General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 172/161/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninItaly View Post
You know, I didn't know the Zhi Shi Trim was the same as the Herbal Balance, but I did order the Zhi Shi Trim. I've only taken it once though. I am saving it for when I travel, that's when I usually end up going of the diet. I'm not really going to be able to order anymore until I go back to the US in July, it's so expensive to ship here.

I ordered the Wonderslim pudding from Diet Direct in the US and got it today. Pudding- $99 (not bad for 11 boxes of 7 puddings), International Shipping- $65, Sanitary Permit- 40 Euros (about $50) because Italian officials think the US has dirty pudding, wire transfer fee- $40 to pay for the sanitary permit of this dirty pudding, Customs taxes for importing pudding- 24 Euros (about $29). Total cost of pudding- $283. I don't even want to tell you how much I was charged last month for importing 12 boxes of Bariwise crispy bars + 3 boxes of pudding + the Xhi Shi Trim + and 1 box of smoothie. But now I have enough to last until I go back to the US if I have one pudding and one crispy bar a day.

I did get past that plateau. I am at 181.6 today.

May Weight
17 183.4
18 183.0
19 183.4
20 183.2
21 183.2
22 182.2
23 181.6
That's great about breaking the plateau! Congrats, that such an accomplishment!

I can't believe the pudding cost you that much, it's really crazy. I've found a few of the diet items like a "juice" with 10 gm protein per packet and the FRS in the grocery store, so I've been really lucky. Definately stock up when you come stateside. Have you looked into finding recipes so maybe you can make something similiar to the puddings/deserts? I found this website yesterday of a baker who is making a bunch of baked goods more low carb. I just gave it a quick look, so I'm not really sure how great the stats are, but maybe check her out. the website is tickle my sweet tooth dot com/blog/ (type it all together, it won't allow me to post it as a website)

I don't know what the availability of protein bars is over there in Italy(I'm guessing not good), but I found these bars at bj's called Promax LS. They're about 220 cal, have 18 gm protein and 14 gm fiber. I'm going to use those after I run out of the bars I bought from diet direct.

Best of luck, I can't wait till the weekend is over so I can finally get started on the plan!! Talk to you soon!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #122  

Ok, so tomorrow's the big day!! Just wanted to write a quick post. I have to get everything ready plus all my other nightly duties. Can't wait!!

Texaninitaly, I hope all is well in your neck of the woods
Old 05-31-2012, 05:20 AM   #123  
Angela

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hey, Novarph! I know you will do great now that you have started!

I'm finishing May at 178.6. I'm happy to report that I lost 15.8 pounds during May. Now if I can get to my next mini goal of 173 soon!

Last edited by TexaninItaly; 05-31-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #124  

is everyone doing on this plan?
Old 05-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #125  

Day 1 down & so far so good! I'm down 2.5 lbs today, I know it's just water weight but I'm still thrilled!!

Texaninitaly, that's a great mo thy total! Congratulations!

Im at the car dealership & so far today I have completely forgotten everything at home I forgot to eat my eggs, and I left my water bottle in the car when they drove away with it, so no FRS yet. Hopefully that doesn't mess me up too badly.

Best of luck to everyone!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #126  
Angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by novarph View Post
Day 1 down & so far so good! I'm down 2.5 lbs today, I know it's just water weight but I'm still thrilled!!

Texaninitaly, that's a great mo thy total! Congratulations!

Im at the car dealership & so far today I have completely forgotten everything at home I forgot to eat my eggs, and I left my water bottle in the car when they drove away with it, so no FRS yet. Hopefully that doesn't mess me up too badly.

Best of luck to everyone!
I don't think it will mess you up. I don't even take the FRS because I can't get it here. I have 3 little packets, but I'm saving them for when I am thirsty for OJ. You do have to stay prepared because I noticed if I let myself get too hungry, I stop caring and just eat something bad.

Last edited by TexaninItaly; 05-31-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 230/220/180

Height: 6.0

Default I have a problem with slow metabolism

I watched these free videos and they really helped me figure out the whole metabolic rate and daily calorie budget. I'd reccomend them to anyone.
shiftinabox.com

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #128  

Quote:
I don't think it will mess you up. I don't even take the FRS because I can't get it here. I have 3 little packets, but I'm saving them for when I am thirsty for OJ. You do have to stay prepared because I noticed if I let myself get too hungry, I stop caring and just eat something bad.
Today's the last day of prep and I'm kinda nervous about tomorrow! I can't seem to figure out what I'm going to eat. Well, not even me so much because I plan to make egg whites and diet bread for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and maybe shrimp and veggies for dinner. I like salads and fruit to it's not too big of a problem. The problem is my husband. He's NOT a veggie/fruit fan, so I don't know what he's going to do. Or I should say what I should do since I'm "in charge" of the food.

Do you think it's ok to split 1 of the proteins and eat 1/2 at a time? I was thinking about how you can have 6 oz of Egg Beaters per serving. I looked it up and that converts to 6 egg whites. I wonder if I can eat 3 or 4 egg white with breakfast and crumble the rest on my salad? Or in my husband's case, can he eat 3 egg whites (1/2 serving) and then at lunch have 4 oz (1/2 serving) of chicken? I just don't know

I also don't understand why you can't have more than 4 servings of veggies if you want. I always thought of lettuce especially as "free" food and that you can eat as much as you want. I guess I'll figure it all out or just accept it. Sorry for the long rambling post. I'm just kinda thinking it out as I type!

Today I was only down another 1/2 lbs, for a total of 3 lbs. I'm hoping for a bigger loss tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #129  

Hello, I tried the plan 7 years ago and it really worked! However, got off track and the weight's back. I located some of the plan's paperwork and started yesterday, down 2.5 lbs.! Do anyone have the info. on the Stabilization phase? Any help would be appreciated. (I have ordered some of the products from dietdirect -very similiar supplements, if not the same -great prices!).
-Tks in advance, jazzyc.

Last edited by JazzyC; 06-01-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #130  
Angela

Quote:
Today's the last day of prep and I'm kinda nervous about tomorrow! I can't seem to figure out what I'm going to eat. Well, not even me so much because I plan to make egg whites and diet bread for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and maybe shrimp and veggies for dinner. I like salads and fruit to it's not too big of a problem. The problem is my husband. He's NOT a veggie/fruit fan, so I don't know what he's going to do. Or I should say what I should do since I'm "in charge" of the food.

Do you think it's ok to split 1 of the proteins and eat 1/2 at a time? I was thinking about how you can have 6 oz of Egg Beaters per serving. I looked it up and that converts to 6 egg whites. I wonder if I can eat 3 or 4 egg white with breakfast and crumble the rest on my salad? Or in my husband's case, can he eat 3 egg whites (1/2 serving) and then at lunch have 4 oz (1/2 serving) of chicken? I just don't know

I also don't understand why you can't have more than 4 servings of veggies if you want. I always thought of lettuce especially as "free" food and that you can eat as much as you want. I guess I'll figure it all out or just accept it. Sorry for the long rambling post. I'm just kinda thinking it out as I type!

Today I was only down another 1/2 lbs, for a total of 3 lbs. I'm hoping for a bigger loss tomorrow.
Don't be dependent on your husband because if you are, when he quits, you will too!!!! With that said...

1) If your husband doesn't like fruits/veggies, he's going to have a hard time completely following this diet. But if he is like my husband, he will probably lose weight from just partly following it. For instance, my husband and daughter eat mostly what I eat, but I usually prepare a special side item just for them that I can't eat. If it's a beef day, I make them baked potatoes. If it's a chicken day, they eat some of the veggies I make, but I might make them a very small pan of pasta and put a few spoons of spaghetti sauce or pesto it it. Or they eat a chicken sandwich with chips. It just takes a few extra minutes to make something extra and it keeps them happy. Usually what they get for a side is canned corn or green beans (both I can't have).

Also, I keep pizza, lasanga, sandwich fixins in the fridge/freezer and if they get sick of chicken, which I eat all the time, I can make them that. It's hard though, on Sat my husband went to a BBQ, but I just didn't go because it's too hard for me at this stage.

2) You aren't suppose to mix proteins but I usually eat less than they say. For instance, at lunch I make a salad and just a small chicken breast piece as a side. I don't eat the 8 oz they say.

Also, you can have more veggies than 4 servings. It says in the book if you are still hungry, you can eat additional raw veggies. I eat a salad and chicken for lunch almost every day. I use A LOT OF lettuce, yellow bell pepper, red onion, & mushrooms) so I know I probably go over the veggies.

Oh, when I make scrambled eggs for us, I sometimes make some bacon for them even though I can't have it. I just put it in a pan and throw it in the oven. I sautee bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, and mushrooms and spread it over my scrambled eggs and put some drops of tabasco on it. Yum! A nice break from chicken or fish.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #131  
Angela

[QUOTE=JazzyC;4355994]Hello, I tried the plan 7 years ago and it really worked! However, got off track and the weight's back. I located some of the plan's paperwork and started yesterday, down 2.5 lbs.! Do anyone have the info. on the Stabilization phase? Any help would be appreciated. (I have ordered some of the products from dietdirect -very similiar supplements, if not the same -great prices!).
-Tks in advance, jazzyc.[/QUOTE

Jazzy, I don't have the stabilization info. I quite last time before I got there. Sorry.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #132  

I only have a minute before I run out the door for work, but wanted to check in.

Angela, those are great ideas. So far hubby is keeping himself on track, but I think he tends to do 1 extra serving of starch. I have been totally on track and my weight loss isn't going too well. On day 5 (2nd diet day) I went up 1/2 lb. the next day I was back down, then another 1/2 lb down the next day, but yesterday I went back up the 1/5 lb and today I'm back down the 1/2 lb!! That damn 1/2 lb won't stay off. I'm not sure what to do. I'm drinking a ton of water cuz I've been so thirsty, well over the 80 oz and yesterday I didn't even have my 3rd fruit. I hoping that maybe my body is in shock or something and all of a sudden I'm gonna have a decent drop. I feel and look thinner so I don't know what's going on.

I've gotta run, but I'll check in again soon.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #133  
Angela

Quote:
I only have a minute before I run out the door for work, but wanted to check in.

Angela, those are great ideas. So far hubby is keeping himself on track, but I think he tends to do 1 extra serving of starch. I have been totally on track and my weight loss isn't going too well. On day 5 (2nd diet day) I went up 1/2 lb. the next day I was back down, then another 1/2 lb down the next day, but yesterday I went back up the 1/5 lb and today I'm back down the 1/2 lb!! That damn 1/2 lb won't stay off. I'm not sure what to do. I'm drinking a ton of water cuz I've been so thirsty, well over the 80 oz and yesterday I didn't even have my 3rd fruit. I hoping that maybe my body is in shock or something and all of a sudden I'm gonna have a decent drop. I feel and look thinner so I don't know what's going on.

I've gotta run, but I'll check in again soon.
Don't get discouraged, it will drop soon. Could it be that your TOM is about to start? I retain water weight during ovulation and also two days before my TOM.

Are you using the Morton Lite salt? You are supposed to use that instead of table salt. Also, you probably lost so much during the prep phase that your body has to catch up.

Just keep working the plan. You will notice a drop soon.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #134  

Quote:
Don't get discouraged, it will drop soon. Could it be that your TOM is about to start? I retain water weight during ovulation and also two days before my TOM.

Are you using the Morton Lite salt? You are supposed to use that instead of table salt. Also, you probably lost so much during the prep phase that your body has to catch up.

Just keep working the plan. You will notice a drop soon.
My TOM is kinda screwy right now, so who knows. I haven't really been using the Morton's Lite salt, but I haven't been adding salt to anything either and have been using Mrs Dash for seasoning. I think it might just be too much food for me. I've had success in the past going lower cal than this. I'm thinking about dropping 1 protein supplement and seeing what happens.

Also I wonder if I'm drinking too much water. Is that even possible? I'm probably drinking around 14 cups, maybe more. I'm just thirsty! I thought lots of water was good, but maybe it's too much. I don't know.

Yesterday I lost that 1/2 lb, but of course it's back again today. I only lost 4 lbs in prep, and am only down another 1/2 lb
Old 06-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #135  
Angela

Quote:
My TOM is kinda screwy right now, so who knows. I haven't really been using the Morton's Lite salt, but I haven't been adding salt to anything either and have been using Mrs Dash for seasoning. I think it might just be too much food for me. I've had success in the past going lower cal than this. I'm thinking about dropping 1 protein supplement and seeing what happens.

Also I wonder if I'm drinking too much water. Is that even possible? I'm probably drinking around 14 cups, maybe more. I'm just thirsty! I thought lots of water was good, but maybe it's too much. I don't know.

Yesterday I lost that 1/2 lb, but of course it's back again today. I only lost 4 lbs in prep, and am only down another 1/2 lb
You should try the Morton Lite salt if you aren't using it. Back when I was going to the center, they made a really BIG DEAL about it because it has added potassium. I know that potassium and sodium regulate each other in the body. When one goes up it decreases the other, so when you use the Morton salt the potassium in it causes your body to elliminate salt and the water that goes with it. I read that a few days ago.

I don't think you should give up a protein supplement. Maybe instead give up a fruit or a bread. Those supplements are supposed to keep you from hitting a plateau. I usually only eat one slice of bread a day and 2 fruits just because I run out of time before I get it all in.

I don't think you should be drinking that much water. 14 cups is about 112 ounces. You shouldn't drink more than 100 ounces and the diet says only to have 80 ounces. I've read in several places that you should 1/2 ounce for every pound of body weight. However much you weigh, devide by half and that's your recommended water consumption. I'm at 175 / 2 = 87.5 ounces but I TRY to drink 100 ounces, but usually end up only drinking 75 ounces.
Closed Thread