Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Haven't been here in a few days. DH put the new hard drive in my pc and has been busy reloading things and is still more to go.

I'm hobbling on my right hip. I remember now how my hip used to always hurt when I sat at DH desktop pc. There just isn't an easy way for me to sit there. So I'm sitting on the heating pad hoping to get rid of the pain really soon. Will be coming in here when I can on my pc.

Rie - I don't know why we want to get off the meds. For one thing there are so many bad side effects and I've seen so many people who just depend on the meds to control the numbers and they are the ones who have all the complications in the end. I guess just I want to be sure I'm on the right track and hope I don't go down the road they did. Although I have to admit that the way I've acted lately that you wouldn't think I even care. However, I have come to the place that I know how I have to eat so that it works for me. I can't seem to take the Metformin and I thank God that eating the IF way does seem to keep the fbs down if and when I eat right and don't eat like a crazy binger. So it seems that my body is forcing me to eat the way I have to eat to keep it down.

Well, I had planned to give up my online membership at WW, but decided to keep it. I think I need to have to type in the weight each week. Some of those doing IF also do WW. So I will continue to do the same since I seem to need it to keep my eating under control. So today I wiped the slate clean on WW and started over and I've got a clean day going. In the past I've been on diets during the springtime that didn't allow fruits, but this spring I'm not making that mistake again. I love how WW allows so much fruit and veggies and springtime seems to be a goodtime to get back to eating healthier.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #32  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Another fly-by. My Sunday dinner guests are coming tomorrow so I have a very busy day ahead. I have the pork roast marinating and the ingredients ready for my rum cake. I will not eat even one crumb!

Seem to have recovered from the Mailtol. I bought the stupid candies to decorate the cake for yesterday's luncheon but the stress of the car problem made me dive into them. I'm usually in better control than that. FBS is back to 4.3 this morning although weight is still stuck.

Need to focus more on fruits and vegetables as I've been carbing it a bit too much lately. Cheese and ww crackers are not a meal. This morning I will clean out the fridge and compost the below par veggies that I just don't get around to eating. On the other hand ... veggie soups?

Wishing us all a joyous Easter with lots of strength to avoid too much chocolate.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #33  

I'm doing a flyby this morning as well. Just to say hi

DH has 2 doctor's appt this morning. One is a follow up with hemotologiest and the other is just his regular PT test to check blood thickness. BTW He is doing so much better than he realizes. He is back to mowing the lawn without feeling like he is going to pass out. And we got a note from our regular doc that DH is no longer anemic. DH wants copy of report with numbers and will get that today.

Thanks to having waited till the last minute to do taxes (which was only done late because DH has been so sick), I have a 100% OP Day 1 behind me. I was too busy getting my part done to eat. Yay!!! So on to day 2.

Y'all have a great day and I'll BBL.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #34  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I had such a great night of sleep! It sure does a lot for my morning mood!

FBG 118 (improving!) and I am not feeling so wonky with the meds today. I might be seeing a normal, productive day ahead of me!

Dog needs to go to the vet.
I have one client's work I need to finish.
I gotta do laundry.
Gotta get my passport paperwork done today, plus the pictures.

That's enough, I think. Hope you all have a lovely day!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #35  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I didn't go to weigh in last night, as we were wining and dining applicants to join our practice. They are all new grads, and we had a lovely time, and interviewed them more formally today, and picked a terrific woman to join us. Has the sweetest baby, and nice husband, who both came for the dinner last night.
I shouldn't have had the dessert though, that was silly. Its fine to have the points, I will go on daily points for several days, but I didn't enjoy it enough to use the points. Well, time to count em up!
Hello all, hope everyone has a good long weekend, and for those who are Christian, may your services be lovely, nothing like a sunrise Easter service!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #36  
Come on Spring!

Quickie - did a post and lost it and my day is starting without me. BGL good and darn ticker is still stuck.

Solemn service at Church this morning, a lunch and then crazy friends coming for dinner. We are having rum cake which I will definitely avoid. I will have roasted veggies and the pork loin though.

Gotta dash. Have a great long weekend.

MAD, I'm doing the sunrise service too. We go to Pike Rock which overlooks the beautiful Rideau Lakes. Then we go to a pancake house which I will try to avoid!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #37  
Madeleine

fbs 5.2 today. not bad after a couple of days of overeating. Am not on call for the weekend, but not much happening today, so I am gonna do a fat fast. Its an atkins thing, and I am hoping it will clear me up for eating over the weekend. I started with cream cheese for breakfast, just cut it up and sprinkled splenda and cinnamon on it. Makes for 3 points in ww. Weather is lovely, planning a trail walk and yoga today.
Georgia, its great you are feeling better. I am so glad! and your sugars are improving pretty dramatically too. thats awesome. Happy Friday friends.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #38  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Just completed a 1.88 mi run with RunKeeper
Duration 0:29:07 | Calories Burned 203
Average Pace 15:28 / mi | Average Speed 3.88 mph | Elevation Climb 81 ft

looming storm clouds over heard. just not into it today. just did the C25K time and no extra. today was running for 20 mins straight. did it. surprised me. now the treadmill is harder for me to run on, than outside.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #39  

A quick flyby here for me too. Ate a bit myself yesterday, but scale was down a whole lb. Go figure. Been checking FBS early when I remember to do it so don't really know what fbs really is. Keeping late hours with DH while kids are out for spring break, so nothing is regular any way. I think it helps to go heavy on the fruits and veggies. I ate a lot of veggies and fruit yesterday and it seems to have helped. Who knows as these bodies seems to be a mistery to me. As long as I eat 95% healthy, I feel it has to pay off in the long run.

Good news is that DH hemotologist said DH blood count and all the other numbers he checked are normal. So he doesn't have to go back for 4 months.

Mad - I was so glad to see things went so well with your DD.

Got a busy day today trying to get things done before DH gets up and is ready to leave. Hope everyone has a great Good Friday.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #40  
Renaissance Woman

Oh, oh, OH!!! I couldn't wait to report to you all this morning! FBG was 99 this morning! That calls for a carrot!!!

Yesterday breakfast was totally free of carbs, and later meals were more carby but not too much. I actually quit eating around 5 pm because 1) I forgot to eat till 8 and 2) I had to start fasting at 8 for morning blood work at the lab. Before bed my bg was 108. I was a little worried I'd get hypo overnight, but the Janumet isn't supposed to cause that, so I just went to sleep.

So, after labs were done it was 9 a.m. and I was really hungry. Made stupid, STUPID decision of going to McDonald's and got the Sausage McMuffin, hashbrown and large coffee with 4 creams. I used to pound that combo years ago, with 2 extra hashbrowns. But this time, I started feeling fullish after the hashbrown, but I also felt guilt so I thought I'd better eat the McMuffin to get some protein in me. An hour later, bg was up to 178! Okay, NOT doing that ever again! Thankfully an hour after that, bg was back down to 118.

Just sticking to veggies and fish this afternoon and a salad with grilled chicken for dinner. And I'm going to knock off eating early again, to see if my fbg will be under 100 again tomorrow.

I'm feeling a bit less woozy on the Janumet today. One more week till I go back to my doctor for the follow up.

In case we don't connect, I wish those of you who are so inclined to have a lovely Passover/Easter. And everyone else, have a lovely weekend!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #41  

Georgia - Congrats on the 99 fbs. I'm happy for you.

Not sure how eating will be this week end. DH and I went out and had Chinese food today. Came home and the children asked us to celebrate Passover with them tonight which we did. DSIL is Jewish and children are half Jewish. So I ended up eating lots of carbs today. Tomorrow will be OP and I probably will be able to keep food OP Sunday when we will celebrate Easter with a ham. So fbs will not be to wonderful the next few days.

Hope everyone has a great weekend no matter how you spend it.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #42  
Come on Spring!

Dinner went well last night - the Pypers are way too much fun and their two dogs fit right in with my pack. Yes, I did send the leftover cake home with them. I have a lot of pork loin left though - guess I'll slice and freeze it to be used judiciously.

FBGL was 4.0 this morning and ticker is lying again. It must have been the dry salt and herb marinade on the roast. Lots of veggies and water are the plan today.

Enjoy your weekend whatever you do.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #43  
Renaissance Woman

I was so COLD yesterday. Bg had gotten down in the 70s at one point during the day. I spoke with my doctor and she told me to cut back my Janumet to once a day. I am feeling better this morning and I think I won't take it till tonight. I didn't take it last night and my fbg was back up to 120 this morning. It's the morning number I'm most concerned with.

And it didn't help that I ate two slices of pizza and chicken wings last night for dinner...

This morning my son, dog and I are going out to the farm that I do web and social media management for. I'm going to video tape Farmer Bob while Daisy chases the chickens and Rhyan tries to not look bored. I'm going to score some chard, leaf lettuces and pastured eggs. I love working for my veggies and eggs! It's shaping up to be a gorgeous day!
Old 04-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #44  
Madeleine

Just a quick HI, Georgia I am thrilled for the bg under 1001 definitely calls for a carrot!
My fat fast worked and I was down below 170 again this am, then went to the big city dress shopping, still haven't found "THE" dress. DD came along, and we took photos on my phone, so I can keep thinking about the choices. One nicer dress, the size 14 way too big, (big grin) but the 12 a bit snug. A few more pounds would do it, and since I have lost already and hope to lose more, its a real contender. None of them wowed me though.
Hellos to Ruth , Rie, Trish and everyone else. I am tired and off to bed, going to church with my Dad tmw.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #45  
Come on Spring!

Happy Easter and Passover to those of us who celebrate.

I am off to Church and then for brunch at my friend's house. Claire's a good and healthy cook and is doing it buffet style so I will be able to choose what to eat. Dinner at my son's inlaws' house will be a different thing.

So far I have managed to avoid sugar, aside from the disastrous Malitol episode early in the week. FBGL was a good solid 4.2 and weight from the salty pork is slowly "trickling" away.

Enjoy your Sunday and do something nice for yourself today - even just a slather of hand cream will count.
Closed Thread