General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #136  
Angela

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I miss you guys. Where are you at?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 172/161/130

Height: 5'5"

Sorry I've been MIA, we've got a million birthdays, gatherings, anniversaries etc this month!

Angela, thanks for the advice. I really appreciate all of your support. I've lowered my water consumption & that seems to be helping. I also am only eating 1/2 of my bar in the morning (it has 18 gm protein per bar). I started using the salt substitute, prob not as much as they want, but I'm just not really a salt user so I'm using what I can. So far I've lost another lb or so. Like I said, this month is full of parties, so I cheated a bit this weekend, but am now back on track & only up 1/2 lb from Friday

I hope everyone's doing well!!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #138  
susan

S/C/G: 197/190/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!

I'm new to this thread and have just Started QWLC diet this week. I got the thumbnail sketch of the diet plan from an associate at work. She works in another office, so I won't likely be seeing her for a Q & A session anytime soon. I simply can't afford to do the diet the official way, so I hope to be able to consult and share my woes on this thread. Hubby and Dear Son aren't dieting with me, so I could really use someone to commiserate with! Thanks in advance for your help and support!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #139  
Angela

Welcome, Getrida. We're happy to help any way we can. Have you gotten started yet?
Old 07-04-2012, 02:20 AM   #140  
Angela

Yay! I made it to the 160's!!! I'm so happy to see 169.0 on the scale today.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #141  
susan

Hiya, Angela!
Thanks for your response!. I'm Susan and I have been on the QWLD for a week and 2 days now. I'm down about 7 pounds, but gosh, it ain't easy! I don't have problems with getting hungry, it's just the cravings that threaten to sabotage me! First, it was sweets, now I crave salty stuff. I guess that's where the QWLC supplements would be handy. Since I'm doing this on the cheap and not through the actual center, I struggle with learning how to beat these cravings. I find that I lean on protein bars more than I probably should. My work colleague told me that my protein bar choices should have at least 12 grams of protein but that's all I know. Are there carb or calorie restrictions for them? I found a large selection at my local Kroger store and picked a tasty bunch, but I don't want to undo my loss with uneducated choices. I will be most grateful for any advice you have. Sounds like this diet is treating you well. Congratulations on your fantastic loss. Your goal is well within sight! I'm envious that your in Italy! Is it beautiful, or what?!! Having hot, humid days here in Georgia. Temps up in the 100's for about 4 days now. Yechk!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #142  
Angela

Hey Getrida. It's great you already lost 7 pounds. Seeing the scale move fast in the beginning helps you stay motivated.

About the protein bars, a better choice than Kroger is to order them from dietdirect . com or Nutmet State Nutrition. They are actually the exact same bars, puddings, and soups sold at the QWLC. I use the Bari Wise Crispy Bars and also the Wonderslim puddings. You can go to the QWLC homepage to take a look at the pics of the bars they have and then find them at diet direct. They have the same names and pictures, the packaging is just stamped a diffent local brand name. They are only about $8-$10 for a box of 7. My favorite varieties are Chocolate Peanut Dream (this one is like a chocolate covered rice crispy treat- so yummy), Lemon Meringue, Peanut Butter and Jelly, and Peanut Butter. There are other bars you can get, but I like these because they are huge. I'm satisfied with just one. They have 15 grams of protein and about 150-170 calories depending on which you choose.

Last edited by TexaninItaly; 07-05-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #143  
susan

Thanks, Angela!

I appreciate your advice. I'll have to pop on to those web sites and check those out!. Anything to keep the scale moving in the right direction! Are there any of the QWLC supplements that you have found to be absolutely essential? My budget is limited and I have a caffeine allergy, so I know that this limits my supplement choices, but I would consider getting a couple if they really help. Caffeine free ones, of course! ;0) Congrats on your loss. Onward and upward!

Cheers,
Susan
Old 07-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #144  

Default ???????

This sounds like slim4life
Old 07-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #145  

Could someone tell me if this is like slim4life? slim4life has the 3 day eat only meat, greens and an orange then you start your program either a or b a being 2 proteins, 2 veggies, 2 starches and you supplements 80 ounces of water plan b has you at I believe 3 of the foods vs 2. they do water flushes when you plateau. just wondering if they are the same
Old 07-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 267/193/175

Sluggo44-It seems like it's the same

I would love to join this thread. I joined Medical Weight Loss Clinic 8 weeks ago and LOVE it. I am down 35lbs....with much more to go.

I currently have 1 dairy, 2 proteins, 4 veggies, 3 fruit, 2 starches, 3 supplements & 64 ounces of water a day.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #147  

I have been on all of them and lasted a week with slim4life my current attempt was NS, Im just so upset and down and its like im dieting myself fat. I pulled out my slim4life info and after reading this seriously thinking of giving it another sho on plant and being 100%
Old 07-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #148  

Default just started

Hey everyone! I just ordered the home program for qwlc..has anyone else done this? I have about 40 pounds to lose

Jessica
Old 07-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #149  
susan

Hey, sluggo44 and btrinny!

Slim4life does sound very similar to QWLC diet. Medical weight loss doesn't sound too far from it either. My knowledge is limited as I have not formally joined the QWLC program. I'm just following it on some pointers from a coworker. Guess I'm a diet parasite in that approach, but my wallet won't let me do it any other way. Congrats on your loss, btrinny, and to you sluggo44 for dusting off the old diet and jumping back on! I've been backsliding a bit myself this week, but am determined to keep moving forward. Welcome to the thread girls. It's been a bit quiet as of late!

Regards,
Susan
Old 07-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #150  
susan

Hiya, Jessica,

Welcome to the thread! Have not talked to anyone on the QWLC home plan, but we're bound to have some followers here. I have not investigated it, but I would expect the general rules to be the same. Feel free to pitch your questions out there and someone will surely pop in to answer. Good luck as you begin your journey, and know we will gladly support in whatever way we can. I'm on this ride to drop around 50 pounds. Wish me luck. My cravings for pizza and ice cream threaten to send me spiraling down the drain!

Cheers!
Susan
Closed Thread