Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-11-2004, 12:02 PM   #76  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Amy
I just wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you today
as you walk for Alzheimers

Come back soon and let us all know how you did, okay
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 12:08 PM   #77  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Sunny, thank you for sharing that acknowledgement. I'm thinking a lot about 9/11 and NYC today. That's my hometown, so the events of that day hurt on that level as well.

I did the 2-mile WATP for the first time this morning! Woo hoo! I plan to get in more later this afternoon. Have a great day, everybody!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 01:12 PM   #78  
I climb mountains!

Woo! Just did 5 miles on my exercise bike -- did the 20 minute interval resistance workout, simulating big scary hills at maximum resistance. I feel great! So far that's 2 miles walked and 5 miles biked today -- if I have time later I'm going to do my upper body weights workout.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:41 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 256.5/256/???

Height: 5 ft 4

I've done quite a bit of walking since yesterday morning, but none at the recommended 'brisk pace'. My 4 yr old has insisted on accompanying me, so we amble along with frequent stops for slugs, beetles, spiders, interesting leaves, etc We walked 2.5 miles last night (I had to call at a friend's house, normally I'd've cycled but the bike's still off the road) and 1.5 miles today (to the park and to the swimming pool), and have had some interesting conversations along the way (incl the 'how does the baby get into the mummy's tummy?' one ).
clarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 02:57 PM   #80  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Thanks, Sunny for the well wishes... you're so good at lifting my spirits! I did manage to get strength-training in yesterday a.m. but so far, nothing today. I'm just seriously lacking the drive again. Blargh. I have decided to start aqua-cardio twice a week for an hour... first class begins next Thursday so hopefully that'll help me get myself back OP! You're right, girl, I was feeling so good when I was being diligent... I just have to find my way back. Thanks for the endless amt. of encouragement, it really helps pull me through the really rough days!

I did try the peppermint tea... and while very strong, it seemed to help. You are such a wealth of information, thank you for that!

I hope you are keeping well... and that you and Joe are off to a great Autumn season! Wishing you all the very best, girl!

Anyway, I have to sign off for now... but a BIG HELLO to all the rest of you! Have a great weekend, ladies! See you on Monday!

~mel

PS/ Anybody seen Kristi... or Cathy... or Sheila... or Janine... or Brenda? Geez, where'd they all get to?!
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 04:40 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Mel, I'm here I'm here. I think I was here Thursday? oh wait? maybe it was Wednesday? my life is crazy. I'm sure ya'll can relate.

Ok gang, I have been cleaning house for 6 hours today. and for some crazy reason I was sweating the whole time. Yes it is hot and humid here in Louisiana, but I had the ac way down. Sooooooooooo I know I walked at least 4 miles, my feet and my back are killing me, but I'm gonna count it as 2 in my logged miles.

And guess what, I'm gonna have to spend the day at the funeral home again tomorrow, after sunday school. (I am really getting tired of that place)

My dh's 80 year old uncle passed away. He was in the same nursing home that my grandmother was in. Sooooooo doubt I will get to walk in the morning, but we will see.

Hope everybody has a good day!

hugs,
cathy

September Miles = 10

Last edited by cathyxxx; 09-11-2004 at 04:43 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 05:46 PM   #82  

Well I think that I am doing pretty good for myself. I have done Taebo (30 minutes), circuit training (40 minutes) and walked 2 more miles. That brings me up to 10/40 miles walked and 1/15 miles ran. I think that I will make it by the end of the month if I keep this up.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:18 PM   #83  

well I did 5 more miles today so that brings my total up to 15 of the 40 needed this month. I am so excited that I am doing this well.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:09 PM   #84  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
I have been a very busy person this past few days. Between teaching my class at school and having a yard sale today, I am thankful for my walking videos. I have 32 miles so far this month. Plus I was able to get my 3 times in at Curves this week. I am starting to notice a change in the way my clothes are fitting. Which is a good thing!
I just found out today that my cousin's wife passed away last night from complications due to the gastric bypass surgery. So my family is a little upset right now. We were all going to get together next wedding for my other cousin's wedding. So far the wedding is still on, but it will also be a sad, but happy time for everyone. If that makes sense. So I know what you are going through Cathy.
I am so happy to see that everyone is doing such a great job at meeting their own challenges on this forum. Keep up the great work ladies! You are a wonderful motivatior for me to keep getting up early and walking every day. Because I know that I have to report in with you and I would feel sad if I let you down.
Well I am off to bed. I was up at 7 to do a 3 mile walking video this morning and then got ready for my yard sale. I only made $26 for sitting outside for 5 1/4 hours. I would have rather been walking with you Amy for such a good cause.
Talk to you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 09:25 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Default The Weekend!!!

Yay! Got to walk some yesterday...FINALLY!

Today's plan is walk/train my German Shepherd "Dana" and then there's a big private sale at Fashion Bug that i just have to go to...after all tomorrow is my birthday so i gotta buy myself a few "presents" lol !!!

i see some of you use a pedometer---i have the Special K cereals where i can get one for a few boxtops---so maybe i will do that.

i will also try and write down my goal/plan. Maybe if i see it in front of me i will move more!!!!

Have a great day ladies!

deb
debzdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 03:57 PM   #86  

Well, I surprised myself and didn't take the day off. I actually went walking with my daughter. I did 3 miles. Not as much as I could have done but it does put me closer to my goal for the month. I have 18 miles walked and 22 more to go. I am doing alot better then I thought that I would be at this point. Hooray for me!
Old 09-12-2004, 05:13 PM   #87  
I climb mountains!

Hey everybody -- I'll give a hooray for you, too, Gabwill!

I did the Power Walk 2-mile DVD today, and also did another 5 miles doing intensity intervals on my exercise bike.....AND I did upper body weights!!

I must say, I like the WATP routine better than the Power Walk routine -- the music is much better. But it's good to have variety.

I'm doing 2 miles tomorrow morning before work; I'd planned to do 1 in the morning and 2 when I got home, but the 2-mile walk only takes another 10 minutes, so what the heck?
Old 09-12-2004, 07:46 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

I want to comment on how well you are all doing!!! Keep up the good work!!

Hey sarah are you still using your crossbow? we just got our platinum and girl it is the bomb diggity LOL

Sunny I hope you are feeling better!!

Ok I need to get ready for work. but I wanted to come say hello!
Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:40 AM   #89  
I climb mountains!

Hi Michelle -- sometimes I do! I use it in conjunction with free weights. I love it, but it's located in an area of my home in which it's difficult for me to breathe, unfortunately! (Long story.) Anyway, I do love it, and I'm happy that you do too! How often do you use it?

As for walking updates, I ran short on time this morning, so I only did a mile. I'll do more tonight -- probably HIIT biking though, not walking, as I need to burn more calories. Gotta hop off this plateau, you know??

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:00 AM   #90  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Talking Hi ya'll!

Hi everybody! I'm back, I survived the weekend. Thanks for your thoughts Sunny. The alzheimers walk Saturday was nice. It was tough but I really enjoyed it. The path was 3.8 miles total. It felt like it would go on forever! It was in Fort Worth, Tx along the river so it was very scenic. It was warmer than I thought it would be so by the time it was over I was dripping with sweat and my legs and back ached. But surprise, surprise to me I was not sore at all yesterday! I must be making progress! I won't be doing anything today so I can spend time with my father. Plus its a level red ozone today so I'd probably pass out from lack of oxygen. Sunny-glad you like my avatar I think its called the bubble gum club. I really do have that many shoes And I love your sweet boys! I have 3 beautiful boys myself. And a chocolate pomeranian. I'm going to take some photos of the boys tonight so I can share them later. Have you been on catster.com or dogster.com? Its a lot of fun. I have my dog Foxy on there. Shes a sweetheart. I just wanted to say that I had one of the best weekends ever. The walk was wonderful, then I just relaxed at home and watched movies, then I went to a friends wedding shower and it was the best I've ever been to, and then I watched the Cowboys game with my bf and friends and played cards. It was so lovely. He was so sweet and loving this weekend. Sigh ... Hope you're all doing well. Later - Amy
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote