Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #166  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Okay so after a completely miserable week on plan (basically I felt like a teenager stomping and pouting because I couldn't eat anything yummy). I had a great weigh-in...

down 6.4 pounds....2 inches in the chest, 2 inches in the waist, 1.5 inches in the hip, 1/2 inch on each arm, no change in thighs....wow was I carrying some bloat around.

On to week two (this morning I was down another 1.2 pounds). Okay I guess I can keep this up.
Way to go, Darbs!.. I knew you could do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Aunt Shesie, we all notice you! You've been such an inspiration to so many of us. It's not goofy at all, I think everyone learns and grows (or shrinks) as we get older.
Quote:
Okay ladies my mind is running wild on me.....here are some thoughts going through it....

1. The hardest part of IP is phase 4 and sticking to it.

2. But sticking to it....really works

3. I am having major body image issues.....when I was 246...I thought I looked "okay".....but now I am my own worst enemy....I tried on at least 10 different designers/brands this week...all in a comfortable size 6 yet....I am unhappy with my progress.

4. When I buy jeans I buy waist 28 or 29 (or at least when I was a size 8 that is the waist size I bought) yet at my clinic my waist measurement is higher (by several inches)....why?

5. I am pleased that 3 months on maintenance I was only up about 5 pounds....but I really want to lose the last 15.....but I am having a harder time loving phase 1 (although I am sticking to it).

6.Will I ever be happy with my progress?
Thanks, Amy... I think I'm slowly recovering from my recent self-underappreciated state... I recently came across an absolutely brilliant blog post that helped a lot &, in light of Darbs's #6 thought, I'll quote a little bit of it:

~~~~~~~~~
What Are You Afraid Of?
by Caroline Radway

Do you find that no matter how ‘good’ your intentions are to get healthy and fit, that you can’t seem to prevent yourself from messing it all up at a critical moment?

Do you seem on autopilot when it comes to some of your less productive habits, resulting in self-sabotage that stop you from reaching those goals you were so dedicated to just a short while earlier?

There are always deeper things involved, so rather than getting further into that cycle of self-sabotage – guilt – denial – self sabotage why not think about things a little differently?

Our sabotaging behaviours, the mindset that triggers them and the overweightness that result can all stem from fear.

The patterns of behaviour are a comfort to us in times of need, they serve a purpose, even if its a misguided one, there are positives to be seen and recognised rather than just blaming. Subconsciously we are protecting ourselves from perceived threat – whatever that may be.

The resulting layer of unwanted fat is also protection – from unwanted attention perhaps, if there has been history of traumatic experience, but also it is often more universal and self-propagating – it is a way of hiding the light we have to shine, for fear that we are not good enough to shine it!
~~~~~~~~~

To read the rest of this inspiring post, go to FitBodyFix...

hugs
Old 09-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #167  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Great thread. I would agree that Phase 4 is the hardest Darbs7! I gained a few lbs after being on Maintenance for 1 yr. 3 mo. I started on Phase 1 last week and took 6 of those lbs off right away. I only have 4 lbs to go to be back at goal.

I'm still overall convinced that this program works. The problem comes when you stop weighing yourself and consider "ignorance is bliss!" I still have never maintained a goal weight for a year or worn the same clothes for over a year. I usually would have been back to where I started already,but instead I am making sure I can get 10 lbs off instead of 45!

I did realize that I am a stress eater though. I had a hard day at work yesterday and went home and cheated and not with any good food either. That makes me mad. Anyway, back on track today and ready to lose those pesky few lbs.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #168  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Yesterday was my first day back on phase 1, it was a success. Cheers to day two, hope I can keep it up this time.

I am looking for a good protein powder, can anyone tell me what there favorite is?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #169  

I was on Ideal Protein for 8 months and lost 60lbs. The last three months of that stint I was pregnant, unknowingly, and didn't know why I couldn't loose any weight! I was just a few pounds from a goal I thought i would never hit. I really am not complaining about getting pregnant. Honestly I didn't think I could get pregnant. Now my girl is 9 months old and I gained EVERYTHING back and then some. I'm trying to get on the diet again but there is always something going on or some reason to cheat. Plus a 400 dollar electric bill for 3 months running makes the diet out of reach. I want to loose the weight again to keep up with my kiddo. It just seems like my will power vanished. I feel weak! HELP!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #170  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

I think this is a more common problem when you've had alot of issues in life you have used food to solve.
I am back op after three weeks off, and it's hard. But, the payoff from hard work has always been worth it, no matter what you do. the honesty here is beautiful and supportive.
I like the thought of keeping mindset that you are more or less, always "oP" for life. Not so bad, phase four is pretty yummy.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:51 AM   #171  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

I so much wanted to check in here but my internet connection has been down for 3 1/2 days. That added to a borrowed 6-year old Mac with a German key board = frustration personified. So I got my IP substitute whey powder on the 6th and started back on the 7th. Down 8.2 pounds. Life is sweet. Ur, sorry for the tasteless choice of words. It has to be attributable to the walking, four to seven miles a day. The latter, though was unintentional. I just didn't realize until I got home how far I'd gone on our third walk of the day. And maybe I should qualify "walk". Some of it was more like an intermittent stroll governed by the pace of the pup who's turning into a scent hound who has to test the odor of every new fall leaf plus other unmentionables.

How's your new puppy doing, Carla?

Last edited by Linden; 09-15-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 160/IP 155/146/118

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
from Aunt Shesie[INDENT]What Are You Afraid Of?
by Caroline Radway

Do you find that no matter how ‘good’ your intentions are to get healthy and fit, that you can’t seem to prevent yourself from messing it all up at a critical moment?

Do you seem on autopilot when it comes to some of your less productive habits, resulting in self-sabotage that stop you from reaching those goals you were so dedicated to just a short while earlier?

There are always deeper things involved, so rather than getting further into that cycle of self-sabotage – guilt – denial – self sabotage why not think about things a little differently?

Our sabotaging behaviours, the mindset that triggers them and the overweightness that result can all stem from fear.

The patterns of behaviour are a comfort to us in times of need, they serve a purpose, even if its a misguided one, there are positives to be seen and recognised rather than just blaming. Subconsciously we are protecting ourselves from perceived threat – whatever that may be.

The resulting layer of unwanted fat is also protection – from unwanted attention perhaps, if there has been history of traumatic experience, but also it is often more universal and self-propagating – it is a way of hiding the light we have to shine, for fear that we are not good enough to shine it!
Thank you so much Aunt Shesie. This was exactly what I needed to read today. I had recommitted to restarting last Monday and was doing great and feeling great being back on Phase 1 until yesterday. With long work hours and a dinner meeting on Tuesday followed by an all day conference (with delicious food!) and only 5 hours sleep, I stayed on program until last night. I was exhausted and grabbed for the old familiar "comfort" foods and totally binged, yet again! This morning I was feeling "eaters" remorse.......again and was totally discouraged, but your quote really helped me drop the remorse and recommit. As a binge eater, I do believe that eating is an emotional crutch and is preventing me for being all that I can be. Thank you for always providing such insightful and thought provoking exerpts. Today is a new day and my past does not have to permanently predict my future. Thank you, Aunt Shesie!

Also, Darbs, I totally agree with you regarding body image and the difficulty of Phase 4. This is truly a journey of self discovery. The journey is complicated because of how integral food is in our socializing. We are constantly challenged and tempted by our environment and we have to keep our eyes on the prize.

For all of you who have restarted, I wish you the stregth to continue to make the appropriate choices. It truly is a meal by meal commitment.

For all of you who are slightly "derailed", you can do it, you have done it in the past and today is a new day to recommit. Do not let your past define your future.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:34 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Well, I'm officially no longer a lurker. I've been back OP for a week and am down 6 lbs. Yay. I was on the program for 2 months back in January, February then left my coach because she was intolerable. I had a hard time staying on program and trying to get my products online, anyway, I managed to maintain for a while then my best friend was killed in a boating accident and two days later I had to put my dog to sleep. It's been a very difficult summer and I simply did not want to deny myself. So I didn't. I packed all of the weight back plus 10 lbs. I have to say that I gained that weight back so fast it was astonishing. I absolutely freaked out - I have never gained weight so fast. So - I am finally recommitted and the first week is behind me. Not too bad, headache the first day, some fatigue today, but I've been on my treadmill every night and I am back in the groove that I found before. I'm a diabetic, so in some ways, having food that I don't have to worry about - that just fuels me and doesn't stress my vascular system - is such a luxury. I can have salty crispy flavors, and chocolate flavors and they're all safe to eat. I'm truly grateful for the peace of mind that gives me. This time, I'm going to follow it through. This time I'm focusing on my BMI - not my weight, and I'm not counting the weeks shooting for "on this day I'll weigh THIS". I'm just doing the program every day, finding as much enjoyment from the lack of heartburn, and lowered blood sugar levels and that's enough. I'm so glad to be back among you all.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:36 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

I have GOT to figure out how to make my picture SMALLER!!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #175  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Well, I'm officially no longer a lurker. I've been back OP for a week and am down 6 lbs. Yay. I was on the program for 2 months back in January, February then left my coach because she was intolerable. I had a hard time staying on program and trying to get my products online, anyway, I managed to maintain for a while then my best friend was killed in a boating accident and two days later I had to put my dog to sleep. It's been a very difficult summer and I simply did not want to deny myself. So I didn't. I packed all of the weight back plus 10 lbs. I have to say that I gained that weight back so fast it was astonishing. I absolutely freaked out - I have never gained weight so fast. So - I am finally recommitted and the first week is behind me. Not too bad, headache the first day, some fatigue today, but I've been on my treadmill every night and I am back in the groove that I found before. I'm a diabetic, so in some ways, having food that I don't have to worry about - that just fuels me and doesn't stress my vascular system - is such a luxury. I can have salty crispy flavors, and chocolate flavors and they're all safe to eat. I'm truly grateful for the peace of mind that gives me. This time, I'm going to follow it through. This time I'm focusing on my BMI - not my weight, and I'm not counting the weeks shooting for "on this day I'll weigh THIS". I'm just doing the program every day, finding as much enjoyment from the lack of heartburn, and lowered blood sugar levels and that's enough. I'm so glad to be back among you all.

Don't worry about making the picture smaller....it is a lovely picture.

So sorry about your losses....dust yourself off and grab your bootstraps and get this done.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #176  

Okay so I have 12 days gone and no cheating. I am down 9 pounds...yippppeee.

Fridays are tough....I want to go out to a nice dinner and have a glass of wine....but I will fight this urge....3 more weekends of will-power...then back to maintenance until January....this is a journey.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #177  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Okay so I have 12 days gone and no cheating. I am down 9 pounds...yippppeee.

Fridays are tough....I want to go out to a nice dinner and have a glass of wine....but I will fight this urge....3 more weekends of will-power...then back to maintenance until January....this is a journey.
You can do it, Darbs!! Still go out for a nice dinner, but skip the wine and tell yourself that you'll be a much nicer glass in a month. I used to do that all the time and it helped me get through. I "saved" my money and then we got a great bottle of champagne for our anniversary (well, 1/2 bottle)... I had a whopping 1/2 glass, but enjoyed every sip.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
You can do it, Darbs!! Still go out for a nice dinner, but skip the wine and tell yourself that you'll be a much nicer glass in a month. I used to do that all the time and it helped me get through. I "saved" my money and then we got a great bottle of champagne for our anniversary (well, 1/2 bottle)... I had a whopping 1/2 glass, but enjoyed every sip.
I definately know that...but it is HARD...especially after 3 months on maintenance and now that I am wearing a size 6 in every designer I have tried on.....if the scale was just a better number I could be happier. Love the size though....this morning size 6 pants...size 0 top from Chico's and a small cardigan from NY and Company....alll loosey goosey....wow this is great! That is what will stop me from having that glass of wine.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #179  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
I definately know that...but it is HARD...especially after 3 months on maintenance and now that I am wearing a size 6 in every designer I have tried on.....if the scale was just a better number I could be happier. Love the size though....this morning size 6 pants...size 0 top from Chico's and a small cardigan from NY and Company....alll loosey goosey....wow this is great! That is what will stop me from having that glass of wine.
Are you still exercising? I know you were. I think you've got a lot of muscle mass (more than me, for sure!) and that is part of what the scale is reflecting... Try not to focus completely on the scale. I know that is harder said than done, and I also know that you aren't fixated on it.

I wish I were a small in cardigans. I'm a 6 in most sizes on the bottom, but 8 in some still and M or L in tops because of my chest. I'll take it, though.

Speaking of the scale, I stepped on this morning and it said 145.0... I really can't believe it. It's completely surreal... I still have some fat to lose around my abs and love handles and inner thighs, but hopefully that will even out on the scale when I keep building muscle.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I hear you! I really want to get down 5 more pounds, but clothes size-wise I am pretty satisfied. I have a lot of muscle mass...but I don't want to use that as an excuse not to get back to where I was!
Closed Thread