Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #526  
Rain on the Beach

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! I hope we can encourage you with your weight loss goals and your journey to become healthier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynxagain View Post
I'm so sick of people saying that I am their Ideal weight.
Oh, I really can't stand when people say that, because it's often unreasonable. My boyfriend, who is well above 6 feet tall, has an ideal weight of 195, which is skinny on him as it is - I would be completely aghast if he aspired to be my weight, and 195 on me would be obese!!

Granted, that's an extreme example, but it serves my point - what's ideal for some is not for others, and it's so frustrating when people ignore that!

I've actually developed a response for people who discourage me for reasons like that... "Everyone needs to eat healthy, no matter their weight. If I'm too thin to lose weight by eating healthy, then the worst it can do is just keep me where I'm at. It won't hurt me!"

Maybe not the wittiest response, but it's the truth!

Last edited by Lluvia; 02-12-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Lluvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:21 PM   #527  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hello this is my first post.

I was so glad to find the featherweights group here. In clothes I look skinny, an XL t-shirt covers where I'm fattest. I'm so sick of people saying that I am their Ideal weight. I am skinny everywhere except my lower abdomen. I am very small boned. I have to wear children's watchbands. When I was young I looked best at 107 pounds. I am old now and I think 115 would be a better weight.

I have orders from my Doctor to lose because of my apple shape. Plus I have diabetes. (the family curse)

I refuse to just give up trying to lose this weight. I have tried all kinds of different diets. They all mostly work until they don't anymore.

Heaviest weight-157
Current----------128
Goal-------------115

I really love the smilies here.
Welcome! I don't mean to be forward, but diabetes is so serious. My hubby got his numbers down from the 300s to the 120s or so by following the advice in Atkins Diabetes Revolution. He never even had to take medication, even though his A1C started out at 12, which is apparently high. Again, I'm sorry to just blurt that out, and you'd have to check with your doctor, of course. I just hate to see anyone suffer.

At any rate, glad you're here!
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:02 PM   #528  

My Doctor put me on a 65 carb diet. I read the Bernstein diabetes book a long time ago. So I switched from WW to Bernstein. Bernstein allows 30 carbs a day.

At that time my Blood Glucose was in the 300's and I went down to needing no medication at all for about 10 years. Then I did a lot of stress eating and it's back again, along with the weight.
Dynxagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:41 PM   #529  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
My Doctor put me on a 65 carb diet. I read the Bernstein diabetes book a long time ago. So I switched from WW to Bernstein. Bernstein allows 30 carbs a day.

At that time my Blood Glucose was in the 300's and I went down to needing no medication at all for about 10 years. Then I did a lot of stress eating and it's back again, along with the weight.
That's great that you know that you can do it! God bless you on your continuing quest for good health.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:20 PM   #530  
principessa

S/C/G: 159/165/138

Default Yiipppeee!

Oh! I think I found my spot.
I think like a fat person, it doesn't matter that I only need to loose 20 pds., fat is fat. Unhealthy is unhealthy. I have had health problems and need to loose the weight.
I started at 192. It has been 3 years and I am at 158, going up and down from 156 to 159 lately.
It's scary. Nuts must GO! I have been using the SB diet and started to introduce more and more nuts due to hunger. Veggies just don't get it. Since I am also watching cholesterol I thought nuts were a good alternative.
I do crazy things. I get caught up on one kind of food and think that will be the key to me being full and living happily ever after. I overdo every good idea!
Less eating of Carbs has exposed increased anxiety. Sugars or food that turn to sugar covered that up nicely in the past.
Thank you for being here.
inforthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:39 PM   #531  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inforthin View Post
Oh! I think I found my spot.
I think like a fat person, it doesn't matter that I only need to loose 20 pds., fat is fat. Unhealthy is unhealthy. I have had health problems and need to loose the weight.
I started at 192. It has been 3 years and I am at 158, going up and down from 156 to 159 lately.
It's scary. Nuts must GO! I have been using the SB diet and started to introduce more and more nuts due to hunger. Veggies just don't get it. Since I am also watching cholesterol I thought nuts were a good alternative.
I do crazy things. I get caught up on one kind of food and think that will be the key to me being full and living happily ever after. I overdo every good idea!
Less eating of Carbs has exposed increased anxiety. Sugars or food that turn to sugar covered that up nicely in the past.
Thank you for being here.
Thank you for joining us! Sounds like you have a lot of insight into your process. I think it helps everyone to hear about that kind of exploration.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:05 AM   #532  
principessa

HungerWerks,
For the welcome! Congrats on your success!
I like your formula: 1100 x7 =7700. Helps me think through food though I don't want to count, I have a pretty good idea I did not get here to 3fc by thinking about cals!
Old 03-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #533  

S/C/G: 226.5/198/185

Height: 6'0

Default Hi Aymi2

Tall girls UNITE! I am 5'11.5 (depending on my mood I tell people I am 6'0)! Welcome welcome welcome! I have received amazing support here. I know you will to
nicolas89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:05 PM   #534  
principessa

I am a shorty, just 5'2." Weight makes me look all scrunched down! I seem to look shorter the heavier I am. :-( Struggling right now. Weight not changing. Feeling deprived. Thanks for the good cheer! Congrats for loosing! (24 pds. that is...that sounded funny...!)
Old 04-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #535  

S/C/G: 225/194/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile New here

Hi all! crunchymama told me about this forum and how supportive you all have been to her and I figured I'd give it a shot. I have about 50 lbs I need to loose and need help! I have a back that prevents me from doing aggressive exercise (at least currently) and I'm a single mother of twin 3.5 yrs olds (so yes, I move around a lot, but not enough to get my heart rate up for the recommended time).

I am a nurse practitioner and know what I am supposed to do and eat, but I find it hard to follow my own advise. I have had a lot of stress in my life the past 4 years and I know that is why I tend to overeat or comfort eat. I am working on the mental peice as well!

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself!
skinnygirltrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:07 AM   #536  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnygirltrapped View Post
Hi all! crunchymama told me about this forum and how supportive you all have been to her and I figured I'd give it a shot. I have about 50 lbs I need to loose and need help! I have a back that prevents me from doing aggressive exercise (at least currently) and I'm a single mother of twin 3.5 yrs olds (so yes, I move around a lot, but not enough to get my heart rate up for the recommended time).

I am a nurse practitioner and know what I am supposed to do and eat, but I find it hard to follow my own advise. I have had a lot of stress in my life the past 4 years and I know that is why I tend to overeat or comfort eat. I am working on the mental peice as well!

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself!
Welcome! Glad you're here. Any fine feathered friend of CrunchyMama's is a friend of ours!

Old 05-27-2015, 05:00 PM   #537  

S/C/G: 126/126/110

Height: 5'0"

Default New Member

Hello,

I've never done a support forum like this before, but I'm hoping that joining might keep me accountable.

I'm short (5'0"), 31 years old, and started gaining weight a few years ago. After having to buy a whole new wardrobe once already, I'm facing having to buy another, so it's time to do something!

The problem? I hate exercise in all forms, and, well, I like eating terribly unhealthy food. Nothing too complex. I live in NYC, and although I walk a fair amount here, I also eat a lot of pizza.

I used to weigh 95 lbs, and am currently at my heaviest at 126 lbs. My goal is 110 lbs, so I need to lose 16+ lbs.

I embarked on an intense exercise routine for 6 months where I did kung-fu a couple of times a week, 2.5 hours/day, but I just couldn't keep it up and nearly destroyed my knees. Now I'm trying home exercise at my own pace with strength and cardio exercises. I'm also trying to cook more, but I have a bad food delivery addiction with Seamless.

I hope I can maintain some lifestyle changes, but in the past, I do well for about a few weeks, then go back to my old ways. I hope that maybe with some help, I can keep my motivation.

Anyway, nice to meet you!

Last edited by Tamago; 05-27-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:25 PM   #538  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
Hello,

I've never done a support forum like this before, but I'm hoping that joining might keep me accountable.

I'm short (5'0"), 31 years old, and started gaining weight a few years ago. After having to buy a whole new wardrobe once already, I'm facing having to buy another, so it's time to do something!

The problem? I hate exercise in all forms, and, well, I like eating terribly unhealthy food. Nothing too complex. I live in NYC, and although I walk a fair amount here, I also eat a lot of pizza.

I used to weigh 95 lbs, and am currently at my heaviest at 126 lbs. My goal is 110 lbs, so I need to lose 16+ lbs.

I embarked on an intense exercise routine for 6 months where I did kung-fu a couple of times a week, 2.5 hours/day, but I just couldn't keep it up and nearly destroyed my knees. Now I'm trying home exercise at my own pace with strength and cardio exercises. I'm also trying to cook more, but I have a bad food delivery addiction with Seamless.

I hope I can maintain some lifestyle changes, but in the past, I do well for about a few weeks, then go back to my old ways. I hope that maybe with some help, I can keep my motivation.

Anyway, nice to meet you!
Welcome! Glad you're joining us. If you don't mind my asking, what is "Seamless"?

Last edited by HungerWerks; 06-02-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:13 AM   #539  

S/C/G: 126/126/110

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
Welcome! Glad you're joining us. If you don't mind my asking, what is "Seamless"?

Ah, Seamless is an online way to order food for delivery. I'd post a link, but the forum isn't letting me, so you can Google it if you are interested. I think it's only available in certain cities, though. I started using it when I had a broken foot, and gradually started ordering delivery several times a week, even after I was healed. Oops
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:27 PM   #540  

Default Another Newbie

Hello All,
I have been "lurking" for a while and decided I need to take the plunge. Too often I am only held accountable to myself and I tend to be very lenient.

No one thinks I am overweight except myself (mostly because of the clothes I wear), but I am getting older (headed to 50) and my metabolism has slowed. The weight is easier to get on and harder to take off. I am not greedy. I know that I would feel great if I could "only" lose 10 pounds. My hope is that hearing all of your struggles and success will motivate me to do the best I can.

I am fairly active, eat well (one of my children has celiac disease, so we are very healthy eaters), but I am a stress eater and sometimes binge during stressful times. I am 5'4" and always weighed around 123 until after I stopped nursing my 5th child - then the weight started coming on. I weigh 145 now and would be thrilled if I could get down to the lower 130s!! A lot of foods I have eliminated from my diet just because they cause severe bloating (age??).

However, life for me is a journey, so I try anew everyday. I look forward to meeting you all! Thank you for being around
SuzLen is offline   Reply With Quote