Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-16-2004, 09:36 AM   #106  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Wink

Way to go Sarah, Sunny and Cathy for getting your miles in!

I got in 1 quick mile last night. I would have liked to have done more but I ran out of time doing errands and had to get home to take Foxy out. But I'm soooo glad I went ahead and stopped for a quick walk. It would have been SOOOOO easy for me to just skip it all together. So yeah me! Not sure what I'm doing tonight. Either walking or going to aerobics. I'll check in tomorrow. Have a good day.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:04 PM   #107  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thanks, Amy! Wow, you've got that shoe thing going on, girlfriend! (You make me want to run out and buy a pair or eight!)

I must have forgotten to update last night -- I walked one mile yesterday and biked (HIIT) 5 miles. The siggy below is updated. AND, I'm down another 2 pounds, for a total of 63 since March! Woo hoo!

Nothing yet today, I'm just a slug. I took a mental health day -- much needed day off from work alone (I vant to be alone -- I'm channeling Marlena today!) and I'm feeling vewy, vewy lazy! I'll keep you posted.....
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 05:45 PM   #108  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Talking

Hahaha Thanks Sarah, that was a good one. I don't think you can EVER have too many shoes. Nothing I enjoy more than just going to Payless and trying on EVERY pair in my size. Good job on your weight loss! Amazing! I have got to get on the ball and lose, lose, lose! Good for you for taking a day off. Doesn't it feel awesome to play hookie when u know other people are at work? hahaha I don't know if I'll get on the trail today. I have a lot to do to prepare for my busy weekend (friends wedding rehearsal tomorrow right after work, bachelorette party Saturday). I'm hoping the weather will get cooler this evening and I can walk late but so far the plan is to just go home. Take care all. C U tomorrow.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 10:27 PM   #109  

Only 14 miles left to walk this month. I walked 5 more today so that brings me up to 26 for this month. I am so glad. I still have a bit to run (only did 2.5 of 15 that I need so need to get on the ball for that). Have 12.5 left to run. That is bad but I will try to do it no matter what.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 03:27 PM   #110  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Just checking in

SePtEmBeR MiLeS: 26.0

SePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 1 Time
(no jeep to go to Curves - still waiting for it )
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 11:41 PM   #111  
I climb mountains!

Hello, ladies! I have NOT been so good about my walking, alas.....yesterday I gave myself a lazy day, and today just got away from me -- very, very hectic! I'm going to hit it hard this weekend though.

I ordered Leslie's brand new CD's and stepper.....I should get them in 4-6 weeks, so I'll give a report once I've tried them out!

Hope everyone's well, and go Sunny with the 26 miles!!
Old 09-18-2004, 09:32 AM   #112  
KAR

Hi everyone,
I have been busy with school this past week. But atleast I can say that I got my walking in every morning before getting ready for school. So I am up to 48 miles walked. I think I put down that I would walk 60 miles this month, so I am almost there. Guess I might have to bump up my miles for Oct.
Due to all the rain we got yesterday, I was not able to go home for my cousin's wedding this weekend. So I am a little bummed out.
Sunny, glad to hear that you had a nice weekend last week. Sorry to hear about your brakes. Did you get your jeep back yet? My yard sale was a bust last weekend. I only made $21 in 5 hours. So I am going to that another next month sometime.
Amy way to go on your walk last weekend! I bet you were very proud of yourself when you accomplished it. Keep it up!
Sarah congrats on the weight loss. Sounds like you have a plan that is working well for you. Keep it up!
Cathy, I know how hard it to try to get walks in. So just keep trying to squeeze them in. Hope all is well with you!
Gabwill sounds like you are doing well with your goals keep up the great work!
Well I am off to go walk or ride my excerise bike. Talk to you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 05:18 PM   #113  
I climb mountains!

Hey guys! Thanks, Kerry -- low glycemic carbs and lean proteins are my friends for sure!

2 miles with a 6 lb. pair of hand weights done!
Old 09-18-2004, 08:33 PM   #114  

walked 1 mile yesterday and one today. Brings me up to 28 miles this month.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:21 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

yesterday we moved, loaded and unloaded furniture for 8 hours with 3 trucks and 3 flat bed trailers and it was 100 degrees outside. I know I must have walked 4 miles if I walked a step, and I got plenty of strength training too, but for the record I will call it 2 miles.

September Miles = 16

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:00 PM   #116  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning Gals!

Great job Gab!

Amy & Sarah ~ for the cheers I sure appreciate it! You gals aren't doing so bad yourselves!!!

Thanks Kerry ~ W W!!! Wooo Hooo!!! 48 miles walked so far! Well Done girl!

We got the jeep back on Friday afternoon - $786.00 - but we got it back with all new brake system and feel so much safer now. Thank the Lord we have a good mechanic, he showed us everything he had replaced and they WERE nasty. It's all the road salt in the winters that eats away at everything... short of washing the underside of the jeep 2 - 4 times a week during the winter, there was nothing more my hubby could have done to prevent it.

So sorry to hear that you Garage Sale didn't d so well --- hope you have a better out-come on your next try

Hi Cathy ~ Whew... I bet you did get in that 4 miles of exercsie (and then some) with all you got done! You sure are one very busy lady! Where are you moving to? I have forgotten...

*~*~*

I got in 1 mile this morning & am going to do another later today...

SePtEmBeR MiLeS: 27

SePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 1 Time
(we got the jeep back... hoping to go tomorrow morning)

*Have a Great OP Day Gals!!!!*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:26 PM   #117  

Hey SunnyD - you haven't forgotten anything girlie. I'm not moving anywhere - ever! LOL Both my grandparents passed away in August, and the furniture had to be moved out of their house and was divided btwn their 4 children (one of which is my mom), and then when we got to each place, they needed furniture moved out and brought to the other ones houses to make room for the new, and it was the longest hardest hottest day of my life! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I cannot tell you how glad I am to be done with that!

So glad you got your jeep back and that you have wheels again!

hugs!
Old 09-20-2004, 04:15 PM   #118  
I climb mountains!

Hello, all -- just wanted to check in and say I'm not MIA; I've been having some bronchial problems ever since having a nasty upper respiratory infection in February, and I'm finding it harder than ever to breathe! I've identified a new doctor, and have an appointment for this Wednesday morning, but I'm just finding it harder and harder to get through anything at all without coughing so uncontrollably I think I'm going to pass out. It's gotten just ridiculous, so I'm going back for help for the third time now......I'm still going to try to walk tonight, but yesterday I had to quit in the middle of a mile because I was gasping. Crazy. I'm fine to work and all, but it's really taken a toll.

I'll report in as soon as I've got another mile under my belt -- biking or walking!

Great job everybody -- you're all doing great!
Old 09-20-2004, 08:32 PM   #119  

well I walked another 5 miles today. I also did my measurements and I am 2 lbs lighter and 3.5 inches smaller (not from my waist but everywhere else I went down.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:52 PM   #120  

just got back from walking 2 miles.

September Miles = 18