Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #76  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"Chosen family" - good thought, Rie. Thanks.

The hostess for Book Club went all out with refreshments last night so I had a very light supper. Luckily she had veggies and dip along with other terrifying stuff. She insisted I try her stuffed mushrooms which were absolutely horrible! Blue cheese and walnuts were a bad combo. Luckily her dog was very fond of me so ...

Being abstemious paid off as weight was back into the 170s this morning and BGL a good solid 4.5.

I'd better get moving. We had snow last night and I need to shovel the decks so the dogs don't track in quite so much of the white stuff. I am so glad I put the car into the barn last night.

Wishing us all a Saturday of peace and accomplishment.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #77  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

hey friends: Nice to hear from you Chipper, and Rie, hope that situation at work gets better. How stressful at holiday time.
Ruth, we too have chosen family, or what I call "friendship families", those who are not related, but are so close that it feels like they are family. While most have other family to spend holidays with, not all do, and we regularly include each other in gatherings.
ticker down a little again today. HOpe I can keep it together today. I have a family gathering (pizza, so I will eat before going) and a Christmas party after that (I am making low carb stuff to take for the potluck) Hope I don't get challenged too much though.
DD home today, she just has one more exam, but we will drive her to town for that one. Have a happy Saturday.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Friends.

After a 14 hour day yesterday, the investigation is finished. I will have a couple of days of lawyers and reports on Monday but then it will finish. Sad and tired here...

fbs was 85 this morning after a supper at a local club. Not many good choices so I had really good battered shrimp. I pulled off most of the breading.

Yesterday I went in to weigh in and was very disappointed to see a reading of a 5+lb gain. I refuse to believe that. So, I ordered a scale for my home today to start tracking more closely. I looked at my logs and there is no way that I GAINED weight this month. Time for a new weighing strategy.

I am going to spend the day with my mom and dad making sweets and cookies. My plan is to practice real moderation and to let the stress of the week fade away. I am not supposed to work out until monday but I am going to cheat and go for a slow walk tomorrow morning.... Hey - its not aerobics, right?

Ruth, careful shoveling that snow! I sure wish we would get some here.

Mad, I liked the coleslaw recipe but I am alergic to walnuts and pecans. Maybe toasted almonds?

Trish, enjoy the holiday preparations.

Chipper, I just descovered a website here that lists running events. I am so excited!

Bonnie, hope all the move preparations are going really well.

Be back later folks!

Rie
Old 12-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #79  
Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Hello Friends.

After a 14 hour day yesterday, the investigation is finished. I will have a couple of days of lawyers and reports on Monday but then it will finish. Sad and tired here..

Mad, I liked the coleslaw recipe but I am alergic to walnuts and pecans. Maybe toasted almonds?

Rie
sorry for a hard work day, sounds awful, I too would be upset to lose coworkers this way.
I am sure you could use toasted almonds, but if you are terribly allergic, I am not sure its ever safe to eat other nuts. Up to you though.

Have a good day

FYi everyone, I posted a recipe I made by experimentation for a low carb chocolate cream pavlova yule log. Very rich, and yummy!
Old 12-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Rie Sorry about the problems at work. I'm sure it was stressful and a sad situation for you, but glad the investigation is over for you. Hope you can have a good week end inspite of everything.

Ruth I found the idea of "chosen family"very pleasing. I've some of those in my life as well. Some how blue cheese and walnuts just doesn't sound good. Glad your weight is back down in the 170s.

Fatmad I will definitely check out the recipe.

Well, you know me... always trying something different. Attempted combining CALP with the WW/LC woe, but it's too complicated and I like what little carbs I do eat scattered throughout the day rather than trying to eat them in a 1 hr period. So will keep things simple and do them as I originally planned. Just don't like eating all my carbs at one time. It also caused me to have some swelling this morning. So I'll just keep things simple.

Have a church Christmas party tomorrow evening, but DH is sick with flu (he had the flu shot too) like symptoms so we don't plan to go. Will probably go to church... unless he gets a lot better, we will stay at home this year.

Catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #81  

Mad, where did you post the recipe?
Old 12-18-2011, 05:25 AM   #82  
Come on Spring!

Here you go, Rie. http://www.canadianliving.com/food/r...nd_walnuts.php Edited to Add: I just realized you meant the Chocolate Pavlova recipe. Sorry!

Woke at 3:30 feeling strange so got up and checked my blood expecting a low. It was 5.2 - go figure.

I have not been eating enough lately as I seem to have lost both my appetite and my enthusiasm for food. This is a side effect of the Victoza but I don't like it! I miss looking forward to cooking something yummy and have been relying too much on frozen dinners like Lean Cuisine and Compliments! As I made my doggie treats yesterday, I was thinking that my dogs eat better than I do! (The treats are cooked turkey, sweet potato, oatmeal and grated carrot.) I never thought the day would come when I'd forget to eat but yesterday was poor: a poached egg on toast for breakfast and then nothing until 6:30 when I had a frozen dinner of 270 calories and two glasses of wine. Not enough calories and minimal veggies plus 0 fruit.

Time to get a grip. Plan your meals and EXECUTE the plan! I refuse to turn into one of those old ladies who just picks away at her food - it's completely out of character.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #83  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

ruth...did you just start taking victoza? i have been on it for over a year. the appetite suppressant part works well. that's why i am was put on it by my endro. most of the time it's not a problem for me, i have an addiction to food anyway. i have set eating times, breakfast by 7, lunch by 12:30, so on and so forth. it does help if for some reason you can't eat lunch until later, you are ok. i take between 1.2 and 1.8 dose. it gets better. with the times you make yourself eat so you don't forget.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #84  
Come on Spring!

Chipper - I started Victoza the beginning of February and am now at the full dose - 18ml?

I lost 25 pounds by July 1 but weight has sort of stalled since then. Over the summer and fall I seemed to eat more but now I am losing my appetite - a real surprise for me. My HA1c has gone from 6.7 to 5.8 so my doc and I are both delighted with that.

I'm just not hungry but am going to force myself to plan and eat meals during this busy holiday season. Luckily I have had very little problem resisting goodies lately.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Chickies Have a Blessed Sunday.

Read and do indies later.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #86  
Madeleine

hi all:
Rie: I posted the recipe for the pavlova on the atkins thread.

I didn't do so well at the Christmas parties last evening. I didn't pig out on dessert (ok so maybe better than I thought) but I did eat some treats. I tried avoiding them in the seating plan, and eventually had to leave the table, they kept putting things in front of me, and after a while I couldn't resist. I have a headache this morning, and even last evening didn't feel well after the treats.
Watching the grandnieces and nephews open their little gifts from us was really fun, they enjoyed what we gave, and they also opened a couple of other things from the aunties and uncles. Makes it feel more like Christmas this way.
THen we went to an adult party, with lots of musical jamming taking place, and that was awesome. Had a great time, and did play my fiddle a bit even, which I have not been doing for a long time.
So this morning, a little kick in the pants for me, back on plan, and going to walk the dog now. HOpe you all have a lovely Sunday.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #87  
Come on Spring!

Thanks, Mad. I was interested too and will go and copy it since it sounds like something I would eat.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #88  

Hello all,

fbs at 88 today and it was good all day yesterday - despite the fact that I had a cookie here and there and tastes here and there of the goodies we were making. Is it possible to get diabetes in control enough that a little bit of this stuff doesn't cause a reaction in bs? I know the calories are bad for weight loss efforts.

Today I need to go back down to moms to process and wrap the caramels that I made yesterday. I also might put together a couple batches of truffles to be rolled later. Other than that, I am going to rest and prepare for the week.

Last night I prepped and fine cleaned some trout that my friend brought me. Very large beautiful trout. I will cook for my folks on Tuesday.

Ruth, it sounds like you know what you need to do. I hope you find your way to some healthy meals. Maybe a pot of soup or two to have on hand for healthy meals?

Hi Trish! Have a good Sunday!

Mad, it sounds like you attended two lovely parties. I think we have to find a way to enjoy the goodies this time of year in moderation, don't you?

Chipper, is the victoza an injectible? Does it really take away your appetite? Interesting...

Well, I will check back here later. Have a great day, everyone.

Rie

Old 12-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #89  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hi Everyone Jest getting a chance to stop and check in. Well I am doing good with my breakfast and lunch but my dinner is out of wack. Hopefully I can get enough out of my living room so I can workout some before we move. Took 3 god loads to good will and one load to the aunts already so more to come hope to be out of here in the middle of jan. Got lots done but lots more to do yet.. Hope all is going well with everyone...
Old 12-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #90  
Come on Spring!

Happy Monday. 5.0 this morning and my ticker is back! I'm hoping to keep it as is or improved over the next two weeks. There will be lots of temptations but ...

Today, after another coffee, I will make a meal plan for the week taking into consideration a luncheon on Wednesday and a birthday party on Thursday. Temptations will abound but I will keep in mind that "one little piece" can shoot me down the slippery slope to another and another. Sugar addiction is not pretty.

On we go with a brand new week of our personal renovation projects.
Closed Thread