Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-03-2004, 08:15 AM   #16  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

A very Good Morning Gals!!

A HUGE *WELCOME*
to *AMY* & KERRY*!

Hi Kerry ~ I remember you from the Curves Thread I haven't been over there much now that I have joined on this thread - I'm sorry I know you were posting allot there... how are you doing these days? Sounds like you have some great goals for this month and will do well in reaching them! *Luck* to you!!

Hi Amy ~ Of course you can join in! Everyone is welcome to. Allot of us also do other workouts as well as walking - I go to Curves. We just set our own goals and try to meet up with them if we can --- no competing here except maybe with ourselves to reach our set goals

I think it's wonderful that you are planning a walk benefiting Alzheimer on September 11th ~ wishing you the very best

As for the images --- I will send you a PM with instructions on how to do them at the fist possible moment I get, okay

Hey there Cathy! ~ It's so good to see you back!!! I was so concerned you had left us...
I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of BOTH your grandparents... how very sad! You & your family have my sympathies & prayers. How long were they married? To be in their 80's and still alive together --- wonderful to hear about!! I hope the same for Joe & I. I have often heard that after living so long with one another that the spouse passes shortly after the first. My heart goes out to you... so much loss in such a short amount of time. And then for your DF to lose her sister my goodness... you have been through allot of sadness this last month! Here is a BIG Let's hope that this month will be a better month for you --- you just gotta get your VCR running again Do you have DVD's? You can play the DVD into your computer if you have a DVD player in your tower... just a thought. You take care of yourself now, Cathy! I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way for a much better month ahead

Hi Michelle!!! ~ How's that little guy, Yugi, doing??

Mel ~ I'll miss you!!! Cannot wait to hear about your birthday weekend

*~*~*

Me... I am feeling so much better today!!!! In fact, I am feeling pretty darn good!!! No complaints today - well, except that maybe I wish I had gotten in another mile yesterday I will try my best to get my 2 miles in today. As soon as I finish postiing here I will dash off and head for my T-mill

*Have a WONDERFUL DAY Gals!*
*Think Positive*

Luvs, SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

thanks gals! ya'll are all too sweet!

Sunny - they were married 68 years! yep a really long time! and only apart for 17 days. but they are running on streets of gold together now!

The repair place got one vcr/dvd player running and I'm picking it up today. He said that when the electricity surged on and off that it jammed the belt in the vcr part and the belt had to be changed out. suppose to be working fine now. $20 to fix, so that is much better then having to buy another one - even at Walmart. Hopefully it will be the same problem with the other 2.

Soooooooo NO MATTER WHAT I am gonna exercise first thing tomorrow morning!

oh yea - I have tapes and dvds. that's a great idea about playing the dvd in the computer, but our computer is older and doesn't play them.

and Sunny - don't worry - I will never leave! I have been walking for exercise for dang....15 years now....I cannot stop. With a low thryoid problem I should be exercising every day for an hour. I can't do that with my schedule but I have got to do as much as I can. so you'll never get rid of me!

yep - I'm definitely hoping and praying that this will be a better month!

hope everyone has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 09-03-2004 at 12:07 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:24 PM   #18  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
I hope everyone had a great day today. I was able to walk my 2 miles this morning. Then this afternoon I went to Curves. I got weighed and measured for this month. I stayed the same weight wise, but did loss some inches and body fat. My arms went down an inch and my waist went down 3/4 of an inch. I dropped 1.30% body fat. So I am feeling positive about reaching my goal this coming month.
Sunny, I missed you on the Curves thread. NO one has been in there for about a month now. Sounds like you are plugging away on your weight loss goals. Keep up the good work. Sorry to hear that you have been ill lately. Hope you are feeling better today.
Cathy I am glad that the repair shop was able to get one of your vcr's working. That must make you feel positive about walking again.
Well I am off to bed. I plan on doing the WATP's Express Super Challenge tomorrow morning. Need to be well rested for it. I haven't done it in a while.
Talk to you all later.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:28 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 256.5/256/???

Height: 5 ft 4

Hi, can I apply here to join the September Walkers? I've made this challenge for myself:

When my son goes back to school on Wednesday, then I will plan to walk for 20 - 30 mins every day, either after I have dropped him at school or before I pick him up in the afternoon. I will do this on a minimum of 3 days out of 5 each week, and this will be in addition to my other exercise commitments (1 each of aquarobics, belly dancing, swimming) not instead of.
clarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:10 PM   #20  

Hey clarrie - I recognize you from our daily thread boards! hey hey hey

Well I MADE MYSELF do a 30 minute 2 mile Express WATP tape w/2 lb weights, and then 45 situps and 15 double leg lifts. I not draggin near as bas as I was this morning when I got up - I am here to tell you that exercise REALLY DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

September Miles = 2

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
cathy
Old 09-04-2004, 02:35 PM   #21  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies!!

I am new to 3FC and a walker too!
I was just wondering if I could join your group. I have 60 pounds to loose total, but right now I am concentrating on that first 10%!
I live in WI, but by the time that it is really to cold and snowy to walk outside I should be moving south!
Well, I should better get walking!!
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 05:09 PM   #22  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend! I got up this morning and did the WATP Super Challenge walk (4 miles) with my 8 year-old sdd. So that was a great way to start the day.
Clarrie that sounds like you have a wonderful plan on adding walking into your workout routine. I think any little bit of excersie helps. Look at me, I have lost close to 70 pounds and have another 80 to lose. It is just a slow but rewarding process.
Cathy I bet you are happy to get back to using your WATP videos. I am very sorry to hear about all the sorrow your family has been through the past month. My grandparents were together for 61 years before my grandfather passed away from Alzhemier's. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time for you. Keep up the walking, it sure is a great way to relieve stess.
Sunny how are you today?
KJ welcome to 3fatchicks.com What part of the south would you like to move to?
Well I guess I better go and help my dh fix dinner. Talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry

September walking miles so far: 16
Old 09-04-2004, 09:20 PM   #23  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

DH is in the Army, so probably North Carolina or Georgia, but you never know!
Where ever it is, it will be warmer than Wisconsin!
I was wondering if any of you have done and 5k walks for charity. I am planning on signing up for one that is being held here in early October. It is for Alzhemier's disease. My great-Aunt died of it and I remember her so well, it is such a terriably painful thing to go through, and I am sorry to see that it has effected lives on here as well.
Today I took my dog for a long walk and I think he looked more tired at the end of it than I did! 3.5 miles, but it was hotter than I expected - in the 80s. It was a good think that I brought water for us both.

September mile total: 5.5
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 09:31 PM   #24  
KAR

KJ,
I have done the Alzhemier's walk in my hometown for a few years with my sister before I moved. It is a nice walk. Plus I have done the MS walk and the Relay for Life. So it makes you feel good that you are walking for a good cause. Good luck on your walk in Oct.
Sounds like you had a nice walk this afternoon. It was hot here in Ohio too today. I didn't think it was suppose to be as hot as it was. It was 85 today. So I stayed inside most of the day. I did walk to the post office to drop bills off in the mail. Then this evening I went for a bike ride after it had cooled off a little bit.
Hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend and staying OP.
Later,
Kerry
Old 09-05-2004, 04:14 PM   #25  

Hey there gang!

I walked 2 miles outside this morning before getting cleaned up for church.

September Miles = 4

later gaters,
cathy
Old 09-05-2004, 06:58 PM   #26  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Well, this is a lively and loving thread....I hope there is room for one more??
I have vowed to start walking to get myself in shape. As it is a bit easier on the defunct joints I already have. Once I am feeling a bit better, then I will add weight training, and who knows maybe a Curves or Bally's membership is on the horizon. Or maybe one of the new gyms around my house that is within walking distance, so that I can get my exercise in????
Anyway....I thought I would list my September Goals for you lovely ladies just to jump right in there....
Distance to be walked: 300,000 steps
(got to invest in a pedometer)
Weight Loss: 25 lbs.
Energy Level: Raise by at least 75%
(I tend to be a bit sluggish now)
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:17 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Default Can i play too?

Hello everyone!

i tried posting here yesterday but either msn or my computer was not in the mood to let it happen...so i am trying again!

i am a jersey girl-need to lose a good amount of weight-at most about 90 lbs-i love to walk, but i need to be motivated-and this board looked like the place to get that push when i need it!

i have dogs that i train in obedience-quite an active hobby-you'd think i'd be a toothpick after 25 years of it!...but i tend to oversnack...so i am working on eating better too!

i can't wait to get to know all of you!

deb
debzdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:26 AM   #28  
KAR

Welcome Deb and Synn!! We will help motivate you to reach your goals. I just joined this thread a few days ago and the ladies are wonderful!!
Cathy you are just getting back into the thick of things head first. That is great that you got a 2 mile walk yesterday before church. Keep it up!
Hope everyone else was able to find the time yesterday to take a stroll outside.
I did 3 mile walking video before getting ready for church yesterday morning. Then I walked to and from church, since it is just around the corner from my house. Yesterday afternoon, my family went to the local ball fields and we played a game of baseball. Then last night we all went for a walk. So I got my excerise in yesterday. I plan on doing a 2 mile walking video here in a little bit. So I best go get ready to do that . Talk to you all later.
Have a great Labor Day!
Kerry
September miles walked so far:21
Old 09-06-2004, 12:30 PM   #29  

WOW everybody is doing great!

I did another 2 miles this morning.

September Miles = 6

hugs,
cathy
Old 09-06-2004, 09:49 PM   #30  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up Leslie's on her way to my house!

Helo, ladies! I'm in too! I am awaiting my WATP tapes (WATP 1-3 Miles, 4 Mile Challenge, and Power Walk/Power Firm) sometime this week. In the meantime, I'm doing some HIIT (high intensity interval training) biking and weights. I'm going to need to start out slowly and build my walking endurance, but my goal is to achieve the following during the month of September:

Walked Miles: 35
Biked Miles: 42
Weights Workouts: 7

I'm not worried about the biked miles or the number of weight training sessions -- I just hope that I haven't been too aggressive with the walking miles, since I'm just starting out and don't know exactly when the tapes will arrive this week. But I have it all mapped out on a calendar, and I think this goal is achievable for my first (incomplete) month. I'm very happy to have found this nice group! I plan to check in periodically with my progress. I'm so excited about this!!! And I look forward to sharing the miles with you nice folks also.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote