Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #61  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Sarah ~ Glad you enjoyed the pics

Boy, it sounds like you have a house full of critters too. Just gotta love their unconditional love, dontcha As I said before, I would loe to have more but our place isn't that big and hubby says we have enough. He's right, but I so want to take home kitties when I see them. I did when I was a little girl too I hope that one day you will be able to get a group photo -- would love to see

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #62  

Sarah ! with the loss of 61 lbs!!!!!
Awesome! What plan are you doing?

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-09-2004, 02:46 PM   #63  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

I'm not following any commercial plan. I just took what I thought were the best practices and recommendations from a number of different plans and combined them to formulate my own. I count calories, limit my fat (esp. saturated fat,) sugar, and sodium, and I stick almost exclusively to low glycemic carb's. I aim for -- but, alas, don't always achieve -- a 40% protein / 35% carb / 25% fat macro breakdown. I eat 5 small meals a day, and almost never eat carbs without an accompanying protein. I really aim for at least 40 grams of fiber/day, and eat very little processed food. I cut out all alcohol and just about all sweets, and drink 120-160 oz. water per day. I have been doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) on my exercise bike, and a while ago I was doing well with weight training, using free weights and my CrossBow, but let that fall off, unfortunately. I'm picking up the weight training again this week. I have a treadmill, but haven't used it regularly. I've got a whole exercise regime worked out now, and am doing well so far in implementing it....but will probably need support to stay on track -- hence my presence here! Thanks in advance, by the way!

What about you?
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:22 PM   #64  
I climb mountains!

Another mile, so that's 2 for today and 5 since Tuesday.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:18 PM   #65  

I know some of the month is gone but I wouldn't mind joining too. I would like my goal to be walking 40 miles/ running 15 miles/ doing taebo 3x a week for about 30 minutes. Hopefully that would allow me to lose the weight that I want to. So far I have walked 8 miles and did my taebo today. That is good so far but I just need to keep with it since that is the only way that it will work.

HW-180 SW-155 CW-155 GW-130

My short term goal is 140 and I want to meet it by Halloween
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:21 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Default Foiled Again

Another wierd weather day...lots of rain, then no rain, then lots of rain, then no rain. But the rain is not what kept me inside doing nothing after dinner...found out my brother got fired today...so he was upset...so i was kinda bummed tonight. So think good thoughts that he finds another job quickly...he has a house and family to support.

Sunny and Sarah: i have no doubt you guys have great respect for the employees at your vet. i am convinced these jerky folk only live in the proximity of where i work- In all honesty we do have some great clients who know we have nothing to do with prices, etc. And yes we are kind of high in some services. But i just get so pissed when they scream at us at the desk...we tell them talk to the vets...and they are gushing and gooey all over them, after being so nasty to us. When this was brought up at a staff meeting the boss pretty much said that it's our job...and too bad. i have discussed this with my regular physician when they caught the high BP---he sees where it may be coming from (ok---and the weight is not helping

But hey---i've been at this job for 16 years...so i must be doing something right!!!!!

Tomorrow night i have a wake to go to...how do you guys DO it???? i have been either too busy or too lazy this week to do a thing!

And Sunny----the furballz and fisheez are ADORABLE!

deb
debzdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 05:07 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 256.5/256/???

Height: 5 ft 4

Hi everyone, I'm sticking to my challenge to myself so far my son's been at school for 3 days, and I've walked for over 30 mins the past 2 days. This morning after I dropped him off I walked for 20 mins and did exactly a mile (I finally figured out how to work the pedometer lol). Happy walking all
clarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:44 AM   #68  
I climb mountains!

Great job, Clarrie!! I'm really happy to hear it! I woke up late this morning, so I didn't get in my early morning walk, but I'll make up for it after work this evening.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:06 AM   #69  

Smile

Good Friday Morning Gals!
I didn't get in any walking yesterday, but have gotten in 1.25 miles this morning and hope to get another walk or two in before days end

*~*~*

Sarah ~ That plan of yours sounds great! In fact you are very similar to what I am doing... it takes allot longer for me to lose the weight, but it's not going on either. I either maintain the wt. for a few weeks and then may see a pound or two fall off. But I don't gain... I was doing the SBD but I cannot have allot of foods I thought I could for that plan, so I am now just doing a very Low Fat program without the foods I cannot have... you can see that list on PAGE 1 of this thread in one of my posts (rather then repeat it all ) All the portions of foods I eat are very small 5 - 6 times a day, so I don't stress the intestines (I have Diverticulitis & IBS with a Spastic Colon). Long story... but I have very scared insides and must be very careful if I don't want to end up in the hospital... again.

You will pick back up on that workout schedule... sometimes thinking about doing it too much prevents you from doing it (it is like that for me anyway ) So what I do is just *do it* whenever I have a chance to. I would love to have one of those Bow-flex machines, but I haven't the space here. I already have an elliptical & a T-Mill and barely have the space for them in here. I use my T-Mill allot and will be using it even more as the temps get cooler here. I wish you well in getting back into a routine of exercise. It sounds like you are doing very well with your food program

*Welcome* Gab! ~ From you graph at the bottom you have also done very well for yourself! Awesome job! I am struggling to see the 180's... it is taking me forever (seems like it anyway); then again I have had a number of health problems get in my way. I just keep fighting the battle hoping to win the war I just bought a new Tae-Bo DVD... haven't looked at it yet. I like variety in my exercise and look forward to my Walking DVD's & my Tae-Bo DVD this winter to fight those winter lbs. and blues.

I bet you meet that 140 goal this Halloween. *Luck to you!*

Deb ~ How are you doing today? I think my guys are very handsome too I am sure that you are very good at your job, but with some people there's just no pleasing them Keep up the great job and just enjoy those people that are kind to you ~ leaving the ones who are rude to you with themselves Their problems are not yours - you have enough on your plate - right

And exercise relieves allot of those frustrations too --- Just *do it* any chance you can get --- that's what I do anyway. Yesterday it was impossible for me but I was on that T-Mill this morning! If I don't exercise with my gut the way it is I so pay the price... I feel so much better after I do something vs/ nothing. I just hate that blah feeling when I don't. I guess I like feeling good too much

Deb, I hope you find the incentive to walk today even if it's just 1/2 mile to a mile... anything would be good for you. I believe it's Suzanne (one of the sisters that own this site) that states at the bottom of her post "30 min of exercise to maintain and 60 min to lose." All you can do is try *Luck to you too*

Clarrie ~
Keep it up You are doing great!!!

*~*~*

Hello's to all those MIA's I miss seeing you! KRISTI * LYNNE * SHEILA * MICHELLE RAE * MEL * CATHY * BRENDA * WENDY * JANINE * KERRY & anyone else I may have accidently forgotten Come back soon... pleazzzzzzzzzzzz (Yes, I am beggin ya...)

Luvs,
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-10-2004 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:59 AM   #70  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Good mornin' girls! I hope you are all off to a wonderful start this a.m.! I'll be getting my strength-training in this morning... although I keep saying that with no effort to actually do it! My trip to Vancouver has left me struggling to get back OP!

Finally found a few mins. to write out all the TY cards from the wedding... geez, I'm only a couple months late with that. Blargh. Delivered the ones in town lastnight and will mail out the rest this weekend. Thank goodness they're finally done! Was beginning to feel so terribly guilty over having not done them.

Everything else is ok... no major flare-ups with the IBS, so that's good. Takin' 'er easy, I guess. Tonight we don't have anything planned so we're definitely heading out for our 4mi. Food will hopefully be better than it has been... planning on salad topped with roasted chicken for dinner! Mmm!

Anyways I must get my exercise in or I'll never do it...! But take care of yourselves! Type you all soon! Have a great day!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:49 PM   #71  

Red face

*~*~*

Awwewee Mel ~ Did you just get all bummed out when you had to come home from Vancouver you had such a good time there, I know. You are doing so well, don't get down on yourself for taking a couple days rest... you will get back into exercise again, you'll see --- you felt so good when you were doing it faithfully.

As far as your TY's... did you know that you have up to 3 months after your Wedding to send them off? So no worries there, you made it in As long as you get them sent off this weekend you are so on track Don't put so much on yourself, okay

So good to hear that you are feeling better today and no flare-ups, did you try the peppermint tea? Do you like it? Some don't like peppermint, but it is known to be very soothing for the intestines. I usually have two to three cups a day now.

Hope you got your exercise in...
Come back and let us know, okay
{{{Hugs}}}

*~*~*

I got in my 2.5 miles today
Have a good weekend gals if I don't make it back till Monday. The hubby is due home early today, so I don't know when I will be back to post again before then... later gals treat yourselves well!
<><

*~*~*

SePtEmBeR MiLeS: 12.5

SePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 1 Time

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-10-2004, 09:10 PM   #72  
I climb mountains!

1 mile. I meant to do more, but TOM is kicking my caboose HARD! Dizziness, nausea, cramps, the whole nine yards! I'm counting on being back in normal working order tomorrow.....and I'll work extra hard to make up for not having done more. (I'd intended to do at least 2 miles tonight...)
Old 09-10-2004, 09:14 PM   #73  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Well Ladies~
Got in a lot of walking today (but still now pedometer) so I may have to push myself extra hard after I get it, because I will be darned to not meet a goal I set for myself...I have not failed yet, not going to start now!

But I am so happy to hear everyone is meeting their goals, and am definitely glad I joined you ladies....

Will post again soon.
Hope all is well!
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 03:25 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies I just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still alive!! I'm wicked busy with work again because they are restructuring the staff and suprise suprise flu season is here so we have one call in sick so I'm covering a couple hours of her shift in the morning. I am getting my exercise in and eating well. I hope you are all doing well!!

Love to all
michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:05 AM   #75  

A Day to Remember...

Let us *PRAY*... reflect & in prayer remember
all those lost and families who still suffer that loss today.

*God Bless the U.S.A.*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*