Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 09:37 AM   #106  

Default Friday Morning (Yipee)

Hi all! Well, DH arrived safely home from the UP. Now he's heading down to AR this morning. Driving 3 in a truck...no thank you.

Michele- I'm so sorry you've been disappointed. Could that disappointment be a red flag? Gosh, maybe that train ride should be sooner than later. Time to take time out for you. Wilma's right...we are all here for you if you want.

Wilma- I'm almost afraid to start painting because I've not painted in alot of years. And...it's a faux finish (suede look) to boot. I had some sweet stuff in some baked beans I ate for dinner last night...but that's it. I want to lose at least 10 lbs before Christmas.

Gotta jet...
Old 11-19-2004, 12:10 PM   #107  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Tgif

HI GALS

Just checking in before I go do a few errands...off work today and need to get some things done before Angie and I fly to Washington tomorrow, actually Portland then up to Wa. We will be back on Wed. afternoon. The weather looks decent so that is good news...although much colder than we southern Californian's (coastal ones anyway) are used to. My friend says that it has been in the 30's...can people really LIVE in that kind of weather . Asking for PRAYERS for a safe trip. Thanks in advance, 'cause I know you are sending them.

WILMA good news on the kitchen...Martha will be so happy, when she gets out, to know you are almost finished...bet she is just gonna love it too The Italian soup (no offense BUNNA) recipe came from an old Heloise column..
3 cans stewed tomatoes
2 cans of cannelloni beans
4cups water
carrots, celery, and onion diced
half to teaspoon each of basil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, pepper and salt
Put all in large pot...boil then simmer until veggies cooked, about an hour
15 minutes before finished add 3 to 6 sliced hot dogs (Italian?)
About 20 minutes before finished cook a pound of elbow macaroni
Combine when finished.
My family really enjoyed this, I really thought Angie wouldn't care too much for it but she did..she is not really a hot dog person (we use turkey franks) but she really loved the broth the soup made. I actually added about 1 teaspoon of each seasoning other than the salt and pepper. It would have been good without the macaroni too, and less filling. AND IT WAS EASY!!

MICHELE I am so sorry for the disappointment you are experiencing at the moment..this too shall pass. You are doing the right thing by staying busy and on your goals. Prayers.

MKAY Happy painting!

BUNNA Hope the work situation works out for you soon. Having issues at work too here, I was working for my cousin to help him finish up before he retired, his sons took over, although they treat me well they are not doing a very good job at managing the small company...this was NOT UN-EXPECTED! anyway it is taking less time for the builders patience than even I anticipated...they have been really after me to leave them then do the drywall on their homes myself...I keep telling them NO THANKS! I quit my business years ago...just labor now...ON MY OWN TIME! I need to be free to go see the kids sports etc. I worked hard for many years to be able to do this, after it is over..1 more year for college tennis for my kiddo, then maybe I will put in more hours...NOT!!! Could explain why we are looking to relocate

Well prayers for all, hoping JOE and DONNA are having a great vacation so far, SHERRY is ON POINTS!, SAMI's Holiday stress at work is less, MARILYN is gonna reach her MILES for the year, TEEL is coming home healthy, SUE re-appears, ON MY WEIGH, ANGIE-WANGIE, SCORCHIN, KLYESMOMMY and anyone I may have missed are doing well.

PRAYERS for your families at THANKSGIVING. Gary
Old 11-19-2004, 02:20 PM   #108  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning everyone.

Hope this finds everyone well today. I am off for a full day at work, first since being sick. I woke up feeling pretty good this a.m. but will be taking it easy at work so I don't end up sick again. Been following plan pretty well since getting back from Vegas. Of course, how hard is it not to eat when sick?

No offense taken Gary, that soup sounds good. I am trying to talk my dh into making Italian Wedding Soup soon. I know what you mean about working hard for retirement, dh and I want to sell the restaurant in a few years and retire. He is retired from logging and enjoys not having to get up to the tune of big ben every a.m. really early.

Wilma, won't you be glad when that kitchen is finished? Can't wait to see pictures. Is everything going alright otherwise?

Mkay, I am getting ready to do a color wash in our bedroom. First time too. Actually, I am going to paint the cat's bathroom first then if it isn't just right, they won't care and trust me company doesn't go in there. Thinking about green for the bedroom with a light green wash. I also want to get started on the dressers soon. Perhaps that would be a good January project since Christmas will keep me busy for now. the kids should be out by mid-January at the latest. I am so excited, new floors, new paint, new drapes, it is going to look to nice in here. Fresh start for us with no one living here. Of course, his mother is always looming but for now she is content to just come stay with us while dh's sister works. I don't mind that so much and I make dh deal with her mostly. I will deal with my parents when the time comes if they need it.

Michele, hope you are feeling better today. Sending ((())) your way.

Has anyone heard how Teel is doing? Hello to everyone else. Everyone have a blessed day.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:54 AM   #109  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default New Thread

STOP!!!

New thread is started... please come join us on http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...d=1#post719101
Closed Thread