Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #76  
Ray

S/C/G: 170.6/170.6/135

Height: 5 ft

does anyone have any idea how to get the tracker to go on all my posts? i had it working last night and now its not showing again. help!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #77  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
does anyone have any idea how to get the tracker to go on all my posts? i had it working last night and now its not showing again. help!
Do you meet the requirements as stated in the first post of this thread? If so, you can put it in your signature. Quick links --> edit signature. You also have to check the box that says "show signature" when you post. See the additional options below the box where you click to submit reply.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #78  
Started IP 04/02/11

S/C/G: 178/166/135

Height: 5' 0

Hey I was just curious, does anyone else on this diet have hypothyroidism? I am wondering if I could get some feedback from anyone who is taking thyroid meds and their results on the IP diet.

I was diagnosed in Feb 2011 ~I had been struggling to lose the weight I gained during my pregnancy and was having all other symptoms as well.My nutritionist who put me on the IP diet told me to take my temp every morning before rising and for the last week ~ it was really low which she says is directly related to my metabolism. So she recommended a supplement called Thyrosol to take along with my prescribed synthroid.

Anyways I would love to hear from those who also have thyroid issues and how this diet is working for you!!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
Hey I was just curious, does anyone else on this diet have hypothyroidism? I am wondering if I could get some feedback from anyone who is taking thyroid meds and their results on the IP diet.

I was diagnosed in Feb 2011 ~I had been struggling to lose the weight I gained during my pregnancy and was having all other symptoms as well.My nutritionist who put me on the IP diet told me to take my temp every morning before rising and for the last week ~ it was really low which she says is directly related to my metabolism. So she recommended a supplement called Thyrosol to take along with my prescribed synthroid.

Anyways I would love to hear from those who also have thyroid issues and how this diet is working for you!!
My mother does and start the diet about 2 weeks ago. She's lost a little over 10 pounds in 11 days. It took her 3 months to lose the previous 10 pounds-without meds. She started meds in the fall. I don't know anything else, but hope that helps!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #80  
Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I do like chocolate, vanilla and butterscotch puddings, just not blueberry. Or banana. Maybe strawberry will be ok.
those are the puddings i like too, but i haven't tried the blueberry one yet. i just tried the strawberry pudding and i really liked it. but for breakfast i had the chocolate shake and that was the best one yet, very YUMMY!

Last edited by Ray; 04-08-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #81  
Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Do you meet the requirements as stated in the first post of this thread? If so, you can put it in your signature. Quick links --> edit signature. You also have to check the box that says "show signature" when you post. See the additional options below the box where you click to submit reply.
thanks Pxlkitty4, i will try that.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #82  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
How about an angel??

I'll take that too!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #83  
Started IP 2/15/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Don't give up on the puddings!!! Well, at least out of personal experience. Everyone's different. But first see if adding a little more water helps!!

I HATED them at first, blegh! Because they had such a thick, gritty texture. Finally a couple days ago I added a little more water than it called for, just to see if that would help (not sure why I didn't the first several times!!). And it made all the difference in the world!!

I also mix things. Like I mix the chocolate pudding with the cappucino mix, 150mL cold water, mmmmmmmm I could eat that all day.
How about adding cinnamon to the mix? I found that changed up the flavor of butterscotch a lot.

Also found coconut milk, which has minimal fat and sugar, and less than one carb in an 8 ounce glass. Mixing about 2.5 ounces to 3 ounces water water really changes up the texture, especially if you shake it really hard. I personally don't think that causes excess carb consumption, although other folks may think differently. If you do this, be sure to wash your shaker immediately.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Where and how do I post pictures? I think mine now show a difference and I'd like to share.
Thanks,
Mary
Old 04-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #85  
Started IP 2/15/11

Quote:

I seem to be responding to a lot of questions...hmmmm?

Anyway, I had my thyroid removed when I was 19, and am now far on the other side of that. I am having no issues with weight loss. About 10 years ago my naturopath had me start taking armour thyroid, which has a more natural release in the body than the synthetics. Apparently it has both T3 and T4 compounds, while the synthetics have only one of the T's. Perhaps you could talk to your Dr. about what you are taking?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I hope everyone had a great Friday!

My day actually went very well, I think. I managed dinner just fine. We went to a pasta place but they had salads. I ordered a Tango Salad (baby spinach, shrimp, red pepper, mango, and some kind of dressing) without the mango and without the dressing and I had them add some chicken as an extra. They accidentally added zuchini, which is OP and which I love, so I was not at all unhappy about it! All of the veg and meat were heated and put on the salad. I brought some WF balsamic dressing with me and it was delicious!!! I drank water. Then, we went back to MIL's for birthday cake (Black Forest) for my SIL. I had an IP choco raspberry bar (which counted as my snack) and I was perfectly happy with that! I never even felt like I was missing out. My only "hic" was that I participated in two toasts to my dearly departed FIL (shots of 12-year-old Chivas Regal Scotch Whiskey that he had been saving for a special occasion)... it was niiiice! ...but boy was I feeling the effects of that!). So, all in all, minus the alcohol, I would say that my day was pretty good!

Now for the memorial tomorrow... and burger night at MIL's afterwards... still considering making Big Mac in a Bowl and bringing it with me... we'll see... the burgers are going to be Costco's Angus Burgers, which are very high in cals (I think they are about 600 cals each - almost as much as we eat in a day on IP). Everyone in the family knows now that I am dieting and avoiding carbs... I just haven't shared any details... Yet.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-09-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #87  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Anyway, I wanted to ask a quick favour before I go. I met an incredible family this morning who has a very sick little girl. I photographed them as part of my affiliation with the Now I Lay me Down to Sleep Foundation and would like to ask, if you'd all be willing to keep sweet Olivia in your prayers? She needs a heart transplant, among other things, and really is just the sweetest little thing. I and her family would really appreciate your good thoughts and prayers for her

Thanking you in advance
What a beautiful baby and a wonderful picture, poor little one of course I will pray for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Loving the reports of great WI's & all the love and encouragement flying around here today. Just so thankful for all of you, and for this program.

Had WI#7 today & 4 lbs gone. Yay! Had a nice NSV today, too. Still trying to figure it out. I was moving some fall jackets to a spare closet, and looked lovingly on one I bought a couple of years ago. It's very fitted, and I only wore it for a month or so, and it got too tight. I put it on, buttoned it up, and it fits PERFECTLY! The amazing thing is, I KNOW I weighed 10 lbs less when bought it than I do now, but it fits the same or better than it did then! IP has SO exceeded my expectations. Love it!
This seems to be happening to a lot of people on this forum. I am still waiting, I know I am a few sizes smaller but hard to tell as I am still shopping in my closets but I love that I can wear my wranglers and levis again, instead of cotton ginny + sizes. :
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
I was so excited today to buy some size 12 pants and size Large shirts. I have zero memory of ever wearing a 12. I wonder if I skipped it all together?! This diet is expensive (not only the food but the clothes) but SO WORTH IT. Have a great weekend...
My friend is going to give me her 14s as she thinks I will need them shortly. I can't remember ever wearing 14s either... hopefully that time will be soon.

I am home from you WI #8 I am over the moon, after last weeks 2.5 it was a 7lb loss. Didn't get measured as they were too busy, but I think I can see the difference this week. I am so happy, 36 in 8 weeks I have never had success. I look forward to all my mini goals, it makes my journey much easier. My friend at work is so encouraging and is always there for me, we text each other after every wi and she is always happy for me. Thank goodness for Rene and Emma and all my friends here. Have a good weekend, tomorrow I will have my blood pressure checked before I give blood, I was 139/79 and 36 lbs heavier...
Old 04-08-2011, 10:47 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:

Me! I was diagnosed when I was 23 years old. I take Synthroid (0.1 - the little yellow pills). I initially gained a lot of weight before being diagnosed. It took a long time but I eventually lost the weight, with the help of a Dietician/Nutritionist, before getting married in 2002 (down to 135 lbs). Then, I had kids! I gained way too much in each of my two pregnancies. I have been working hard through diet, exercise and calorie counting (I was also seeing the same Dietician/Nutritionist who had helped me before my wedding) to lose the weight but I went down from 206 lbs to about 176 lbs and just got stuck there for over a year and a half. I dumped the Dietician/Nutritionist after she accused me of "not participating" in the diet she gave me, which was so false! IP is the first thing that has worked for me in over a year and a half! I am so thrilled because I was starting to believe that I would never lose the weight and that I might just have to accept the way that I was (and the fact that I would eventually gain more again).

In addition to losing weight, I am seeing a disappearance of other symptoms: digestive issues, generalized anxiety, anxiety attacks (particularly while shopping), mood swings, irritability, insomnia... I look and feel about 10 years younger! ...and I feel like a much better wife and mom!

I hope it works for you too!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-08-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Birthday Party

I forgot to tell you about the party the girls had for me this morning at work. My birthday is tomorrow, and since we don't work on Sat. they went out and bought lettuce in a bag and a salad spritzer! We didn't have cake, we had little plates of lettuce to celebrate. Isn't that just the best? They all participated! Lettuce at 8 am. Crazy.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #90  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I updated my pics with profile views and a fourth frontal view. Not much of a change from pic 3 to 4 but I can tell. Probably won't be back on the forum until Monday.
Closed Thread