Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #91  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
I am trying to restart as well. I gained about 20lbs back from last summer when i had done IP and have been restarting and falling off the wagon every other week. I'm going to check this thread everyday to help keep me on track and stay motivated. As others pointed out, there are always reasons to cheat. But, nothing tastes as good as looking and feeling great. Hang in there everyone, take it a week at a time and before you know it, those cravings will be gone and you'll be losing weight again. Once those jeans fit a little looser, just hang on to that feeling and you'll make it through.
Welcome back! You are so right about once those jeans fit a little looser, it is so much easier to stay on track.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Default Amazing

OK! I think my body works as long as I reduce my carbs to on plan. When I started a couple of weeks ago I was up 10 full lbs, started IP and in a matter of 3/4 days down 7, fell off the plan day 6&7 and back up 3.5. Started on Thursday again and allready down those 3. I just hope since I've been at this weight since I quit IP last Nov, I'll continue t drop as quickly. And be able to stay on plan.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Default In the Same Boat

I am in the same boat. One year ago this weekend, I started the IP program. Over the next 3 months, I lost 30 lbs. In the middle of November, I had to go out of town on business. Although I tried, I had a hard time staying on the program. When I returned, I had lost my groove, but managed to lose another 7 lbs. By December, the program was becoming expensive and I felt I needed an break. During the next few months, I stayed within a 5 -10 lb gain/lost. Now that the summer has ended, I have gained 20 lbs. Just got back from a cruise, which didn't help. I rationalized that I would restarting IP again, so I just ate anything I wanted. There were several mistakes that I made. One was I did not transition off the program (lesson learned). Second, I didnot stay on the program until I reached goal. This time around I have learned from my mistakes, gained experience from my previous go on IP and know that by December I can be at least 30 - 40 lbs lighter than I am now.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #94  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I was on IP from Jan-Mar 2011, lost 37 lbs and 8.4% Bodyfat. I now have gained back 26lbs and 7.3% bodyfat. I have went back to my horrible eating habits and had severe emotional eating after the passing of our 5 year old son. I now am back on plan and never phased off previously. I realize how important all phases are of IP and the importance of a lifestyle change. Thank you for sharing your stories. This lets me know that I am not alone in this!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #95  
Second time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Thank you so much for starting this thread. I was on IP from Jan-Mar 2011, lost 37 lbs and 8.4% Bodyfat. I now have gained back 26lbs and 7.3% bodyfat. I have went back to my horrible eating habits and had severe emotional eating after the passing of our 5 year old son. I now am back on plan and never phased off previously. I realize how important all phases are of IP and the importance of a lifestyle change. Thank you for sharing your stories. This lets me know that I am not alone in this!
I am so sorry for the passing of your son......I can only imagine the pain and emotional feelings you have been through. Know we are all here for you and care.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #96  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

hi all,
I'm back too. I had gained back almost 9 pounds (I'm sure its the wine!) and I'd like to see if I can get back to my original 138 and then maybe 5 more. So, I've been on the IP wagon since last Sunday and I have to say it seems like it was a lot easier to get into ketosis this time...or maybe I just knew what to expect. I've lost almost 5 pounds already (mostly water I"m sure) but I can feel the difference. AMAZING! It creeps on so slowly you forget how good it felt to be lighter, more alert, more energy, etc.

anyway, glad to have found this thread and connected with so many of the old gang. Next thing you know, we'll hear from Novak!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:10 AM   #97  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

I don't know what prompted me to check in today, but I'm awfully glad I did. It's interesting how everyone's story is different; but all are the same. Mine too. So after reading Rocky's post (and thanking Iowa a bundle of times for starting the thread) I plunked down my 58 euro and ordered what I hope is an adequate substitute for IP products. The excuses I'm not going to make any more? My 100-year old father's dying; German food; slipped disc and pain killer after pain killer after pain killer. But I did this before, taking handfuls of pain killers for fibromyalgia, so I guess I can do it again. Or make a good dent in the goal. Cheers to all of us.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #98  

Height: 5'4"

I am also glad I logged in today and found this thread. I am planning to restart IP this week. Thanks everyone for the encouragement!!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #99  
Second time around

I was just wondering how you were doing Linden. Glad to see you back on board. Cheers to you too.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
I am in the same boat. One year ago this weekend, I started the IP program. Over the next 3 months, I lost 30 lbs. In the middle of November, I had to go out of town on business. Although I tried, I had a hard time staying on the program. When I returned, I had lost my groove, but managed to lose another 7 lbs. By December, the program was becoming expensive and I felt I needed an break. During the next few months, I stayed within a 5 -10 lb gain/lost. Now that the summer has ended, I have gained 20 lbs. Just got back from a cruise, which didn't help. I rationalized that I would restarting IP again, so I just ate anything I wanted. There were several mistakes that I made. One was I did not transition off the program (lesson learned). Second, I didnot stay on the program until I reached goal. This time around I have learned from my mistakes, gained experience from my previous go on IP and know that by December I can be at least 30 - 40 lbs lighter than I am now.
I'm so glad to see familiar faces (not that I'm glad we are in the same boat). Funny how I find we think alot. I too went on an all inclusive vacation at the beginning of Aug and up until then I was busting my butt in the gym and trying to get as fit as I could and the 2/3 weeks after said to myself "Oh I'll just eat and start IP again". Tomorrow will be 2 weeks of starting (cheating some) and even with TOM, I'm down quite a few lbs so things are looking up. Guess I need to set another trip up so I'll keep on plan. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
So sorry to hear about your lost, I can't even imagine. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
hi all,
I'm back too. I had gained back almost 9 pounds (I'm sure its the wine!) and I'd like to see if I can get back to my original 138 and then maybe 5 more. So, I've been on the IP wagon since last Sunday and I have to say it seems like it was a lot easier to get into ketosis this time...or maybe I just knew what to expect. I've lost almost 5 pounds already (mostly water I"m sure) but I can feel the difference. AMAZING! It creeps on so slowly you forget how good it felt to be lighter, more alert, more energy, etc.
anyway, glad to have found this thread and connected with so many of the old gang. Next thing you know, we'll hear from Novak!
I agree, I think it's been easier (even with some cheating) to get back into Ketosis this time. So glad to see your posts too.

Had an OK weekend, made it through TS Lee, LSU won, and starting a new week that is super filled with craziness that always keeps me on plan. It's the idol time that I have the hardest with. Wishing everyone the same.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone!! Well I am back also with a story much the same as everyone else. Never phased out properly, got down where I looked and felt good, got lazy about what I ate AND NOW here I am almost back to where I started
BUT today I had a good talk with my coach and we came up with a plan...I am staying on Phase 1 until a week before we head to our winter home in AZ and then will stay on Phase 2 until I get back here next spring. Then we will go through Phase 3 and 4 properly. I know this eating plan works...we just have to make the commitment to a life change of eating.
I agree with Carla...the scale isn't going to play such an important part of this journey....getting to a place where I feel healthy is my goal.
Cheers everyone...we can do it!!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #102  
Second time around

Good morning. Cool crisp morning here in Iowa. I'm still finding my path on IP. Most days are good but still fall off the wagon every now and then which is not good. I'm flying to Florida tomorrow for an extended weekend. A friend is retiring from the Air Force after 30 years. He flew special ops for years so will hear lots of great stories. Should be a great time. Getting geared up to stay on program through out my time away from home. One thing I won't have to worry about is cheats in the cupboard calling my name. We're staying in cabins along the coast which should be supper fun with life long friends staying in cabins too. I just wished I liked seafood since I know they will have a shrimp boil / cookout one evening.

Hope everyone is well and doing great.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #103  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Wow...so many familar faces. So good to see everyone. I did phase out properly in the beginning of June. During phase up the scale went up 3-4 pounds. I was then able to keep within a pound or two of that all summer. But now I am ready to tackle the last 15-20 pounds.

I started on plan Monday and went to my clinic yesterday and stocked up on food. It was awesome that they didn't even recognize me and asked why I was there....told them I love the size BUT HATE HATE HATE the number on the scale....so we agree that 15-20 more would be perfect.

I have a challenge started for old-timers go ahead and add your names and let's see each other through this.

THREE PERFECT DAYS DOWN.....HERE'S TO AT LEAST 6 MORE WEEKS!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Wed. Morning!! Hope everyone has a great day.

Just was wondering if there is anyone out there that is also battling hot flashes/night sweats. I started having them about 14 years ago, went on HRT 4 times over that period thinking after I hit 60 they should be gone. So last winter I weened off them...NOW for the last 4/5 months they have came back worse than ever...especially night sweats. Anyone got any suggestions...I hate waking up 4 or 5 times a night in wet bedding

Anyway other than that little problem I am great today.

Cheers Everyone!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 09-07-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #105  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Wow! Looks like we are all starting this journey over again - together!! haha!

Thats good though! You guys all got me to my goal in April, and I managed to hold strong until these last few hot summer months (too many beers & greasy hot dogs over the fire!)

I am at my 10lb "PUT DOWN THE FORK" mark, my jeans are starting to get tight, and I've had enough! So, here we go again! I am loaded up with all my IP favorites, fresh veggies in the fridge, my bottle of water in hand - and fingers on my keyboard!!
Closed Thread