Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #331  

UGH - I think I've hit a stall...the scale doesn't seem to want to move this week and I weigh in tomorrow. Guess I won't be hitting 40 lbs in 8 weeks like I'd hoped.

Oh well, I guess we can all expect those now and again right I'll have a better week next week

It's my aunt's 60th birthday today and we're having a HUGE party for her. I was put in charge of bringing buns and veggie trays. I went to Costco and purchased a bunch of different kinds of buns (120 of them) and had to drive 45 minutes home with all these delicious smelling buns in the truck. On several occasions I had to grip the steering wheel and force myself not to pull over and shove buns in my mouth...needless to say it was a LONG drive! But I am proud to say I'm still leading a "bun-free belly" existence
Old 03-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Mystical Mamma
I am so sorry to hear about your bad weigh in experience. Tell your coach that you think her assistant was unprofessional and that she withheld your measurements and weight from you until she had asked you about cheating. Tell her you are 100% following the protocol and not "cheating"! Do not let this woman measure you again. And there's no reason your coach should "send you packing" if you tell her. It's business - you paid some $ for consultation from them and are buying the IP packets from them, you'd like to not be accused of cheating and you'd like to be treated in a medically professional manner.

I think you are doing great! Sending some happy thoughts your way. I know how you feel because I've had a few snarky experiences with the weigh-in too. They can't possibly measure the same spot on your thigh each time unless they would mark your thigh with a permanent mark and measure it without pants on!

That has happened to me a few times- the woman measuring me made some snarky comments that made me want to hit her. These people aren't thinking abd they aren't doctors. Don't take her too seriously.

You are doing great! Especially since you have started exercising - your body will thank you in the long run for sure!

One week the girl did the math wrong in her head and said - oh great! 3 pounds lost! I corrected her and said- no 2.2 pounds! She thought it wasn't enough and was trying to figure out why I hadn't lost the 3 pounds- water, lettuce, veggies, constipation, TOM, etc. Then I went in to see the chiropractor (also a coach) and he said my loss was just fine and that I should be happy/proud of myself. But I really felt down all week about it (this was 3 weeks ago) until I went the next week and had the same kind of loss (2.4 pounds). I was getting so close to my goal too. Luckily the girl did not accuse me of cheating, otherwise I would have just cried I think (wow I'm emotional lately).

Regarding the measurements, I measure myself weekly before weigh in to keep their measurements in check. I have had to ASK to be measured again several times since I KNOW what the measurement was in the morning and it couldn't have changed too much by evening. One week the girl pulled the tape tight around my waist and the next week was wondering why I had gained 1/2 inch in the waist. We almost should have a seamstress measure us instead because they know how to take body measurements properly!

yinyang - good for you on starting to walk more. Walking is so healthy and good for the body!

Good luck on the weekend plan everyone!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

jordanna - woohoo - you go girl! I'm so proud of your continued "bun free belly" existence! Good luck at the birthday party tonight and have fun with all your friends and relatives.

You've done amazing on your weight loss. I think 40 pounds in 8 weeks might be too much for a woman? I know it says 3-5 pounds is what we all should lose but I haven't lost that much every week. When you average it out over time, yes it comes to about 3 pounds a week. So you are way above the 24 pounds for a woman to lose in 8 weeks. 36 pounds - way to go! What is that equivalent to= several sticks of butter, a bag of potatoes and a 3 year old? Be proud!

I bet you actually had a great week, right? No cheating - no buns! I'm gonna be chuckling about that all day. Way to start the day with a major NSV!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #334  

S/C/G: Sz 16-18/Sz 12 (tight)/Sz 8-10

Hi Everyone-
I am so happy to find a current thread for IP. I started on March 1st and was down 5.5 the first week.

I am supposed to be on the alternative plan which is more calories because I take a medication that lowers my blood sugar. Instead of adding the other groups I have been adding an additional restricted food (with the approval from the doctor, of course). Yesterday I could barely get all the packets and other food in...I felt really full and energetic. Is anyone else on the alternative plan? I am going to follow the regular plan today and see how I feel. I do work out several times a week - 45 minutes of aerobic activity so I hope this continues to be easy. I guess it helps that I love veggies. I am not fond of some of the IP foods so I really only stick to the chocolate and cappuccino drinks and the P-butter and carmel nut bars.

I really love to hear how everyone is doing...it is very motivating. Thanks for posting!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #335  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Mystical ...your coach's reaction was uncalled for. I'm sure most of you have had a slow week somewhere along the line....I'm sure I will, too. Everyone's body is different. If you have a slow week, my take is the coach is supposed to chime in and be encouraging and let you know that it happens and tell you to keep up the good work and that it will change next week. Actually, I didn't think your week was bad at all. I didn't look back, but I think you said you lost 2.9lbs. That sounds right on track to me.
Wagnomore....yes, I go to Spearfish. It is such a small world. Maybe we will get to meet one day!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #336  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Mystical-
that is just awful! I'm sorry you were treated in such a rude manner! I agree with everyone that you need to talk to your coach and demand she never do your weigh in again! The sad thing is that she may be doing the same thing to someone else that doesn't have the willpower you have and they might just stop the program or really beat themselves up about it!

One note on the thigh measurements....my coach informed me that as we put on weight our butts tend to sag (I know mine did) and as we are losing they are returning to their "natural" position on your body so you might not see as many inches on your thighs, even though they are getting smaller. I have noticed my butt has seemed to have moved up on my body!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #337  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

MysticalMama-- Haven't you noticed that some people approach life in a very negative way? Sounds like this person wasn't going to have something nice to say no matter what. And we don't realize how much our words hurt others... she was probably clueless.What she should have said was something like - "Huh, let's forget these numbers for this week - a lot of things can make them not that relevant like water retention, etc."
Tell yourself how wonderful you are doing over and over again. We think so too!
Jordanna - I have just finished making homemade chocolate chip cookies for my son to take back to school. Didn't taste a bit... so I identify with your bun story. Good for you!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #338  

[QUOTE=jordanna;3199007]UGH - I think I've hit a stall...the scale doesn't seem to want to move this week and I weigh in tomorrow. Guess I won't be hitting 40 lbs in 8 weeks like I'd hoped.

Oh well, I guess we can all expect those now and again right I'll have a better week next week

Jordanna, you have such a great attitude. You know you have lost a lot of weight and are doing great. Way to go resisting the buns, that will make your buns look that much better!
Old 03-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #339  

Default ip diet

hello everyone just started the diet and have lost 18 lbs in 5 weeks just wondering what other food can we eat other then the free veggies someone told me we can have some air popped popcorn can we if not any other suggestions thanks
Old 03-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #340  
Started IP March 1, 2010

I have noticed my butt has seemed to have moved up on my body.

Now that really cracked(no pun intended) me up.
That being said, I think it is probably right. Firm buns!!!! yippee.
Wonder what is going to happen to the boobs!!! I had to be fat to have some, so.........
Old 03-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #341  
Started IP March 1, 2010

Tricia, way to go on those choc chip cookies. They aren't even a favorite for me, but that would have been tough. Grandson is visiting. He is definitely eating healthy this weekend!! But, he likes everything. Made him some fruit salad for a snack and he was thrilled. Biggest problem.....I got Wii Fit Plus. We set it up and now him and DH are playing. So much for my excersize today. The games look cool, but I wouldn't know!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Sorry to be a downer, but have to share something that happened at my weigh in this past week ....
Mystical Mamma, I agree with what everyone else here has said. What that coach said was uncalled for. Certainly not a way to motivate and encourage someone! And no, you weren't being a downer. I am glad that you came here and shared this with us.

By the way, thank you for your warm welcome of me into Onederland earlier this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
It's my aunt's 60th birthday today and we're having a HUGE party for her. I was put in charge of bringing buns and veggie trays. I went to Costco and purchased a bunch of different kinds of buns (120 of them) and had to drive 45 minutes home with all these delicious smelling buns in the truck. On several occasions I had to grip the steering wheel and force myself not to pull over and shove buns in my mouth...needless to say it was a LONG drive! But I am proud to say I'm still leading a "bun-free belly" existence
I too would have had a hard time resisting 120 delicious buns in the back of my vehicle. Good for you, Jordanna!
Old 03-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

This morning I saw something really cool!

Nicely under 200 lbs.

Lost 22.lbs in 30 days.
(Without using IP products, by the way.)
Old 03-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #344  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Cute toes!

Birman you are quite creative....cute toes by the way! That is a fancy scale, mine is quite a generic digital. Great job on your weightloss!

Maybe you could help upload for Mom22 - sheets I promised to share on what I have for phases 3 & 4...

Last edited by wagnomore; 03-13-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #345  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

So I have gone to 3 grocery stores and each one is sold out of the Walden Farms dressing. It is so frustrating because I can't eat salad without something on it. I'll gag I guess I will have to order it online.

Day 3 for me and going really well. I don't feel hungry and my headache is minimal but I think that is because I haven't had a Diet Pepsi in 3 day either. I had to take a whole Taco Meal to a family in the hospital last night and set it up for them and turn down the many, many requests for me to eat with them. I made sure I had my meat and veggies before I went. I just kept saying in my head "Nothing tastes as good as Skinny feels." I was proud of myself.

I am not going to step on the scale until I go in for my weigh in on Wednesday. Hope it all pays off
Closed Thread