Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:14 PM   #136  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Skittles!!! Being at a weight you want on your Birthday is just the BEST! Happy Birthday and thanks for the inspiration!
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:20 AM   #137  
Fighting the Good Fight

Doing my Intermittent Fast day today, it's been an emotional week and I'm actually kind of glad I don't have to think about food today beyond drinking my shake.

Have a Geat Day!

Last edited by spanky; 04-16-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:14 PM   #138  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

I ate crap and my tummy hurts bad
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #139  

spanky-I wouldn't want to IF it reminds me of bad times before my Colonoscopies.

Skittles- Hope you feel better soon. Get in that bed and pamper yourself.

I need some pep talk so I'm off net surfing to check out stuff that will make me happy today.
Dynxagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:47 PM   #140  
Fighting the Good Fight

Today on plan so far, yesterday the fast went smoothly. Pretty sure I'm going to be up a pound for tomorrow's weigh-in, but who knows?

Happy Friday to all!
Old 04-17-2015, 04:33 PM   #141  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Cool

Best wishes for the weekend, my fine feathered friends!

Spanky - way to go on the IF! I do love the extra time I get by my version.

Skittles - sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. I can relate, because my eating for today stopped at 4 p. m., and I really cranked it in there before the buzzer rang!

Dynxagain - I hope you find the happiness you seek!

Last edited by HungerWerks; 04-17-2015 at 04:34 PM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
Best wishes for the weekend, my fine feathered friends!

Spanky - way to go on the IF! I do love the extra time I get by my version.

Skittles - sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. I can relate, because my eating for today stopped at 4 p. m., and I really cranked it in there before the buzzer rang!

Dynxagain - I hope you find the happiness you seek!
126.9 I'm gonna cut my bread and see what happens since I'm an apple.i tried seeking advice in a fb group and they told me Im healthy and skinny and not to worry. I'm gonna try an apple shape diet

Last edited by skittlesfirehawk; 04-18-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:22 AM   #143  

Skittles-Are you cutting your bread in an apple shape? I'm an apple-shaped person too.

I was at the point of almost giving up on my diet a couple days ago. I have been at this since January, and I'm not getting very far. But, I will perservere.

I hit 125 this week, I will probably bounce back up, but at least I saw a loss, no matter how fleeting.
Dynxagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:54 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

*googles apple shape diets* The first page I found was all in favour of bread, as long as it's wholegrain. Complex carbs are indeed the way to go. Although it also said that visceral fat is the first to go when you diet, and last I heard it's the last to go. Otherwise I would suddenly develop an hourglass figure as soon as I started dieting!

I make my own bread with a bread machine, which is far healthier and tastier than the stuff you find in shops. Although when you first get the bread machine, you do end up eating an awful lot of bread until the excitement wears off and you settle down! Anyway, I got into making sourdough, which turns out to be really easy, and which I find to taste lovely and to be a lot more sustaining than yeasted breads. Turns out there's been research showing that sourdough is really good for stabilising your blood sugar, to the point that white sourdough does a much better job than wholewheat yeasted bread - and I make mostly wholewheat sourdough, so that'll be even better. I'm satisfied on just one slice for breakfast, whereas with other breads I'd want two and might still feel a bit hungry. (Bear in mind that I eat small breakfasts, adjust this according to your own meal balance.) I can definitely recommend it. Especially with walnuts in it, nom nom nom. I'm guessing a lot of the issues around different types of carbs are about blood sugar.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:42 AM   #145  

126 and tummy still hurts today I ate miso soup one piece of grilled chicken and a baked potato
Old 04-21-2015, 08:04 AM   #146  

I'm 126.2 and tummy still feels bad.i want to rant a little.yesterday was dress fitting for me and soon to be step sister.she recently got told she's obese by bmi standards at doctor.we went out for my bday to nyc and she kept saying she was fat.then at the fitting she kept saying my butt was so huge and then a few seconds later would add but in a good way.im over her calling herself fat either fix it or shut up.just because I lost the weight and she didn't doesn't give her a right to comment on my body.i work hard for my body
Old 04-21-2015, 02:01 PM   #147  
Fighting the Good Fight

Still OK-under 130 at least, by a little. So far this week on plan. I work in a lab and it's National Lab Week which means special treats brought in every day in huge amounts. Monday was 40 stuffed crust pizzas. Today was a cheesecake bar, for crying out loud!

None of that is on my plan and I'm really glad I took the trouble to pack well rounded lunches this week. Three more days and a weekend of leftovers to go......hanging in there.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:59 AM   #148  

Old 04-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #149  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
Wow, you've lost a lot since last month - congrats!

I'm sorry to hear about your run-in. That other person was probably just jealous.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:40 AM   #150  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
Still OK-under 130 at least, by a little. So far this week on plan. I work in a lab and it's National Lab Week which means special treats brought in every day in huge amounts. Monday was 40 stuffed crust pizzas. Today was a cheesecake bar, for crying out loud!

None of that is on my plan and I'm really glad I took the trouble to pack well rounded lunches this week. Three more days and a weekend of leftovers to go......hanging in there.
Gosh, you're doing great, especially in the face of some really serious temptation - way to go! Planning ahead is certainly a life-saver!

Last edited by HungerWerks; 04-22-2015 at 10:44 AM.