General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #286  

I fell off the wagon after doing so well for 5 days. I am at a low point now. Should I restart the prep phase. Please if anyone can share your thoughts or share experiences when you fell off the QWL wagon.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #287  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl2911 View Post
To be fair, I am probably not "doing" qwlc, maybe working into it. But I have been following some of the guides, such as not mixing proteins, no dairy, 1 protein plus veggies for lunch and dinner. Also, I take vitamins and ordered one of their supplements on ebay, but it has not come yet.
I started out doing the QWL plan, and still post here, but my diet plan has changed so much over the past several months. At first I was following the plan exactly. As my weight loss curbed, I started to cut back on carbs. I was doing a south beach type diet. Then I started to cut the carbs even more, but was less restrictive with fat (like Atkins). That's pretty much where I'm at right now. I've cut out most carbs other than from veggies and some fruit. I eat almost no grains. I mostly eat lean protein and veggies, with fruit, almonds or cheese for a snack. I usually have an Atkins shake for breakfast. I have not used a protein bar in several weeks. I'm not sure how long I will do this. I very well might revert back to the QWL plan eventually.

P.S. Happy birthday!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #288  

Height: 5'2"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorydoll View Post
I fell off the wagon after doing so well for 5 days. I am at a low point now. Should I restart the prep phase. Please if anyone can share your thoughts or share experiences when you fell off the QWL wagon.

When you slip drink more water and remove one starch from your diet for three consecutive days. You do not have to do the prep phase again.

Don't beat yourself up for not sticking with it. I found the diet difficult to adjust to at first. My first hurdle was getting used to eating breakfast. My second was adding protein to each meal. I am now trying to stop eating at night, which is a huge challenge for me.

It's a learning process and takes some getting used to. Keep at it. You'll succeed.

Last edited by BrownEyedVeggie; 11-29-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Smiles
Old 11-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #289  

Smile

Welcome Supergirl and Happy Birthday.

I weighed in today. It's another losing day...just less than one pound, nearly two for the week. Whoo hoo

One of the big things of Quick is writing everything we eat. Do you keep a food journal? Is it current?

Well, I'm off to the gym.

TTFN

Last edited by BrownEyedVeggie; 11-29-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Smiles
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 204/?/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Not a great weigh in today

So maybe my cheats caught up with me or just whatever... I was up today. (.6) I haven't exercised this week, but I will on Saturday.
Overall I feel great. I love it when I am "off" sugar. I also have noticed less hunger and cravings. Usually eating late at night is one thing I struggle with and lately I am not tempted. Of course there is close to nothing in the house to tempt me, so that helps. But in the past I have had cravings and melted frozen baking chocolate to soothe the cravings. This week I don't have that. Yea! Mini victory.
Also, I have a lot of energy.
Joe, I think I am going to land on more of a Atkins approach, but watching sodium and fat. Also, the supplement came today so I will start it tomorrow. I came here for information since my friend has lost almost 18 pounds in 3 weeks. That is exciting! I am glad for this support. God bless you all as you take on this battle.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #291  

Ok I am restaring the prep phase but this time I am doing it for 6 Days instead of three. Wish me luck. Any tips. Gotta loose 10 to 12 pounds by 12/25. Thats about 3 wees and 5 days. Ill do treadmill 5 times a week for 50 to 60 minutes. Current weight is 173, want to be 145.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 195/193/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Maintenance plan?

Hello All! My teammates and I all did the QWLC diet a few years ago and had great results. Unfortunately, like many on this thread I fell back into my normal eating patterns and have gained over the course of 4 years about 35 pounds Needless to say I have decided that enough is enough and I want to get back on track. I have all of the information I need for the preparation phase and the diet phase itself but I do not have anything for a stabilization or maintenance phase. Would anyone be willing to share this information with me? If so my email address is forniskate at gmail.com
Old 11-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #293  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semerydesign View Post
Hello All! My teammates and I all did the QWLC diet a few years ago and had great results. Unfortunately, like many on this thread I fell back into my normal eating patterns and have gained over the course of 4 years about 35 pounds Needless to say I have decided that enough is enough and I want to get back on track. I have all of the information I need for the preparation phase and the diet phase itself but I do not have anything for a stabilization or maintenance phase. Would anyone be willing to share this information with me? If so my email address is forniskate at gmail.com

Hi Semerydesign,

I'm still in the losing phase, so I don't have information on the stabilization or maintenance phase just yet.

If you'd care to share, I'd like to know why the maintenance phase of the program didn't become your new normal. Is it too stringent to follow forever?

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #294  

Day 2 of prep!!! Feels great. Thanks to you who responded for your encouragement. Prep for 4 more days.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 204/?/135

Height: 5'6"

Default a loss

I want to say I love being "off" sugar and having stabilized blood sugar levels. It makes me very happy.

Yes, I do keep a food journal. It is on my Fitness Pal (free app or website) I do not keep one as often as I should, but I have for the past week or so.

Also, I ran on Friday and Saturday. This makes me proud!
I had a loss this morning. I like to see it heading in the right direction.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #296  

Hello friends What is the prep phase? I have all the other information. I am classykaren27 at yahoo.com Thanks I lost a lot of weight on this diet years and I do mean years ago. I am in my sixties now
Old 12-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #297  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykaren View Post
Hello friends I have all the information except the prep phase what is that??? I am at yahoo dot com
I don't have any documentation about the prep phase, but from what I was told it involved (1) certain raw green veggies, (2) protein and (3) either a small or 1/2 orange. I'm sure the approved veggies are one that have a low glycemic index. So peas would be out. I'm not sure which other veggies are off limits. Another thing I'm not sure about is the quantity of protein. It seems like it was not as limited as the regular plan. Someone else said it was unlimited. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Perhaps some of the actual members of QWLC can answer your question better.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #298  

Thanks again Joe. I am reaL excited about this
Old 12-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #299  

Height: 5'7"

Default QWLC | Prep Phase Info

Hi, everyone:

I've been on the QWLC program since October 1, and I've lost 22 lbs. so far. I realize that some people may lose as much as 20 lbs. during their first month, but when I signed up for QWLC I was determined to be in it for the long haul -- maintenance phase and all -- so I'm happy to be averaging 3 lbs. a week.

Last night, I read through this thread and noticed the diversity of approaches to the program: some of you are going into the local center regularly (like me), others were doing the online program, and some are doing some aspects of the program on your own. I think that's great. I'm glad to have found a support group to share ideas and experiences.

A lot of folks lately have been asking about the three-day prep phase. I'm including it in this post if it will help some of you who are new or returning to the program without any consultation from the Center.
Breakfast - 1 fruit, 1 slice bread or 1/2 cup cereal, 1 egg, 1 tsp. fat, 8 oz. of 2% milk, 1 coffee or tea as desired. 1 Quickboost

Mid-a.m. - 1 fruit, 1 Protein Drink

Lunch - meat serving, 1 vegetable, 2 slices bread or 1 hamburger or hot dog bug, 1 tsp. fat, 1 Quickboost

Mid-p.m. - 1 fruit

Dinner - meat serving, 2 vegetables, 1 serving bread, 1 tsp. fat, 1 Protein Bar

Take a multi-vitamin with largest meal, Drink 64-80 oz. of water daily, Use 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. of Morton's Lite Salt daily.
Hope this is helpful!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 278/246.5/145

Height: 5.4

Default Newbie

Hello to everyone. I just started a plan like this. Named something else but same concept. My first weigh in is Tuesday. High protein low carbs and watching the calorie count. First week my calories were low but they will be alittle higher next week.
Question how do I find this thread again? I find good threads then can't remember where I found them. Is there a way to mark this?
Closed Thread