Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-08-2004, 03:28 PM   #46  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Synn ~ Congrats on losing 7 1/2 lbs already! Awesome!
Keep on striving

Time to get back to making dinner --- the hubby will be home soon

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:45 PM   #47  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Sunny... Thanks a million! I'll be sure to try the peppermint tea... and I'll let you know how it goes. Looking on the above list, I hadn't thought about yogurt... which I eat fairly often (two or three times a week lately). I'll cut it out and see if that helps. I don't drink coffee (bleh!)... don't drink alcohol very often (my birthday was the first time in months). I do know that my water intake is pretty low though so that could definitely trigger the recent flare-ups as well. Thanks for the info... and I'll definitely check out the link you posted!

Synn... Congrats on the loss! Keep up the excellent work! I do wonder though if another 17.5lbs is a little too much to expect to lose in one month. A healthy loss is 1-2lbs per week and that's the most important part... to lose the weight in a healthy manner. In no means am I trying to discourage you, your success thus far has been amazing, just remember that slow and steady wins the race! Take care of yourself and keep on truckin'!

Anyways girls, it's nearly time for DD's nap, so I'm off to do my strength-training! Take care and type you all later!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 05:32 PM   #48  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hello, ladies! I'll post an update after tonight's walk, but I did want to just chime in with a smile and a quick comment about rate of loss.

It is generally accepted (within the medical community as well) that folks at a higher weight have quite a bit more leeway with regard to "safe loss" than 1-2 pounds/week. Definitely slow and steady will be the way to go eventually, but at the higher weights, the weight just naturally comes off in larger sheets and that's not only ok, but advised, as not only does it represent the lesser of health risks, but it is also more naturally occurring than at lower rates. That said, it's of course very important that the means of achieving that loss is sustainable and based in healthy behaviors which will continue through the loss and for the rest of one's life. How you lose it should be how you're going to keep it off.....how you're going to live for the rest of your life.

Last edited by lessofsarahtolove; 09-08-2004 at 05:35 PM.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:50 PM   #49  

Wink Logging in for the day

I got in 2.25 miles for the day today and 30 min. of stretching

Boy--boy are we ever getting dumped on by the *left-overs* of the hurricane

Good Night Gals
Sweet Dreams
<><

*~*~*

SePtEmBeR MiLeS: 10

SePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 1 Time

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-08-2004, 07:34 PM   #50  

Is it too late to join?

I've lost 30 lbs this year just by changing my diet, and I'd like to start incorporating walking into my lifestyle. My goal is 2 miles per workout, at least 4 days a week. I started this morning (2 mi)

Total Miles for September: 2
rosewaning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:17 PM   #51  
I climb mountains!

Hey everybody -- and welcome to both 3FC and this group, Rosewaning! I'm a newbie to this thread too, so we'll get to know these walking vets together!

Ok, here's my update: walked another quick mile tonight, so that's a total of 2 for the day (I'm not including regular walking, only power walking with Leslie) and 3 since I started yesterday.

More tomorrow!
Old 09-08-2004, 10:05 PM   #52  
KAR

Hello Ladies,
Have been very busy with teaching my special needs students at school, started the afterschool program yesterday and had a TOPS meeting last night. So I am just now checking in with everyone. I lost 1/2 pound last week. I am very excited that I am on the losing end of the battle again.
I did get a 2 mile WATP's tape in yesterday morning and this morning. Plus this evening, I was able to brave the rain and go to Curves to workout.
Sounds like everyone is doing a great job meeting their walking goals so far this week. Keep up the good work gals!
Well I am off to bed to get some shut eye. 6 a.m. comes early. But since I started school 2 1/2 weeks ago, I have been getting up and doing my walking videos to give me more energy.
Have a great Thursday!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:18 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Default Slippin' Already

Hi Ladies!

Boy...i have already been too sidetracked to get a walk in. Yesterday i came home from work with enough time to eat dinner then it was off to a dog training club board meeting. Didn't get home til 10 so i bagged the walk plan that night!

Today...pure LAZINESS...home from work, played with the littlest niece, made dinner, fed the birds (i have 20), watched tv (that could be the culprit!), let the dogs out...and here i am before i get showered and to bed.

i am not much of a morning person, but i am thinking if i "ease" into getting up a smidge earlier everyday...maybe i could eventually have enough time to walk a little then.

i see many of you do a walking video w/Leslie Sansone...i never tried that and it sure sounds interesting!

Thanks for the nice welcomes , by the way! i am in awe at the energy and dedication you all seem to have. i hope it rubs off on me!

Sunny: i like my job most of the time...but let me tell you pet owners can be the rudest nastiest people on earth. As a receptionist i am constantly getting grief from them because of the bill, the wait, not having a time they want, it just goes on and on. Then they see the doctor and they are sweet as pie...no wonder i have high blood pressure, huh?

Well..off to bed. Tomorrow's weather may be better (we got deluged with rain from the end of that hurricane) so i shall get myself out to walk!

Talk to you all very soon!!!!!!!!!!

deb
debzdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:12 AM   #54  
I climb mountains!

Thumbs up Good morning!

Got my mile in this morning! I intend to do two tonight. This morning was a struggle, because I felt dizzy and nauseous from TOM -- but I stuck it out and I'm feeling mighty pleased with myself now!

Deb, I'm sorry to hear that people are rude to you...and I'm also a little surprised! I don't doubt what you say for a minute, I'm just thinking of my partner and I; we have 8 pets (almost all rescues) and when we go to the vet's office, we just completely bond with everyone around us -- most of all the folks who work there. We just assume that they love animals as much as we do, so we connect on that level. As for the prices, well they suck and make us sad -- but that's obviously not under the control of the receptionist or technician!! And noone forced us to collect 8 furkids, so we certainly have noone else to blame. I'd say the most we do is sigh sadly, and maybe say, "Wow" or "Yikes." But we're never rude or nasty. And we're so grateful and happy when the folks there are kind or complimentary to our animals -- they're our kids, you know?? Anyway , I just think of people who love their animals as somehow nicer on some level.....but then I don't have to deal with them all day.....

Hey, speaking of my partner, I think I might have convinced her to do a mile with me tonight!! Woo hoo! It will be her first, and it's kind of a big deal, so keep your fingers crossed....
Old 09-09-2004, 09:47 AM   #55  

Talking Hey

Good Morning,

I've been soooooo busy I haven't had time to read any comments, but I will ASAP. I just wanted to check in and let you know that I have lost 2 more pounds so that brings my total to 18. Gotta go, talk with you all later. Have a blessed day!

SW 290 June 21, 2004
CW 272 September 9, 2004
GW 185 June 21, 2005

Abirdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:24 AM   #56  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Red face Mornin'

Mornin' ladies. Well I think I got in about 1 mile last night. I didn't have anything to track it with but I'm pretty sure it was 1 mile. My back is still tight but so far no problems. Whew! I don't want to push it. I probably won't have time to get in another walk before the charity walk on Saturday a.m. Hope you're all doing well today. I'll cross my fingers for you Sarah that your partner will walk with you tonight. Nothing like having someone supporting you in your efforts. And its a lot more fun to have someone to walk with. My friend from work walked with me last night with her sweet doggie. It was so much more fun than trodding along by myself. Have a good day everyone
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:56 AM   #57  

Smile

Good Morning Gals!

Mel ~ You are so welcome!! How are you feeling today? I sure do hope that the peppermint Tea helped your tummy *Thinking of you*

*Welcome* Rose! ~ It's never too late to join - ever on losing 30 lbs already!! That's awesome!! Don't be surprised if you add on a pound or two as you begin exercise, okay --- it will come off again (don't worry), but in the beginning you get some muscle swelling and some water retention from the swelling. It will help if you drink plenty of water and get the rest you need. I think it's wonderful that you are going to begin walking!! Yeahhhh for getting in 2 miles already

Sarah ~ Good job on your miles yesterday!!!! Keep up the great work... that would be cool if your partner also jumped on the walking jag, it's always better when you have someone to exercise with.

Kerry ~ Yeahhhhhhh another 1/2 lb gone forever! You are doing so well Kerry. What are you following for a diet (if you don't mind the question)? You went out into that storm we had last night and went to Curves --- good for y u!!! You did better then me I stayed home all warm, dry and cozy last night folding laundry watching the storm. Good for you getting out I will be going to Curves tomorrow morning instead of this morning like I usually do... have too much paperwork to get done after I finish here

Hope that all is going well for you in your first week of teaching

Abirdee!!!!!!!! ~ Hey there girl! So good to see you!!!! How are you feeling these days? I bet awesome with another 2 lbs gone & 18 all together girly!!!!! You are doing it!!!!

Amy ~ I forgot to mention it last time, but I just love your avatar How cute & it seems to really suit you! Good for you getting in your 1 mile and I am sending best wishes to you for your walk this coming Saturday! I am proud of you

to be continued...

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-09-2004 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:01 AM   #58  

Talking Pics

Hi Deb ~ That is so sad that you are treated that way by the customers there... I don't think it's that way at our vet office --- I hope it's not I always treat everyone well behind the desk and if I have questions about the cost I always ask my vet in person. He has always been so good about that, if he can... he helps, if not, then I just pay... no biggie. I even have one credit card that is just for my vet bill's I clear it and then save it just for that - not using it for anything else. It really helps me keep track and to be able to pay w/o a haste. I have 3 Boys (shhh... they don't know they are cats ) myself and 4 fish. I'd have more animals if I could

Here are some pics of my boys & fish below

My *Domino* taken last Spring - he is now 8 years old (8 lbs)

My two siblings 2yrs old---> *Zeppe*(left) (the grayer one - 14 lbs) & *Guido*(right) (with a darker pattern to his coat - 15 lbs)

My fish on top my office desk---> one platty *Mickey* one fantail gold fish *Smudge* & two female beta's *Zoe* & *Sadie* I know you can't really see them, but you get the jest...

Hope you don't mind me sharing the pics everyone!!!
*Have a great OP day!!!!*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-09-2004 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:31 PM   #59  
I climb mountains!

Your boys are BEAUTIFUL, Sunny!! Verrrrrry handsome, indeed. We have 7 kitties and 1 Italian Greyhound (who thinks he's a cat) and we keep trying to figure out a way to get them all in one picture! With 7 cats, we thank God we have 2 of those high-tech litter boxes that flush the waste down the toilet and reclean themselves! Now if we could just get Louie (the iggy pup) to use it we'd be set!

Thanks for the kind wishes for Lorraine -- I started to live on plan March 1st of this year, and since then I've lost 61 pounds. She's lost maybe 15-20 as a result of my having overhauled our eating habits within the house, but she hasn't yet joined me on the exercise front. Baby steps, you know?
Old 09-09-2004, 01:53 PM   #60  

Smile Tip

*Step Tip ~ Mom's Taxi or the Carpool
If you take your kids to sports or activities, dedicate 10-20 minutes of that time to walking around after dropping them off or when you arrive early to pick them up. If you carpool, arrive early and walk while waiting for your partners.

Being Prepared to Walk
I keep some essentials in my car or office in case I get the opportunity to walk. These include a pair of shoes, socks, hat, windbreaker, and a fanny pack or small backpack with a water bottle. With those I'm ready to walk most anytime.

*Borrowed from Sprout on the Christian Encouragers Thread
Good tip...
<><

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-09-2004 at 02:05 PM.