Old 11-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #1  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Default A happy problem, but still a problem!

When I was gaining weight, every morning getting dressed for work brought one disappointment after another: clothes that were finally too tight to wear, and a wardrobe that was rapidly shrinking. I would get so depressed and frustrated as I tried on 4 or five outfits in order to find something respectable to wear.

I'm having the same problem now, but now I'm on the downside trend, not the up! But it's still a problem!

My weight loss on the scale has slowed up, but evidently the inches are coming off just as fast. I no longer go to the IP clinic: because I am broke I switched to alternatives. So I don;t get my measurements any more, or have my fat loss read.

I am a business banker, and have to dress "up". I've been replacing my wardrobe at Goodwill as I lose. I have chosen clothes that are too small at the time, knowing that I will fit into them later. I try them on two or three weeks later and they are hanging off me, and I can't wear them.

My wardrobe now consists of too many things that are too big for me to wear, a very few things that work, and several items that are still a size smaller and I can't wear them yet.

I have 18 more pounds to lose, and I really don;t want to go on a clothes buying spree now, even at Goodwill, because it's getting too pricey! So I have been rotating the same 3 pairs of slacks (blue, grey and black) with different blouses and jackets (that are also too big!) until I settle into my goal weight.

So now in the mornings I feel frustrated, because I find I still have to try 5 or six things on, eating up my "get ready" time in the mornings, and I run out the door just as stressed as I used to when I was at my heaviest!! I know this is temporary. I truly am grateful for my losses. It's just funny that I'm having the same problems as before, but for a different (and better!) reason!

Any one else where I am???
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #2  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

I'm definitely having the same problem! Every morning! All my work clothes are too big. I've tried to replace items here and there, but basically I have three pairs of pants and about ten tops. I wear everything on repeat, at least once every two weeks. I don't want to spend a lot of money because I still have weight to lose, but I know I look ridiculous at work in my way-too-big sweaters. My hubby even "lovingly" pointed out my winter coat (new last March) makes me look pregnant. I hate to complain because its awesome and exactly what I wanted and worked for, but on the other hand, this transition phase is really bugging me :-)
ladyrayado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #3  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

I know how you feel. I did however buy a few new items after losing almost 50lbs because everything was looking really big on me. I got a ton of compliments when I wore the new clothes since they actually fit. My husband will also let me know when something just looks too big and it is frustrating at the time but I do appreciate the input. Much better then when he would say things were a little too tight (in a loving way). I too feel like I am wearing the same things all the time. Not sure what the best solution is but you should both be at goal really soon and then you can buy some new stuff! One good thing about being tall is it takes 15-20lbs for me before moving down a size but I am still holding off. Oh, maybe try to figure out your outfit the night before so you are not taking up your get ready time and less stress in the morning.
SarahDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #4  
Restarted IP 4/29/15

S/C/G: 184/163.6/130 Date:7/14/15

Height: 5'2" Mints: 4/27: 45/39/45.5 6/1: 44/37.5/43.5 6/28: 43/36.5/43.5

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahDC View Post
Oh, maybe try to figure out your outfit the night before so you are not taking up your get ready time and less stress in the morning.
Exactly what I was gonna say. Make a game out of it - maybe even a fashion show for the peeps at your house.

Another suggestion: Explore consignment shop(s). Take your old stuff in, and either get paid $$ or some shops give you more net if you instead choose store credit.

Garage Sales are another great alternative - people seem to have tons of clothes and want a pittance for them.

PS: My Goodwill changes their 50% off color on Sunday. If I'm looking, I go when they open on Sunday to get the best 1/2 pricers B4 they are picked clean.

Last edited by flvamp; 11-11-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: ps
flvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I have ONE pair of khaki pants and ONE pair of jeans, good thing I work at home. My work shirts are Polo's with the company name BUT all of my work shirts are 5x's and now I am in a 2x!!...I use them to sleep in now...haha...I just have ONE black solid shirt that I wear with my khaki's to work when I have to go in. I work from home so I mostly wear shorts (falling off now) and a tank top. I did just however get back from shopping and picked me up 2 shirts for $3.57 each so I was excited. I now have 5 shirts that FIT me and aren't too big for me. I think we will all go through this but Its worth it right?
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

This is such a great problem to have! But I can understand the frustration. After I move past my 16's, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I will probably check out the Goodwill to see if I can find things to hold me over until goal. I haven't been in a 14 since maybe high school or early college years (I'm 33) so I don't even remember what that feels like! Maybe start wearing belts around bigger tops and jackets? Or safety pinning the waist of pants? Whatever it takes right!?
misswinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #7  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

Wuv, it is definitely worth it! Clothes transition is something all of us have and will go through. I actually started picking my outfits out at night this week, so I know exactly what to put on in the mornings and don't have to think about it. It has made life much easier. I just found the local thift shop too, so I'm going to check that out tomorrow!
Thanks for all the advice and support!
ladyrayado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/222/185

Height: 5'11"

Default Looking forward to clothes shopping

This is my 4th week and I am down 14.41lbs with another 25.6 to reach my goal weight. My clothes are starting to loosen up, but I am actually looking forward to shopping for smaller sizes. Of course, that won't be until I get mch closer to my goal weight.

All the cute clothes on the sales and clearance racks are in small sizes! And I am a bargain shopper!
Focused at 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I just got done cleaning out my closet because so many things were just too big for me now and they looked just as bad on me too big and they looked on me too small. I now own one pair of jeans, one dressier pair of pants, 1/2 dozen shirts and some sweaters. I think I will be washing clothes a lot more now. Good thing I'm a stay at home mom with this very limited wardrobe. I'm thrilled to have such an empty closet, it feels great!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #10  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I have the same problem too! I have one pair of jeans that fit (although they're actually somewhat baggy too), two pairs of shorts (but too short to be work appropriate) and two dresses (although both need to be taken in in the waist) that I rotate through. I do have a few shirts that actually fit BUT two of them are yellow and can't be worn with a dark bra and since I don't have any nude bras that fit, I can't even wear them.

It's so annoying because I really have to carefully plan out what I wear or I can end up with a major wardrobe malfunction (my too big shirts are too low cut now).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Don't forget about Ebay. I have found lots of nice, preowned clothes at a good price on Ebay. Quite often you can find a "lot" of clothing that consists of many different types of clothing all in the same lot. For example, jeans and casual shirts or skirts and blouses for work.

Last edited by MustangMolly; 11-11-2011 at 04:10 PM.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #12  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

I too have this problem... I have resorted to wearing black yoga pants to work.... because I am swimming in everything else... I have found alot of places are having more sales due to the holiday season fast approaching....
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #13  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

yes, great problem to have but frustrating for sure!

I had a closet full of different sizes so I still have pants that fit but most of my tops are too big. My hubby and I are going out of town next weekend and I am going to buy a few new things as a treat... can't wait!!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #14  
IP Start Date 9/21/11

S/C/G: 214/212/140

Height: 5'3

I'm having the same issue's with my clothes. I've been wearing sweaters and switch around different colored cami's. With a pair of black and brown slacks, I've been able mix and match. I've been selling my old clothes on eBay which gives me extra money to buy a few new clothes. It's a constant cycle, but a good one.
Susiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #15  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiego View Post
I'm having the same issue's with my clothes. I've been wearing sweaters and switch around different colored cami's. With a pair of black and brown slacks, I've been able mix and match. I've been selling my old clothes on eBay which gives me extra money to buy a few new clothes. It's a constant cycle, but a good one.

I also sell a ton of stuff on a local buy/sell facebook page.... it's so great getting money for clothes that don't fit!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote