Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:47 AM   #16  

Called all over yesterday. The only thing available is Curves and I KNOW I can't do that. I used to go there before I had the surgeries.

Hun-I don't take any vits. anymore. Doctor wants me to take calcium and vit. D, but I just stopped all vit. I used to spend half my mornings taking vits. and meds. I will take vit. C if I think I'm coming down with something. I started to eat veggies and fruits.

Funny I just found a yoga tape yesterday, it was never opened. It says it's level 2, so it's probably over my head. I also found a DVD for back care basics maybe I will try this one.
Dynxagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #17  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynxagain View Post
Called all over yesterday. The only thing available is Curves and I KNOW I can't do that. I used to go there before I had the surgeries.

Hun-I don't take any vits. anymore. Doctor wants me to take calcium and vit. D, but I just stopped all vit. I used to spend half my mornings taking vits. and meds. I will take vit. C if I think I'm coming down with something. I started to eat veggies and fruits.

Funny I just found a yoga tape yesterday, it was never opened. It says it's level 2, so it's probably over my head. I also found a DVD for back care basics maybe I will try this one.
Good deal! Veggies and fruits are so full of good-for-you stuff. Also, I saw an ad on TV today about an exercise chair. It had resistance bands for strength training. Of course, you never know about the quality of those TV products.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:36 AM   #18  

I found a walking tape and I can do it next to a chair. Actually, I can do a quarter of the 10 min. walk. I sit for a min then stand and do more of the tape. I have a big TV in the LR and a dvd/vhs player hooked up to it. It felt like I was in her gym with them.

I didn't realize I had all of these old tapes, I used to buy them at garage sales years ago. When one gets too easy I'll move on to another tape. I forgot I had them all.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:40 AM   #19  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
I found a walking tape and I can do it next to a chair. Actually, I can do a quarter of the 10 min. walk. I sit for a min then stand and do more of the tape. I have a big TV in the LR and a dvd/vhs player hooked up to it. It felt like I was in her gym with them.

I didn't realize I had all of these old tapes, I used to buy them at garage sales years ago. When one gets too easy I'll move on to another tape. I forgot I had them all.
I love the tapes! I have a few, including a couple of Richard Simmons ones. I find that the tapes give me a better workout than I'd give myself, as they contain different types of exercise, and I just tend to do my favorites.

You go, girl!
Old 03-07-2015, 06:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/118.4/123

Height: 5.4

Sitting at 124.2 not sure where I want to go from here. I'm thinking 118 but not sure five more pounds or so will make a difference.

Last edited by habakuktwo; 03-07-2015 at 06:57 PM.
habakuktwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #21  

Habak-Lose slowly until you reach a point where you think "this is too skinny for me." Alas, we all know how easy it is to gain a pound back.

I have to go buy some food today. I hate grocery shopping.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #22  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by habakuktwo View Post
Sitting at 124.2 not sure where I want to go from here. I'm thinking 118 but not sure five more pounds or so will make a difference.
You've done an incredible job. Forty pounds! That is quite an accomplishment. If I haven't said it already - and even if I have - congratulations!
Old 03-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #23  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Question

Quote:
Habak-Lose slowly until you reach a point where you think "this is too skinny for me." Alas, we all know how easy it is to gain a pound back.

I have to go buy some food today. I hate grocery shopping.
I had to go yesterday. Sometimes I love it and sometimes it's a chore. Is there something that makes it better for you?
Old 03-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #24  

I don't mind the actual shopping it's the putting it all in the car and taking it out to sit it on the porch. Then lugging it all in and having to get the frozen and fridge stuff put away. I get so tired from doing it.

Then it takes 2 days more to get it all put away and cleaned up.

Thanks Wed for the tip about chlordine in eggs making you feel full. I knew they did make me feel full just never knew why before.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:47 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 143/121/115

Height: 5'5

I have just joined the site! So excited and motivated. Lost 15lbs in just under 8 weeks and now 128lbs. Want to be under 120lb so aiming for 119lb but it is definitely true that the less weight you have to lose, the harder it is.

Quite enjoying the challenge though.
eilidh429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:11 PM   #26  

Welcome Eil-congradulations on the weight losses.

It is hard to lose the last few pounds, I keep trying to go off on binges. Ugh. Then I get a gain back and then I think about quitting trying.

I'm off to do my exercise tape. New motto-Keep chipping away at the pounds.

Last edited by Dynxagain; 03-10-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:01 PM   #27  

No loss this week. I do a lot of up and down losses. A lot of it is my age but I should be losing a little better. I will keep upping my exercise as I am able to do it.

I have been trying to rent the first season of the "Game of Thrones" Turns out they re-rented it out to the person who had it rented out last week. They charge too much money to buy the series and I refuse to pay that much, so I thought I would rent it from the video store. This is what happens with small town living.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:21 AM   #28  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilidh429 View Post
I have just joined the site! So excited and motivated. Lost 15lbs in just under 8 weeks and now 128lbs. Want to be under 120lb so aiming for 119lb but it is definitely true that the less weight you have to lose, the harder it is.

Quite enjoying the challenge though.
Welcome, Eilidh429! Glad you're here.

That's quite a spectacular loss in such a short time. Do you mind sharing your approach? I could use it now, as I'm slowing down big time this week!

Old 03-12-2015, 07:23 AM   #29  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Talking

Quote:
No loss this week. I do a lot of up and down losses. A lot of it is my age but I should be losing a little better. I will keep upping my exercise as I am able to do it.

I have been trying to rent the first season of the "Game of Thrones" Turns out they re-rented it out to the person who had it rented out last week. They charge too much money to buy the series and I refuse to pay that much, so I thought I would rent it from the video store. This is what happens with small town living.
At least you have a video store! All we have is Redbox.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #30  

Today I am going to write down a menu for the day, including what I will have for snack times. Then all I have to do is stick to the day's menu. I think this is where I am slipping up at. I forget stuff a lot.

Hey, It won't hurt to try.

Hun-What is red box?

Here's hoping my new idea will work.