Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #46  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone,

I just popped in to lurk because I'm getting ready to start back to Phase 1 on my own. I haven't decided the date exactly yet, because I have a friend living with us that is going to do it with me and I'd like to coordinate with him a bit.

Carla, I'm so happy to see you are starting back. I think your message was providential for me this morning when I made the decision! Stay focused and you know it will work.

For those of you that remember me, I've been here awhile, lost a lot of weight and phased out to what I think will be my healthy way of eating once I reach my goal. I've continued to lose weight, just slower. Since March when I began healthier eating, I'm down over 80 pounds. (I had only lost 15 pounds before I started IP in July.)

My friend wants to lose about 15 pounds and I need to lose 15-20 pounds to get to onederland, so I told him I'd do this with him. I think we will be using mostly alternative products, but I'm comfortable that I can do that now. I know he may lose faster than me because he's a guy. It may also be easier for him because he's 24 years old and I'm 44, on the other hand, he's already lost a lot of weight to, so we'll see. Whatever the case, I'm losing for me... it's just nice to have a second person in the house eating the same food! We will both reach our goals when we reach them and if he gets there first, good for him!

I'm also in the middle of a really heavy school schedule again so it should make it interesting. I am thoroughly enjoying the Training and Conditioning class that I'm taking. It probably means I'll be working out a bit more than I might otherwise on IP, but it would be mostly resistance training anyway.

Anyway, have a great day everyone. I've finished my modified chicken tortilla soup for lunch and it's time to get back to studying!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #47  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancie View Post
Good morning! This is my FIRST day on IP and I thought I would come check out the chat while I drank my tea. I just finished eating my maple oatmeal. It's.......interesting. I'm guessing it will take some getting used to.
I am so committed to losing weight on this program! I've yo-yo'd my whole life, but just recently gained 36 pounds after we had a miscarriage in August. I'm done punishing myself with bad food choices and am ready to get myself healthy so I can be a better mother to my 2 little boys and hopefully have another one once I get this weight off!
Looking forward to coming here for support and ideas along the journey!
Becky
Welcome Becky!
The IP food does take some adjusting, but you will find your favorites. My first few days we're very hard because I couldn't find a pack that I liked.
Good luck on your journey!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #48  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

I'm so excited for today. I have my WI and after a few back and forth moments with no lost the last couple of weeks my home scale is showing a 4.5 pound decrease from where I was at my last WI so I KNOW I've lost weight. I'm so pumped for it!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #49  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Having a good day in NJ. Next WI is on Friday. Hoping for some good numbers. I am heading into my 3 week on the program.

Carla - best of luck to you again, looks like you have a great support system here so you should breeze right through. Loved that you posted what you will be having today. I would love to see everyones menus of what they eat a day.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #50  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I'm so excited for today. I have my WI and after a few back and forth moments with no lost the last couple of weeks my home scale is showing a 4.5 pound decrease from where I was at my last WI so I KNOW I've lost weight. I'm so pumped for it!!!

Good luck on your WI, I know you will do well. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
To any of the other males on here or females if they have experienced it....I have noticed the past 4-5 days, just sitting at rest, ie working at my desk, watching tv, lying down, I will get an intense sense of being hot and just start to perspire then it will go away. I talked to my WI coaches and they said that they had heard other males experiencing this. It does not make me feel bad it is just strange. Is this common? How long does this last, the whole time I am on IP?

Any thoughts or answers will be appreciated. Thanks!
Not a guy, and I have had that happen. Is there a pattern related to how long it's been since you ate? Or is it unpredictable?

For me it starts within an hour of eating. I just figured it was the body's furnace kicking into gear to digest the food.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #52  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Having a good day in NJ. Next WI is on Friday. Hoping for some good numbers. I am heading into my 3 week on the program.

Carla - best of luck to you again, looks like you have a great support system here so you should breeze right through. Loved that you posted what you will be having today. I would love to see everyones menus of what they eat a day.
Today's Menu:
Breakfast - Cappuccino
Lunch - Salad with radish and mushrooms, side of raw cucumbers. Wildberry Yogurt drink.
Dinner - Sauted shrimp and roasted zucchini
Snack - Orange drink or blueberry drink
Old 01-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #53  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Hi Everyone,

I just popped in to lurk because I'm getting ready to start back to Phase 1 on my own. I haven't decided the date exactly yet, because I have a friend living with us that is going to do it with me and I'd like to coordinate with him a bit.

Carla, I'm so happy to see you are starting back. I think your message was providential for me this morning when I made the decision! Stay focused and you know it will work.

For those of you that remember me, I've been here awhile, lost a lot of weight and phased out to what I think will be my healthy way of eating once I reach my goal. I've continued to lose weight, just slower. Since March when I began healthier eating, I'm down over 80 pounds. (I had only lost 15 pounds before I started IP in July.)

My friend wants to lose about 15 pounds and I need to lose 15-20 pounds to get to onederland, so I told him I'd do this with him. I think we will be using mostly alternative products, but I'm comfortable that I can do that now. I know he may lose faster than me because he's a guy. It may also be easier for him because he's 24 years old and I'm 44, on the other hand, he's already lost a lot of weight to, so we'll see. Whatever the case, I'm losing for me... it's just nice to have a second person in the house eating the same food! We will both reach our goals when we reach them and if he gets there first, good for him!

I'm also in the middle of a really heavy school schedule again so it should make it interesting. I am thoroughly enjoying the Training and Conditioning class that I'm taking. It probably means I'll be working out a bit more than I might otherwise on IP, but it would be mostly resistance training anyway.

Anyway, have a great day everyone. I've finished my modified chicken tortilla soup for lunch and it's time to get back to studying!
Welcome back Marion! Glad to hear you have been doing so well on your maintnance program. I hope this means you will start posting again? Good luck on your restart - we're rooting for you!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
I would love that! <deleted>@***.com
Hey aheck! Once longdivision's got your email address, you might want to edit your post to prevent getting spammed from here to the next millenium! I know you're relatively new (18 posts as of the one I quoted) so you may not know the risks. On the other hand, maybe you do and you want fake rolex deals, stock information, and of course all those enhancement products and drugs!

To edit, just look in the lower right of your post. Just to the left of the "Quote" button, you'll see an "Edit" button.
- Click the edit button. Result: A quick editing window opens right in the post.
- Delete your email address and click "Save" in the editing window.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 01-17-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #55  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
I would love that!
ok, the info has been sent. feel free to delete your post!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
OK! Here I go. This marks the start of day1 as I set out to finish losing.

I am up and have had my first 24 ounces of water. I will probably need much more than the usual volume this week. My allergies are still in full swing and the homeopathic remedy I am using is drying me out more than I anticipated. (glad I didn't get a decongestant too!)

I have a pilates class scheduled for today. I don't plan on canceling. It will probably help me burn off some of the glucose/glycogen. It is a semi private class (2 of us share the time) so, I spoke with my trainer yesterday and let her know I was hoping to stay in a more moderate heart rate zone. I will make sure to get in 4 protein packs a day when I do exercise.

SO, the game plan for today is egg omelette for breakfast with some veggies, workout, coffee with IP vanilla rtd, salad/2c veggies and Peach mango drink for lunch, lettuce snack and tea (I get a 3:30 munchies thing.), dinner of fish, salad, cauliflower rice and turnip greens with some turnip bits (not many), and a chocolate pudding snack.

I am brewing up a pot of herb tea now so I can quickly drink or warm something up.

I can't explain it. I know this works yet, I am actually feeling as anxious (maybe more so) as I seriously approach doing this again. I keep feeling/thinking "what if I messed this up with a break?" I know that shouldn't be the case, Sylvie (an early member) did the same thing as me and lost very well her second time around. I just keep trying to remember that. SO, I will try to hold my anxiety to a minimum but, I will be need the help and support of all of you as I get back into the phase 1 boot camp mentality/mode. I am not setting extreme goals this time. I expect, based on my weight to AVERAGE 2-3 pounds a week loss by the time I have finished. I will be doing everything I can to keep those numbers closer to the 3 pound end of the spectrum.

Off now to take my starting weights and measures. THAT should be fun! I don't think I have measured in 3 months. I haven't jumped on a scale since 12/27. (fingers crossed for reasonable results. I know I am up. My jeans are a bit different in fit.)

Thanks in advance for all the support! You guys are amazing and I wouldn't be able to think of doing this without you all!

Great to see you on here again! I am on my second go at this as well. I started IP at 185lbs back in Feb 2010 and I am back at it as of Jan 3 2011 at 158lbs. I am down 8.8lbs so far My first time through I was in a very different living situation where it was easy to cook for myself and manage the diet. Now my husband and I live with my in-laws and to top it off I work at a restaurant. Needless to say I am nervous this time around as well. It is all I can do to keep from having little cheats here and there! Here's to round two! You'll do fabulously. I love the support we have here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Carla, sending you good vibes this morning as you start the second part of your journey. I am mostly a lurker, but have been around a long time (started IP on 12/2/09). I was consistent through June of 2010 and then began to tweak this and that and bounced around the same 10lbs for the last 6 months. I could give all the excuses, summer, vacation, back to school stress, stress of the kids in my class, etc., but the truth is I just didn't work the plan. On Jan 1 I recommitted and have seen an 18lb drop since. I know that the water weight loss was significant, but it feels good to see the scale going back down instead of up. I know that you will do great in this second half of your journey because you are a planner and researcher and you know how the plan works/how to work the plan. Anyway, best of luck! Please know that I may not post often but I am always supporting you.
Good to see you here again as well! 18lbs since Jan 1 is fantastic!! That's like 1lb everyday! Good luck on the second half of your journey as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Hi Everyone,

Good luck on the second leg of your journey! It is always a little easier when someone else in the house is doing the diet with you. Right now my mother-in-law is on the diet as well and she is doing just fine. It's hard because she allows herself cheats all the time and forgets what kind of protein she should have when (we use alternatives and she tries to have meat with lunch all the time - sort of on her own phase 2 I guess ).
Old 01-17-2011, 03:20 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 192/185/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Hey aheck! Once longdivision's got your email address, you might want to edit your post to prevent getting spammed from here to the next millenium! I know you're relatively new (18 posts as of the one I quoted) so you may not know the risks. On the other hand, maybe you do and you want fake rolex deals, stock information, and of course all those enhancement products and drugs!

To edit, just look in the lower right of your post. Just to the left of the "Quote" button, you'll see an "Edit" button.
- Click the edit button. Result: A quick editing window opens right in the post.
- Delete your email address and click "Save" in the editing window.
Thanks!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #58  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Not a guy, and I have had that happen. Is there a pattern related to how long it's been since you ate? Or is it unpredictable?

For me it starts within an hour of eating. I just figured it was the body's furnace kicking into gear to digest the food.
I have noticed it does start around an hour after eating but then other times it is just random. Like right now, I am sitting here doing nothing but sitting at my computer and I ate at 12:00 CST. I will keep track and see if there is a pattern.

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #59  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Wi

Yay! Wi today and 3 lbs lost. I'm so glad.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #60  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
OK! Here I go. This marks the start of day1 as I set out to finish losing.
You can do this and you will rock this out the second time around as well keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEricaSaenz View Post
Good morning to you all.

Carla, best of luck to you! You are an inspiration.

Ok, my week 7 WI today was 162.5 for a loss of 2.3 lbs. I'm very happy as I was averaging a 1 lb loss for a few weeks. Then I started posting here and getting advice (especially on snacking) and I had a much improved week! Thank you all!!! I'm striving for a 3 lb loss this week.
Thats awesome keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning to all. Hope everyone has a great week. I wanted to see if anyone had ideas for making WF dressings taste a bit better. I have tried Ranch, Honey Dijon and Ceasar. Ceasar is the only one I can tolerate. I thought the other 2 would be good but were NOT. Any suggestions? These are the only 3 WF products readily available to me unless I travel.

I normally just use a homemade olive oil, apple cider vinegar and spice dressing but would like to mix it up a bit.

Also, can you leave an olive oil/cider vinegar homemade dressing out on the counter and not store it in the refrigerator? I put mine in the refrigerator and the oil solidified. Are they ok to be left out in sealed container?

Have a great week all.
I have tried a few of the WF dressings and really don't care for them as dressings for salad except for the 1000 islands and Italian. But I use the WF Sesame Ginger as a stir fry sauce that I add to the vegtables. I have the BBQ sauce but have not tried it yet. I make a mustard vinagerette with white vinegar, mustard and splenda and quite like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancie View Post
Good morning! This is my FIRST day on IP and I thought I would come check out the chat while I drank my tea. I just finished eating my maple oatmeal. It's.......interesting. I'm guessing it will take some getting used to.
I am so committed to losing weight on this program! I've yo-yo'd my whole life, but just recently gained 36 pounds after we had a miscarriage in August. I'm done punishing myself with bad food choices and am ready to get myself healthy so I can be a better mother to my 2 little boys and hopefully have another one once I get this weight off!
Looking forward to coming here for support and ideas along the journey!
Becky
Welcome Becky you have come to a great site for support and information and good luck with your weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debonadiet View Post
At the end of 2 weeks, i just had my first official weigh in! I lost 8 pounds and 15 (YES 15) inches! i LOVE IP! I've never had this kind of success before, and i feel great!

Good luck and congrats to all you other "losers" out there! Happy Monday!
Thats awesome keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Yay! Wi today and 3 lbs lost. I'm so glad.
Thats great keep up the great work.
Closed Thread