General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #61  
Junior Member
 
zgee25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
You have the maintence plan? Omg could you please email the maintence part, I have all my materials from when I did it back in 06 but never made it to maintence!!! If you cant email then maybe snail mail copies , I can compensate you for your trouble
email is
No trouble at all check you email
zgee25 is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #62  
Junior Member
 
MBA2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 11

S/C/G: 269/257/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default

My weight is falling off.
MBA2010 is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #63  
Senior Member
 
proudmommy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 183

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBA2010 View Post
My weight is falling off.
Awesome ............it really works when you WORK it!!! how long have you been on plan? Im in la porte not too far from Pearland
proudmommy09 is offline  
Old 08-19-2011, 11:24 PM   #64  
pursuer of joy
 
124chicksinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: northern New Jersey
Posts: 827

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Default

You know, this is an interesting thread to me. I went page to page to read it. In 1981, in New Jersey, there was a QWLC in Wayne. I lost 30 lbs on the program, and it wasn't easy, but it was fast, I was young and the quickness made me enthusiastic. I lost 12 lbs in the first 2 weeks. The first 3 days weren't all that hard -- but I did get headaches a lot. Now I don't know, 30 years later if it is the same, but it was similar to LA weightloss from what I've read. After the first 3 induction days, it was to a very calorie/food restricted diet, and there was no milk or cheese allowed, only cottage cheese, no oil, and there were no products to purchase. They gave you multi-vitamins to take. I paid $400ish for the program and was guaranteed to lose the 30 lbs in, I believe it was 8 weeks...but it took a couple more than that. At least 2x on the program I was reduced to a plateau buster of 3 days in a row consuming 1 apple, 1 orange, 1 hard boiled egg for each of 3 meals. If I'm not mistaken, I wrote about this but I don't think I named the program. When I reached goal (then I went from 152 to 122, and I'm a far cry from that now) I was going to maintenance and I was told to increase my 2 veg servings to 3 per day. I cried. I never got past maintenance.

I played with my weight for a while, if I gained a few lbs, I followed the diet on my own for a few weeks. I thought I had it all under control. It was okay for a while. After I had my daughter, however, it was all uphill from there. Pregnancy changed my metabolism and I've been fighting 50 plus pounds for the past 15 years or so. Sometimes I'm the windshield, sometimes I'm the bug. I'll NEVER weigh 122 again, that's for sure.

Anyhow, remembering that diet, I cannot imagine sustaining on so little food for 6 months or so. Eventually your body needs more, right? Bless y'all that can stick to it. Then again, reading about purchasing their "foods" I guess you'd call them...it must have changed in 30 years as there were no products available that I can remember.

Last edited by 124chicksinger; 08-19-2011 at 11:27 PM.
124chicksinger is offline  
Old 08-22-2011, 02:39 AM   #65  
Senior Member
 
Aishah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 152

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

Default

Hey everyone! I joined QWLC 3 1/2 weeks ago and I have lost 17 pounds so far! I'm on Plan 2. I would love to hear what everyone who follows QWLC Program what they do for breakfast. I'm a vegetarian, but I eat shrimp so they didn't put me on the vegetarian plan. The only proteins I can have are Shrimp, Scallops, Cottage Cheese and Eggs, but as you know if your on program there are restrictions on how much of each of those I can have a week.

I have a couple questions on quicksnacks. Has anyone tried the macaroni quicksnack? I miss cheese and pasta like crazy and was wondering how it tasted.

I really like the QWLC online cookbook, been getting really creative with my dishes. The stuffed eggplant was AMAZING!!
Aishah is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #66  
Junior Member
 
MBA2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 11

S/C/G: 269/257/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgee25 View Post
No trouble at all check you email
Please send it to me as well. Thank you. I am on the plan and I visit the centers, but I may have to move due to Job Layoff, but I am determined to keep going. So if I am not near a center, at least I'll know what to do. Thanks a bunch.
MBA2010 is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #67  
Junior Member
 
MBA2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 11

S/C/G: 269/257/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
Awesome ............it really works when you WORK it!!! how long have you been on plan? Im in la porte not too far from Pearland
Hello, I joined in June then took a vacation---I maintained but didn't lose anything. I started over. I have to be honest. I cheat a "teeny bit". Like I eat all the salads and the veggies and grilled meats etc, but I might let myself have a something small like for my daughter's birthday. I ate a portion of a small square of cake, a smear of icing and savored the flavor. I still lost 5 lbs that week.

I am feeling better and I went running yesterday while my daughter road her bike.
MBA2010 is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #68  
Senior Member
 
proudmommy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 183

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBA2010 View Post
Hello, I joined in June then took a vacation---I maintained but didn't lose anything. I started over. I have to be honest. I cheat a "teeny bit". Like I eat all the salads and the veggies and grilled meats etc, but I might let myself have a something small like for my daughter's birthday. I ate a portion of a small square of cake, a smear of icing and savored the flavor. I still lost 5 lbs that week.

I am feeling better and I went running yesterday while my daughter road her bike.
I think those small cheats keep us sane!! For me its the only way Im able to follow the diet, I love this way of eating but honestly it sounds crazy sometimes to only have 10 green grapes, etc. I have cheese on my turkey burgers and just extra stuff that seems like it wouldnt hurt my weightloss. Good luck
proudmommy09 is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #69  
Senior Member
 
Aishah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 152

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
I think those small cheats keep us sane!! For me its the only way Im able to follow the diet, I love this way of eating but honestly it sounds crazy sometimes to only have 10 green grapes, etc. I have cheese on my turkey burgers and just extra stuff that seems like it wouldnt hurt my weightloss. Good luck
I follow the plan relgiously and It's really starting to get to me a bit. Sometimes I reallllllllllly want that extra grape or that tiny bit more of shrimp cooked or that one more ounce of skim milk, I tell you 4oz doesn't go a long way. I miss cheese. I've been thinking of having a cup of frozen yogurt which I checked is only 70 calories. The lemonade quicksnack I usually freeze and drink is 60 calories, so I'm thinking of exchanging one day of lemondade for a frozen yogurt, I'm scared it will throw me off and I'll gain though.
Aishah is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #70  
Senior Member
 
proudmommy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 183

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aishah View Post
I follow the plan relgiously and It's really starting to get to me a bit. Sometimes I reallllllllllly want that extra grape or that tiny bit more of shrimp cooked or that one more ounce of skim milk, I tell you 4oz doesn't go a long way. I miss cheese. I've been thinking of having a cup of frozen yogurt which I checked is only 70 calories. The lemonade quicksnack I usually freeze and drink is 60 calories, so I'm thinking of exchanging one day of lemondade for a frozen yogurt, I'm scared it will throw me off and I'll gain though.
I wish I could follow it like that, heck for evern one day!! I admitt I struggle with this plan daily!!! I want to follow it bc I know the weightloss is amazing if I do, but then Im not prepared and bamn I have other foods instead,I hate that so much
proudmommy09 is offline  
Old 09-02-2011, 12:28 AM   #71  
Senior Member
 
Aishah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 152

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
I wish I could follow it like that, heck for evern one day!! I admitt I struggle with this plan daily!!! I want to follow it bc I know the weightloss is amazing if I do, but then Im not prepared and bamn I have other foods instead,I hate that so much
This past couple weeks have been a little harder, because I've been so extremely busy with so much that I have to make sure to stop and eat. I prepare lunch and snacks everynight the night before and bring a ziploc with me with all the supplements to take for the day.

Today, I actually didn't do so good. I didn't get my second protein requirement in today, I just ran out of time and it's too late in the evening to eat it now.
Aishah is offline  
Old 10-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #72  
Junior Member
 
lbloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Treasure Coast, FL
Posts: 1

S/C/G: 245

Height: 5'6

Default

I just joined QWLS a few weeks ago, actually I went to the wrong place. My friend joined Metabolic Weight Loss Solutions and did so well. I went and joined but joined the wrong place. LOL. So far I have lost 6 pounds. I am on a tight budget so my friend gets me my drinks at her place. They only cost $10 a box there when I get 10. I heard you can go to their website and get them too. But I haven't tried it yet. It is the same drinks though.
Any recommendations for substitutes for cheese? I am starving for cheese. Also, does anyone know what happens in their maintenance part. I am so scared to lose the weight and gain it all back like I usually do.
lbloser is offline  
Old 10-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #73  
Senior Member
 
Aishah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 152

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbloser View Post
I just joined QWLS a few weeks ago, actually I went to the wrong place. My friend joined Metabolic Weight Loss Solutions and did so well. I went and joined but joined the wrong place. LOL. So far I have lost 6 pounds. I am on a tight budget so my friend gets me my drinks at her place. They only cost $10 a box there when I get 10. I heard you can go to their website and get them too. But I haven't tried it yet. It is the same drinks though.
Any recommendations for substitutes for cheese? I am starving for cheese. Also, does anyone know what happens in their maintenance part. I am so scared to lose the weight and gain it all back like I usually do.

I can't help you there with the substitutes for cheese, but cottage cheese is on plan at OWLC plans. The recipe guide online really helped me out a lot. I love the "mock" mashed potatoes. I adore cheese, yes adore, but I haven't had one bit of cheese since I joined QWLC on July 27. I bought the Nacho Cheese quicksnack they offer and it's REALLY good because I miss pasta and I miss cheese, I really like it.

I'm also on a tight budget, so I do what I can. Make sure to buy your weekly snacks because if you don't lose all the weight they say you will by a certain date, you have a guarantee BUT you have to had followed the program (ie: bought your snacks every week and didn't eat anything off plan).

I don't know about the maintenance portion yet, I still have a ways to get to my goal weight of 165. But, from what I've been told by my center's counselors, maintenance plan involves slowly incorporating the foods you love back into your diet in small healthy portions.
Aishah is offline  
Old 10-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #74  
Senior Member
 
proudmommy09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 183

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Default

So how are you doing so far?
proudmommy09 is offline  
Old 10-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #75  
Senior Member
 
Aishah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 152

S/C/G: 335/188.5/165

Height: 5'10 1/2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
So how are you doing so far?
I joined July 27, 2011 so it's been 10 weeks, and as of today down 35 pounds.
Aishah is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LA Weight Loss #43 Jibbelle LA Weight Loss 69 02-28-2002 01:46 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.