Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 221/215.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Well, the fluid is finally coming off. Thank God. I had not said anything, but I was so swollen that my weight had gone up to 230.5 so I knew I had eaten a lot of salt somewhere. Getting to where it is no real joy to eat out in restaurants any more. One day on a lower carb day and doing the 5 hr eating window of IF and I was down to 225.5 this morning. So thankful that the lower carb takes care of the fluid as I just don't want to resort to fluid pills. Learned with DH mother when she was living that you can take so many of them that they don't work any more.

I didn't really cut out all the salt or all carbs, but ate them very moderately and within the WW pts plus. BTW I know Mad was concerned about me doing IF. So let me explain... I'm not short changing myself on the IF way of eating. I still get all my much needed nutrition. I get all the fruit, veggies and protein that my body needs to be healthy and even add "some" carbs. I just eat them within my window of 5 to 7 hrs. And then I'm drinking all the water and green tea that I need during the fasting hrs. That's the main reason that I decided to continue with the WWP+ along with IF. I know that I need the WWP+ structure so I can do this and be healthy otherwise, I would be tempted to binge on junk foods and that would defeat the purpose of IF for me. I'm doing IF to keep my fbs normal along with all the other benefits of better numbers overall. I found that if I give in to binges on junk foods that the fbs does not improve like it does if you do IF with the healthy eating.

Mad - Thanks for the recipe. I plan to get the ingredients and make it this weekend for a healthy dessert. You are doing great and you are going to look great at the wedding.

Ruthie - Thanks for the recipe. DH would never eat it, but it would be a great to eat with the kids. DD and her family would love it.

Bonnie, Rie, Chipper and everyone else

Have a great day!
Old 04-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #62  

A quick one to just share that my FBS is 109 lowest so far. YAY
Old 04-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #63  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Trish, you are doing great, a nice fbs and losing that retained fluid. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #64  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I'm off to the gym shortly. It'll be hard to workout after not being there in a week - they closed over the long Easter weekend. I do need to get stronger so I can tackle major garden tasks soon.

Weight down to 179 and BGL 5.0. Breakfast was a Fibre1, flax, milk and blackberry smoothie and was quite yummy. When we go to the Diner after gym, I will resist the muffins!

I hope everyone is in recovery mode after the Easter weekend. I know I am!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #65  
Madeleine

fbs 4.9 today, hurray! sleep patterns seem to be changing with longer days, instead of waking twice in the night and sleeping later, I seem to only wake once (to pee of course) and sleep more solidly, but wake up earlier. No biggie, probably overall is the same.
Haven't been to yoga since Friday, hope to get out for a short trail walk this am, will go to yoga in pm if able.
Ruth, enjoy the gym. I gave my walking poles to my father, but now want a set, will have to cruise some garage sales soon.
THere is snow on the ground here this am! Unusual for southern Ontario, but its been a crazy spring.
Happy Wednesday chickies, its weigh-in night for me!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #66  

Good Morning Chickies,

Well, I am well on my way finally. Official WI is 5 lbs according to my ticker, however, it is really 7 lbs from the fluid gain. Either way, I am so grateful that the scale is moving in the right direction. I definitely attribute it to not on IF, but to doing IF with clean eating and WW guidelines really helps of eating loads of veggies, fruits and protein. Thank God I've finally found my way.

Ruthie - I also have to get to exercising as I need to strengthen my legs and improve my circulation.

Mad - Isn't that the way it goes. We give away something only to wish we had it again. I gave my treadmill to my Daddy when I married DH. Have no idea where it is now, but I have really missed it.

Bonnie, Rie, Chipper and everyone else hope everything is going well with y'all.

Have a great day.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #67  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Drive-by posting...

FBS 118

Have a great day!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
Drive-by posting...

FBS 118

Have a great day!
Good Georgia. Good to hear from you.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #69  
Madeleine

Happy weigh-in night to me! ww scale is slightly below the ticker, and even though I have eaten lots I still have a couple of points left for a bedtime snack.
Having a good work week, and got to yoga today. Planning trail walk tomorrow. All in all, feeling pretty good.
Trish, I would like the poles back, but am glad to give them to Dad. walking is about all he can do for exercise now, although he is going back to T'ai Chi, but he takes that quite slow and easy, and its at the seniors centre. With the poles he is getting a bit of a workout for his arms, and he does need it! But so do I.
However, I was looking at my arms tonight with my tank top on for yoga, and there is some nice muscle definition there. I can hold a plank or downward dog for quite a while now, and can do flows moving through rather well, and it is starting to show. My abs are also pretty good under the flubber, so as that leaves me, I have faith it will show too.
Short week, Its already Wednesday night!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #70  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Ticker is still lying but not so much and FBGL is 4.0 although I did have pasta last night. Gym yesterday was torture after a week away! My PT was keen to show me some ab exercises and I'm sure sore today.

Cooked a beef heart for the dogs "pantry" yesterday and tasted it. It certainly is a lean meat and might work in some recipes. It's not really an organ meat because it is pure muscle. I must research and experiment.

Hope your day is fun and healthy.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #71  
Madeleine

fbs 4.7 today, lowest yet! will move ticker the next pound down if the reading stays around a couple of days! After the feasts and fasts of last week, time to have a plain old diet for a bit.
Ruth, I like heart as well. I eat the chicken heart from the giblets when I roast a bird, but a beef heart is too big, since no one else in the family will eat it.
I don't like liver at all, but heart is rather nice to me. I just ate it roasted and sliced, like beef, when we did a beef heart.
Its a lovely sunny day here, and will go for a walk with the dog before I go off to work.
Georgia, Trish, CHipper, Rie, everyone else, hello, and drop us a line!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #72  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Sitting here and being down again today. Been this way for the past week almost two weeks. So many problems in my family I jest don't know what to do first .It is mainly with my two daughters I have one that is so full of anger you can't say alot to her cause she will start screaming. The other one is my biggest she thinks because she is 17 that she knows everything. Spent two hours in her therapy session yesterday and I come out feeling down . According to her it is all my fault that she can't read and she was put out of school . I tell her all the time I didnt go to school and scream and cuss the teachers and the Principal and get suspended all that time that was all her. Plus get arrested twice.

So with me feeling Down I have not worked out I have not ate right and I have gained I ate a whole box of peanut butter Easter eggs and some marshmallow eggs. Now I sit here Like what am I doing to myself why am I doing this I need to think about me . I have been waking up every morning with a backache . Some one send me some relief.

So me and the Aunt and her Daughter and grand daughter is supposed to be going to Ga next week for a few days to get away and it seems like we are destined not to go. The baby gets sick and they set here and say hopefully she will get better or we can't go but she isn't going to get better if you don't give her any meds for it. Now my kids are like I don't feel good . I am about to pull my hair out. I am so tired and so stressed out I jest feel like crying . I don't know what to do. I feel miserable.

Thank you guys for letting me vent. Hopefully I will feel better soon.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #73  

A quick flyby this morning as it will be a busy day. DSIL was off the last 2 days, but is working today. Hope they don't have to start laying guys off. 40 people told not to come in Tuesday because they had no work for them so he was off Tues and Wed. I was down another 1/2 a lb this morning but so maybe I will do good again this week. I may have cut my feeding window short yesterday because I couldn't remember what time we ate and I didn't want to go over the 5 hr window. So I think I had a 4 hr window instead. I will end up with between 22 - 24 hr fast today as I have an appt at 12 for a perm and then going to run by the store before coming home. I've been wanting to do a 24 hr fast at least once in a while so may get it done today. I'm just so thankful that the scales are starting to move again.

Hello to everybody and y'all have a great Thursay.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
Sitting here and being down again today. Been this way for the past week almost two weeks. So many problems in my family I jest don't know what to do first .It is mainly with my two daughters I have one that is so full of anger you can't say alot to her cause she will start screaming. The other one is my biggest she thinks because she is 17 that she knows everything. Spent two hours in her therapy session yesterday and I come out feeling down . According to her it is all my fault that she can't read and she was put out of school . I tell her all the time I didnt go to school and scream and cuss the teachers and the Principal and get suspended all that time that was all her. Plus get arrested twice.

So with me feeling Down I have not worked out I have not ate right and I have gained I ate a whole box of peanut butter Easter eggs and some marshmallow eggs. Now I sit here Like what am I doing to myself why am I doing this I need to think about me . I have been waking up every morning with a backache . Some one send me some relief.

So me and the Aunt and her Daughter and grand daughter is supposed to be going to Ga next week for a few days to get away and it seems like we are destined not to go. The baby gets sick and they set here and say hopefully she will get better or we can't go but she isn't going to get better if you don't give her any meds for it. Now my kids are like I don't feel good . I am about to pull my hair out. I am so tired and so stressed out I jest feel like crying . I don't know what to do. I feel miserable.

Thank you guys for letting me vent. Hopefully I will feel better soon.
Bonnie - I am so sorry you are going through this. I remember going through the same type of things with my kids when they were teens. My 2 younger kids grew out of it and did great, but my oldest blamed everyone for his misfortunes and as far as I know still does. We don't hear from him anymore because his wife doesn't like our family. He was the one who skipped school and didn't graduate from high school. He is the one who lost a really good job along with his first wife and family because he chose to leave them for a girl and did drugs etc with her and ended up in jail. His Daddy and I borrowed over a thousand dollars and I went with him and picked up hot checks to keep him from going to jail the first time he got into trouble, but his Daddy died the night he was picked up on the drug charge and I didn't have the money to get him out of trouble. I told the second son that his brother never appreciated what we did so if he got in trouble not to even call me because we were not making the same mistake with him. He got in trouble and went to jail not long after that and lost his job. My friend told me he came to her and asked her for a job and told her what I had told him. By the time he got home and told me what had happened, he had worked everything out himself and had a job working for my friend painting apartments. He is the best son and very responsible. I wish I had known to let the oldest boy work things out instead of bailing him out and just maybe he would have made better choices and be a more responsible person instead of thinking the world owes him something.

Don't stop taking care of yourself, believe me it won't help your daughter. I will keep you in my prayers and you come her and vent any time you need to. Sometimes it helps just to get it off our chests. This group has been so supportive of me when I needed to vent. Try to have a good day anyway.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello friends.

Sorry that I have been MIA for a few days. I spent the last week in ND with my ds and family. The internet at the hotel was wonky. I have spent the last couple of days trying to catch up. My eating wasn't bad but my weight is still holding higher than I would like. I am going to really hit it hard for a couple weeks and see if I can't get past this plateau. fbs at a high 98 this morning but I know it is due to the graham cracker that I ate at about 4am. I woke with nausea and just needed to settle it down. Other than that, I have been holding from 75 - 85.

Mad, you sound so good and I am so happy for your next decade! I am going to add hot yoga classes to my routine for the next month.

Ruth, heart is good, lean meat. I love it.

Trish, it sounds like you have landed in a plan that is working for you. Good job!

Georgia, wow, you are doing great.

Bonnie, I am so sorry for your troubles. As a therapist, I am troubled by the idea that your daughter would be allowed to blame you in that fashion. Was she confronted at all? Please be kind to yourself..... As someone who works with adolescents, I can tell you that this will pass. It only SEEMS endless at the time. As much as you can, take care of you.

Well, off to work and face the rainy day. Good health, everyone!

Rie
Closed Thread