Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Featherweights Planning & Chat for May 14th- 20th

Ah summer! Quickly approaching! Shorts, bathing suits ... and a bit of what's not feathery sticking out all over!
What'll we do about that?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Red face mayan chocolate Haagen Daaz

Well we were watching a documentary about chocolate ( in which I appear for about 3 seconds) and we just couldn't resist. We did get the small 1/2 litre as opposed to the 2 litre tub that DH regularly lugs home.

I'm back OP today and wondering if yesterday will have much effect on the weigh-in tomorrow. The treat was definitely worth it - haven't had anything chocolate in 3 weeks, a "personal best" for me.

Am back at home this week til Friday so am planning to eat OP all week. Have all of our new patio furniture assembled so lots of grilling/salads/etc. for the rest of the week. Fruit for dessert and breakfast every day too!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:04 AM   #3  

I'm off Wed, Thurs and Friday. Had to change my schedule to cover the long weekend But I do enjoy having a few days off in a row. I have much better control over my exercise and eating times when I'm home.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

We've found a hovel, er, home for the next year. It's tiny - I might have to lose weight just to fit in it! Oh well, tidying burns calories right?
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:30 AM   #5  

I am appalled at how quickly our smaller house gets cluttered! The biggest litterer has gone to my brother's for a week so maybe that'll help.
Speaking of that, I should probably go try to find my kitchen counter.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:34 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Well I'm off to the gym, bike, eat, shower, work... same ole same ole
Mother's day was awesome DH made supper of my mom and I, beer can chicken, yummy ... Since last Friday I've been OFF, big time... Time to get crackalakin' on real weightloss...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #7  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
We have an Earthfare here & Fresh Market along w/some other co-ops which I'm sure would provide more all-natural choices. I've shied away from them in the past because of the volume I must take. I figured if one little (okay, big) pill makes me sick, I would be dumb to take even more!

mamajones, life is too short to have to deal with discomfort! Do try a liquid and see if you don’t get used to it quickly and appreciate the “no-hassle” ease in taking multivitamins. Also it assimilates quickly, and at a rate of 100%, so you have no concerns about getting your money’s worth. (Some tablets may not fully break down.) I have several friends with pill-swallowing problems, which is also a real bummer, and they either go with capsules or liquid (whole foods types taken with meals being easier on tummies). BTW, great compliment – thanks for sharing.

Dawnslight, be sure you check this against monthly cycle. You could be beating yourself up for simple temporary water retention. And remember, you’d need to check month-over-month, because everyone doesn’t retain on the same days.

Congrats on weight landmark, hikerchick.

Allison, I don’t sweat crisp bacon – but I admit if it’s not crisp it kind of ruins the sandwich for me, both for texture and for thinking about the bad fat left there for me!

Like Susan says, much better control over exercise and eating times when at home.

My Mother’s Day weekend was really lovely, and the fact that it included meals out with family is okay – they honestly want to be good to us and sometimes we just need to remember what’s important, and be available to accept kindnesses from expectant hearts! It was also one family member’s birthday, so yes, there was dessert, but not too bad. Also harder to stay on plan when there are so many trying to merge schedules. I checked this morning and I think the whole weekend only gave me a pound-and-a-half to deal with, which is not much of a price to pay for the memories. I can get rid of that quick!
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I had a nice Mother's Day. Took DS shopping and bought him his first suit! He's pretty psyched about it.

Today is DH & my 19th anniversary, but we celebrated Saturday night with dinner.

Today is another day of work--hoping we didn't get robbed over the weekend! This week is VERY busy. Today is normal, but Tuesday and Thursday are totally filled to the point of only being able to work half day! Friday we leave for a weekend in Vegas.

Have a great day everyone!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:04 AM   #9  

Happy anniversary Allison!
Old 05-14-2007, 10:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

I need to really step it up this week. I was so far off plan last week it was pathetic . Luckily I didn't gain anything, although I'm still a pound up from the week before. I have to get out of this maintenance mode. That's not what I'm going for .

Hope everyone has a great day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #11  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Allison Hope you have lots of fun in Vegas, one of my fave cities and always a "Plan B" for spontaneous long weekends and mini-vacays.

Mom had to work on Mom's Day (foodservice industry, so no big surprise) so I went over to her place and made her the Mom's day brunch for dinner -- scones, shortbread cookies, salmon/crab cake & quiche with edamamme & squash salad. Everything turned out great and I stayed on-plan, calorie wise.

I also weighed myself before eating the brunch-dinner... 146!!!! One pound away from my summer goal, will be so happy if I hit that before June 1 ~ the somewhat visible abs goal are, well, somewhat visible (i.e. I have to starve myself before you see anything!! ) -- so I guess more cardio and core workouts are in order to reduce my body fat % and increase all those ab muscles.

And speaking of ab workouts; geez, I was reading the Sunday paper & all its ads and SO many department stores are selling "Red", the swiveling stool with armrest -- even though I know better than to buy one-trick exercise ponies, I'm sure many others gladly shelled out the moolah for it. (you can see the product here: http://www.1seenontvstore.com/red-exerciser.html) note; I understand this is probably good for people who have back problems and can't do the crunch-like ab exercises, but there's a plethora of ab exercises that doesn't put as much strain on the back or require equipment like this.

Ooo speaking of Haagen Daz, tomorrow (May 15) Haagen Daz stores will be giving free scoops of their new flavors (Sticky Toffee Pudding & Cinnamon Dulce de Leche) 4-8pm. I can plan my way around one scoop, right?
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Morning! Starting fresh today.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

It's a good thing we don't have a Haagen Daz store around here! I did miss the Baskin Robbins giveaway a few weeks back (as well as the Starbucks free coffee). Didn't Ben & Jerry's do the same?--if so, I stayed away from that too! Woo for me!

Eating OP this week. The only problem I had all weekend was a piece of leftover pizza yesterday morning after breakfast because I was just starved. For overall weight, I'm at 142 this morning which pleased me to no end! For the past few weeks, I've been at 143.5 on Monday morning! My Trader Joe's Low Fat Surimi and Shrimp salad is waiting for my lunch today (after my strawberries and whole wheat English muffin breakfast). Dinner will be a homemade BLT with avocado (we'll see if mine is any match to the one I had Friday at the deli). I found some whole grain sourdough to make the sandwich with. Sounds yummy!

Warlock~I can't wait 'til my kids are grown and come home and do something nice like you did for your Mom!

Abby~you can do it!!!

Ennay~haven't seen you around much...WTG for the fresh start.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes, Susan!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #14  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

As expected, last week totally got away from me and I couldn't keep up with the thread. I'm also way behind on logging my 21 day challenge results, even though I've done pretty well in terms of staying on plan.

I think this will be a maintenance week for me. I was on plan once I got home from my conference and I expect to be on plan pretty much every day this week, but I expect that the damage I did at the Conference won't really hit until this week (it usually takes a week before any off-plan eating shows up on the scale for me). It is also the week before TOM and I rarely am able to lose during this week. But hopefully if I can stay on plan this week, the scale will start to move again next week.

Sadly no Haagen Dazs for me ! Those new flavors are 300 calories for just 1/2 cup ! That's a fourth of my total calories for the day; it's basically one meal for me (in fact, it's more calories than I eat for my entire breakfast). There's no way I can work that into my calorie limit. I don't even bother with their light ice cream and frozen yogurt (which I swear has as many calories as other brands' regular ice cream). Some companies just don't get "light."
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Oooooh those last 10 lbs are hard!

So I am down to my psychological weight. In my head I have always been this weight and now the scale and me agree. Kind of a relief really.

Still I have always had about 10 lbs to loose (if I were young and single I would make it 20 but my husband bless his heart likes voluptuous women so I'll call it 10 and make it a done deal).

Though I am having a tougher time keeping everything up. I am really wanting to slack both with workouts and food. Mothers day was a bit of an indulgence but at least I got an 8 mile run in so I think I came out of it unscathed.

I suppose I am doing good on my runs at least.

We are getting close to summer. In fact it feels like summer already. There's an incentive to loose those last few pounds. Biological air conditioning.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote