General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #196  
Junior Member
 
tkdbbmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8

Default help needed

I am new to this posting thing but I wanted some support. I was on this plan in 1991 right after I got married. I started in late January and by June I had lost 55.5lbs. I felt great and then I got pregnant but managed to get the weight back off and then it just crept up from there and so on. I have gone on this a few times before and have always done well but never fully got to the end result. I have all of the info from way back then but I will need some help for the updates. I did rejoin in 1990 but quit before I finished. I have the info from that too. Now thanks to the internet I have re-discovered the only thing that has ever worked for me but there are no centers anyway near where I live and I cannot afford it or the home program at $800. Wow.

I found this site while looking up the qwlc program and have read some of the posting and feel that this is where I would feel comfortable asking for some advise. Where have all of the people gone that used to post? Are they all thin now?

In true "fatgirl" fashion I have not started yet but I plan to on Monday. Is anyone willing to help?
tkdbbmom is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #197  
Junior Member
 
sewuniquelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3

Default

That would be awesome! I thought they would block that out. Please send to sewuniquelady at gmail.com. I'm looking forward to seeing it again. As I think back, I think it was on green paper instead of blue!
sewuniquelady is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #198  
Joe
 
joefla70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 922

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdbbmom View Post
I am new to this posting thing but I wanted some support. I was on this plan in 1991 right after I got married. I started in late January and by June I had lost 55.5lbs. I felt great and then I got pregnant but managed to get the weight back off and then it just crept up from there and so on. I have gone on this a few times before and have always done well but never fully got to the end result. I have all of the info from way back then but I will need some help for the updates. I did rejoin in 1990 but quit before I finished. I have the info from that too. Now thanks to the internet I have re-discovered the only thing that has ever worked for me but there are no centers anyway near where I live and I cannot afford it or the home program at $800. Wow.

I found this site while looking up the qwlc program and have read some of the posting and feel that this is where I would feel comfortable asking for some advise. Where have all of the people gone that used to post? Are they all thin now?

In true "fatgirl" fashion I have not started yet but I plan to on Monday. Is anyone willing to help?
Sure, tkdbbmom, I would be happy to help. I'm not sure where the rest of the group went, but I post somewhat regularly. 2Chi posts once in a while as well, and there have been a couple of others who just posted recently. Unfortunately, since QWLC is not as big as some of the other plans (like Ideal Protein), you don't see many people posting on this thread. So, some people go outside of this thread for support.

As I said in my prior posts, I never actually joined QWLC. I just started following the diet plan on my own and purchased my own supplements. Actually, I have moved slightly away from the plan in that I have further reduced my carbs to just vegetables and a minimal amount of fruit. I am not necessarily recommending this. Its just what I am currently doing. Because of this, I might not be able to answer any specific questions that you have about the plan which a person who goes to QWLC might know. But I'll do my best.
joefla70 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #199  
Joe
 
joefla70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 922

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewuniquelady View Post
That would be awesome! I thought they would block that out. Please send to sewuniquelady at gmail.com. I'm looking forward to seeing it again. As I think back, I think it was on green paper instead of blue!
You got it. I just sent it.
joefla70 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #200  
Junior Member
 
hspiritpowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1

Default QWLC - Father and Daughter

So I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending the plan to bjkeller at me dot com as well.

I signed up for QWLC last night but am thinking I'd rather go with the roll your own approach and get the supplements for her and I online. I need her to be successful and me as well. I don't need folks pitching products.

Appreciate your help.

The supplements seem like they help and getting on 1500 cals or less with good choices seems like the best idea of all of the ideas out there. No chance you lose weight eating ice cream, drinking beer and eating pizza!

I also know you only live once so this has to be reasonable for both of us.

Thanks again for any help and your postings. I've read them.
hspiritpowered is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #201  
Joe
 
joefla70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 922

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hspiritpowered View Post
So I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sending the plan to bjkeller at me dot com as well.

I signed up for QWLC last night but am thinking I'd rather go with the roll your own approach and get the supplements for her and I online. I need her to be successful and me as well. I don't need folks pitching products.

Appreciate your help.

The supplements seem like they help and getting on 1500 cals or less with good choices seems like the best idea of all of the ideas out there. No chance you lose weight eating ice cream, drinking beer and eating pizza!

I also know you only live once so this has to be reasonable for both of us.

Thanks again for any help and your postings. I've read them.
hspiritpowered,

I am living proof that this can be done on your own. And hey, if I can do it, anybody can! It certainly helps when you have somebody else doing it with you. My wife and I both are doing the plan and we give each other support. The most surprising thing I've discovered is that it has gotten easier as time has gone by. As I lost more and more weight, I am less tempted to cheat because I do not want to blow all the hard work and effort that I have put into taking the weight off. Actually, when the pounds are coming off its almost an intoxicating effect and I've become almost obsessed with doing whatever it takes to achieve the result of a 3 to 4 pound weight loss per week. Sometimes that can be bad because I know that I am probably sometimes overdoing it by not eating enough carbs, etc. But I would never have thought it would have been able to do it as easily as I have. I know I have a long way to go, so I am not counting my chickens yet. And I know that maintenance will be hard too. But so far, so good.
joefla70 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #202  
Junior Member
 
focusedgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdbbmom View Post
I am new to this posting thing but I wanted some support. I was on this plan in 1991 right after I got married. I started in late January and by June I had lost 55.5lbs. I felt great and then I got pregnant but managed to get the weight back off and then it just crept up from there and so on. I have gone on this a few times before and have always done well but never fully got to the end result. I have all of the info from way back then but I will need some help for the updates. I did rejoin in 1990 but quit before I finished. I have the info from that too. Now thanks to the internet I have re-discovered the only thing that has ever worked for me but there are no centers anyway near where I live and I cannot afford it or the home program at $800. Wow.

I found this site while looking up the qwlc program and have read some of the posting and feel that this is where I would feel comfortable asking for some advise. Where have all of the people gone that used to post? Are they all thin now?

In true "fatgirl" fashion I have not started yet but I plan to on Monday. Is anyone willing to help?
Hi!

I just started the Quick Weight Loss Program a few days ago and would love to help you on your journey. I, too, noticed that there weren't many blogs and/or forums with people on QWLC that were constantly posting updates, so I decided to blog my journey on this diet. Feel free to check out my blog - I am currently on day 4 of the prep phase. Blog Name: "My Weight Loss Journey on the QWLC Diet" . Author": focusedgirl

Natalie
focusedgirl is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #203  
Junior Member
 
focusedgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2

Default

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my blog is on the "member blogs" section of 3fatchicks website.

Natalie
focusedgirl is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:21 AM   #204  
Member
 
2Chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 98

S/C/G: 318.5/301/180

Height: 5'6

Default

Good Luck to all the new people!
2Chi is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #205  
Joe
 
joefla70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 922

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Default My weekend camping

So, I went camping this weekend with several of my neighbors and our kids this Friday and the weekend. I was definitely diverted from my normal diet this weekend as a result. I took plenty of protein bars and shakes with me for snacks and to replace my breakfast. I watched myself pretty good. Despite the large amount of beer and liquor that was consumed, I only drank water (besides the protein shakes). For meals, I pretty much only had the grilled meat and salad. One night there was bbq and I had some meat that was covered with bbq sauce (which is actually not the way I prefer it anyway... I like it with very little sauce). I was expecting to not lose weight over the weekend, or possibly gain a pound or two, because of retention of water from all the sodium I was probably eating. But, to my surprise, I still lost a pound during the weekend and I am down 3 pounds for the week. I had the mindset going into the weekend that I was not going to allow myself to cheat and that I would do my best to keep on-plan given the circumstances. I am proud of myself that I was able to follow through with the plan.

How did everybody else's weekend go?

Last edited by joefla70; 10-14-2012 at 04:33 PM.
joefla70 is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #206  
Junior Member
 
sewuniquelady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3

Default

My husband and I are starting the prep phase next week and I have several questions since we are doing this ourselves. I want to get the house completely cleared out of any foods we can't have. For the prep phase, I can't remember if the meat is limited to chicken or what amount. It seems like I was able to use butter, etc. to cook it with during the prep phase before. Is that still the same? For the greens, does this just mean lettuce or can I get fresh green beans for the prep phase?

Also, can anyone tell me if my husband should do Plan One or Plan Two?

Thanks again,
Sewuniquelady
sewuniquelady is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #207  
Joe
 
joefla70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 922

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewuniquelady View Post
My husband and I are starting the prep phase next week and I have several questions since we are doing this ourselves. I want to get the house completely cleared out of any foods we can't have. For the prep phase, I can't remember if the meat is limited to chicken or what amount. It seems like I was able to use butter, etc. to cook it with during the prep phase before. Is that still the same? For the greens, does this just mean lettuce or can I get fresh green beans for the prep phase?

Also, can anyone tell me if my husband should do Plan One or Plan Two?

Thanks again,
Sewuniquelady
Since I've never been to QWL, I am not 100% sure on your questions. But what I was told is that you can eat other meats besides chicken. I don't believe that there was a restriction on amount. I was told that you can eat a variety of raw green veggies, but I do not know if green beans is one of them. I want to say that green beans are not one of the approved veggies, but I could be wrong. I ate a lot of lettuce, cucumber, and spinach. I also believe you are correct about being able to eat more fats during the induction phase. One other thing, they wanted you to eat a small orange. I am not sure why, specifically, an orange. But that was what I was told.

Regarding which plan to use... I found plans one and two to be very restrictive. I went on plan three from day one and I lost a lot of weight on it. I am not sure that your husband would need to do plan one or two.
joefla70 is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #208  
Member
 
2Chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 98

S/C/G: 318.5/301/180

Height: 5'6

Default

FINALLY!!!! After many bumps in the road, Im finally under 300!!! I was doing great when I first started, but then Pumpkin season happened, and I just can't resist a deliciously cold and creamy iced pumpkin spice latte from starbucks.

Sewun, as for the prep phase, I believe you can eat green beans. Infact, I think I even ate them raw as a snack. As for which phase to start on, Im guessing it starts by how much you weigh. Cause I was over 300 and started on 3 and my mom who weighs less started on 2. I went today and they told me I can now follow 2. Good luck!
2Chi is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #209  
Junior Member
 
tkdbbmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8

Default

I started Prep Phase yesterday. It went great. I am down 3.5lbs already and though I know it was just water it still feels great. I did read the focused girl blog and am totally hooked. Keep up the good work. Why are you on the prep for more than 3 days? Years ago when I went on the plan the prep was for only 3 days. Just wondering.
tkdbbmom is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #210  
Joe
 
joefla70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 922

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Chi View Post
FINALLY!!!! After many bumps in the road, Im finally under 300!!! I was doing great when I first started, but then Pumpkin season happened, and I just can't resist a deliciously cold and creamy iced pumpkin spice latte from starbucks.

Sewun, as for the prep phase, I believe you can eat green beans. Infact, I think I even ate them raw as a snack. As for which phase to start on, Im guessing it starts by how much you weigh. Cause I was over 300 and started on 3 and my mom who weighs less started on 2. I went today and they told me I can now follow 2. Good luck!
Awesome, 2Chi. It feels great to get past a milestone. I don't feel like my first milestone counted because I started at 404.5. I lost that 4.5 pounds in the first couple days just from shedding the water weight! But it felt really good to get under 350. Have you seen the Skinny Taste "Pumpkin Madness"? http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/s...n-madness.html Maybe that will help you get your fix of Pumpkin!
joefla70 is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LA Weight Loss #43 Jibbelle LA Weight Loss 69 02-28-2002 01:46 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.