General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #91  

Default 3rd time's a charm!

Well I am back on the QWLC diet for the 3rd time - did about 6 weeks back in 2008 before I had to move out of the country, gradually gained back the 10 pounds or so I had lost, so when i moved back to Georgia I started again in the summer of 2009, and made it to October before I fell off the wagon again...Now I am back and trying to commit to making it all the way through stabilization/maintenance phases and actually NOT wasting the hundreds of dollars this plan costs!

Hopefully I will hear more from some others who are doing this diet as well. its hard but it works, if you follow it. I am having trouble currently with pickles - they aren't allowed but I can't stop craving them!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #92  
ash

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5 3'

Yeah I know how it is the gradual weight gain. I lived in Mexico for 6 months in 2009 and lost 20lbs and was so excited and then I came back to the states and gained it all back and now Im doing the qwlc diet and have lost 15lbs in a month and am so excited. I like pickles too but I love cucumbers with lemon juice and a little salt. I dont know if that will help stave off the cravings but there you go.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #93  
ash

S/C/G: 192/177/150

Height: 5 3'

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
HEY GUYS IVE BEEN MISSING FOR A WHILE BC I WAS NOT FOLLOWNING THE PLAN BUT I signed up again after being off plan for 5 months and gained every pound back that I lost. Im really sticking to it this time though, in 3 days ive lost 7lbs and hope maybe for 10lbs before my first week is up. Im also committing to following the plan with NO CHEATS!! Only Christmas and thats it. Can anyone share some favorite recipes?
I have been on the diet for about a month now and have lost 15 lbs. one of my favorite recipies is to saute with pam 1 cup squash 1 cup mushrooms and chicken tender breast meat cut into bite size pieces a litttle salt and a little garlic and herb spice from Mrs. Dash. Really simple but really declisouse. it reminds me of chinese food especially if I add a little onion. Good luck
Old 04-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #94  

Wink Started again

I just started finished my three day prep period, I lost a total of 8 pounds. Since I still have all the information from several years ago I am not going to the center I am doing this on my own

SW 220
CW 212
GW 150

I have a long ways to go but if not now when?
Old 04-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #95  
Angela

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I finished my Prep Phase and am on Day 2 of the regular program. I'm happy to find this forum where other people are on the QWLC diet too! I moved to Italy eight months ago and there aren't any diet products here or even diet centers, so I'm doing this on my own. I had success with it in 2007. I dropped baby weight after my dauther was born, so I know it works.

Last edited by TexaninItaly; 04-21-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #96  

I am so glad I started back on the program

SW 220 4/9/12
CW 207 5/3/12
GW 150
Old 05-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #97  

Hi all,

new here and I need some help, hoping you can give it
I am european and following a low carb high protein diet. It works great -so far so good- but the thing is, we are planning our holidays in the states (washington D.C- round trip cherokee, assateague,...) end of june. First I thought I would do it in 2 phases: pre holiday and post holiday but it's going so well that I want to continue. Now, the big question is: where can I find these products (protein shakes) in the US as I am quite sure I can't bring them on the plane?

Can anyone give me tips, shops, websites or makes and types in US (here it's called Kyalin and eurodiet but I guess it has other names there?).

Thank you!
Tigs
Old 05-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #98  

Hi All!
I did QWLC years ago and have gained it all back due to a divorce and stress eating, I am now determined to start again with support form people like you. I will start my 3 day phase tomorrow and get motivated. I have ordered everything from online since i still have my paperwork. I am 45 and at 185. Hoping to go down 30-40 pounds. DOes anyone else do this who is a single mom and has to cook other foods for their kids..they eat protein but also carbs...and lots of them (rice, breads, cookies). ANy advice for the soon to be person who will get the headaches as I also have to give upo my Diet cokes....(my drug of choice).
Here's to the new shrinking me (i hope)!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #99  
Angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne4 View Post
Hi All!
I did QWLC years ago and have gained it all back due to a divorce and stress eating, I am now determined to start again with support form people like you. I will start my 3 day phase tomorrow and get motivated. I have ordered everything from online since i still have my paperwork. I am 45 and at 185. Hoping to go down 30-40 pounds. DOes anyone else do this who is a single mom and has to cook other foods for their kids..they eat protein but also carbs...and lots of them (rice, breads, cookies). ANy advice for the soon to be person who will get the headaches as I also have to give upo my Diet cokes....(my drug of choice).
Here's to the new shrinking me (i hope)!
Hi Ann,
I'm glad you are here. I thought everyone left this forum by the time I found it. I'm not a single mom, but I know how you feel. I end up cooking two dinners because my husband can't eat much beef or shell fish because he has gout and we can't have chicken every day. Breakfast on the weekends is hard when I make bacon and eggs for them and have strawberries and a piece of toast for me. The hardest part of the day for me is when my four year old daughter gets home from school. We usually eat a sanck together. She usually wants yogurt or a banana and then a cookie or two. I ordered some high protein bars and puddings from the US so I'm going to try to save that supplement until then so I can eat it while she has her snack. One thing that is really helping me is that they added 8 oz of skim milk to the food plan one, so now I make a skim milk cappaccino twice a day to enjoy as a treat. American coffee isn't available here in Italy. I know I shouldn't have that, but I'm still losing weight and I have two every day.

Angela
Old 05-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #100  
Angela

Where are you people at? I want you to come back! There isn't much support online for QWLC, so we need to support each other.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #101  
Angela

I'm looking for someone on QWLC to share recipe ideas with. I'm getting tired of chicken and steamed veggies.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #102  
Angela

Awe, every day I check, and I'm still the only one that is coming to this thread.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #103  

Hi, I am new to 3 chicks. I’ve been on the qwlc program for 3 months now with 30 lb loss to date. I could have lost a little more but my husband had knee surgery when we were 5 weeks into our program & has had a slow recovery, that has required lots of my additional attention besides my full-time day employment (Stress & food boredom still makes me want to sometimes eat something other than the program allows).
I’ve been reading the forum for tips and support.
The program supplements were a godsend to help me get started. They have raised my metabolism and given me the willpower to be overall successful to date. However, last week was probably the worst when I checked in at qwlc and had lost only ½ lb after I attended a couple of party events that included meals. I didn’t eat very much but some of it wasn’t on the program plan and that cost me at the weigh-in. So I’ve refocused, added extra water and dropped one fruit and I think I’m a good 4 pounds down today…we will see when I do the weigh-in this evening.

I will check in regularly!

Started 198 lb
Goal 138 lbs
Currently 168 lbs
Height 5’6”
Old 05-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #104  
Angela

Welcome, TexasGirl. 30 pounds is great! I've only lost 16, but only have been seriously trying for about 2 weeks. I'm going to Paris on June 14 and would like to be 170 by the trip.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 172/161/130

Height: 5'5"

Default QWL info

Hi everyone! I'm interested in starting the Quick Weight loss diet to lose the weight I put on with my now 6 month old, but can NOT afford to pay their crazy prices Would anyone be willing to send me the diet info? I'm not sure about the different phases, what's restricted, the specific "rules", forbidden foods, etc. Thanks alot, I really am getting desperate.
Closed Thread