Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-13-2004, 12:50 PM   #91  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Good Monday Afternoon!

Good Afternoon Everyone
So many happenings this weekend ~ where to begin...
Saturday ~ Joe & I went out to do some major grocery shopping, not only at the reg. grocery store, but also at the Costco Wholesale Club. Joe bought me a new Lane Leather Chair for my office It is a red brown and ohhhh so comfy (I'll get a pic. of my chair later to show you all)!! And a few other fun things, some chocolate brown toss pillows for our sofa and these really cool pastel color mixing bowls: butter yellow, mint green, baby blue and rose pink! The exact colors I want to use in my redecorated kitchen (someday ). Then that evening we went out to dinner with our friends to celebrate their 27th anniversary with them and then we all went to a park afterwards... the weather has just been the best!!!! We all spent a good hour walking & playing on the swing-sets (with Joe pushing me) and we went on some of the bars --- gosh --- I haven't done that in years!!! What fun that was to do --- my girlfriend and I just laughed and laughed at one another and our antics in trying to fit on the slides and such. Good exercise Don't worry --- these were big kid sets, so we wouldn't break anything (just in case you thought that )

Sunday ~ After we went to church we left for Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio (the largest coaster park in the world) --- you know where that is Kerry --- we got there about 1:00pm and stayed there till closing at 8:00pm what a blast!!! There wasn't a wait at all for any of the rides... we would get off and then just go around and get right back on again. When we got home after that long day as we pulled into the driveway... guess what happened???!!! Our brake lines to the back of our jeep totally broke! We heard it snap!!! We only had the front brakes to stop with (barely). I am soooo glad that it waited till we got home and we made it home safely. It was an hour and a half's drive home. So...

Today, Monday ~ Thus far... ... Joe has taken the day off so we could go to the garage and dropped off our jeep to be repaired (so I will not be going to Curves till I get my jeep back on Thursday, but I will be walking my 2.5 miles each day). Joe is now working on my dryer that gave way just this morning What's going on here anyway Of all days for it to go... I am trying to catch up with my laundry. Hopefully Joe will get it fixed so I am able to finish, if not there's always tomorrow. And I have already walked my 2.5 miles

Our weather has been picture perfect here in Ohio... just perfect! It is awesome to open windows, feel breezes and to hear the birds as well as feel the sun. It is suppose to be like this through Thursday. Awesome!!!

Well now that I have taken so much of your time I will try to catch up with all of you in my next post...
<><

*~*~*

SePtEmBeR MiLeS: 21

SePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 1 Time

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-13-2004 at 06:16 PM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:04 PM   #92  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Wow Sunny, glad you're ok. That brake situation could be scary! Glad you had a good weekend. Isn't it fun to play on the swings I used to do that at lunch ever so often when it was a particularly nice day or when I needed a pick me up. Well I'm going to try to post a picture. Lets see how it goes. This is Foxy, my pom baby.

Last edited by shoequeen69; 09-13-2004 at 02:52 PM.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 03:01 PM   #93  

Smile

I am back to finish...

Sarah ~ Double WooHoo for you in getting all that exercise in I am so happy for you... keep it up

You too Clarrie! You are doing wonderful!!!! Walks with a child can bring so much into your life They see so much we miss... that's okay to stop and look at the buggies with your daughter You are out and about and enjoying life, that's what matters. The exercise is a bonus! Now about those questions... ... ...

Hi Mel ~ You are so welcome! (((Hugs))) I hope that today brings a new week and that you feel lots better. Good for you getting in some strength training in even if you didn't feel well... you did it! All you can do is give it your best each and every day. Yes, I am doing fantastic! I am so glad I found that web-site! I am still not quite up to par, but am so well on my way and feeling stronger each day. I have the best times with my hubby now on the weekends

How was your weekend???

Hey there Cathy ~ Always good to see you 6 hours of cleaning... you must have the cleanest home I know I need to do some cleaning like that, it sure is a good workout - without a doubt! Soon my hubby and I are going to do windows for the Fall (we clean those Spring & Fall and we have allot of them!!)... hopefully tomorrow if he stays home from work another day. I hope he does especially since the weather is so nice!! Then he does the outside and I do the inside and the job is done in half the time.

Aweeeee, I am so very sorry to hear of your DH's uncle passing {{{Hugs}}} I do hope you all are okay? My deepest sympathies

Gab ~ You know what? Years ago when I was very very young I lived in Oceanside, Ca... one of my brothers was born there. I am the oldest of 4 of a military family - the Marines - my father retired a Lt. Col. in the Marines. Anyway, we lived all over the U.S. and Oceanside was one --- I have some nice memories of living there.

30 minutes of Tae-Bo is more then pretty good... it's great! It's a tough workout! Good for you!!! You are gonna make your gaoooooools

Kerry ~ How did you do with that yard sale over the weekend? Better then your first day??? It is a bit discouraging to work all those hours & to make such little $$ --- I hope you did better.

WoW!! 32 miles in for the month - awesome!!!!

I send my deepest sympathies to you as well in the loss of your cousin's wife, Kerry. I have heard many sad stories these days of people passing on from gastric bypass surgery... they aren't doing their homework and making sure their Dr's have done more then 100 surgeries before they work on them and some hospitals are hiring surgeons just for that surgery, but they are too new and not experienced enough --- so very sad {{{Hugs}}} I hope that all goes well with the Wedding...

Deb ~ Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!

Did you get all the clothes you wanted for your birthday shopping spree?????!!!! 3 miles walked is really good!!!!!! I am with Sarah.... Woo Hoo for Deb

Michelle Rae ~ is that reeeeeally you It's so good to see you PoP in I so miss seeing you on this thread. Hope that all is going well with you and your very busy life.
{{{Hugs}}}

Amy ~ Sounds like you worked through your struggle at that walk for you!!!!! You probably surprised yourself when you finished and had to feel so accomplished. Those people suffering Alzheimer's may not be able to thank you, but I can for them

I see you got my private message on how to post pictures Love your picture!!! And just the perfect size for posting too My sister has three Pomeranian's - all golden - and they are so adorable! Such loveable dogs!!!

for the compliment on my kids... they don't know they are cats. They honestly think they should have all the fun we do You have cats too? Cool I cannot wait to see the pictures. Your weekend sounded so nice... you needed that after your walk I am sure.

*~*~*

Sure do hope that the rest of you all had a great weekend and are having an even better start to your new week
Later gals!!!
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-13-2004, 07:15 PM   #94  

Well, today I did a bit. I went run this morning. I did 1.5 miles which may not seem like much but considering I couldn't even do 1/4th a mile a few weeks ago I would say that is a BIG improvement. My ultimate goal, as far as running is concerned, is to be able to go 5 miles nonstop. I am going for 3 miles by the end of the month though. I also want to beat my husband's time in running just to get him to stop picking on me... he does to encourage me. I also did my power90 video and will go walking for 3 miles around 630. That leaves me with a bit of time to play around with. It is too hot here. So all together now I have 2.5 of my 15 miles ran for the month and 18 of 40 walked. That is good. Plus the 3 miles I will walk tonight.

Sarah- Thanks for the encouragement! And good job on your 2 miles yesterday. And from what I hear, Oceanside changed alot. When my husband was here the first time he had pics and I go to those same places now and they aren't open views, they are all buildings and parking lots. That was only 8 years ago... maybe 9 I am not too sure but her we are on Camp Pendleton. Marines. And yes, Taebo is tough. When I first started it I didn't want to move the next day since I hurt so much but had to take care of my daughter so had to go pass it. Now it is alot better and I do it 3 times a week so that is helping me out alot.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:44 PM   #95  

Wink Gab

Hey there Gab ~ that was me SunnyD that lived in Oceanside not Sarah Yep, I lived on base in Camp Pendleton. I bet it has changed --- it has been allot of years since I last seen it.

Great job today!!!!!!

Good Nite All!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-14-2004, 04:17 AM   #96  

Smile

Good Tuesday Morning Gals!

Did any of you gals see Oprah's 19th opening season show yesterday???
Awesome show! She gave a new car to each audience member!
And took care of a homeless young girl putting her through school...
just an awesome show! I love happy shows like that

*~*~*

As you all can see by the time I just couldn't sleep, bet I'll be tired later - I have been up since 2:30am , tried to go back to sleep - but just decided to get up and catch up while all is quiet. Joe got my dryer all fixed (he's my handy-dandy man ) and I was able to get all the blankets dry and put back on the bed. And I have only one or two more loads to finish and I will be all caught up again for a day It's amazing how fast two people can go through clothes... it's partly because I workout twice a day.

I am not sure what my Joe is doing today yet --- he hasn't said whether is is going to take off again. I was hoping he would so we could clean these windows together - the job goes so much faster when he does the outside & I do the inside. One of these days I am going to get those windows that you can flip to the inside. We had them in our old place and I got spoiled! Now I have the old ones here and they take forever to do. But when they are clean I love the look --- as if the outside is coming in

This afternoon my girlfriends daughter, Sandy, is coming by to visit. She hasn't been over in a long while, so we have allot of catching up to do I look forward to her visit today.

You Gals have a Wonderful Day today!!!
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-14-2004, 09:41 AM   #97  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Another mile this morning for me. Have a good day everyone!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:06 PM   #98  
I climb mountains!

Did a brisk mile at lunch!
Old 09-14-2004, 08:32 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Popping in quickly.....

I walked 2 miles when I got home today in the hot humid Louisiana heat! *tongue hanging out*

September Miles = 12

hope all is well

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:01 PM   #100  

Smile

I walked 1.50 Miles today...

SePtEmBeR MiLeS: 22.50

SePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 1 Time

<><
*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-14-2004, 09:03 PM   #101  
I climb mountains!

1 mile tonight after dinner, so a total of 3 for today!
Old 09-15-2004, 01:42 AM   #102  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Hello Ladies!!! I have strayed but not forgotten. I finally got my pedometer, but am looking to also get the WATP videos...Any suggestions as to which set I should get.
I know unless I step up my walking I am not going to make my 300,000 goal, but, stepping it up is exactly what I am going to do!!!!

So ladies, I wish you all the best, and I will check in soon, I promise!
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:12 PM   #103  
I climb mountains!

Question Walkblaster

Hello, everybody -- has anyone heard about Leslie's new product, the Walkblaster? If you access that link, you'll see in the bottom left corner of the page the option of viewing a bit of her latest infomercial promoting this new product. Looks like a stepper, with 3 new workouts, exercise balls, vitamins, and low-carb recipes/diet stuff for around $60.00 (in 2 payments.) The stepper and the DVD's are interesting to me, but not the rest of it...and it doesn't seem to be available elsewhere as she's just released it in recent days.

Anyone heard anything yet? I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts!
Old 09-15-2004, 08:03 PM   #104  

well I haven't been able to walk the past two days since I haven't been feeling that well. I do feel better now but will be back on track tomorrow. Didn't want to do too much today considering that so I did the minimum. I only have 19 more miles to walk this month so that is fine that I took off 2 days I guess. Well that is all for now.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:11 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

walked 2 miles last night

September Miles = 14

cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote