General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 06:59 PM   #91  

Default Stopping by to say hello

Hi Guys!

I posted here a few times in the past. I wanted to share something that happened to me and maybe it will work for you too!

Well, after losing over 60 pounds and having about 15 to go, I was getting frustrated because I did not lose even 1 pound in four months! I was doing everything right! Keeping my calories in range, exercising 4-5 times a week and weight training. In fact, I got so frustrated that I decided to try the "low carb" thing that is all the rage right now. I tried it for 2 months and didn't lose anything. Finally, I gave up on that and went back to my old fashioned way of losing weight... eating right, counting calories, etc. Well, evidently the short reprieve I had taken helped kick start my weightloss because I'm losing again... the right way! Anyway, I'm wondering if deviating from your usual plan for a couple of months and then coming back to it could actually help?? They say this works in regards to exercise, too... trying new things to keep your body guessing!

Well, hope you all have a great weekend!
Lisa
Old 11-08-2001, 07:04 PM   #92  

Angry ok girls. lets get our butts moving.

nice to hear from you southern girl. lets just all calm down here and get back on that wagon. let those wounds heal. i do agree that richard simmons and ww are the way to go. we do know what to do, and it is easier said than done. lets try to post more often, and maybe we can get motivated again. i know we can get busy, but we all know we feel better cause we have each other.

aphil , i am impressed, i am so happy to hear you say those good qualitys you have, i dont even have that many i like about myself. that is great, that veggie tales sounds cute. i have never been in a wal mart.

are we all ready??? lets get going, full speed ahead!!!!!!! lets get back to healthy eating.

souther girl, i too dont mind excerciseing it is the eating i cant commit to.

hi devoted , we must have been posting at the same time, i just saw you post, thanks for sharing, and i am glad you are losing again. i guess i might try that, when i starting losing weight and get stalled, thanks for the tip. nice to hear from you. and again congrats.

Last edited by willbethin; 11-08-2001 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-09-2001, 02:36 AM   #93  

I'm blessed because I have a live in trainer of sorts : my dad. He's very much into excercise and eating well and we keep each other in check. That really helps me out a lot. I don't have too much to say, but with support, we can do this!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 11-09-2001, 06:39 AM   #94  

Angry hi girls

hey tupo, that is great, especially being your dad, that is great quality time to spend together. nice to have someone right there.

well, just pick a day and say no more, feeling better about myself has got to be better than cheesefries. i hear this is how it happens ya know, just say no. and no turning back.
Old 11-11-2001, 12:11 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,
Southern Gal, I am glad you're back!
Someday if I am brave enough, I will have to attach the picture of me at the pageant with my daughter-she looks great-I, on the other hand....
Talk to you soon,
Aphil
Old 11-11-2001, 09:37 PM   #96  

Hi everyone! Hope you have had a good weekend and everyone is rested and ready for the week to come.

Aphil, I know exactly where you are coming from on that picture. I burned the one the parent at school gave me ... too bad, her child was cute in it ...

Not a good week. I did my weigh in tonight and gained 3 pounds! Ugh! I am hoping that is just water weight (isn't that always my excuse?) but of course I know that the leftover Halloween candy and the meals we ate out this week did not help. The only good thing I can say is that I did all the exercise I set out to do.

Oh well, maybe next week will be better. I can only hope - there are just too many food oriented things this time of year ... and what can I say? I'm weak ...

Southern Gal
Old 11-12-2001, 07:00 AM   #97  

Angry he everyone, how are we doing???

i am still struggling,good days and bad days, havent gained any but havent lost either.

southern gal, sorry you gained, that can be frustrating, i am weak too, my husband always wants to go the chinese buffet on sunday nights, i keep telling him to stop doing that, he decides at the last minute after i have had a good day of eating, i guess i should try to plan it in my eating plans on sun.

we will do better this week, glad you did you excercises, i slacked a little in that department, only 3 days this week, i usually try to do 4 or 5.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:42 AM   #98  

Hi all,
done pretty well eating yesterday. Not gaining, not losing right now.
I was so mad this weekend-the lady we bought the house from had the bathroom painted pink, with bright blue, purple, and fuschia splash paint on the walls. It took me 2 coats of KILZ, and 4 coats of paint to cover it all up! I spent all day on it! She left all her leftover house paint in the garage that she used (like we wanted to keep those colors) and my husband had to keep me from taking it all over to her new house and doing my own splash paint!
I swear, this was the laziest woman alive-the house is only 8 years old, and I swear, she didn't clean the stove hood or mop the floor the whole time she was there! It is a shame to have such a nice house and not take care of it. Speaking of that-did anyone see Montel Friday? They had people with the messiest houses-and they gave the winner maid service and came in and cleaned her house and put in all kinds of organizers! Nothing like rewarding someone for being so nasty!
Have a good day girls!
Aphil
Old 11-12-2001, 10:31 AM   #99  

Angry hello

you are funny aphil wow you sound like you have got your hands full. you will be busy for awhile. keeping busy means not eating right??? no i didnt see montel, but you are right, maid service, cause you were too lazy to clean house???? not right.

me and angelina were invited my angelina friends to have a playdate at mcdonalds today for lunch, ya see i dont drive so anytime anyone invites us to go somewhere, for angelina i go.

so i already know i have to work small fries and cheesburger without the bun in my eating plans today.

i wasnt so lucky last night, hubby decided at the last minute to go to the chinese buffet for dinner last night, i cant just eat healthy foods there, when the other bad foods are right in front of me.

i will just have to make up for it during the week. hope everyone has a healthy day.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:58 AM   #100  

Default recommited today

i am counting my ww points,i woke up with a great attutude this morning and ready to commit. i did this before,and lost 17 lbs in one month, without a binge without cheating and i even counted points for my weekend cocktails, now that is commitment. i just got lazy and didnt feel like counting points, didnt feel like watching everything that went in my mouth. well when you are trying to get healthy, there is no room for lazines, or i dont feel like doing this today. i did this before eating anything i wanted, sometimes fast food, treats, cocktails, carbs or protieins, i think it is just your attitude and willingness to commit.

i am not watching what i eat so much as to trying to stay within my 27 points. i had the most satisfying breakfast this morning, egg, bacon and tator tots=7 points, so i have 20 points left for the day. plenty of food. i can do this.

hope everyone is doing good.
Old 11-14-2001, 02:18 AM   #101  

well, I think we may be pregnant again! Got a faint positive line today and I certainly *feel* pregnant. I am calling the doctor tomorrow. I'm going to try to eat really healthy this time so I don't gain 60 pounds again!

Take one meal at a time, one day at a time. Just think: if you eat one healthy meal, then you can eat another. If you can do one healthy day, you can do another!! You can do it!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 11-14-2001, 07:25 AM   #102  

Default hi tupo

congratulations!!!!!! you are right, i once did ww points for one month straigt. last march, no binges and no cheating. if i could do it then why cant i stick to healthy eating now?? we can. yea, pregnancy weight is scary, you will be alright, cause you know what you did before and dont want to repeat it again, and dont worry so much about the weight, be happy and enjoy your pregnancy, if you are pregnant, let us know for sure.

me?? i am doing alright, i am finally gonna listen to everyone and know that planning will help me lose weight. my weigh ins are usually friday morn.
Old 11-14-2001, 07:26 PM   #103  

HI tupo,
Congratulations! I knew Iwas pregnant before I even took a test with my daughter and had my first check up when I was only at 5 weeks, but with my son, I only tok a test because I was late-never had any morning sickness or tiredness-I had to go to the doctor to make sure I was pregnant, because I didn't feel like it!
I gained 60 with my daughter, and 50 with my son-that really wasn't bad for me because I was a gestational diabetic and had large babies, but it is so hard to lose it afterward! I know how you feel! It is definitely worth it!
I hope you will stay with us during your pregnancy and maybe with healthier eating choices and excercise, you will not gain as much. Congrats again!
I am SO sore! I worked painting and getting the floors ready for the carpet/vinyl installer yesterday for 18 hours! I was there another 7 today! I am definitley getting some physical activity in, and drinking water, so that is a plus!
Willebthin-glad you are having a good day-I am glad you are watching your points again! Do you think points are easier to remember than writing down calories? I am not a member of Weight Watchers, so I imagine I would have to pay to get the info about the system. It is equal to calories, but seems easier to do in your head. Have you checked out the fast food part of this site that has the points for fast food?
Better go,
Aphil
Old 11-14-2001, 08:23 PM   #104  

Angry hi everyone

aphil, i get tired just reading how much you are doing on that house, you are burning those calories. i am having another good day, low carbs and not hungry. yes i copied out the sheets that has points for fast food, thanks. i am hanging in there. hope you all are too.
Old 11-15-2001, 12:36 AM   #105  

I miscarried today. It's been weird but I know God works things out for good and I trust Him. I was excited but I am really trying to enjoy the time with my son. What an amazing gift all humans are. I'm finally feeling better. I did comfort eat today but I'm in my 11's so I will behave tomorrow. Not quite sure where to go from here, but one day at a time.

Aphil: how big were your kids? Mine was 10 pounds, 7 oz and 24 inches long and I didn't have gestational diabetes!

In Christ,
Pamela
Closed Thread