 1/2 weeks! Amazing. I am in shock and walking on cloud nine right now.
Have a great day everyone!
Congrats fellow Canadian! Your an inspiration, you have lost so much so quickly.
I can keep going with successes like yours.
Miranda in Regina
Old 04-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Disappointing WI 6, only lost 0.6 lbs. This is my TOM week, so I guess I need to consider that. As long as I'm not gaining, I'm glad. Tomorrow is my 40th bday and I'm not cheating - gonna be 100% OP. I got a chocolate muffin pkg to make my "bday cake" with. So hopefully things will be looking up next WI

Have a wonderful day!!!

Happy Birthday (a day early)!!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 274/193/165

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

WI #12 was a day early since tomorrow is Good Friday. Two more pounds bit the dust for a total of 45! I am now in the 220s--Onederland here I come.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I chew gum EVERYDAY between my meals, some coaches allow it some don't. I chew my extra polar ice gum like there is no tomorrow, it keeps me occupied with chewing!!

YUP!!!....it sure does....try it next time!

THERE YA GO!!!....another believer of the salt trick!! I am sure there are more out there, they will chime in soon!!!

I just got done at my Hip Dr.....he said WOW....you are walking WITH NO LIMP!...I said YES!..he said amazing!!!...11 months ago I could barely walk today I can walk FAST!...hahaha....LOVE IP!....he has been seeing me every 3 months for the past 11 months. He said today, I don't need to see you again unless you start having pain again!!!....WOOHOO!!!!.....SUPER EXCITED about that!!....that mean....NOOOOOO hip replacement!!!...woohooooooooooo
Yay!!, that's just great!! Dr Oz would like to hear that!

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-05-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #80  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
What supplements do you buy?

I hear what you are saying! I feel like I just got the mom lecture... AWESOME You are my new diet mom! I do take the money out and he knows about it. And he is very supportive of the diet and goes with me to all the appointments and is very proud of me. But his spending is ridiculous...I could just b-slap him. BUT he has informed me today that he's picking up a 2nd job (even thougth he works a ft already) so i can stay on program and help us go on our trip back home for a week and for our wedding. So that makes me feel better.
So he got in a car accident when we 1st moved here.. and it totaled the car. So we went to go buy a car, well my ex demolished my credit, and apparently his mom demolished his with out even telling him (thank mom-n-law, i'm assuming this is where he learned his great $ scense!) so that was a blow and we spent all of our $ money moving, it was not a good time. But we've recovered...some what lol. But now.. our auto insurance slapped us with a $1000. bill because after the accident we droped the car added a car full coverage on both, and the "system" didnt pick up on it so now we owe this in a week or no insurance and we both use our cars for work, and i work for the city and he works for a major soda dealership... so.. that extra money and savings.. is flying out the window So there's my other reason behind my question. We can still afford to be OP, but I wont beable to go home in 7 wks to see my mom or my best friend who married a long time friend (2nd grade) about a year ago and recently had a baby, she just passed away from a brain anyrism. (or how ever you spell it) Dont mean to be a Debbie Downer... just got a lot on the plate (or not alot hehe) and just really want to have my no carb, no sugar, no fat cake and eat it too while losing weight
LOL...I didn't mean to sound like a mom lecture....lol...but sometimes that is what is needed. I am one to give the "tough love" around here that is for sure. Some take it better than others. I am glad he supports you in your efforts for this that is great. Tell him for every dollar he spends you are going to start your own "savings account" for a new wardrobe. Every time he spends $10 you put $10 aside it will take away from his "extra" money...heheh...dirty little secret I used too do...hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Kbig,
You can always trust Wuv. No need to question her!
Awww thank you Chloe, I am sometime wrong not ALWAYS correct!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
So as Im prepping for my Monday Start Date ... the only thing that is concerning me is getting a regimen together... seems a lil complicated as far as getting a regimen togehter.

thats what is worrying me. can anyone tell me what there W1 menu's looked like. Im going to spend Sunday prepping my food for the week.
I used the soups for breakfast and lunch and added steamed veggies (celery, really) for both meals (into the soup bowl). I know it sounds strange but I thought of it as a porridge. I heard and now agree that hot foods somehow keep you feeling fuller longer.

Benefits: It was fast, easy to make, very filling.

Just add some salad with Walden Farms salad dressing (avail in grocery stores, many like their Italian or Blue Cheese).

For water, I buy the Mio water flavorings (grocery store - next to Crystal Light) and drink 90-120 oz /day. Choc pudding is my snack usually.

That's an easy week 1 and 2. Possibly boring, but the weight will drop fast and you'll feel great.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
not here with me .... can you PLEASE attach the sheet and I will put in on my Android so I can have it with me everywhere I go and I can study it ..

thank you sooo much
That sounds very cute: "so I can study it". I did the same thing, I carefully studied every doc IP had that I could get. Plus as you read through the archives on this website, you'll find so many great documents (many attached to the "stickies") that will be so motivating and informative. Also read Dr Chanh's book - one of the last threads in the first message of the Daily Thread. Very helpful plus free download.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning, all.

I'm so dumb. Finally back at work today after being away and I only packed a chocolate drink for food today. Gah! Had my shake in the car on the way to work but I usually have/need a pudding and a bar during the day to make it through. How am I going to do this?
The protein bars that people suggested are a great idea. I just ran errands and was pretty shakey by the time I was ready to drive home. Didn't think I'd make it, so I got a protein bar and that did the trick. I keep forgetting to throw an IP bar in my purse....

Good luck!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Happy Thursday!
Congrats to all those losses out there! You guys rock!

almost lost it last night...... almost ate a slice of cake! ekkk! And my thought process was if you are going to blow get a big ole hunkin slice! But I did not, went to bed and had my shake before going to sleep. But that danged ole cake was actually singing to me...."come and get me , you know you want to, it wont hurt ya" in the smoothest Barry White voice. UGGGGGG! Got up and took another shower and finally went back to sleep.
I am scared I am going to loose it! Help a sister out!
You've come so far on this journey, don't give up now! Remember, that cake would be delicious and all, but it is a temporary pleasure. You can have the cake, but not until you get to Phase 4 and use it as a splurge day. It isn't gone from your life forever, though by the time you are ready for it in maintenance, the drive to eat it could be less. Hang in there kid!!!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
After reading IPdivajen's comment... What are other IP alternitives? It's getting pricey to stay OP. I know that it is much cheaper than the other diets, but was curious how I could save a little bit. I have a fieance that likes to spend money and for some reason has NO IDEA how to save! (frustrating) But at this rate, may not be able to stay OP, money is getting tight. I don't want to quite because of money. I've seen such great results... i'm actually very worried about it that way. Any suggestions??? PLEASE?
Read the Alternatives threads - you will find a lot of choices. I am 80% alternative, 20% IP. I use Nashua Nutrition and from them tend to buy Proti-Diet and Proti-Thin (brands) products. They are very similar to IP in nutritional profile. A box of 7 packets costs on average $10.95 and free S&H if you buy over $100., which is about 3 weeks worth of food. Some of their products would be considered unrestricted in IP since they have fewer carbs, for example, the pancake has about 7 carbs, think the oatmeal has 6 carbs, both around 90 or 100 cal. Their soups mix much better with water than IP too. (Really like Proti-Thin Cream of Vegetable Soup and Proti-Diet Pea Soup).

I have a separate choc whey protein powder shake I buy from GNC (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey in Double Rich Chocolate and its excellent and often on sale - I buy the 5 lb. container and a single serving costs $.75). My husband also uses this right after our workouts.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #86  

Quote:

I just got done at my Hip Dr.....he said WOW....you are walking WITH NO LIMP!...I said YES!..he said amazing!!!...11 months ago I could barely walk today I can walk FAST!...hahaha....LOVE IP!....he has been seeing me every 3 months for the past 11 months. He said today, I don't need to see you again unless you start having pain again!!!....WOOHOO!!!!.....SUPER EXCITED about that!!....that mean....NOOOOOO hip replacement!!!...woohooooooooooo
That's great news! Isn't it truly amazing what a difference just losing weight can make on our bodies and health? It still astonishes me...

Congratulations!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Disappointing WI 6, only lost 0.6 lbs. This is my TOM week, so I guess I need to consider that. As long as I'm not gaining, I'm glad. Tomorrow is my 40th bday and I'm not cheating - gonna be 100% OP. I got a chocolate muffin pkg to make my "bday cake" with. So hopefully things will be looking up next WI

Have a wonderful day!!!
hang in there - you've done great so far! I know it's disappointing and I went through it too but in the long run, the weight loss is going to happen....

Congrats on planning a healthy bday, and Happy Birthday!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #88  

Quote:
Like Dana said its quite easy I keep it simple....
Breakfast- restricted (puffs or bar) 2 cups of coffee
Lunch - IP packet 2 cups of veggies
Dinner - 8oz meat 2 cups of veggies
Snack - IP Packet

Love the new photo!! Dynamite!!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #89  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I see this advice given, but has your coach ever actually told you this? Mine didn't, although she said I could have another packet if I wanted...
Most of the time I don't and I have never lost any muscle mass...

Just wondering if this is the actual ip advice...I will ask my coach next week!
My coach gave me that information, and my trainer I work with at the gym told me the same thing. Well, actually he told me it was important to have it once I finished my workout, but either way works. He said your body needs the extra protein after the workout so that it doesn't go looking for protein in your muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Just returned from my WI and lost another 4 lbs. Since starting this program I have lost 32 lbs. and 36 in. in 8 1/2 weeks! Amazing. I am in shock and walking on cloud nine right now.
Have a great day everyone!
Great !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky7285 View Post
Good news is my Boyfriend and I have decided to do a 5 K walk in June for Cerebral Palsy Awareness at Central Park.... I am very excited I have never done a 5k before but, i`ll be training at the gym to prepare

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day.
Good for you. Such an important cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Lost 3.4 pounds this week (my first week of P2)~ pretty happy about th
Good job!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I see this advice given, but has your coach ever actually told you this? Mine didn't, although she said I could have another packet if I wanted...
Most of the time I don't and I have never lost any muscle mass...

Just wondering if this is the actual ip advice...I will ask my coach next week!
I found that on most heavy exercise days I was extra hungry so I would have the extra food. I wonder if I really need it...maybe I'd lose more if I didn't have it.

I don't have a coach, so please let us know what your coach says.

Thanks,
Chloe
Closed Thread